July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 5/21-5/25

Re: Weekday Randoms 5/21-5/25

• Options
    @wildtot I hated honest night diapers as well! Also, I forgot about time zones, haha. Poor you!

The plumbers are here to hook up our fridge ice and water, which is amazing...they live across the street and my phone is all jacked so they walked over to ask if they could come today. I love small towns. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @foxbaby2016 yeah DS is 25 months. I still qualified for a new pump. The insurance nurse lady made it sound like if it was less than 2 years i wouldn’t qualify. Check with them for sure or maybe try seeing if you qualify through those companies that do all the insurance stuff for you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @d_marie_23 that’s awesome! I’m sure it’s super scary to send your little one off to surgery and having them manage so well is like the best little miracle ever! I’m not sure what his surgery is for (even though you said it) but I hope he has the optimal outcome! 

@wildtot ugh I’m sorry!! I feel like I could sleep for forever. Waking up at night is the worst. Preparation for newborns? I’d rather just be surprised when I don’t get to sleep anymore lol. 

I’m feeling like a super mom boss today. Nesting is hitting me hard. I’m not doing anything special for the nursery since LO will be sharing a room with DS. But I got the changing table moved into their room and got it cleaned up. I’ve been stressing since I can’t find a changing pad that would fit in the space on the changing table. The “box” is just a hair too small for anything I’ve found. Well, today, while I was putting new knobs on the drawers I was able to tear apart the box on top and take off the front part so it can accommodate a change pad better. (It’s a hair under 15” from front to back and pretty much all change pads are at least 16”). And I tightened all the cams so it is nice and tight! Boom. Nesting win. 
  • Options
    @foxbaby2016 it could vary by insurance companies but I have gotten a new pump with my last 4 pregnancies (well, I just placed the order yesterday for the most recent one).  I have had United Healthcare or BCBS.  But I think all of those pregnancies were under 2 years apart.  If you are calling your insurance company to get answers I would avoid that.  I've found that no one knows what they are talking about and you get a different answer everytime you call.  I would go through a third party company to handle all that for you to see if you qualify for one and for which breast pumps.  I use Byram Healthcare and it's super easy.  I've also heard good things about Aeroflow.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's great news @carsonraynee!! Be sure to still take it easy. I was on bed rest when pregnant with DD starting at 35 weeks due to likely early pre-e (LOTS of swelling and mildly elevated BP) and didn't adhere to strick instructions at home every day. So some days were good for BP and swelling, others not as much. I was induced at 37.5 and she came out healthy though :)
  • Options
    Great news @carsonraynee!!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Very happy to hear that, @carsonraynee!
  • Options
    Awesome news @carsonraynee!  Keep a close eye on your BP and any headaches or vision changes.  With my last pregnancy my labs (blood and urine were completely normal) but I was induced at 37w4d for pre-e because my BP was sky high and had a terrible headache that wouldn't go away with tylenol (I had the worst headache during L&D) and visual disturbances.  And then it didn't go away after delivery and I had to be readmitted for 24 hours of magnesium and was on BP meds for 12 weeks post-partum.  To me, symptoms are more important than your labs so just keep an eye on it!
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Great news @carsonraynee!  

Just got a phone call from my doctor that they want me to come in early today because one of the doctors is out, so they're fitting everyone in with the other doctors.  Plus, I'm doing my first NST and ultrasound today!  I'm on a conference call at the moment but will head over as soon as it's over.  Exciting!   

I've always heard bad things about Honest night diapers.  We've always used Pampers Baby Dry (one size up) at night and they work great.  Of course, I've heard boys are heavier night peers and I have a girl.  @wildtot - do you plan to nighttime potty train this weekend too?  DD is still in a crib, so I don't plan to do that yet but I recall that your son is in a toddler bed.  

Here's my daycare potty training rant for the day (which is totally my fault so I shouldn't rant):  I told her teachers that we were having boot camp this weekend.  Not sure how they took that, but this week they keep taking her out of her diaper during the day and then she has an accident. I finally remembered to say something this morning and asked them to let her sit on the potty, but to keep her in a diaper today and tomorrow.  And her primary teacher is supposed to call me today to talk about the plan for next week (I need to make sure they will let her go commando).
  • Options
    @carsonraynee Yay great news!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @carsonraynee yay that’s great!!

