Babies on the Brain
Options

Introduce yourself here :)

Re: Introduce yourself here :)

• Options
    Welcome @kmorgan16! The name Harvey always reminds me of Sabrina the Teenage Witch!!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Kmorgan16 - Welcome to BOTB :) I love House! It is one of those shows that I am always in the mood to watch reruns of.

ETA: to add gif :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter Thanks! :)
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses Thank you! Unfortunately, I'm not sure when it's going to end. I'm just so tired of it. For the last year or so, it's just been one thing after another after another.
    @notthefather Yup! Until I got my medical restrictions, I worked at a restaurant at Magic Kingdom. Chronic pain definitely sucks :( I have a couple of friends I can talk to about that stuff, but I needed someplace I could talk about the baby stuff without driving DH crazy. So, yeah, kinda grateful you guys are here :)
    @CecilB93 Thanks!
    @ChloandCoco Thank you! I hope things pick up soon. I'm tired of being stuck at home.
    @maureenmce It can be! I used to work in a position where I got to watch the parades and fireworks every day, which was awesome.

@kmorgan16 Welcome to the board!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options

Ages (you and SO):
    What brings you to BOTB?
    When will you start TTC?
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)

@bumpCaitlin @bumpTara @bumpAdmin Can we sticky this thread please?
    Ages: I'm 26 will be 27 in May. DH is 28 
    What brings me to BOTB: is that we are starting to talk about having a baby. Right now we are wanting a house first. We are going to start looking the beginning of next year. 
    When will we start TTC? Maybe December but next year for sure. 
    About us: we both work in corporate business. I'm going to school for my MBA. DH  just finished his second degree in computer science. We have a dog who is like our baby. So spoiled lol. 
  • Options
    Welcome @AshleyE0708! You guys are going to have an exciting year! House hunting is fun even if it is stressful.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    Welcome @kmorgan16

• Options
    Welcome @AshleyE0708! Good luck with house hunting! DH and I have browsed websites for areas we plan to live in, wont be buying for a few years. It's fun but can be stressful!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Welcome, @AshleyE0708! Good luck on the house hunting! From what I've heard, that can be a real pain in the butt.
  • Options
    Welcome @AshleyE0708 Good luck with the house hunting :)
  • Options
    Welcome @AshleyE0708! I love house hunting!!! I'm jealous. I'm weird. Haha!
  • Options
    Welcome everyone. It's nice to see so many other Harry Potter fans/ other self proclaimed "nerd" types. I hope we can all share cute popculture related baby/nursery decor ideas as time goes on. 

@CecilB93 I will try to check in here regularly. We don't have any plans to TTC soon. I won't be done with my undergrad until June. It's totally fine that you aren't a huge HP fan, but I do recommend you read the books. Like any book turned movie, there is a lot of info missing in the movies. No pressure, I just have to encourage more readers so I don't lose my HP fan card. Lol. (one of my little sisters has never read the HP books. Even though we made a deal that I'd read all of Twilight if she read all of HP. I held up my end of the bargain... Oh well)

@maureenmce your cats have the cutest cat names! My cat (in my avatar photo) is named Pearl. "Black Pearl" legally, when we adopted her, but we just call her Pearl.  
  • Options
    @tumbleweed I totally read the Twilight series, and was obsessed. I own most of the HP books, my dad bought them for me, so maybe I will read them. I just never have time to read anymore, and my DS isn't old enough yet to be interested. He doesn't even sit through me reading a board book that's about 5 pages long and literally just has animal noises on each page  :|
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @tumbleweed  Thanks!  :)  Pearl is adorable!  It's actually on my list of potential baby names, after I found a Pearl in our family tree on Ancestry. 
  • Options
    Welcome @mill1020! I live in an area almost entirely made of engineers and nerds! I was a social worker for CPS in my past life. Every area is different and I've been out for many years, but if you ever want to talk foster-->adopt let me know!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @mill1020- That's exciting! 
    @cecilB93 - I liked Twlight too
  • Options
    Ages (you and SO): 24 and 29
    What brings you to BOTB? DH and I aren't offically* trying yet, but I am lurking lurking and more lurking while getting exciting about this process!!
    ** We aren't trying until June I stopped taking my birth control, so there is the possibility it'll happen before June.
    When will you start TTC? June
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) We don't have any children yet, we got married a year and a half ago. We have a one year old German Shorthaired Pointer (dog), Bailey. DH and I enjoy training her to duck hunt and she goes out with him during duck season. I've recently starting started crafting more with my cricut and i'm probably spent 5+ hours reading the "postpartum preparedness board in the last week.... so i've learned a LOT already. I look forward to reading more and meeting new people and moms! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Knottie39624459 - Welcome! You are in good company here there are several of us that will be starting TTC around that time :)
    You might think about changing your user name though. Knottie with all random numbers is hard to tag and they blend in with all the other knotties. 
  • Options
    @Knottie39624459 - Welcome! You are in good company here there are several of us that will be starting TTC around that time :)
    You might think about changing your user name though. Knottie with all random numbers is hard to tag and they blend in with all the other knotties. 
    I've been looking around the settings! I'm trying to change everything - signature, picture, and username. Thank you for the welcome!

