May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 2.20 - 2.24

Re: Randoms and Questions 2.20 - 2.24

• Options
    @starphish18 The whaaat?? Link?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vrj0522 It's data from our state's department of public health (I should have mentioned that - the data I posted is just for one state!). I'm still not super comfortable giving away that much info about myself on the whole forum but could PM you more details. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    For those who want to geek out more about influenza, the CDC has a weekly report. Lots of graphs + tables + nerdiness about exactly which strains are circulating and how responsive they are to anti-viral meds (this season, very). 
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/#S1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    BabyMC517 said:
    So, totally off topic, but I had mentioned how hot I was earlier and I just couldn't cool off! Well, not only was I hot but then my skirt became really uncomfortable and tight under my belly (should have known when I put it on), it was making me feel so sick! I ended up running to Target to find a dress or something to make it through the rest of the day! Found a maxi dress that is super comfy and might have to go back and get more! 

Oh good, look at me, finally stuck in the evil box...
    I had this exact sensation yesterday! I got soooo hot, then shakey, felt kind of faint, and finally it almost felt like my blood sugar was dropping. I even tried to essentially chug 32 oz (my water bottle filled) of cold water. What is with that??
  • Options
    Thanks guise... I will do the 3 hour next week and hopefully pass. They should call it the 4 hour because apparently that's how long it takes. Hoping everyone else has good results :)

I fear that if a vaccine thread couldn't start drama on our board then nothing could!! 
  • Options
    absbubbs said:
    BabyMC517 said:
    So, totally off topic, but I had mentioned how hot I was earlier and I just couldn't cool off! Well, not only was I hot but then my skirt became really uncomfortable and tight under my belly (should have known when I put it on), it was making me feel so sick! I ended up running to Target to find a dress or something to make it through the rest of the day! Found a maxi dress that is super comfy and might have to go back and get more! 

Oh good, look at me, finally stuck in the evil box...
    I had this exact sensation yesterday! I got soooo hot, then shakey, felt kind of faint, and finally it almost felt like my blood sugar was dropping. I even tried to essentially chug 32 oz (my water bottle filled) of cold water. What is with that??
    First, totally hit the "report" button on accident and quickly closed my app! Hopefully nothing happens! Sorry about that! 

Yeah, I don't know either but it was horrible! I tried eating lunch and well it wasn't the greatest after a little bit. Kept having to rush to the bathroom! I attribute some of it to everything getting squished up and that's messing with my hernia because that's what I feel like, plus sharp pain, when it's acting up. We'll see how dinner goes tonight...

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    lrwardrop said:
    Has anyone had any side effects from the tdap ? I didn't have any last time 2 years ago but I had it again last night and I feel awful today. Headache, upset stomach, my entire body is so sore and I feel exhausted.
    I just had the Tdap today and took home the info sheet they hand out from the CDC so I could
    direct quote side effects for you! Sounds like tourney side effects are right in line with the mild problems... 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    Late to the party again today! 

@kns1988 I would push, in a nice way, to have anyone that will be around the baby frequently to get the tDap shot. My cousin's daughter got whooping cough when she was very young and was hospitalized for almost a week. 
  • Options
    CherryBananasCherryBananas member
    edited February 2017
    KMD1106 said:

-Is anyone having a small flow when you urinate? I have to go really badly sometimes, but then just a small, long-lasting flow comes out. I forgot to ask about it at my OB appointment today. 
    This has been driving me nuts. My midwife said our bladders get really lazy during pregnancy and I had no idea what she meant until this started happening. 

I'm having a hard time keeping up with this thread today but I just have to say I'm glad there's no anti-vaxxers making an appearance so far
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @KMD1106 If I lean forward while peeing, it comes out more normally. I think it's just pressure on the bladder or urethra, and shifting weight forward can help. 
  • Options
    absbubbs said:
    First, totally hit the "report" button on accident and quickly closed my app! Hopefully nothing happens! Sorry about that! 

