May 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms and Questions 2.20 - 2.24

Doublechecked for typos this time!

How goes it?

Re: Randoms and Questions 2.20 - 2.24

• Options
    I spent so much money this weekend. The UPS guy is going to be my BFF throughout the next two weeks. 

I would really love to by more clothes for this kiddo, but I am waiting for my US tomorrow. DD was 9.9lbs and basically was in 0-3/3months clothes. They knew she was going to be big. For 3rd time moms, were your first two similar in size? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just got back from the Dr and I gained 10 pounds this month :(. Got the "you don't want to be gaining this much every month" talk. Any suggestions to control weight gain?  I don't feel like I'm eating more than I usually do. 
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of everyone setting up their nurseries! I hope we hear back about the house soon so I'll have something to look forward too for sure! 

Today is going to be rough and I'm not sure I'll make it the whole day at work. I had a similar episode to the one I mentioned a couple of weeks ago regarding acid reflux and my hernia. It wasn't nearly as bad, but I woke up around 1am had to take a zantac and tried to go back to sleep, but I'm not really sure how much sleep I actually got. I'm sure I fell back asleep, but it definitely doesn't feel like it. I feel like a zombie and just want to go home and sleep. I feel crappy...Happy Monday! 

@Hansolosparka I feel like I keep gaining weight but my diet hasn't changed much either. I could go out and walk more and not just do the stretches for my back, which maybe that would help if you aren't doing that (yay if you are!). I just try to watch the sugar intake and eat more veggies, which for whatever reason is difficult for me! I feel like most of the weight gain has to be from baby growing and fluids, but I'm not a doctor so maybe I'm just telling myself that to make me feel better! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @Hansolosparka - I hate that talk! I definitely think that there are times during pregnancy when no matter what you're eating, you just put on weight faster than other times. Don't get discouraged. Just keep making good choices and try to move around as much as you can!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    Today's plans consist of shopping for DH birthday present with DD. 

@BabyMC517 hope you feel better! No fun  :/ also hope you hear about the house soon!! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    @LilMissCrafty I did that ALL the time with DS' nursery. It's such a great feeling, isn't it?

@bacorrea I used to joke that our mail carrier hated us because Amazon packages were always arriving on Sundays. Hey, job security, right? Lol. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    I'm legitimately pissed that so many people came to work last week and got me sick when we have a work from home policy. They could have stayed the hell home. This is the 3rd time I've been sick during this pregnancy. Are our immune systems weaker or something?
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    I'm exhausted today! DD had Fiance and I up all last night. She started that "barking" Croup cough with a fever. She would also scream in pain because her throat hurt so bad. I am taking her to the doctor today I'm hoping she doesn't have strep throat. I'm just getting over bronchitis and want to cry thinking about getting strep. Not that i blame her or that she can help it. She was pitiful, I just want her to feel better!  :s

it also freaked me out thinking about the fact that we are about to have a brand new baby, and I'm praying she doesn't come down with anything like this right after he's born. I guess i knew these things are possible obviously, but since i'm less than 9 weeks out it made it a more real!
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm exhausted today! DD had Fiance and I up all last night. She started that "barking" Croup cough with a fever. She would also scream in pain because her throat hurt so bad. I am taking her to the doctor today I'm hoping she doesn't have strep throat. I'm just getting over bronchitis and want to cry thinking about getting strep. Not that i blame her or that she can help it. She was pitiful, I just want her to feel better!  :s

it also freaked me out thinking about the fact that we are about to have a brand new baby, and I'm praying she doesn't come down with anything like this right after he's born. I guess i knew these things are possible obviously, but since i'm less than 9 weeks out it made it a more real!
    I hope DD feels better. I can relate.  DS was up coughing (in my face) all night.  I had to take off of work and he's finally sleeping peacefully on the sofa. I'm stuck here bumping bc he will wake up if I get up. 
  • Options
    Sorry for all the crappy Mondays out there. @KNS1988 I don't know if our immune systems are lower, but look at it this way: you're giving baby all of the antibodies to whatever you're sick from, so at least they'll have a better immune system.

I don't have anything to add except that I'm feeling really pregnant lately. Nauseated, but hungry all the time, can't sleep, exhausted, aches and pains, and random emotional guilt. Oy.
  • Options
    @kns1988 Our immune systems are considered compromised during pregnancy. Hang in there, I've been sick twice this pregnancy and I remember having the flu for entirely too long last pregnancy because I was a nanny and no one cared to inform me my kids were sick.
  • Options
    @bacorrea DD1 was 7lbs12oz at 40wks exactly and DD2 was 8lbs even at 40+1. I gained 9lbs less with DD2 so I was surprised she was the bigger one. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    I'm exhausted. DD1 woke up with croup at 3am so steam shower for 20 minutes which caused her to stay away and finally fall back asleep at 7am. This is her third case of croup this winter and I usually treat at home but I'm thinking we need to schedule a consult with the pediatrician to see what is going on. I hate croup! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    edited February 2017
    I'm exhausted today! DD had Fiance and I up all last night. She started that "barking" Croup cough with a fever. She would also scream in pain because her throat hurt so bad. 
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she feels better soon!

