June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/27

Drop them here ladies!  Have a wonderful week!
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/27

• Options
    Just downed the drink for my 3 hr and almost instantly felt like ass. If I puke I'll be so pissed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bergberg member
    @itsfine I feel like if you have multiple kids and you start to drive a van, it's hard not to love it.  I have no experience to back this up since this is my first.  But to me the van just seems like it would make with 2+ kids so much easier.
  • Options
    We aren't in any position to change cars in the near future, but I can totally see a minivan in my future.  This will be #3, and while we don't have my SS all the time, when we do have him it will be so much easier with the sliding doors, etc.  My current car has a 3rd row so we have the seating space, but I'm going to be trusting my 5 year old to get himself buckled back there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are looking into switching to a midwife. At 27 weeks. Is this crazy?!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @alm52386 - friend of mine moved across country at 34 weeks and so had to switch. Not digging your doctor?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @itsfine our van was the best decision ever. Being able to open both doors with the push of a button is amazing. Not to mention closing the trunk just by hitting a button. We have a DVD player and it makes waiting in the parent pick-up line a breeze for my 2 year old. Seriously I could go on and on. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @merrylea DH wants to look into a midwife. We are meh about our dr. So I told him we could do a consultation or meet n greet or something with a midwife if it really meant that much to him. We will see how it goes!
  • Options
    I've been so sick all weekend I took the day off today to go to the doctor. Patiently waiting for my appointment this afternoon so I can get some meds to breathe again. This move continues to suck. I just keep telling myself within 2 weeks we'll be done painting, the floors will be in, and all of our furniture will be delivered. Then I can unpack :)
  • Options
    @alm52386 Not at all!! If it feels right, do it. I can't speak for all midwives, but most provide a level of prenatal care that exceeds that of an OB. I'd switch at 38 weeks if a midwife became an option for us! 
  • Options
    My last week of daycare started with my daughter puking and me having to close. It's going to be a good week.
  • Options
    @huskermom14, hang in there, FWIW I felt awful at my 3 hour test with DD (my dr routinely does the 3 hour, no 1 hour), I almost puked and had to lay on an exam table the entire time because I was so dizzy, and my numbers were fine, no GD. My doctor had no medical explanation for why I felt so bad. So take heart in knowing you could have good results! Also, I felt perfectly fine at the 3 hour this time and passed again (weird!).
  • Options
    @alm52386 we love our midwives. We switched around the half way point. So worth it. 
  • Options
    Thanks @mamaelle27! I finally finished and am at least feeling better than I was. Luckily the lab had some recliners in the waiting room so I took advantage and kicked back while I waited. That did seem to help. And it's encouraging to hear that it wasn't necessarily a bad sign! Hopefully I'll know later today or first thing tomorrow!
  • Options
    @alm52386 Another option would be to consider a family doctor if you're low risk? I love my PCP, she's a DO which means she's a bit more wholistic, and I love that she will be the little one's doctor as well when he is born. I also like that she will be the one delivering as well, not someone else in the practice. (She is with UW) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @itsfine I did the same thing about 2 months ago. I had my heart set on a GMC Acadia or some other large SUV and not being a Van mom.  But the more we thought about having 3 kids 4 and under and how much I run around with the kids by myself all week we decided on a Honda Odyssey and it's been the best decision ever.  I love it so much.  The sliding doors, easy to get in and out, DVD player, back up camera and it technically has 6 places for car seats.  So I can do a lot of different configurations.  I no longer care that I'm that mom now.  I'm so happy! 
  • Options
    Morning! I took DD to get her ear checked this morning because she had been complaining it has been hurting.  The doctor said she has fluid on her ear but it's not infected.  Which is good.  I just feel better knowing.  I don't like to jump to antibiotics if they aren't needed but I like to know what's going on.  

