July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 5/21-5/25

12346»

Re: Weekday Randoms 5/21-5/25

• edited May 2018
    @kissableviv congrats on head down! My LO is finally head down too! We didn't get a good look at his face this last time due to his position but I'm so happy about him being head down that I don't mind not having pictures 
    Edit:spelling 
  • @kissableviv yay for being head down! I was grateful that my LO is head down too! Stay put babies!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kissableviv yay!

@wildtot hugs pretty lady! I have a man child here too. I asked if he could come up and help with bedtime once he finished the game of chess he was playing and I got yelled at to Shut Up because I was interupting... Ugh
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• wildtotwildtot member
    DS is covering his face with his pillow and I’m trying not to freak. It’s also night 1 of pull ups. 
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert it’s good they’re monitoring you so closely and staying on top of it. I hope you get to come home Sunday! 
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I'm glad you're getting monitoring but hoping you don't have to stay on Sunday! @wildtot hope your potty training goes well this weekend. I just had to put mine BACK in pull ups for the night after a solid few weeks of not needing them. 
  • I only got 6 hours of sleep last night and I have a headache and I’m exhausted but I’m really excited for sesame place today! I hope he’s not terrified of the characters. Also he usually goes to bed at 7 but there’s fireworks at 9. I wonder if it would be a total disaster to keep him up for it? And I was terrified of fireworks when I was little so there’s that. Guess we’ll see how the day goes. 
  • @zande2016 have so much fun! I think staying up late every once in a while is ok! But maybe not if it’s been a really exhausting day. Play it by ear!
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @zande2016 sounds super fun! could you maybe try an extra afternoon nap to make up for the late night? 
  • @zande2016 Hope you have a great time!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Hahaha we lasted like 2 hours at the park before he was having a meltdown so we left to check into the hotel and give him a nap. He suddenly was bouncing off the walls as soon as we got into the room, and refused to nap. He was jumping all over the bed giggling and to tickling himself. Finally I said F it, let’s go back, clearly napping isn’t happening. On the walk from the car into the park he passed out in the stroller and is now fast asleep. My husband is off riding the roller coaster by himself while I sit here trying not to melt. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow. 
  • @zande2016 I'm sorry it wasn't what you pictured, and I hope tomorrow goes better! 
  • @zande2016 fx tomorrow is better! It’s like they know when we NEED them to nap and they do everything in their power to mess with plans. 
  • @zande2016 lol typical toddler moves, hope you're still enjoying the trip.

My dropped my daughter off with my parents earlier today. Then we went out to lunch and shopping, got some art work for the baby's room, we might also paint an accent wall. Hubby is at Home Depot now and I'm on the couch bumping.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @kissableviv and @SmashJam.... yea was Sat at 1pm - I usually do 2 pm and realize now that extra hour is CLUTCH.  This was actually the lowest key party I've done - usually i'm total pinterest/martha stewart mom - but at 7 months pregnant with SPD i don't give a F.  I'll do a vent post in TW.

RE college fund: We opened a CHET (CT) account as soon as we had DD's SS #.  It doesn't have to be used for college, can be withdrawn after 18 and used for multitude of things and is deductible on our state taxes.  We put $25 a month from us and then whatever cash we get from family for Christmas and birthdays into it - think she's already up to like $4-5K in 2 years.  We'll apply for as many scholarships as we can find/qualify for and layout an analysis of costs for all schools she gets into along with specific scholarships and make it clear what the expected payback would be for any loans on her and discuss education expectations for the career she is moving towards.  This is what my parents did with me and I feel I was way more prepared than most of my peers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker