June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/27

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/27

• @awoodruff27 what relief! Hope you're able to share the great news with your husband! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @awoodruff27 awesome news! So happy to see your update 
  • @awoodruff27, I'm so happy to hear your good news! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • @mrt I dropped down to 9 weeks to go on Wednesday.  Single digits and I am not ready yet!  It is crazy how fast the end is going.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• I hate California. I'm up all night with mad heartburn and a whiny kid. And then at 4 am I wake up again to an earthquake. Not a good feeling and now I'm too scared to go pee. 
  • With all this 10 or less week talk.... all of a sudden I am FREAKING OUT that I haven't even started little one's nursery yet.  I guess this is how it will be with the 3rd kid.......
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmeraldNC said:
    With all this 10 or less week talk.... all of a sudden I am FREAKING OUT that I haven't even started little one's nursery yet.  I guess this is how it will be with the 3rd kid.......

DD is still in our nursery, which is freaking me out a little.  On the one hand, moving her upstairs is going to be hard for me...but on the other hand I don't want her to feel like we kicked her out of her room because the baby took it (even though technically that is true haha).

Unfortunately her Big Girl Room is involved in our current home renovation, and we don't expect the flooring to be done for at least another month, so we feel like there is no point in moving her up there until it's all ready.  I mean the baby will be in the PNP in our bedroom at first anyway, so it wouldn't be End of Days if she stayed in the nursery a bit longer...but it would be inconvenient.

• Count me in to the single digit weeks and having nothing prepared! Third kid problems.  This poor babe is not getting a room for a while AnywAy but I need to organize and wash clothes and blankets and dig out bottles to sterilize and such.  I'm not really stressing about it though.  I know it will all work out. 
  • EmeraldNC said:
    With all this 10 or less week talk.... all of a sudden I am FREAKING OUT that I haven't even started little one's nursery yet.  I guess this is how it will be with the 3rd kid.......

.... stuck in a box.
    Ya'll, we still need to do major upstairs remodeling, and this is our first kid! lol. 10 weeks is a lot of time.  I also figure that a nursery is more for me than a baby. Heck, babies in Europe sleep in boxes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @merrylea 10 weeks is a lot of time... but I was induced at 37 weeks with my first, and put on bedrest before that...... So, if everything goes right and I end up staying pregnant until 40 weeks, we're good!  It is the unknown that scares me... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Stankonia201, I think I remember your baby being breech, is that still the case?  My last two appointments my midwife has felt mine and it is breech too.  Have you been successful with any tips/tricks to get baby to turn?  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• danij0danij0 member
    edited March 2017
    @merrylea speaking of those boxes, my free baby box (based on Finland's) came the other day! I think it will be nice to have for traveling and in other parts of our house. Though I already know it will end up being a cat bed eventually. There are only a few states that are giving them for free but everyone should check out the link and see if your area qualifies!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @danijo-2 thanks for the tip!!
    @EmeraldNC good point. I'm trying to be optimistic for the both of us. Lol. FX for a long healthy 10 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • And I failed the 1 hr. The cut off is 135.. mine was 135. Get to take the 3hr next week. O and I have low iron. Fantastic. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Do any other STM+ moms have a diaper bag they just love? Particularly those who have 2+ in diapers? 
    I know it was briefly covered in the baby gear thread awhile back but there wasn't much response, especially about big bags. I have an Orla Kiely from Target for DS, and while it works just fine, I KNOW that I am going to need something much bigger and more functional for two. I had originally planned to get the Skip Hop double but now I'm having second thoughts and keep going back to the Jujube website. 
  • FSUNole31 said:
    @Stankonia201, I think I remember your baby being breech, is that still the case?  My last two appointments my midwife has felt mine and it is breech too.  Have you been successful with any tips/tricks to get baby to turn?  
    At my last three appointments all in a week of each other, he was initially transverse, then breech at the next appointment, then head down at the last one last week. I think he's reverted to transverse. No tips or tricks, my doc told me not to start worrying until 36 weeks.  
  • Thanks @Stankonia2014!  I hope mine gets it together and finds the head down position!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• erinh84erinh84 member
    edited March 2017
    I could definitely use some prayers/good vibes today or whatever your cup of tea is. I lost 2 close family members hours from each other this week and now my husband just got laid off this morning. He works in cyber security, so I know he can probably find something quick and thankfully we have a nest egg. He's been wanting to go work for the government anyway, so I'm trying to think positive, but we were still a little blindsided and I'm stressed out big time.

I really appreciate all of the support I always receive from TB. It's really nice to be able to talk to you guys since most of my friends and family are 1500 miles away.

edit: stupid autocorrect 

• I'm so sorry to hear about all of that @erinh84 :(  Definitely sending some positive vibes your way.
  • Hang in there @erinh84. It always seems to pour when it rains. I'm sorry to hear about your family members and husbands job. Here's to hoping he finds something quick!
  • Sorry to hear all the bad news, @erinh84. Sending T&Ps your way!
  • sorry to hear that @erinh84
  • You'll  be in my thoughts and prayers @erinh84 <3
  • Sending good thoughts your way @erinh84
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • I'm mildly annoyed right now.  DH sold our double jogger without talking with me.  I know we don't really need a double jogger anymore, but we will need a double stroller in 2 weeks when we go to Disney.  I am planning on borrowing a double umbrella from my friend, but I haven't been able to coordinate with her to get it yet, and I was going to use that as a backup.  I may be overreacting with how frustrated I am about it, but like, did it really have to happen today?  You couldn't wait until we knew we were all set in the stroller department before getting rid of it??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • HgPaHgPa member
    @erinh84 I'm so sorry. My husband and I have had a rough year with several loved ones passing and an unexpected job loss. I cant imagine dealing with it all so far along - that must be even harder.
    We'll all be thinking about you!
  • @erinh84, sending you thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • I'm sorry @erinh84. That's so much to be dealing with all at once. Hang in there. Sending love and prayers.
  • Thinking of you, @erinh84! Hope things start to look up soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @erinh84 thinking of you!
  • @erinh84 Said a prayer for you... Sending all the good vibes I can your way!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmeraldNC said:
    I haven't really started either. I have a half finished mobile. That's it. Poor second kid...
  • HgPaHgPa member
    For the fist time ever, an empire waisted maxi dress makes me look pregnant because I am, and not because I just ate a burrito. This is a special day.

We have also not started the nursery. It's our
    first baby, we just suck. I've been exhausted and my husband works weekends. Baby is sleeping in our room for a while, so I'm not freaking out.
  • Prayers and positive vibes for you @erinh84