Its spring break and supposed to be rainy and cloudy all week.  So sad.  But we are doing Disney on ice for the first time Friday so I'm pumped for that!! 
  • Options
    Anyone else having trouble fitting their bump under their desk at work? I had to lower my chair and it makes typing a little different. Not a fan. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My DH and I went to Mommycon this weekend and decided to try cloth diapers. I am currently lost down that rabbit hole and slightly worried about the laundry. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    @danijo-2 that made me lol. I guess I am sitting farther back, which I'm sure also isn't the best for proper ergonomics. I am also noticing it getting in the way of me sqeezing through spaces that would normally not be an issue. 
  • Options
    @hopeful808 won't help with the rabbit hole but you should join: Fluff Love & CD Science on Facebook. Also check out https://fluffloveuniversity.com/ -- Both have tons of info on laundry and the admins on the FB group will even help you make a routine specific to your environment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @alm52386 I wouldn't worry at all about switching. In the scheme of things, you might actually end up seeing the midwives more than you ever saw your OBs due to the uptick in appointments in the 3rd tri. I am loving my midwife care over previous OB care and would recommend them to anyone.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    @hopeful808 the laundry isn't terrible once you get your wash routine down. We love our cloth! :)
  • Options
    My husband was crushed by his team losing in the Elite Eight last night. I asked him this morning how he was handling it and he said "it's just that now I have nothing to look forward to." He claims (probably for his own safety) he was joking. 
  • Options
    @hopeful808 welcome to the fluff side! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @hopeful808 it's a fun rabbit hole though ;) There are several of us in the group that can help as well. I don't mind the extra laundry. It wasn't a big deal with the added baby laundry in general.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    danijo-2 said:
    @hopeful808 won't help with the rabbit hole but you should join: Fluff Love & CD Science on Facebook. Also check out https://fluffloveuniversity.com/ -- Both have tons of info on laundry and the admins on the FB group will even help you make a routine specific to your environment.
    Thanks!
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    @Stankonia2014 how sad. Ugh hearing things like that just hurts my heart.  Why do we have such a need or lack of food in this country for everyone?  
  • Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    @Stankonia2014 how sad. Ugh hearing things like that just hurts my heart.  Why do we have such a need or lack of food in this country for everyone?  
    I guess, I took it as her priorities were out of whack, she had money for tanning, but not for eating. These were college girls, talking about clubbing and downtown bars. I suppose she could've meant it like that, but I took it differently. 
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 oh I see what you're saying now.  I thought it was a just group of young girls talking to each other and just happen to speak to another young lady sitting there as well.  Yes then I would priorities are out of whack in the instance.  
  • Options
    Soooo... if you can't see your vagina that means it no longer exists and you don't have to worry about grooming it, right?
    That's always been how I handled it.  It really snuck up on me during my first pregnancy, and I wound up desperately contorting myself around 26 weeks to try to get one last trim in.  This time I handled business at 24 weeks and just accepted that I probably wouldn't be doing that again until sometime at the end of June or early July, depending on the level of destruction down there from the delivery.  I was able to shave my legs the whole first pregnancy though, thank god, because all I wear to work are dresses (waistlines are my enemy while pregnant).
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 That is so sad, especially when so many people who would be amazing and responsible parents have infertility troubles. Ugh.

In other (random) news, I am getting a new dishwasher put in right now. I'm super hopeful that it will actually do something besides grow mold constantly, which is all my old one was good for.
  • Options
    I called a clinic that has midwives (UW Health @merrylea) and they said they could have a nurse call me to answer some questions but we couldn't have a meet n greet or consultation with one of the midwives. DH wants to meet the actual midwife before we commit to transferring care. I'm going to look into other places. But I also feel like if we want to switch, we need to do it soon! So his concerns are that with a midwife we will have someone advocating for us at the hospital and more about med-free birth vs an OB and hospital staff who, he thinks, will push an epidural/csection/etc. I'm interested in a midwife because I kind of want a water birth! My OB's office doesn't do water births. DH also likes the idea of a midwife being more personable and not just someone who comes in for 2 minutes to answer any questions and sends you on your way. I hope I can find somewhere that we can do a meet n greet or consulation before we make a decision to switch or not. 
  • Options
    @huskermom14 I had to redo my 3-hour today after puking during Friday's attempt. Today was much better for me. I hope yours went okay!
  • Options
    @alm52386 I've seen midwives for this pregnancy.  Our hospital has 12 of them and who delivers you is anyone's guess it just depends on whose on call when you go into labor.  They try to get you in to see all of them at some point during your pregnancy so you've at least met them all when you deliver.  The midwives here are pro c-section if necessary.  My hospital does offer hydrotherapy for the birthing process though.  
  • Options
    @Allybiery We were pretty sad yesterday (Gator fans). But we are pretty used to losing in the Elite 8 at this point. 

@Stankonia2014 I initially took that the same way @Wearmi1 did but now I'm just shaking my head.