July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 5/21-5/25

Re: Weekday Randoms 5/21-5/25

• foxbaby2016foxbaby2016 member
    edited May 2018
    I woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit by a bus. I've been exhibiting all of the symptoms of a major baby growth spurt (tired, hungry and sore). I am fully expecting to wake up tomorrow and be twice as large as I am today.  :p

Anyone else looking forward to the long weekend?! I am hoping our in-law's pool will be warm enough that I can take my DS over for a swim. I may also go to Costco for our "prebaby stock up" of toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc. 
  • I am in serious cravings mode, which is unhelpful for our budget, lol. I want all the things and am holding back so we can stay on track. 

I am "meh" to the long weekend. We are broke so can't do much and I stay home anyway so the only difference will be an extra day with DH home, lol. 

Despite my debbie downer-ness about Memorial Day, I am feeling pretty good this Monday! Perhaps the first Monday in a long time I haven't been incredibly depressed about life. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2018
    foxbaby2016 same here.  This entire weekend I could feel my belly stretching and hello stretch marks :( I woke up and there they were.  My rib pain is back in full swing. I used to be able to lay down and it would help but now no matter what position it hurts.  

I cant wait for the long weekend- I have so much stuff to do to get ready for the baby and I can finally do it! Yay!  I just did the pre-baby stock.  Between amazon's subscribe and save and walmarts free 2 day shipping I spent close to $300 but have TP, paper towels, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, razors, cat food and so much more all set to go until september haha  The best part is the laundry detergent- still a great deal AND you dont have to lug it through the whole store.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Lol that image is 100% accurate. So happy for a couple of short-ish weeks thanks to Memorial Day. Also the boss isn't in the office until Wednesday. Woohoo!
  • I feel HUGE today, not even bump wise just all around huge, fat and puffy and gross. 15 more work days after today to get through. I can't wait to not wear pants. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @babygagnon2018 Hmm...maybe I'll have to check out Amazon's subscribe and save before I make the trip to Costco to compare prices...I've never used it before.

I've also been looking for places to buy diapers in bulk. My DS is wearing size 6 diapers and they are SO expensive. I bought his diapers at Costco (Kirkland brand) for the longest time but the bigger diapers are no longer a good deal....

@runsomewhere Amen to no pants.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @runtosomewhere Ugh So sorry you feel huge. I've been doing yoga pants and/or leggings since week 25.
  • @foxbaby2016 pants are the devil right now.

@nimmle I change it to leggings or a maxi dress the minute I get home from work. I'm jealous of you for living in comfort. While no one at work would say anything to me if I wore leggings to work I would be so self conscious. I'm wearing pretty comfortable maternity jeans but it's not the same and the belly band slides down all day long. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @foxbaby2016 we do subscribe and save for our diapers.  It was cheaper than costco or target or anywhere else I looked and @babygagnon2018 is so right about it coming to the door instead of lugging it around! (GOOD CALL ON LOOKING AT TP AND paper towels on there too!).  It's also where we got formula, gripe water, cereal puffs, and fruit pouches.

I have mixed feelings about this weekend.  Sunday is DD's 2nd birthday.  We're having a joint 30th/2nd for DH/DD on Saturday and the family is being complete TWs.  His aunt bought his favorite cousin family tickets to see Frozen on broadway so now they're not coming (i blame aunt not them), and cousins on the other side decided to throw a saturday party instead of their usual sunday party this year so most of that side isn't coming either...which we found out about 2nd hand because NO ONE BOTHERED TO RSVP! I did both FB and paper invites in early APRIL to try to make it easy.  More tacos for us I guess.  The rest of the weekend should be nice if I survive the party.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • stlmegsstlmegs member
    I feel like I am in good company this week.  I was so sore/tired yesterday I could hardly get out of bed.  Today is not much better, but drinking a bunch of water has seemed to have helped.  

@runsomewhere I feel you on the no pants.  I'm sorry you are feeling so icky. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @runsomewhere That's exactly what was happening to me. So I just decided to make the move over to leggings, yoga pants and maxi dresses. Thank goodness for a casual work environment.
  • Happy Monday! My mom has been in town since Thursday and it’s kept us all SUPER busy! I’m going to take her back to the airport late tonight and catch up on life tomorrow. 

I wanted to get the crib and changing table set up in DS’s room while my mom was here but we’ve been so busy that I’ll just do it on my own later this week. Trying to organize DS’s stuff and fit a baby in there is stressing me out. I need a professional organizer to come help me out. 

Im sorry all of you are so sore and incomfortable. I found out over the weekend while trying to catch DS in our acre yard that I can’t run anymore. My pelvis feels like it’s going to snap in half. 
  • @gingerbride26 Ugh, we are running into the same issues with no one RSVPing. I finally texted everyone this morning and asked them to let us know if they were planning to attend our casual/cookout shower thing this weekend. I don't really feel like it's my place but my sister doesn't know how to contact these people because they are our friends. So far I've gotten a bunch of "no" responses. It kind of makes me wish that my sister would have listened and not planned a shower....I hate the anxiety of it all. 

I'm sorry you are going through something similar but you are right....more cake (or taco in your case) for us. 
  • +1 for subscribe and save. Especially for diapers- you get an extra % off on diapers alone. Size 6 luvs was only like $25/mo when DS was using them regularly.
    I get most of my paper goods off amazon and I do most bulk shopping on Boxed. I like bulk shopping online more than anything so I’m not leaving Costco with an extra tub of cheese balls and cream puffs and chocolate that my thighs don’t need. 

I hear you all on the uncomfortableness! This baby’s head has been wedged into my ribs for well over a week and I’m over it. She needs to turn. If she’s still footling breech at my next scan in a couple weeks they’ll be having the c-section talk  :/
  • @foxbaby2016 ugh I hate having to chase RSVP when you aren't hosting, that really sucks.  I've decided to just go with and try not to care, I more feel bad for DH who gets shafted for his birthday every year.  We're doing a taco bar party so that it's super chill on me.  Just doing chicken fajita filling and ground beef taco filling in the crock pots, then bunch of toppings in bowls.  Most work is the stupid shopping trips to grocery, party city, and dollar store!  MIL is going nuts taking over and bringing a bunch of food we don't need but I'm just like you do you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm still feeling ok but after a 45 min walk (by the beach, so no incline) I definitely felt sore. I made it to the gym on Saturday after 4ish weeks and man all the dumbells felt heavy!

I have felt like a blob for the past few weeks. Not just in terms of physical activity but more like motivation wise. So I really want to turn things around! Do more stretching, spinning babies exercises and yoga. All of this in little chunks, 5 min here, 10 min there on my work breaks. It will help me create mini routines when it will be impossible to get 1 hour to myself due to the baby!

On top of this I've been sad about what happened with my friend, she ended up never RSVP ing to the shower nor to like 3 emails that were sent directly to her, didn't send a gift or even a card, and apparently didn't send a note to put on the "wishes for the baby" puzzle that everyone contributed to. I'm moving on but it's been weighing on me a little. I'm tired of feeling meh, so here's to a productive, happy week!

• @gingerbride26 people not RSVP ing , yup, I feel you! I'm sorry about that but hey, we also had tacos at my shower and like you said it's great to have leftovers! 

@SmashJam I'm also stressing about money a bit mostly because we still need to purchase the portable AC and other misc items, DH keeps saying don't worry but...you know I do.

I am happy for the long weekend and plan to work a half day on Friday. I want the baby's room to be mostly done by then!
  • wildtotwildtot member
    Just got home from DS's early intervention for his speech. All check out except the fact that he is not putting many words together. So we qualify for services and all that will start in June. With any luck this will help us qualify for the free preschool services. 
    I've been waking up feeling super tired and heavy. I hard to roll out of bed these days. I am really debating on asking to work from home starting June, but then if I have an emergency that I have to go into L&D, DH will not be around. So I am really debating it.
    Our three day weekend will be spent potty training...yay! so it's gonna be an outdoors naked weekend for DS. Wish us luck!
  • Oh and re: subscribe and save, it's the best thing ever, regardless of the store. I was reading a post in one of my mom's groups and someone said she had to send her husband to buy this and that post partum and I was thinking... Amazon ftw for whatever I forget!!! She even mentioned she uses Amazon so I was surprised, I think gone are the days of people going to buy diapers in the middle of the night...

I'll say I also live in an urban, central area where I usually get quick delivery.