@MichelleAG05 yep we are also doing potty boot camp this weekend and he’s in a toddler bed. Honestly I’m just concerned about messing up his sleep and I don’t know if i have the energy night training right now lol I’m also think to try directly to the toilet with those adapters over a potty so that it’s easier with the sitter. 
  • Options
    I'm so ready to stop working and enjoy the long weekend. But I have so much to do...so trying my best to get ahead and maybe leave early tomorrow afternoon...
  • Options
    emsnedemsned member
    @carsonraynee That’s awesome! I’m so happy you got the best case scenario! Take care of yourself and good luck with your induction!!! 
  • Options
    Thank you guys @wildtot @hillbillywife Definitely nerve wracking, but he's home from surgery now (eye surgery on both eyes) and so far it seems to have been effective,  so all worth it in the end. 

@carsonraynee Yay! So glad for your good news! Have a blast at your shower! 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    stlmegsstlmegs member
    @carsonraynee that is wonderful news!!  Glad to hear it.  :)

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @carsonraynee so glad it was good news.
    @zande2016 that was me about the pump - ok you convinced me, I'll try the Spectra this time.

I am very proud of myself - I survived solo grocery shopping for a party run this morning - my hips and back hurt and pressure is up a notch, but I survived!!  Already know I forgot a bunch of stuff... DH can go for the next round, I still need to bake a cake, cupcakes, prep chicken/peppers, wrap 1000 presents, and make a $ store and party city run in the next 2 days.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    **Possible TW (also put TW in post before and after)**

Well, ironically after yesterday's post, I was the one holding up the appt times at the MFM today. I've been having regular contractions (stopped timing bc it would literally be the entire day). I had my second NST for the week which showed those contractions. But one particularly bad one lasted 4.5 minutes and resulted in a decel to 70 bpm for LO. They don't monitor from outside the room so I yelled for help since *******TW******* I literally felt like I was watching my child die and could do nothing. ******End TW****** They turned me to my left side and his HR recovered. I stayed on for another 30 minutes or so and continued to have contractions but his HR rebounded fine for those. Internal exam showed my cervix is closed and thick but they did discover I have Bacterial Vaginosis which turns out can cause preterm contractions and labor! So antibiotic has been called in and i go back for another NST tomorrow (3rd for the week).

At this point, I just want this kid born. I feel so much stress not knowing how he's doing. I would almost prefer to be dilated and effaced with regular contractions so at least that means labor. This feels like limbo where I just have to hope he looks fine tomorrow :disappointed:
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert how scary!  I'm glad they figured out the infection and hopefully once that is under control things calm down for you.  
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I'm sorry that you had to go through that. It's great that you're being closely monitored so if something does come up they will know right away. I don't think they would have let you leave if it was at all risky to the baby. Best wishes for tomorrow. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert that is so scary! Did they think it was the extra long contraction that caused the decel? It sounds like they identified a possible cause for the contractions so hopefully it all quiets down soon. Keep us updated!
  • Options
    That’s so scary @TalesOfASocialIntrovert! I know what you mean about wanting them out...it’s so scary to not know what’s going on in there. Hugs!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I'm sorry that sounds terrifying, so glad HR bounced right back up.  Do they have to do a specific test for BV or is that part of the general swab thing?  It was something I was wondering about with my symptoms of the last month but when they've swabbed they just say "normal".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @zande2016 They compared the long contractions to staying under water too long, it just stresses the body more than it can handle. They also said laying to my right side could cause some cord compression (though not as likely since AF levels looked fine on US just prior). So yeah, basically just a crappy, long contraction is all they have to go on for today. I had a million concerns but couldn't articulate them into any specific questions. I plan to ask about steroids and an earlier induction tomorrow (though steroids get tricky being diabetic).
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 During the internal exam, the MFM noted some discharge (which I hadn't noticed). He looked at it under the microscope and confirmed BV. Reading online, its seen in as many as 30% of pregnant women but isn't screened for unless they are symptomatic. So I'm glad he checked my cervix today bc otherwise it may have never been identified! But I would also think if any swab is collected and examined under the microscope, they would see an overgrowth of bacteria.
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert that’s so scary! I’m glad LO is looking ok! FX for an uneventful NST tomorrow! 

