July 2016 Moms
Options

September Randoms

123457»

Re: September Randoms

• Options
    @mnkenned LO was like this for the past few weeks. The only way for me to get her to sleep is by rocking her after she's been awake for 90 minutes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BecauseBabyIamAPug Total worst!!!! I've had to leave the house when we've tried those attempts. But as my mom continues to remind me - they have to get used to it and their needs are still being met!
  • Options
    @tiffrox81 just gotta comment on your LO and her beautiful hair :) she's quite the cutie!! 
  • Options
    Thank you @setosh!! She gets it from her dad's side. His English DNA beat out my Portuguese and Eastern European genes, haha!! 
  • Options
    Kyle had his first vaccines today, he took it extremely well at the time. Minimal crying but now, oh god, he's a little terror. He sleeps 15 minutes before waking and is screaming like a maniac! Poor baba.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @FTM53 You just seriously recited my life over the last 48 hours. A kid who refuses to sleep...which after 48 hours gets you an overly tired kid. She's pretty much too uncomfortable in the RnP and hates the PnP, tolerates the crib in short stints. I thought I was going to die. My patience is already worn down, I do 90% of the work with her including getting her to bed and anything that takes place overnight. I'M exhausted. Not sure how she's functioning! Last ditch effort after listening to her cry for the last hour, and crying with her because I'm as overly tired, lol...tightly swaddled her, arms and all. That's worked. She's out in my arms as we speak. I'm hoping to move her to her crib. I think you're right for most babies. When all else fails, a tight swaddle does the trick. 
  • Options
    @TiffRox81Good Luck! I like the Zen Swaddle because it is slightly weighted so it feels like they are being held
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I have the swaddleme's which work really well at night but not during the day so I'll check out the zen swaddle. The last few days I basically let her fall asleep in my arms while feeding and then don't move a muscle until she's slept at least an hour. Clearly not ideal but this girl needs some damn sleep! Haha. 
  • Options
    Anyone else decide to skip the crib all together? We're still bedsharing at night which is working for us but we were having nap troubles. He would nap in the swing no problem but the motor died (super annoying) and I wanted to start a transition soon anyway. We tried to make the crib work, honestly only because my inlaws bought one for us son I felt obligated. After a few weeks I still couldn't get him to nap in there for more than 15 mins. 

Long story short, we opted for the full size floor bed! He loves it, he naps there no problem most days and I've been able to put him down there around 8 every night and he'll sleep until I bring him to bed around 11. 
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 We did use a crib for my DS, but when we transitioned him out of the crib  we totally skipped the toddler bed and just put a twin mattress on the floor with toddler rails.  He did GREAT and sleeps WAY better on the twin than he ever did in his crib.  I'm sure your DS would be perfectly fine now on the floor bed.  The only thing I would worry about is when he starts crawling. I can just see a face plant when he's trying to get off the bed.  OH and my motor died on my swing too! So annoying! Do you have a snugapuppy one? I"m reading now that it is pretty common for this swing. UGH!   
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Options
    @Singingmama10 yeah I think I'm going to put some pillows around the edges on the floor just in case. I have the graco swing and apparently their motors are crap too!

@winnie1122 yeah I'm definitely not ready for him to not be sleeping with me at night, but I figure if I can get him sleeping the rest of the time in his own bed then when I am ready, it will be a smooth transition 
  • Options
    The 2 things I would personally be scared about for skipping the crib is how soft the mattress is and that my toddler would go in and accidently smother DD2. Our crib mattress is very firm on the infant side.  When we travel and DD2 sleeps on a regular mattress we have her in a little Cosleeper. However, that won't work when she starts rolling over.  Then we will bring a pack'n'play with us on trips. 

