July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 5/21-5/25

Re: Weekday Randoms 5/21-5/25

• Options
    lately my OB office has run over 30-60+ min late the last 3x.  Usually I have my work phone and am fine to just answer work email while I wait, but one time i just couldn't wait so I just rescheduled.  Yea it's a pain in the butt to drive back out, but shit happens and no matter what it's not the receptionist's fault.  I hate when people forget that the person they are flipping out on is most likely not the one responsible. 
    @wildtot thanks for the reminder....i still need to get that script.  Last time they wouldn't ship it until baby was actually born but still good to have the paperwork in in advance.  Should also work on the FMLA paperwork I guess...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @wildtot What pump did you order? I had the Medela PISA last time. I haven't decided if I'll pursue getting another this time (I only used mine July thru Sept of last year and I'm not sure if insurance will cover one again so soon - I need to call) but was considering the Spectra S1 or S2 if insurance covers it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wildtot I just remembered to order mine today!  My insurance won't process the claim until 30 days prior to my due date so I won't get it for another month.  But exciting to be so close to needing the breast pump!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I also have the PISA from last pregnancy - I'm sticking with the same pump family though so I don't have to re-buy accessories or stock double.  I'm going to get the 2nd through insurance so I can leave one at my office and one at home and just carry the milk cooler and parts to wash back and forth.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered mine in February once I found out it was free and I could order it anytime! So that's done and done!
  • Options
    @wildtot my insurance used to cover a double electric breast pump in full, which I got for DS. Last summer I gave it away along with all my other baby stuff. Now, insurance is only covering a single electric pump. Wtf. Or I can get $ towards a double but I liked it better when it was "free" for me.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Random, yesterday I spent $50 on a BabyBjorn bouncer. I feel so dumb spoiling this child with all this stuff. But I found it on Craigslist and it was from this mom of three - I checked it out and it was pretty much brand new. It folds flat so at least it doesn't take up space, but still... *Facepalm*!
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    edited May 2018
    @kissableviv My sister gave me her BabyBjorn bouncer that she still had from when my niece was an infant. She didn't have it for my nephew and wished she did. Apparently it was amazing. I'm hoping it is a good item for me too and hopefully for you. It may be worth it, you never know what the baby will like.
  • Options
    @nimmle true! We have a rock and play, a Snugabear swing, a boppy lounging pillow, and the BBjorn. Please baby like at least one of them! I heard good things from most people who had it, so I'm glad I got a nice clean one for a third of the price, and you got one too!
  • Options
    @wildtot how exciting!

With my last pregnancy I called my insurance company and they made it sound like they didn't cover it so I just bought one on amazon. This time I clicked on of those "get your free breast pump" links, filled everything out and got an email saying that according to my health plan policy I am eligible but that they can't process my order till June 13. So, I guess I'm getting my breast pump?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert i got the Spectra S2 this time. I got the medela last time but i hear this one is better. I had to wait until 28 wks to order with a prescription. 
  • Options
    So I probably have preeclampsia, I find out for sure tomorrow morning. If I do I'll have to be hospitalized and miss my baby shower 
  • Options
    @zande2016 thanks I hope so too. At the very least I hope they let me manage it at home
  • Options
    @carsonraynee I had a lot of scares last pregnancy but was never diagnosed, and they said if I were diagnosed but levels weren’t too bad I’d be able to stay home on bed rest with lots of monitoring and check ups and checking my blood pressure at home. It’s at least better than being in the hospital.
  • Options
    @carsonraynee oh no! I hope you don't have to be admitted for a long time! 

Re: pumps I am so hoping my insurance will cover whichever spectra has the batteries, but will go spectra either way because of the whole closed system thing. I still have my Medela PISA but its 3 years old at this point.
  • Options
    @zande2016 that's reassuring to hear! At least the silver lining is that LO is finally turned head down so if I do have to have him sooner than planned at least I have a chance at a vaginal birth!
  • Options
    @carsonraynee oh no!! Did you have any symptoms? I hope you’re able to manage it at home and don’t have to miss your shower! Good luck! 
  • Options
    Good luck @carsonraynee! I hope you can manage it ok!
  • Options
    Hoping for good news @carsonraynee
  • Options
    Oh man @carsonraynee I hope you don’t! I’ll keep my fx for good news or at least manageable news 
  • Options
    @carsonraynee oh no! I hope you get good news tomorrow and you don't have it.

