May 2017 Moms
Options

**Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12**

Re: **Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12**

• Options
    Random: I got some pretty bras to wear for labor, but I go to thinking...is that weird to wear under my gown?
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm so sorry you had such a rough morning. Big, creepy, Internet hugs to you and all the doughnuts! You're doing such a great job.

@thistlenweeds yay! Good luck today!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Random: I got some pretty bras to wear for labor, but I go to thinking...is that weird to wear under my gown?
    No its not weird, whatever makes you feel good! Last time I made sure I had a cute sports bra for labor but they had me remove my bra when I got to the hospital last time I believe... or right before I started pushing... cant remember.
  • Options
    I don't think that's weird. I plan on wearing a bra for a while under my gown until they need it to be removed. It'll make me feel better to have a little modesty intact in the beginning, so why not pick a pretty one?
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I'm so sorry you had such a rough morning. It sounds like you're being hard on yourself. You totally did take care of your DS for a whole morning-- you're supermom for sure. You're taking on so much right now, don't forget to give yourself the major credit you completely deserve. I'm glad DH was able to help out today. I hope you had that second breakfast and you're feeling better. Just remember that you're doing awesome, and so many others would not be able to handle the situation you're in with such grace and positivity. You're doing an incredible job and it's important you keep that in mind.
  • Options
    So sorry your having a rough day @RainyDays86. I hope you enjoyed a fabulous second breakfast and your day turns around! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 sorry about your rough morning...I hope you got the second breakfast! I totally had cereal before I left for work and then had pop tarts a couple of hours later at work  :D You definitely deserved it more than me! Hope you're day has gotten better!

@thistlenweeds yay!!! hope all goes well! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    @RainyDays86 - I am so sorry you had such a hard morning. Hugs! Be gentle with yourself, you really are doing an amazing job!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @RainyDays86, I'm sorry your morning beat you up. Doing anything alone with a toddler is challenging, add in pregnancy and the cancer thing and you deserve a medal just for making it through all the steps BEFORE having a meltdown. It's important to slow down and know your limitations, but for now, pat yourself on the back for just making it through the morning. And then eat all the breakfast pastries. And take comfort in knowing that you will likely have a newfound appreciation for how damn easy babies are compared to the toddler tyrants...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @thistlenweeds, yay for baby day!! Wishing you a smooth and speedy delivery!
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I just want you to know you're story is an inspiration to me. You are so strong and calm and you deserve 3 breakfasts! You'll get better you'll be able to wrangle that toddler. Many hugs to you! 
    @thistlenweeds good luck!
  • Options
    @thistlenweeds so excited for you! FX for a speedy delivery.
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 - I'm so sorry you had such a rough morning. Don't beat yourself up, your body is still recovering. Hope you got your second breakfast and enjoyed some quite time! 

@nda_roxybabe - I wore a bra the entire I time during L&D with DS, they never made me take it off. They told me whatever I was comfortable in was fine unless I needed a C-Section. 

• Options
    @nda_roxybabe I was totally naked by the time the kid came out, I don't remember getting to that progress though. Do whatever makes you feel
    comfortable! Think about if you want immediate skin to skin and how easy the bra would be to get off in the event you're hooked up to any IVs/monitors! 

@RainyDays86 big hugs girl. You're a great mom! 
  • Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    @RainyDays86, I hope your day got better. It's really hard to be limited by your body when you just want to get things done. You're doing a great job, and I hope your recovery is fast so that you can get back to feeling like yourself very soon. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @RainyDays86 as everyone has said, I am so sorry you had such a rough parenting morning! We've all been there, especially with toddlers and their quirks. Being a mom is one difficult job, but you are an amazing one! 
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @nda_roxybabe: I wore a sports-bra-style maternity bra during my whole delivery, beneath the johnny/gown. It offered a bit of modesty and helped me avoid flashing my boobs to a dozen people, which happened last time and wasn't a big deal, but I figured all the action is south of the border so it doesn't hurt to cover myself up top. So to answer your Q, no it's not weird... but... the only part that gives me pause is the part where you said your bras are "pretty"; just be sure you're willing to part with them for good if it came to it. Don't bring them to the hospital if you'd be disappointed in them getting wrecked, soiled, or lost.
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe, I had a pretty (but cheap) bra that I wore to the hospital, but they had me take it off basically immediately. It's clearly a hospital to hospital thing. I do suggest only bringing one that you aren't too attached to! 
  • Options

I'm cracking up at the Katy Perry lyrics. They're so true for pregnancy!!

@kns1988 - you know, something I didn't remember from DS, but at discharge from the hospital this weekend the nurse told us not to use lotion for a few months. Does anyone else think that's weird sounding?

@thistlenweeds - good luck!!!!

@rainydays86 - sorry you had such a bad morning. Hopefully things turned around!!