Yeah, I don't know either but it was horrible! I tried eating lunch and well it wasn't the greatest after a little bit. Kept having to rush to the bathroom! I attribute some of it to everything getting squished up and that's messing with my hernia because that's what I feel like, plus sharp pain, when it's acting up. We'll see how dinner goes tonight...
    I guess I'll forgive you since you've given me no reason to be upset with you!!!!

My mind is blowing up with HDBD and the Wedding thread this week. Nobody looks like what is in my mind.
    Phew! That was a close one! Thanks  ;)

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    SKZW said:
    KMD1106 said:
    @lrwardrop, I just had mine today and my arm is really sort. No other side effects. When did yours start?

Two questions, both regarding urine. Isn't pregnancy beautiful?
    - Did your urine have an orange tint to it after drinking the glucose drink?
    -Is anyone having a small flow when you urinate? I have to go really badly sometimes, but then just a small, long-lasting flow comes out. I forgot to ask about it at my OB appointment today. 
    On Q#2: Yes! It's like less volume per second compared with my non-preg self. You described it spot on: small but long-lasting flow. Same thing happened with me last time, so this time, when it started happening, I was like "oh yeah, that again." Everything in your abs region is so smooshed, including the urethra that leads from the bladder to the outside world. Makes sense, right?
    I got the shot last night around 6pm and the symtoms started around 11am today. I feel awful, like I got ran over by a bus. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow.

I didn't notice an orange tint to my urine but the flow is slower and that's totally normal
  • Options
    @Squirtgun @KMD1106 add me to the lean forward to pee more club. It's odd, but it totally works. I go like normal, then have to lean way forward and I always pee a lot more. 

Re: vaccines ... there was an antivaxer in the breastfeeding class we took a coupe weeks ago at the local hospital. It took everything I had not to say something. The best was the teacher who is an RN and certified lactation consultant try to be objective while talking to her, when you could tell she just wanted to shake her and be like what the hell is wrong with you. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Oh and following up to my random the other day. DD finally seems to be on the mend from the flu.... but I'm fairly certain I'm next. I literally just got over the coughing from 4 WEEKS AGO  :s now its back with a vengeance .... I will now go crawl into my bubble where I plan to stay till I birth this child! 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    hp_momma said:
    absbubbs said:
    My mind is blowing up with HDBD and the Wedding thread this week. Nobody looks like what is in my mind.
    Right?! I mean most of HDBD is covered faces but the wedding thread had me doing double takes and going back to see the screen name! 
    I also have a "vision" of what everyone sounds like in my head when I read your replies. I'm sure the actual voice would be mind boggling! 
    I have a really thick Australian accent, blame it on growing up in a rural area but it's like the female version of crocodile Dundee apparently, just in case that needed to be cleared up lol
    YES. That's exactly how I pictured it haha, so thanks for not breaking me heart! But not to sound like a typical American, I'm sure that's how I think all Australians sound. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    And @Kipperoo I read all your replies with a thick Boston accent.
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    KMD1106 said:
    All the time! I kind of tilt all around to try and get the baby to readjust, sometimes it works other times not so much.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Ok so how are you ladies sleeping?? Any tips??? Obviously no back/tummy but now when i lay on my side i can not breathe! I gave up sleeping in my bed 5 weeks ago bc the firmness hurt my hips, ive been propped up on the couch but thats starting to get miserable, and i tried the recliner last night but it was a fail bc staying in one position all night made me super sore.
  • Options
    Jkp7749 said:
    Ok so how are you ladies sleeping?? Any tips??? Obviously no back/tummy but now when i lay on my side i can not breathe! I gave up sleeping in my bed 5 weeks ago bc the firmness hurt my hips, ive been propped up on the couch but thats starting to get miserable, and i tried the recliner last night but it was a fail bc staying in one position all night made me super sore.
    When I was pregnant with DD, we got a thick foam topper for our bed. It has been helpful this time around too. I still get sore hips and flip flop multiple times in the middle of the night, but it's better than without it. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    hp_momma said:
    hp_momma said:
    absbubbs said:
    Right?! I mean most of HDBD is covered faces but the wedding thread had me doing double takes and going back to see the screen name! 
    I also have a "vision" of what everyone sounds like in my head when I read your replies. I'm sure the actual voice would be mind boggling! 
    I have a really thick Australian accent, blame it on growing up in a rural area but it's like the female version of crocodile Dundee apparently, just in case that needed to be cleared up lol
    YES. That's exactly how I pictured it haha, so thanks for not breaking me heart! But not to sound like a typical American, I'm sure that's how I think all Australians sound. 
    To be fair, I can hear the accent in some people's voices here, the more "rural" the area the thicker the Aussie accent, the majority of people myself included I can't hear it, but I'm assuming to Americans we really do all sound like that. 
    To clear up any confusion, yes we really do often say "g'day mate" but nobody puts "shrimp on the barbie" they are called prawns and very few people actually barbecue them, the prefered way to eat them is cold.