@gingerbride26 congrats on your successful shopping trip! 

@zombiehoohaa I’m sorry your H made you upset. I def think my DH needs tears to get the picture sometimes. I think part of it is that I talk so much that he only halfway listens to me until I’m upset about something. Eye roll!
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert omg how scary! I’m so sorry you experienced that! Glad things normalized and you caught the infection.
    @zombiehoohaa DH does the same and will just throw clothes in there without balancing it! Like dude I’m running to the washer because it’s about to explode from being overloaded and unbalanced! They he says “see this is why i don’t help, it’s never the right way”. Ugh no you just don’t listen or put half the effort I’m asking for! 
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert so scary!! So sorry you had to go through that but so glad everything is okay.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert how scary indeed! I agree that at this point things can get stressful not knowing what is happening in there and I'm just ready to meet this baby already. Fx all goes well with the nst.

@gingerbride26 yay for successful shopping!
    @zombiehoohaa one of the things I hate is when I say to DH I will do something and he doesn't listen and starts doing it abyway. Like, WHY?!

I on the other hand wasn disappointed with Target yesterday. As I mentioned I had roughly $100 to shop with and I was really excited to get some stuff off my registry in store for once...well,the store had NOTHING! like the stock was so random. A lot of things on my registry said online only. I ended up buying a few items, all useful, like diaper pail bags, a small pack on newborn diapers (because I only have received size 1 or 2), breast pads and laundry detergent. Nothing too exciting, but at least it's all stuff we needed.

I also exchanged some onesies in 6-9 months and got 12 months. I know people don't think too much about it but 6 months puts me in winter, so short sleeves are not as useful -i guess I'll use some but I already have a ton.
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 I'm not sure why but your post made me snort...I'm not sure if it was the "read the dad part of the book" or the bagpipes but thank you for the random laugh
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert so so scary, sorry you had to experience that and so glad they caught the infection

@MichelleAG05 there's a guy in my town who plays bagpipes on his front porch all summer long, he lives on the other side of town so we don't hear them from our house but it's neat to drive by. I'd be pissed if I was his neighbor lol
  • Options
    @MichelleAG05 along somewhat similar lines, I take a walk after lunch every day at work, and there is the guy who is always practicing his steel drumming in this random little alcove behind my building. I always giggle to myself about how very random it is. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @MichelleAG05 that’s pretty specific for pregnancy lol but I am leaning on waiting on nights for now. At least it’s fewer diapers anyways. 
    Last friday there were two guys (on separate corners) playing the violin and bagpipes in a very Irish tone. Super random but that’s downtown for you.
  • Options
    Current situation. Who are all these assholes and why are they effing with my evening commute? Thank god I’m working from home tomorrow, this holiday traffic bs is out of control. Haven’t moved in 5 mins....

• Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert how scary!! So glad they caught the infection, fx for an uneventful NST! 

@zombiehoohaa as much as I would love for DH ago help with the laundry I KNOW he would mess it up and that’s one of the few chores I’ll never ask him to help me with. 

@wildtot gotta love the “I never do it right so why bother” little bitch baby comments- do it the right way! If you don’t know how, ask! 

I got into a huge fight with DH this morning about how lazy he’s been taking care of DS. He said he’d get up with him this morning- great, right? Well in the hour he had him, he left him alone long enough to open up a bag of flour (SECOND TIME THIS WEEK) and empty HALF of the bag ALL OVER THE PANTRY. AND THEN HE WOKE ME UP AND THEN HE WENT BACK TO BED. Says he didn’t notice... Said he’d pick it up... While still half asleep. I spent an hour and a half cleaning the mess up. It got everywhere. I’m still mad about it, seriously wondering how this man could ever handle two kids at once. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada two bags of flour in a week! oh man i would be so sad, about the mess and the money! And flour is the WORST to clean up. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @acunamatada you have a lot of flour lol but ugh sorry about the mess and unhelpful husband.