@nda_roxybabe - I had to take mine off immediately. I did buy a pretty hospital gown on etsy, though, and then snaps on it made it a lot easier to retain a little bit of modesty than the hospital provided ones. It also made skin to skin really easy because I could kind of snap her in, and not worry about the cheap ties coming undone and accidentally flashing someone!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    L1C4galL1C4gal member
    @RainyDays86 I'm so sorry you had a rough morning. You really are amazing and badass for handling everything you've been dealt--be easy on yourself! I hope your day picked up :)
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited May 2017
    Ahh, I'll see if they let me keep it on. I am never comfortable without one on, so hoping. They are "pretty", but they were inexpensive and I bought for this purpose so a-okay if they get ruined or even had to be cut off/
    I am so uncomfortable without a bra that I fought to wear one during my csection with DD. They didn't want me to because it had metal on it (just the clasps). I had an awesome nurse who put tape around it, told me the risks, and advocated for me. I got to wear it! This time I got a sports style one that I plan on wearing the whole time. I made sure it doesn't have any metal and I'll fight to keep it on again. There's are very few reasons to have it off if you want it on. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @RainyDays86 sorry for th rough day! 

@thistlenweeds FX for a smooth delivery!!

@nda_roxybabe I was told to remove everything but the gown when I was admitted. This was true for DD that was vaginal and DS that was a C-section. I'm sure it differs at each hospital. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @RainyDays86 Sorry your day was so rough. You are one of the toughest chicks I have ever (sorta) met. 

@nda_roxybabe I really had no modesty during delivery this time around. I labored in the hospital gown and wanted immediate skin to skin with my baby. So as soon as I knew he was almost out, I ripped the snaps of the hospital gown down on both sides so I was topless and they put him right on my chest. After delivery, I wanted to put on a nursing bra since my parents were coming to visit, but it wasn't functionally possible due to the IV in my hand and the connection to the post-labor pitocin bags. I imagine getting a bra off during labor would have the same issue. You'd have to cut it off to get it past your iv tubes. 

I know we discussed this, but I can't find the thread on mobile. Can anyone recommend a good nursing, diaper, etc tracking app?

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options

I had this freaking weird dream last night and I keep remembering it.

Basically, I had a "rash" on my low back that consisted of even rows of spots that were either like a nipple(no areola) or what essentially was like the pop up timer on a turkey. So freaking gross and weird!

I imagine partly inspired by the weird plant stuff in Guardians of the Galaxy, that fact that I feel like a popped turkey timer, and my damn heat rash annoying me. 

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot I use Baby Tracker and it does the job without being too clunky or ugly. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    edited May 2017
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot: I downloaded Glow Baby two days ago and have been using it for feedings and diapers. There's other items you can track (growth measurements, medicine, sleep hours) and so far it seems pretty straightforward.

ETA: I like that when I open the app, it immediately shows "last time was on the Right" b/c I need to know right away!
  • Options
    mdlorenz said:
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot I use Baby Tracker and it does the job without being too clunky or ugly. 
    I just downloaded this one a couple days ago and have been playing around with it and I like it so far! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    Re: tracking apps, I'm using Babio and I'm only "meh" about it. I dont love the clunkiness of it or the way that it tracks breastfeeding. I don't hate it enough to change, but certainly wouldn't recommend it.
  • Options
    I use the MammaBaby app. It's...fine. Lol

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    clebl24clebl24 member
    edited May 2017

@kns1988 +1 for Aquaphor, but I would cut it with lotion   

@thistlenweeds hope all is well!  Looking forward to an update   

@rainydays86 - sorry you had such a rough morning. At 38 weeks plus, I'm getting help from family with my toddler.  It's hard and you have way more hurdles than the rest of us.  We all have tough days. Don't be so hard on yourself!  

@nda_roxybabe - I took my sports bra off almost immediately. I wanted skin to skin and I realized it was going to get in the way and be hard to remove between the IV and monitors and what not.  I plan to go without this time or at least wear one that will be easy to remove.    

Edit to add "off" re bra

• Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    My home BP reader has me at 142/89. That's getting up there. Would you call tonight or wait til morning? I have no swelling, eye sight is fine...

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    clebl24clebl24 member
    To have my cervix checked or not?

Last week I was 2-3 cm and 50% effaced.  I've been checked the last 2 weeks. Afterwards I'm always crampy and uncomfortable.  

I have doc appt tomorrow morning.  I also have a wake tomorrow night and funeral on Wednesday morning. It's going to be a long 2 days.  My mentor, boss, fellow law partner, and dear friend passed away unexpectedly.  I'm already emotionally and physically drained.  

Would you get checked and risk feeling bad afterwards or decline?  I'm torn.  I'm also curious if a cervix check could induce labor bc I don't want to do anything that could trigger labor before the funeral.  
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    @clebl24, I'd probably decline. I know it can trigger labor and doesn't really matter as far as how close you are. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17