June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/27

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/27

• Anyone know how I can get my username switched back to danijo. I don't know why it changed, but I don't like it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm surprised they won't do a meet with you first. Ours insisted that dh and I both meet them first and talk about any concerns. They also said we both had to be 100% comfortable with a midwife. They even wanted my 4 year old to be there! Lol @alm52386
  • Loading the player...
  • @Kylieslip24 I know, it's super weird! DH was not happy haha. It seems like most of the midwives around here only do homebirths. I think there are 2 clinics that have midwives. I'll check the hospital's website too. I did find a midwife that offers enhanced doula care which we might look in to. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Our area is the same way. But home births are also really big around here. My midwife said she does 95% homebirths and she was the only midwife who had privledges at the hospital. When we did our tour the nurse said there are three now so they must have just hired 2 more. I hope midwives at the hospital starts getting more popular, it's a really nice middle ground option. 
  • @danijo-2 you may have to talk to the BGs and request it be changed back. That is so strange that happened to you and @krex-2
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @mirdamae03 How do I determine who the BGs are? They're a mystery to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @alm52386 I had a similar experience as @ellie111227 . While I was induced and on pitocin, I expressed a desire to go without pain meds, and they were never once offered to me. I'm sure I could have changed my mind, but I didn't and the subject never came up again. I was asked what I wanted and communicated with during my entire labor. While I am sure some OBs and hospital staff may push meds and interventions, they are certainly not all this way! Seeing a midwife is no guarantee that you will get the birth you want. Definitely try to meet or talk to the midwife first to see if you would be getting what you are looking for. :smile: 
  • danijo-2 said:
    @mirdamae03 How do I determine who the BGs are? They're a mystery to me.
    Ha! Same, I've never actually had to reach out to them either, but maybe @BumpAdmin or @bumpcaitlin-2 could help? Or emailing help@thebump.com?
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @mirdamae03 Thanks! I'll try those. Looks like bumpcaitlin also got the -2 lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • BellaO21 said:
    Soooo... if you can't see your vagina that means it no longer exists and you don't have to worry about grooming it, right?
    I haven't given up yet... Fogless shower mirror for the win. Lol, but I am stubborn... I'm sure once we get closer I'll say F it... I will start getting my legs waxed within the next month or so though. 

You know that we're getting close to our due dates when you go grocery shopping and the almond milk expires 10 days before baby is due  :# 

I thought I was doing a good job just blindly going in. Then I took a bath instead of a shower yesterday and realized I was actually doing a terrible job. No comments from my DF so I'm just gonna go with it. 
  • Soooo... if you can't see your vagina that means it no longer exists and you don't have to worry about grooming it, right?
    Funny, I sort of thought about this while I was attempting to shave my legs yesterday, "there has to be somewhere I can go where someone would do this for me" I know there's waxing - but a man can go get a straight shave, can't I get a leg shave? 
  • I'm mentally preparing for my first pregnant Brazilian wax. Plan is to do one in April and one in May to get ready for my vagina's big moment.
  • BellaO21 said:
    Soooo... if you can't see your vagina that means it no longer exists and you don't have to worry about grooming it, right?
    I haven't given up yet... Fogless shower mirror for the win. Lol, but I am stubborn... I'm sure once we get closer I'll say F it... I will start getting my legs waxed within the next month or so though. 