And one more thing, sorry about so much talking today but as an ftm I'm so excited about the stroller being delivered today!!!
  • @wildtot Good luck! Let us know how that goes! 
    @kissableviv Sorry about your friend. I don't know the whole story but I have several friends that have hurt my feelings (so far) in regards to my shower. People suck sometimes. 
  • foxbaby2016 I highly recommend subscribe and save.  Look for items with online coupons too! Amazon makes it so easy you just a click a “use coupon” button and will save instantly, especially if its your first time.  The more things you order/subscribe to, the bigger the discount (max of up to I think its 15 or 20%)  I compared prices between amazon and walmart and still got a bunch off amazon.  You also don’t have to subscribe every month- it asks how often you want the product delivered (I do everything for every 6 months) then if I need it sooner I just click the “move to current order”

But usually each month I go on and update my order.  However for the summer and a month after babe is born I don’t wanna think about it so I just massively stocked.

Dollar store is good for things like plastic baggies, granola bars, tin foil etc.

I also signed up for diapers on subscribe and save from amazon. (pampers swaddlers)  If you’re on a family plan they offer a 20% discount on diapers and wipes!

@runsomewhere   sorry youre feeling huge.  I definitely can relate.  I havnt had my picture or any pictures taken since like 12 weeks pregnant- my coworkers threw me a shower Friday and took a bunch of pics and I legit wanted to barf.  My hair looked horrific and my arms and face looked like a swollen balloon.  Like do I look like that in the mirror and just not notice?! Now im freaking out about how ill look in baby shower pictures

• so i was being super productive at work....got to these new job level assessments they want us to do and now I'm super mama bear ragey for my staff.  They redesigned it and because of the new weighting you basically can't get over a 3 out of 10 if you are not PMP or Prince 2 certified. f'n bs.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use Amazon allllllll the time but haven't done the subscribe and save thing. I just wish I could use Paypal or something other than a credit card.

I have been getting the nursery done but haven't figured out what I wany to do for wall decorations, etc. The whole decorating thing was so much easier last time. This pregnancy my energy levels are in the tank 
  • @babygagnon2018 I'm like that with pictures too, it makes me sad but I look so awful. All the pictures I've been taking recently are just of my daughter and my hubby. I don't want to regret not capturing this pregnancy in pictures but I feel like a puffy blimp. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @rachelsogo oh my goodness yes! I actually tried to shave and it was such a disaster particularly the lady area this stomach is like a huge blinder haha 

Anyone else getting the painful rib jabs? They about take my breath away! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @foxbaby2016 @babygagnon2018 subscribe and save is amazing!! Soooo much cheaper for diapers! I need to do a Costco run this week for freezer meal supplies though...

run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @wildtot - we're having the same Memorial Day weekend plans!  Potty training here too - I just finished reading the "Oh Crap" book and we're starting on Saturday.  So we will be in all weekend and I hope I have enough activities to keep her busy!  Good luck to ya'll!
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @MichelleAG05 good luck to you too! I’m super grateful for the nice weather we are suppose to have. I’m such a clean freak with anything poop and pee accidents that i hope i can make it through. 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 not that I can see them often, but when I get a glance of my legs it's so horrifying. Maybe I can get DH to shave them for me...I can't imagine that going well.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Nair for the win! slather on by feel up to knee or thigh, do hair and makeup while waiting for it to work, sit on the side of the tub and power hose off.

@SmashJam I don't know what's up with DD lately but her sleep has been all over the place too.  Monday she woke up screaming at 6 am then slept in our bed until 9:20.  Last night she woke up at 4 something, had to pick her binky up off the floor and tell her to go back to bed, then she was up yelling MOMMY DADDY again before alarms went off at 730.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah the sleep victory was short lived, I turned off the sound machine and opened doors and he was up, had an accident, and everything was an absolute TRAGEDY. There was a lot of crying and cuddling. He's kind of low key now, still tired I'm guessing!  We are off to a farm program for a little bit then it is supposed to rain so we'll just be low key and inside all day! @gingerbride26 hopefully the sleep issues resolve themselves!

@acunamatada I am gonna have to do it here soon as well, all the splash pads and swimming areas are opening this weekend and I *might* end up having to put a swimsuit on. 
  • wildtotwildtot member
    Ugh the pregnancy emotions are hitting hard. I just want to cry for no reason at work. Not the best way to start the day.