i can't hear an American accent as well as others, except the whole "southern drawl" probably because I watch so many American movies and tv shows
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    Jkp7749 said:
    Way too many pillows with a hole in the middle so I can still lay on my stomach!
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
  • Options
    Jkp7749 said:
    I had a twin size 1" foam topper and that seems to help a bit. I just put it on my side of the bed only since DH isnt a fan.

I can now sleep on one side without hip pain but I do get trapped gas pain some nights. I get hip pain when I sleep on the other side half of the time. Having the snoogle between my legs help too. I try not to think about the breathin, otherwise I feel more out of breath if that makes sense? Its probably more difficult with twins though :/

I hope you can get some decent sleep!

• Options
    That sounds like great news @chickyclg
  • Options
    hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited February 2017
    @PartiallyDomesticated When I was in 6th grade everyone had to pick a country and do a report/presentation on it and I got Australia! And then the following year my mom (who was a travel agent at the time) went to Australia and my dad has been multiple times for work trips as well! Australia fascinates me and is definitely on the top of my bucket list of places to visit! DD1 sleeps with a koala that my dad brought back for her 4 years ago. Koala travels everywhere with us and is an important member of the family lol. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I've been sleeping with two pillows propped up behind me and in a sort of sitting position on my back with my legs bent like a frog. It's the most comfortable position for my back as the side sleeping is super painful on my hips. I can't imagine that sleeping on the couch or in a recliner is comfortable at all for you! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @chickyclg That doctor sounds great! And to have something pointing to a more definite diagnosis I'm sure is slightly relieving. Like I said before, your DS has awesome parents for advocates and sounds like he is on the right track for continued improvements!
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    chickyclgchickyclg member
    edited February 2017
    Jkp7749 said:
    I sleep propped up most of the time.  FWIW I haven't met a twin mom yet that didn't go through hell to sleep, with the twins I slept with 9 pillows and eventually needed Ambien just to get a miserable 2-3 hours of sleep.  I have no idea how you are doing it with a toddler because I was close to worthless.

ETA: if you finally find the pillow fort position that works for you, threaten to murder anyone who dares to touch it!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @hp_momma that surprises me, most Americans I meet are freaked out by the wildlife, by wildlife I mean spiders lol
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I sleep with my snoogle wrapped in a circle under my back so I am propped up a bit. Sleeping on one side makes me very sore. 

In the last few hours, I have developed a rash on the front part of my legs. It is red and very itchy. I put some Cetaphil on it, and of it's still there in the morning I will call my doctor. Anyone else experience this? 
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    @PartiallyDomesticated Umm no your huntsman spider can stay as far away as possible.
    Hell. Freaking. No. 
    Haha, huntsman's are harmless, they're fine, they keep away the red backs! I am also On the east coast so have to worry about the Sydney funnel web! There was a 10yr old bitten yesterday, he required 12 vials of anti-venom just to keep him alive! 
    Huntsman are the least of my worries!
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016