You know that we're getting close to our due dates when you go grocery shopping and the almond milk expires 10 days before baby is due  :# 
    I have a scheduled c-section and I really don't want a nurse to have to shave me before surgery so I know I'll have to figure something out soon. A fogless shower mirror is a great idea!
  • DH keeps offering to shave for me and I keep saying no. I'm afraid he will cut me!! I do find it easier to shave laying down in the tub though. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @Knottie42089123 I didn't actually find waxing to be much worse pregnant so hopefully it's the same for you! I've only had 2 since being pregnant but I felt like getting waxed around the time of my period was significantly worse. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm mentally preparing for my first pregnant Brazilian wax. Plan is to do one in April and one in May to get ready for my vagina's big moment.
    Have you ever tried sugaring instead of wax? I found it much less painful for a Brazilian and had the same end effect (haven't tried either while pregnant though)
  • @CapricaAndrea I have not! I should ask if my wax lady does that 
  • EmeraldNCEmeraldNC member
    edited March 2017
    I have a scheduled c-section and I really don't want a nurse to have to shave me before surgery so I know I'll have to figure something out soon. A fogless shower mirror is a great idea!
    THIS.  OMG, SO MUCH THIS.  
    After reading, I was actually going to comment/warn:  Shave/wax your own vagina beforehand, because DEAR LORD the nurse who shaved me before my emergency c section had NO MERCY!!!!!!!!!!!  And I had trimmed fairly well beforehand (or so I thought!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate the guessing/waiting game when your kid is sick and you're trying to decide if they need to see the pedi or not. I keep going back and forth on whether I should get him checked out but usually I don't like to go in unless I'm fairly certain they're gonna be giving us a script for something. 
  • @huskermom14 ugh that is the worst.  Hope your little one is feeling better soon!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• No one shaved me before my c-section!  I guess they didn't care.  I'm pretty glad because shaving irritates my skin to no end.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Thanks @FSUNole31! He's been running a fever for the last few days and has had a cough/sore throat. This morning his fever is gone but his cough is worse and he hasn't peed since I changed his diaper at 9 last night. I just can't figure out if it's worth going in for or not. 
  • tjvantjvan member
    edited March 2017
    Wait, wait, wait - nurse who SHAVED YOU. I did not consider this a possibility! Wtf. Is this only with csection???
  • @tjvan Yes.  I will be fully groomed/prepared (on my own) before this scheduled c-section.  The nurse even joked last time, "You had no idea you'd be getting such a spa treatment before having this baby did you?!"  Oh it was NOT fun.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @huskermom14 is his cough progressive?  Is he able to work stuff out?  I would also be nervous about the not peeing, but maybe you can really push the fluids today and see how he is this afternoon.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• FSUNole31 said:
    @huskermom14 is his cough progressive?  Is he able to work stuff out?  I would also be nervous about the not peeing, but maybe you can really push the fluids today and see how he is this afternoon.
    He's not working anything out with it. It sounds junky but his lungs are nice and clear. He did finally pee so I'm not quite as worried about that anymore. If strep hadn't been going around daycare I wouldn't really be concerned at all, but the fever and coughing have me on edge a little. 
  • @huskermom14 poor guy.  I am glad he peed.  Hopefully it isn't strep, I know how much it sucks to worry about sick kids.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• I just scheduled my 3 hour glucose test. I found out I failed the one hour on friday. I'm glad my doctor is back and has me set up to eat jelly beans instead of drinking the glucose drink that I've never once kept down. I'm nervous about possibly having GD, but I'm just trying to stay positive. I know it's not the end of the world and the most important thing is having a healthy baby girl come June 15th-ish.
  • Thanks @FSUNole31. He's always struggled with strep/ear infections/sinus infections so that doesn't help. My throat is starting to hurt as well so now I'm wondering if I shouldn't get him checked out just to be safe. 

Parenting...world's biggest guessing game, haha. 
  • I'm pretty sure I am feeling baby hiccups for the first time in all my pregnancies. I have to say - I don't love it. I hate having the hiccups, so feeling this persistent little tap is kind of annoying! (Also, on the other hand, it's kind of cute because any time I feel baby I can't help being happy about it.)

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @huskermom14 Could you call the nurse and ask what they think?  I do that all the time and they usually can tell you if you need to come in.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @JAGinMI I'm with you, I love feeling the kicks but I could do without the hiccups. 
  • mrtmrt member
    @huskermom14 I don't think the junky cough usually comes with strep, but I always err on the side of going to the doctor if I suspect strep, or it has been going around. I'll spare you my horror story here, but strep needs to be treated.
  • mkrelmkrel member
    edited March 2017
    In case anyone is looking to buy the Baby Jogger City Mini GT - it is 20% off on Amazon today. 

Eta: Another PSA. Found out last night that blizzards are buy one get one free through April 9th at all Texas DQs. I know there are a few other Texans in the group. 
  • I ended up taking him in because my throat started to hurt this morning too and sure enough, it's strep. So it's antibiotics for both of us. He JUST finished 3 weeks of antibiotics a week's ago. Ughhhh. 

Did you end up with scarlet fever @mrt? That was another thing going through my mind when I was contemplating going in or not. I'd feel terrible if it had turned into that because I was waiting it out.