May 2017 Moms
Options

**Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12**

Re: **Weekly Randoms 5/8-5/12**

• Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    I'm sorry your husband is being an ass, @Hansolosparka! I hope he realizes it and apologizes.

You also used the phrase "pop off" which gives me a reason to post this, so thanks for that ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUqyic9ob64
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    pshaortao said:
    I'm surprised I haven't seen any MOTN threads yet for those who have to wake up to nurse/pump throughout the night. They helped a ton!
    Is there anything in particular that people would put in MOTN threads or is it more like a chit chat? I like the idea. 

I'm on the bump all the time since being on maternity leave. I think it's a combination of wanting adult interaction and wanting to talk to other people that are temporarily consumed by all things baby.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Hansolosparka my hats off to you for only stewing at DH! I don't think I would've been so kind.
    @kns1988 what in the world did I just watch????
  • Options
    @pshaortao - I was just thinking about asking if anyone else wanted a MOTN thread! I Need something to keep me off Amazon!! 

@Hansolosparka - how you did you manage not to  smack him in a blackout preganancy rage? You're strong! Lol

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    I finally got TB to work after updating my phone. There is already too much to catch up on, so I will just go from here. 

Hope everyone is having a good week! 
  • Options
    @kns1988 mostly chitchat really, checking in and talking about whatever.  I had dd at the beginning of her birth month so it was nice to have a thread to go to while nursing during the wee hours 

• Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    @absbubbs, it was a video in response to when Obama said "folks just wanna pop off" in a speech. Haha I'm easily amused by weird stuff. 

• Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    I'm having trouble finding a research backed article about how many calories breastfeeding burns, so if anyone knows of one and wants to discount what I'm about to say, please do!

The non-research consensus on Google says that BF burns 20 calories per ounce. If that's the case, I'm burning 600+ calories a day with the amount I'm pumping. I just thought that was cool, and it explains why I'm so ravenous. The hunger is way more now than it was when I was pregnant! 

• Options
    MTB16MTB16 member
    @Hansolosparka oh hell no, how on earth did you keep from actually killing him?!? Hopefully he got his act together!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @Hansolosparka I am with PP - not sure how you kept your cool with that one, especially with pregnancy hormones. Kudos to you - I would have seriously considered throwing something at my husband. 
  • Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    @ShadeofGreen816, I can see overestimating the freedom it gives being a problem. I was snacking on chocolate and cookies all day, but I finally went out yesterday and got tons of healthy snacks. I'm back in my pre-pregnancy jeans (only one pair fits, but they're my favorite), but I do have some extra around the middle still. I'm not going to stress about it for a few months at least. 

• Options
    @kns1988 I don't know where it is now but I just read an article that said something like to produce milk each day the cells work at the same metabolic rate as walking seven miles so I thought that was pretty cool and would explain a lot! 
  • Options
    @starphish18 you should watch Magic Mike XXL...much more dancing and less drama plot craziness! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @starphish18 watch the second one. It's the movie everyone thought the first would be
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe you probably won't be able to sleep. With DD I was induced at 5am and I got maybe an hour of sleep the night before. It's too much excitement and anticipation.  I say go enjoy the lunch! 
  • Options
    @mdlorenz - I love that show so much! There are some other seasons on YouTube, once you run out of Netflix seasons :) 

@BabyMC517 - Those flip flops are seriously heaven. I wish I could wear them to work. I did just go out and buy flats for work that have memory foam soles. Part of me thought it was ridiculous, since I likely will only be at work a couple more weeks....but, if I'm going to work until this baby arrives, I needed my feet to be happier. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @kayemjay2 I've been wearing flip flops to work for maybe a month now haha I just don't care anymore and closed toed aren't required. I'm sure they'd prefer me in sandals that look a little nicer, but I dare them to say something to me! My boss is totally fine with it and says its a "reasonable accommodation". I work in our Adaptive Services Office where we assist students with disabilities with accommodations, so I think I'm good  ;) Plus none of my shoes really fit anymore and I'm not buying anymore new ones! 

• Options
    I switched to one pair of sized up sandals for work. My supervisor told me to feel free to go to flip flops if I need. I feel odd as we're definitely professional here and a lot of the women wear heels, oh well.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 and @nda_roxybabe - I'm so jealous of both of your bosses...haha. My boss probably wouldn't say anything to my face, but I don't think people would be as cool with me wearing sandals. There is another attorney in my county who is known (by judges and other attorneys) for regularly wearing flip flops into court. Definitely not what I want to be known for. In the winter, she wears sneakers with crazy socks. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @kayemjay2 Ooh yea, I wouldn't either. flip flips in court?! Eek. Mine is at least an office setting and honestly, I don't think anyone sees anything but my big belly.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Thanks all- my cool was NOT kept lol. Feeling so ragey still this morning and didn't speak to him at all
    before I left for work. My poor co workers are catching the brunt of it. 
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe another vote for go to lunch! Especially if its paid for? Either way, I'd go. 

I wish I could wear flip-flops to work! Although not really because the likelihood of getting blood/poop/other body fluid on my feet is awfully high. I'm still fighting to get my compression socks on daily. Luckily I have slip-on clog type shoes that I wear so they're not too constrictive. 

Here's today's random: I know I won't make a decision today, but just looking for some input, especially from STMs. Some good friends of ours are getting married in Jamaica in November. So we'll have a 5-6 month old at that point. I'm seriously considering us going. Am I crazy? Is a tropical vacation with a 5/6month old insane or totally doable? 
  • Options
    @kayemjay2 yeah I wouldn't wear flip flops to court either! You can't even see my feet unless I get up from my desk! When I was wearing shoes to work, I'd often take them off under my desk haha and I have a small ottoman under my desk now that I put my feet up on...no one knows...

@ShadeofGreen816 yeah, no to flip flops where you work either! Ew! 

• Options
    I've been wearing flip flops in the office (law firm) for about 3 weeks now. Only one of the partners has made a comment and all he said was "are you wearing those because your feet are swollen" I told him yes and he proceeded to tell several very long stories about how miserable his wife was when she was pregnant so I took that as his blessing for my new foot wear. 

Random question - is anyone doing gifts or treats for your L&D nurses? If so what are you bringing and when are you giving it to them, after the delivery or before? 

• Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I'd do it! SIL brought our niece to Ireland when she was only 3 months old. She had to be on it to get her passport ASAP, but it worked.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    mcvgalmcvgal member
    Speaking of passports, we just got back from applying for DS2's passport. The agent was super nice, but the process took 40 minutes. I was so ready to get out of there.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @kns1988 I know that breastmilk itself has 20calories an oz when baby is eating it. I have no clue as to whether that equals 20calories burned per ounce for mom. 
  • Options
    @jayandaplus today was your first day back to work, right? How's it going? 

• Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 traveling with a baby can definitely be easy. What I will say is that MH and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and, as long as you are on a resort, it is nice. If you are comfortable at that point to leave baby with some family, maybe you guys can go by yourselves. It is definitely a fun trip and the rum is delicious! 
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 first of all, no judgement on the brownie batter.  I've eaten cookie dough on more than one occasion. Always worth it.  I would also definitely plan on going to the wedding and bringing baby.  DS was SO easy to travel with as a little baby!  Once they're mobile all bets are off, so take advantage of the baby stage!