May 2017 Moms

**Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12**

12346»

Re: **Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12**

• I don't want to completely divert this thread to older kids, but do any of you have advice on good books that address toddler biting? DS started biting at daycare about 4 month  ago and it's  just escalated. It's really causing a problem at daycare and I'm at a loss on how to handle it, especially because it's extremely rare for him to do it at home. It's only retaliation to another physical issue a small part of the time, and seems to be mostly a sharing issue. I try taking toys  away at home and not giving in when he wants something but I don't get the same reaction. I really am getting worried he's going to get kicked out of daycare soon. 

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • @ChristinaWild I know it's a normal thing, and should be short lived (I hope!). Usually because the child doesn't have the words to express feelings. We didn't have that exact issue, but we read "teeth are not for biting" and a bunch of the companion books (hands are not for hitting, feet are not for kicking, etc). Regardless, they are good messages for kids. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Random question. For those that have baby in their bedroom what do you do when you (the parents) go to bed? As in does the light wake baby up? Do you keep doors shut for light and noise? Just wondering how it all works. Also in the mornings we have dark curtains but leave our bedroom door open which sun shines by it in the morning. Do you keep the door closed? 
  • @kat81 my induction with my first was a 32 hour event. You must have a very cooperate uterus! Sorry your mom is being BSC, you would think if anyone would understand it would be your own mom.

May '17 labor memes
  • @kat81, I was induced with my son at 37 weeks and it was 9 hours start to finish with 3 ridiculous hours of pushing. With my daughter, I was induced at 36 weeks and it was 16 hours with 20ish minutes of pushing. So I guess it varies from person to person, but it sounds like hers was pretty similar to my second.

Sorry your mom is acting crazy...it's as if SHE is the one with a massive and overdue baby pounded her from the inside...ugh.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    SWE2 said:
    Random question. For those that have baby in their bedroom what do you do when you (the parents) go to bed? As in does the light wake baby up? Do you keep doors shut for light and noise? Just wondering how it all works. Also in the mornings we have dark curtains but leave our bedroom door open which sun shines by it in the morning. Do you keep the door closed? 
    We keep the bathroom light on with the door slightly cracked so that it's easy for me to wake up to feed him without turning bigger lights on. This might change when baby is older, but we've been putting him to bed in all sorts of conditions - loud noises and lights on included - because we want him to sleep through anything. We haven't had a need so far to make bedtime into a special event. This will probably change when he gets older, though.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• I've been going to bed when he does so far because I'm tired. But with DD we pulled the door shut and tried to have all our stuff ready to go for bed even if we weren't going right then.  Then when we went to bed we didn't need to turn any lights on or anything, just go in and climb into bed. In the AM we have black out curtains so it's not bright in there. The sun comes in a little bit through the bedroom door but not enough to wake him up, at least so far.  DH also makes sure he has all of his work stuff set out in the bathroom so he doesn't have to dig around for stuff in the morning. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • @chailife34 good luck! I hope you get the job. 
    Andplusalso your little corn eater is adorable. 
  • @chailife34 FX for you! Too bad they oils the give you a little more time. You LO is so cute with the corn! Looks like someone will get cut if they try to take it away :lol:
  • Fx @chailife34! I'm sure you did great! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @SWE2 we have one of those salt crystal lamps in our room for the time baby is in there. We keep it on low so we can see in the dark MOTN feedings without having to turn the lights on.  But generally you can watch tv, get into pajamas, etc. without disturbing bub too much. 
  • i just bought some pineapple - tried the sex a couple of nights ago. I am ready for this baby to come out! Keeping my fingers crossed.  :D
  • Does pineapple juice work
  • I don't know that pineapple in general really does much... but I love it so I'll gladly eat large quantities of it. 
  • @hp_momma I was gonna say the same thing. The June board in general has slowed down a ton since they moved to Facebook. Lame! 
  • I remember in one of my birthing classes with DD the nurse was saying that there is something in pineapple, but the amount you would have to eat to make it actually start your labor is basically impossible. I could be remembering wrong though.

I will be going to buy pineapple tonight or tomorrow regardless.
  • I was just doing some google research about pineapples and inducing labor. From what I've read, you'd have to eat 7 whole pineapples to have an effect...but reading so much about pineapple made me really crave pineapple juice, so I'll probably end up with some anyways. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Random story. One of my first graders asked me this morning, "So when you coming back? When your baby grows legs?"
    Hahaha I love kids! 
  • @rkstro2 same for me! I was eating healthy and loved yogurt and pineapple. Must have also been that and not the Shot, pills or timed IUI. 
  • @chailife34 Good luck!
    @mcvgal and @rkstro2 I, too, ate a ton of pineapple to help with IUI implantation. I totally thought it'd have merit because we were so lucky the IUI worked. But, alas, I ate THREE pineapples in three days last weekend, and nada for this baby/labor coming. I'm still eating pineapple. For those wondering, there is bromelain in pineapple that helps soften the cervix. It's in all of the pineapple, so yes juice counts, but only fresh pineapple, so sorry, canned and as a flavoring probably doesn't contain bromelain, or at least not enough to be effective. So says my research, but what do we know.