When my toddler has a sore throat, a little spoonful of honey helps So Much!

*I don't know how old yours is, so age is def a concern; no honey younger than 1 year.*

If she's 3+, though, I recommend Zarbees Cough Nighttime, which is basically just honey and a small amount of melatonin---soothes the throat and helps get back to sleep. Very effective for us.

ETA tag @BeachMommy2B
  • Options
    @Kipperoo: I'm happy to hear you were able to spend that alone time doing fun things! It must have been hard to see them go, but I'm really glad you made the most of it.  :)
  • Options
    I ordered our travel system today. It was the main reason I created a private amazon registry, for the completion discount. This morning I that it was on sale 20% off. Big win for me!

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    I had a question for the OB nurse, so I called, and the office was closed. I keep forgetting it's a holiday! Is this just a regular ol' Monday for anyone else too?
  • Options
    Yep, regular ol'Monday...and a crappy one at that!

• Options
    Yes, regular old Monday. But holidays are never holidays for my work (nurse) unless I'm actually doing something like Xmas.

I bet that was fun to see LO @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot!

Question: Are nursing tanks truly necessary? I plan to EBF or breastfeed as much as possible, so I want to make this easy on myself. I'm small chested (I've gone up two bra sizes already but I'm still only 34A at this moment) so even if I get up to a B it'll be a small B. It'll be hot here, so I can easily wear only camis/tanks that will be easy to pop a boob out of anyway. Do women wear bras? Do I just need nursing bras? If I get a nursing tank it looks like you don't need a bra. Help! These items also seem pricey for what hey are, but that's all maternity wear I guess.
  • Options
    @Jayandaplus I never liked the built in bras. I lived in nursing sports bras and maternity tanks for many months.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @jayandaplus:)  "easy to pop a boob out of"

After trial and error, I ended up wearing a ton of these (from Target, not pricey, could buy a few; I had not quite this brand...)
    https://www.target.com/p/women-s-nursing-cotton-cami-gilligan-o-malley/-/A-13793418
    It's a tank top but has the little clips in front for easy boob access, with the benefit of still having the belly fully covered.

You can do regular-normal camis/tanks but I think you'd need a nursing bra if you went that route. Again, the easy access thing. Even if you're smaller-chested and can get away with just the shirt (no bra) normally, that won't be the case when your milk comes in. There will be wetness---anywhere from little dribbles to wake up in the middle of the night and be soaked. Could happen. Definitely have some breast pads on hand---and for me, using the pads with a regular tank, even with the sticky backs, still was kind of a pain because the lifting up of the shirt to nurse messed with how they were attached. Something to think about.
  • Options
    @KMD1106, is she only 3? She has pretty hair!
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @KMD1106 Yay! How exciting. Beautiful hair.

@SKZW Thank you!! Very helpful insight. :)
  • Options
    @KMD1106 omg my DD is still practically bald at 2.5
  • Options
    kns1988 said:
    @KMD1106, is she only 3? She has pretty hair!
    Almost 3 1/2 I guess :). She turned 3 in August. She had a decent amount of (dark brown!) hair when she was born and it grew in pretty evenly and quickly. Thanks! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @jayandaplus I say YES I'm small chested too and I lived in these. They're more comfortable than regular Camis too so I have been wearing them to sleep for two+ years since my son was born.  I'm planning on getting some new ones especially for the hospital
    so I can wear one instead of the gown and fold
    it all the way down for skin to skin. They also fit nursing pads really well and have more stretch for when you're engorged than nursing bras. 
  • Options
    bacorrea said:
    @KMD1106 omg my DD is still practically bald at 2.5
    We have a friend who is a year older than DD and her light blond hair is finally long enough to go in a tiny pony on top of her head. It's crazy how different kids are! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @jayandaplus I'm the exact opposite! I was a 38DD before getting pregnant and pretty sure I've gone up since I've started using an extender. Really trying to wait as long as possible to purchase new bras, especially since I have no idea which ones to get! I already know nursing tanks with built-in bras are not going to work, regular built-in bras don't work! Maybe the nursing tank without the built in for easy access with a nursing bra if I'm wearing tanks...it'll be crazy hot here in FL as well. 

• Options
    Thanks @emilyalso and @Hansolosparka! It's sounding like nursing tanks for the regular, but maybe a couple nursing bras as well.
  • Options
    @jayandaplus I have pretty large boobs and I had a hard time finding a nursing tank that would accommodate. I actually lived in Target's maternity tanks and just "popped a boob out" when needed ha!
  • Options
    Just a regular Monday for me too, stuck at work while DH and DS enjoy a day off together.

Hope everyone who is sick and has sick little ones feels better soon! DS had a stomach bug this weekend, thank goodness I've managed to avoid getting it too.

@jayandaplus: I never wore actual nursing bra's, I wore sports bras with tank tops and I'd pull the straps down to nurse. 

My question - Is anyone else's EDD really close to a siblings birthday? My EDD is five days after DS birthday and I'm trying to figure out if i should have is birthday party a few weeks early and hope I don't have the new baby early or just wait and do it later after the baby is here?