May 2017 Moms
Options

**Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12**

Re: **Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12**

• Options
    @clebl24 if it were me I'd decline. You have enough on your plate in the next few days, you don't need to be extra uncomfortable on top of that. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @clebl24 I'm sorry :( I vote pass
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @thistlenweeds: Congrats! I wish you a restful night. Don't hesitate to rely on the nurses for help---they won"t mind, it"s their job. FX for sleep!
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @clebl24: unless the check is medically necessary, it's not a requirement, so I'd opt out. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you peaceful thoughts.
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    Thanks everyone for the kind wishes! We got ourselves a baby boy around 8 pm today. Details will follow! I'm super tired.
    Congrats!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Congrats @thistlenweeds !!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    mcvgalmcvgal member
    Congrats @thistlenweeds!

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    Congratulations!! @thistlenweeds
  • Options
    Congrats @thistlenweeds
    @clebl24 Id decline as well, no need to add more discomfort to the next few days 
  • Options
    Congrats, @thistlenweeds!!!

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    That made me laugh out loud, @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot! We bottle feed DS and DH keeps telling him that daddy is food, too. DS will suck on his fingers and clothes when he's hungry, but he hasn't tried to latch onto anyone but me so far. I must smell like milk. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    Congratulations @thistlenweeds!

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    Congrats, @thistlenweeds!!

@NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot, that just made me laugh out loud. These babies have a one track mind: find boob.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Congrats @thistlenweeds - can't wait to hear the story and see the squishy picture :)
  • Options
    @thistlenweeds congratulations! @clebl24 I would decline. I never experienced any cramping or issues until last weeks cervical check, and now that I had that experience I would def suggest declining if you have things you need to do in the following days. 
  • Options
    @thistlenweeds Hooray and congrats to you and your fam!!
  • Options
    Congratulations @thistlenweeds! I hope you can rest!
    @clebl24 Aside from the discomfort, cervical checks can lead to cervical changes (progression), so if you're not wanting to go into labor I wouldn't "poke the beast", as I say. Ultimately, it's up to your level of curiosity.

Random question: Does anyone use a backrest pillow? Any suggestions for good ones?

• Options
    Congratulations @thistlenweeds!
  • Options
    @eri@erinh2005 Weird! I didn't run it by my Dr., but I know if I had she would've been like "Sure, give it a go! Cant hurt!" Anyways, bout to go brew another cup. Wish I had a ball at work..
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @erinh2005 That'd upset me! I asked my midwife about it around 28 weeks and she said to wait until 36. If I hadn't asked, I wouldn't have known.
  • Options
    Dumb Q on the tea. Does the concentration matter? For instance, I've been brewing 2 bags in about 6-8oz water. Is it better to do 2 bags in a full 16 oz? Does it matter at all?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Fwiw, a bp reading of 142/70's80's is what sent me to the hospital 3 times. I also had +2 and +3 in my urine, but I think it's always worth a call..better safe than have to worry!
  • Options
    Dumb Q on the tea. Does the concentration matter? For instance, I've been brewing 2 bags in about 6-8oz water. Is it better to do 2 bags in a full 16 oz? Does it matter at all?

I think that it does matter. I know when people are closer to their due date/overdue they make stronger brews. I know someone that swears by it, she recently had a 9.5lb baby with 2 pushes and didn't tear. I've been wanting to start drinking it but I don't like the taste of tea. Is it terrible?
  • Options
    lrwardrop said:

I think that it does matter. I know when people are closer to their due date/overdue they make stronger brews. I know someone that swears by it, she recently had a 9.5lb baby with 2 pushes and didn't tear. I've been wanting to start drinking it but I don't like the taste of tea. Is it terrible?
    I really don't like tea unless its chai or sweet. However, this is manageable. I dont LOVE it, but I can drink it down with no issue.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @lrwardrop I like tea and I like RRL tea, but I do think it is super mild so you can sweeten it up with sugar/honey and I don't think it's offensive at all. @nda_roxybabe I'm sure concentration matters to some extent, but you can have several cups (I've read 4 cups is a normal dose for uterine health) so I'm sure it doesn't matter unless you're chugging a ton of strong brew.
  • Options
    Ughhhh! My Dad just got called to fly out tomorrow morning for 1-2 weeks for work. He is LIVID and sad and I'm sad because he is SO excited and we want him here.

Sigh, c'mon baby!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Bummer @nda_roxybabe. I assume there's nothing he can do about it? :(
  • Options
  • Options
    That stinks @nda_roxybabe! C'mon baby!!! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    Boo @nda_roxybabe Sorry to hear that. 
  • Options
    @pshaortao I remember the MOTN threads too!! Soon enough...

I'm downstairs on the couch in a murderous rage at my husband because he wouldn't help me out laundry away when DS was knocking it off the bed and AFTER I had just made dinner after working all day (he stays home and could not be bothered to move the laundry from the washer to the dryer).  And then he pops off and raises his voice to me that I'm asking him to do too much stuff constantly. Realllllly?!?!? Your mother in law was just here doing every chore for a week bro!!! And do not be raising your voice to me everrrrrrrrr. 

Woo wee this belonged in the b*tchfest thread. I also just realized that I'm going to be giving birth soon and all it entails and felt like I was going to pass out. Maybe I should have done a birth "refresher" course this time so I feel more ready. Sorry for the novel!!