Babies on the Brain

Introduce yourself here :)

edited March 2017 in Babies on the Brain
Welcome! We are happy to have you join us :) 

Ages (you and SO):
What brings you to BOTB?
When will you start TTC?
Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)

@bumpCaitlin @bumpTara @bumpAdmin Can we sticky this thread please?

Re: Introduce yourself here :)

• Ages (you and SO): AMA
    What brings you to BOTB? Waiting/Deciding on TTC #3
    When will you start TTC? If we do May/June hopefully
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I like books and I'm a working mom. 

• Loading the player...
  • Ages (you and SO): Both in our early 30s
    What brings you to BOTB? Waiting until we can start. 
    When will you start TTC? End of April. 
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I have a 1.5 year old daughter and a 5 year old corgi. I like to read (HP fan!) and watch Netflix. 
  • Ages (you and SO): I'm 24 and he's 26

What brings you to BOTB? DH isn't ready for #2 yet

When will you start TTC? Likely August or later. Apparently he doesn't even want to discuss it until August...I'd like to be trying at least by then!! Our DS will be 1.5 by then and I know we both want our kids close together in age.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) We currently have a one year old, and no pets. Around May/June we will be moving out of our apartment and into my moms house when she moves away so we can fix it up then sell it, and will be gaining 3 pets (2 cats and 1 dog). 

@tumbleweed so glad to see someone will still be here with me after May!! Lol

And I apologize to everyone now, but I'm not a huge HP fan like everyone else I seem to know. I don't dislike it, but I've only ever seen the movies and never read the books. And I can't remember the last time I actually watched one of the movies...(in my defense, I don't own them/have no cable) 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Ages (you and SO): 31 & 32
    What brings you to BOTB? Waiting to get my period back (currently weaning DD) and for timing to be good for both me and DH
    When will you start TTC? If my body lets me, hopefully May. Not going to prevent at the very least. 
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I've got a 1 yo daughter (Jan'16 baby) and 2 cats. I work part time and my husband is an artist and works from home. 
  • @JNCPro3130 So cute you have a Scottie and a westie! I had a Scottie as a child and my parents (my main babysitters) are looking to get 2 puppy Scotties soon. 
  • @JNCPro3130 Happy Birthday to your LO!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Happy Birthday @JNCPro3130 's LO!!

I don't have a HP baby Pinterest board, but I may be reading my 3yo HP at night before bed. Gotta start them young. 

• Ages (you and SO): 27 and 26
    What brings you to BOTB? H and I recently discussed our TTC plans so it's been on my mind a lot lately even though we won't be trying for another 7ish months.
    When will you start TTC? November at the earliest but it's looking more like January 2018 (I'll be here for awhile!)
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) We have a 10 month old son (born last May), 1 dog (golden retriever named Dexter), 2 cats (Charlie and Miles), a turtle, and a hamster.  I'm a bit of an animal person and if it weren't for the "pet limit" my DH set I would have a few more furry friends!  I also love to read (historical fiction, mysteries and Jane Austen are my go-tos!) and have a small Disney obsession.  Also, I agree with all those who love Harry Potter! I've lost count how many times I've read those books...especially the 3rd one, it's my favorite :smile: 

(Not sure if a TW is needed for my question...)
    Question for all of those who have 2+ children: What was the transition from 1 child to 2 children like for you?  I'm excited about the idea of having another child, but at the same time I'm really nervous about how my son will handle such a big change and how it will change the relationship we have now.   
  • @JNCPro3130  Happy birthday to your LO!  :)

• I'm in love with your cats' names @maureenmce! How cute! I also picture you as having a really exciting life.
    That's okay @CecilB93! We still love you!
    Happy giving birth day @JNCPro3130!! 
    Hi @acdc1109!! You can have my pet allotment  :D;) If you like historical fiction you should check out Conspirata by Robert Harris. It's actually the second book in a 3 part series, but it's my very, very favorite!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Ages (you and SO): I am 27. She is 29. 

What brings you to BOTB?: Baby thoughts are consuming my life, but we are waiting until the end of May to do the FET due to scheduling. 

When will you start TTC? Mid-May I will begin hormones. 