P.S. Didn't mention earlier, I'm quite the HP fan too, watching Half Blood Prince right now ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Knottie39624459 - I believe some people have had luck going over to the knot side to change it :) I love HP I could watch the movies and read the books over and over and never ge tired of them.  
  • Options
    I searched through the boards and found out how to change it, thank you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi and welcome @gspmom21! We're glad to have you here! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @gspmom21 - Welcome! 
  • Options
    Welcome, @gspmom21!
  • Options

Ages (you and SO): 29 & 31
    What brings you to BOTB? Our son is 8 months old and I'm wanting a sibling for him. DH and I are conflicted on a time line. He wants to wait longer and truthfully, I know that is what is best for us financially right now. But I still have babies on the brain!!!!!!
    When will you start TTC? Like I said, our timeline isn't really set yet. Which makes this pretty difficult.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) we have an 8 month old son. Our lives have been kind of a mess lately with losses of loved ones and health issues. It's time for things to start looking up.
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    So many new people!! Love it, welcome all!

• Options
    @ReadyForaB - Welcome! I'm sorry things have even rough for you. I hope everything turns around soon.
  • Options
    Welcome, @ReadyForaB !
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I am so excited to participate! Perhaps it's a bit silly, but I've been lurking a ton and waiting to be able to join for a while now.

Ages (you and SO): SO is turning 27 and I am shy about my age, haha!
    What brings you to BOTB? SO and I are getting married in August and we want kids really soon after. So technically we aren't really talking kids yet (the wedding and moving take up most of our discussions). But given the timelines we have discussed, I want to get a head start on accruing information/tips/etc. 
    When will you start TTC? Technically, we will be NTNP (not trying, not preventing?) from our wedding day onwards. But we want to start actively TTC around March 2018, God Willing. 
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) We have no kids yet. I have a 2 year old Persian cat whom I will leave with my parents when I move across the pond with my SO. I also have 6 freshwater fish, a few snails, and 2 shrimps. They will also be rehomed with my parents, haha. SO had a ginger tabby who died a year ago at age 15. We plan on getting a kitten in once we've settled in but that may change depending on how quickly I conceive. 

I'm a recently qualified accountant but I'm considering going back to school for a teaching qualification. FI works internal affairs at a bank and is pursuing his PhD. 

My interests are reading/writing, gardening, cooking/baking, and going on long walks/hikes. 
    Together, SO and I like to watch movies or shows, study, and play trivia/board/strategy games. 

Sorry if that got a bit too long. I tend to ramble when excited. 
  • Options
    Welcome @ReadyForaB! I'm sorry you've had to deal with so much lately. I was in your same shoes when my daughter was young. My husband was the responsible one who didn't want 2 in daycare at once. It's hard to think logically and not emotionally! I hope you find yourself out of the dilemma soon.

Hi and welcome @NiceKindaSpice: I'm glad you decided to jump in! It sounds like you have quite the year ahead of you. Hope the wedding planning is going well!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    Welcome, @NiceKindaSpice!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! :smile:
  • Options
    Thank you for all the welcomes!! ☺️
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    I'm not super active outside of private groups, but I do lurk here and participate on the TTGP board. I figured I'd do an intro so that I'm not 100% out of left field if I pop in and offer support when and where I'm able to.

I'm glad the BOTB board is getting/staying active, though. Hopefully it continues!

Ages: I'm 24, H is 28
    What brings you to BOTB? We TTGP for a few months in 2015, and planned to TTA until August of 2016 due to school-timing (I'm in nursing school). We ended up continuing TTA instead, and our plan is to TTC starting this August, and not have to be interrupted by schooling at all. So, I'm on TTGP because it's where I've been for almost 2 years, but I also lurk here because I belong here as well. Kind of a line-jumper at the moment.
    When will you start TTC: this August
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.): I have one 8yo DSS, one Boston x Beagle mix, and I'm a CNA as well as a secretary (two jobs). I'm in nursing school and will graduate next May. I love reading and family gatherings, and that's about it, lol. I'm not a very interesting person.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2 - Wow! 2 jobs and nursing school! That is amazing :) Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!

@notthefather how long did you eventually wait? My sister and I are 5 years apart and although we are close now, it was a big difference growing up. I'm struggling with that. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    notthefathernotthefather member
    edited April 2017
    @ReadyForaB: 3.5 years and counting. Our daughter will turn 4 Saturday. 
    ETA: I'm still disappointed the age gap will be at least 5 years but am just trying to look at the positive side of it. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @izza2: What a frustrating gap! Glad you decided to join in. I'm also a super boring person. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018