At 18 months we transitioned DD to a full size mattress on the floor after she almost fell head first out of her crib. Luckily I was in the room getting her clothes ready to wear and caught her!  It was a hard transition because she stopped sleeping through the night and started coming into our room 2-4 times per night. @stellaluna14
  • Options
    @holly142 I made sure to get an extra firm mattress specifically for this reason. He's also not sleeping there during the night and I doubt I will be doing that for quite awhile. I like cosleeping, I just can't do it for every nap time and I don't want to go to bed at 8pm haha. It's definitely not for everyone and I can't say what will or will not work in the long run but so far it's working a lot better than the crib. 
  • Options
    We've struggled with crib transition. It has gotten a LITTLE easier each attempt but I've also been staying in the room. On the floor! I don't think crib transition is ever an easy one. It they have to eventually adapt right?!? Lol
  • Options
    @stellaluna14- that all makes sense. I'm glad it's working now! 
  • Options
    Ughhhh...not looking forward to the crib transition. So far Elijah sleeps great in his rock n play overnight and okay on me during the day.  STMS, would you recommend transitioning sooner than later?  Am I screwing myself by not putting him down during the day?  I just love the snuggles...
  • Options
    @austinjl I'm in the same boat and let her sleep on me during the day. I've tried a couple times to set her down but she only naps for like 30 mintes at a time. I'd take any suggestions to get her to nap longer. 

She does great at night in her bassinet so I'm hoping that continues to the crib in a few months. 
  • Options
    I slowly transitioned her to the crib. She would take one nap in it. Then two the next week, and so on. Now she is sleeping in it overnight no problem. Though, honestly, she sleeps longer and better with me for naps. But I only do that at church or other places when we are out. She really thrives on consistency!
  • Options
    shaylalr said:
    I slowly transitioned her to the crib. She would take one nap in it. Then two the next week, and so on. Now she is sleeping in it overnight no problem. Though, honestly, she sleeps longer and better with me for naps. But I only do that at church or other places when we are out. She really thrives on consistency

**^help I'm stuck in a box****

this is what I did too and last night was their first night in the crib and they slept the entire night without issue

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    I haven't attempted naps yet but have had him sleep in his crib at night since about day three home from hospital we do the halo sleep sacks and a music player we have a lil lamp to turn on for night feedings it seems to work well 
  • Options
    Anyone have any cheap, easy Christmas craft ideas to do with our babies to give as xmas gifts this year??
  • Options
    Anyone else have their baby suddenly change their sleep and wake time? She was doing 7pm to 7am. Now it is 6:30pm to 7:30 (sometimes 8!). I guess it isn't a huge issue, but I am just surprised. 
  • Options
    @Singingmama10 that is so cute! I'm stealing that idea :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    Anyone have any tips for getting rid of cradle cap on baby's head?  I've been doing coconut oil and brushing out w comb but it's just not getting rid of it 
  • Options
    I love that @singingmama10.   Did you do the artwork or buy the plate with the the mistletoe work done already (except the toes).

@john5111 I had been doing coconut oil but was advised to switch to olive oil.  Put on 30 mins before bath time and in the bath, brush the hair with the soft bristle baby brush after you have shampoo in.  This has been working really well!  His is almost gone.  Although watch your babies hands- Elijah touched his head with the olive oil on it and smeared it in his eye.  He was soooo unhappy.  
  • Options
    @shaylalr Thought we were the only ones , princess slept 8:30pm to 8 am waking up 1 time  to eat , now she decide to go 9pm to 10am her pediatrician said it was fine aslong as she eats.  Im just enjoying all the extra morning time to get breakfest with DH , I had forggoten the last time we sat in the dinnig room together. 
  • Options
    Singingmama10Singingmama10 member
    edited October 2016
    @austinjl it was even easier than that, I looked it up on Pinterest :)!  Wish I could claim it though!!! I saw a cute reindeer one too! I just looked up Baby's first Christmas. 
    Edit: to fix typos 
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Options
    @austinjl Thanks for the info on the cradle cap, going to try that today! His has been really bad and baby lotion wasn't even making a dent. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @john5111 I've heard baby oil works too. Surprisingly someone else said butter worked also, don't quote me on that though. I suppose things work different for each baby and depending on how severe it is.

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    I like the hand ones but im thinking E will just clutch his fists once I put paint on him.  I think the foot ones will be easier!