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.): I am a 5th grade teacher in a small town in East Texas. I LOVE my job. Could do what I do, where I do it forever and be perfectly content. No kiddos, except fur babies. We have 3 cows, 2 horses, and 4 dogs, plus 3 nieces and 1 soon-to-be nephew. Interests are pretty barren. Family time, crafting a little, working on our house and land, hunting...that's about it.
  • @acdc1109 - It was easy for us but I think it is because DS1 was 5 at the time and had been begging for a sibling for a while. I think it was easy for us because if the age gap.
  • @bumpCaitlin @bumpTara @bumpAdmin Can we sticky this thread please?
  • @acdc1109 - It was easy for us but I think it is because DS1 was 5 at the time and had been begging for a sibling for a while. I think it was easy for us because if the age gap.
    Talk to me about a 5 year age gap. At this point that is the difference we would have. Perks? Downfalls?

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

Talk to me about a 5 year age gap. At this point that is the difference we would have. Perks? Downfalls?
    Perks - DS 1 could do things on his own. He could play quietly on his own while I fed or did something for DS2. Grab a snack for himself (I kept a snack basket where he could grab something if I was busy.) He could help when needed and enjoyed helping. He could run and grab a diaper from the table in the other room, and other little things like that. Also, he was in kindergarten so he was in school during the day so I only had to worry about the baby during the daytime. 

Downfalls - he had been the only child for a while. Even though he had been asking for a sibling for a while sometimes it was hard to wait his turn and to now have to share my time. DH and I tried really hard to still take him and do special things with just him to allow him to still have some special time and that really helped.

• @fishee333, I love my Scottie! He follows me around and is patient with my son. He's such a sweet dog!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • That actually sounds really nice @glitzandglitter! My daughter is so self reliant these days. I know that will come in handy if we ever get to have another one! 

I can definitely see the long-time only child status being difficult. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @BumpCaitlin @BumpAdmin can we please have this post pinned?
    Thanks! We're looking at about a 2.5 year age gap and while I think it's good my kids will be close in age, I also think it will be challenging trying to explain to a 2 yr old that his world is about to be completely different!  I know we'll be fine when the time comes, but it's always useful to have another person's perspective.
  • acdc1109 said:
    @acdc1109 - It was easy for us but I think it is because DS1 was 5 at the time and had been begging for a sibling for a while. I think it was easy for us because if the age gap.
    Thanks! We're looking at about a 2.5 year age gap and while I think it's good my kids will be close in age, I also think it will be challenging trying to explain to a 2 yr old that his world is about to be completely different!  I know we'll be fine when the time comes, but it's always useful to have another person's perspective.
    My DS2 was 2 when DS3 was born the transition was easy but DS2 had never been an only child so that might be why it was so easy. I am sure it will be fine :)
  • Welcome @dreamscapes_ we're happy to have you! I'm sorry to hear of your struggles with your back right now  :( here's hoping things begin to improve!
  • Welcome @dreamscapes_! A Disney pastry chef???  <3<3<3 I'm so sorry you're going through these medical issues. Chronic pain is so difficult, physically and emotionally. I hate that you have to be here but we are glad you decided to join us. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @dreamscapes_ sorry to hear about the medical issues. But welcome to the board! :) 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @dreamscapes_ - Sorry to hear about your medical troubles, I hope they get resolved quickly. Welcome to the board!
  • Welcome, @dreamscapes_ !  Lol at "a certain mouse-run resort."  Sounds like a fun place to work!  I'm sorry about your health issues - hope they resolve soon!
  • @notthefather  Thanks!  :)  I almost wish we could use our cat names again for babies, lol.  I think Clementine and Jane are adorable names.  Alas! 
  • Ages (you and SO): 26 and 32
    What brings you to BOTB? I love planning, so why not start getting all my information about TTC and find a support group. 
    When will you start TTC? July - December of this year.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I am a full time chiropractic student. I have zero children but I have one amazing little furbaby named Harvey. Harvey and I enjoy watching House M.D. Reruns and snuggling on the couch.
  • CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited March 2017
    @dreamscapes_ sorry to hear about the medical issues. But welcome to the board! :) 

Welcome @kmorgan16!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18