Regarding breast pumps, I'm actually really excited and hopeful to be a better pumper this time. I picked the Spectra S2 Hospital Strength Pump, with DD I used the Medela Pump in Style.

Question, what's the best way to clean the little pump tubes? Last time I'd rinse them and put them in the dishwasher but I feel like they never really dried inside.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I don’t think you have to with the spectra since it’s a closed system. At least I never did. 
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I never cleaned the tubes after the first time, but I swished them in circles to dry them. They aren't supposed to get fluid in them during normal use so I didn't see the need to wash them regularly. I only washed the pump parts that came in contact with milk at the end of the day.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 I used it during my labor with DS- was my only option at that point! It made me kind of out of it but it did help a little with the pain and not focusing so much on it. And it wears off super quick, like you had to breathe it through every contraction if you want/need any relief. I thought it was funny that they made me sign a paper basically saying I wouldn’t share it with anyone else in the room. 

@runsomewhere I also never cleaned the tubes. I had the PIS, I bought new valves and tubes probably 6ish mo into pumping and figured that was good enough. They’re not supposed to get wet inside, and any condensation that did accumulate usually dried really quickly. 
  • Options
    @carsonraynee Oh no! I hope everything turns out okay and that it's just a false alarm, or at least very manageable!

@zande2016 That is super helpful. I have the Medela from last time so I wasn't going to order one, but if my insurance covers it I think I'll give the Spectra a shot! I mean, we pay so much into insurance, might as well get the pump. I can always pass along one, right ;) 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @carsonraynee hopefully you get good news! 
  • Options
    @acunamatada did you get to walk around with it? My hospital also offers it and I forgot to ask if I could still be up and moving.
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I have the Spectra s2 too but it's been packed in the box for 3 months lol
  • Options
    @SmashJam I don’t know actually, by the time I got it it was time to push. I probably wouldn’t because it made me dizzy, but it wears off so quickly I don’t see why you couldn’t get up in between uses. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam I ended up with a lavendar for nursery and a light coralish pink for dd's new room. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @carsonraynee fingers crossed for good news for you tomorrow! Keep us updated I'll be thinking of you! 

For anyone who hasn't ordered their pump yet I went through Aeroflow this time and it was crazy easy! They took all my insurance info, contacted them and my dr and all I had to do was pick the pump I wanted that was covered by my insurance. I got my Spectra last week.

Also they moved up a deadline at work which is crazy annoying so now I have a crap ton of aorj to do this weekend but good news is I will have a super easy last three weeks at work once all this crap is done and we are in the new system. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks guys good to know! I feel silly for washing those after each use last time, it was a pain!

@kissableviv pump twins lol!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    Currently awake because DS seems to be getting nightly cough attacks and now i can’t go back to sleep. To top it off the cat always seems to think it’s a good idea to clean herself in the same room every single time I’m trying to sleep. Geez can she be any louder?! Get out kitty! 
  • Options
    I could not sleep last night! Ugh. I don't know what it was because I was tired, but I just couldn't get comfortable, I was too hot (its not that hot and I was in practically no clothes) and my mind just wouldn't quit! 

@wildtot I'm sorry you were awake so early! 4:50 is so brutal! 
  • Options
    emsnedemsned member
    @carsonraynee I hope you get good or manageable news today! Hopefully you’ll get to stay home and still have your shower! Otherwise, maybe the shower can come to you? 

@wildtot I’m sorry you were awake so early! I have been laying in bed for almost an hour just listening to DD roll around and play in her bed because she hasn’t cried or gotten up yet and I’m enjoying the rest too much. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @SmashJam i wouldn’t mind so much if it was 4:50, but it was actually 2:50 (yay time zones!)
    @d_marie_23 what champ! Hope all goes well!

DS has woken up in his pee twice in a roll now. Now i remember why i never bought Honest night diapers. We had way fewer leaks with the cheap target brand. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I was told that I wouldn't be eligible for a new pump because it hasn't been 3 years since I ordered the first one. If I am remembering correctly, you have a DS around the same age as my DS (2 years, 2 months). Was that the case for you? I'm wondering if I should call and double check before I buy all new tubing, membranes, etc. for my old pump.