July 2016 Moms

September Randoms

Re: September Randoms

• Who is admin for the fb group i can inbox? I was talking to one admin in July who said she'd add me then I haven't seen her on TB since. Dang busy baby life!
  • @kellz14 Mail 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Have any of you had a hormone implant stick before? I'm thinking about getting that for birth control because I can never remember to take the pill. 
  • @setosh I tried Implanon a few years back. No major side effects except I couldn't lose weight as quickly. It was sore for a few days at the site if I remember correctly. I don't think I had regular periods for the majority of the time. I'd recommend it. I would get it if we weren't thinking about trying for baby #2 in the spring. 

@shaylalr I woke up at 4am and realized I forgot to take it too. 
  • When did yall start tummy time? I feel like it's so hard for her, maybe because she's still so young. She just struggles and grunts so much. Andplusalso, I have a hard time putting her on her belly...
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• @brandiK @Kellyj103 I have a FB friend who gave birth the day before me and she takes pictures of her kid and posts them EVERY day. And not just one picture. It will be 20-30 pictures of the same thing. Her kid sitting in her swing in her new outfit, over and over and over again, usually just making a slightly different face. I get that you're excited about your baby (trust me, I am too) but why the incessant need to post essentially the same picture over and over AND on a daily basis. I may have to block her.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
  • @setosh - I've heard people are having scarring issues with the implanon and difficulty removing it later. Have you thought about an IUD? I had one for 8 years before TTC this nugget and got it for the exact reason that I could never remember my pill 
  • mnkenned said:
    @setosh - I've heard people are having scarring issues with the implanon and difficulty removing it later. Have you thought about an IUD? I had one for 8 years before TTC this nugget and got it for the exact reason that I could never remember my pill 
    I'm kinda scared about getting an IUD so I'm gonna try the implant and see how it goes. I want my kids spaced out around 3 years so the implant seemed best for me. 
  • @MollyH1987 I have another friend just like that. The same blurry pictures posted over and over. That's a whole other story though with that hot mess. 

@setosh I was definitely iffy about the IUD. People seem to have such various symptoms and reactions from them. But I honestly can't complain. Insertion wasn't terrible and I was only crampy the first couple of days. Once my period figures it's life out, I'll be good. I forget I even have it. It lasts 5 years but you can take it out whenever you want before that and be good to try for another immediately. 
  • how and when should I give my job 2 weeks notice? Im 6 weeks into my leave but I am also helping them out and working from home pt in order to extend my leave...
    Married - 4/7/07
    Son #1- 2/15/08
    Son #2- 8/18/10
    Baby 3 due 8/8/16
  • I'll have my 6 week appointment sometime between Friday and next week. I really want to get back on the pill but I'm thinking of changing what one I was on. I thought I was just prone to getting thrush a lot but now I'm realizing that I've had it 3-4 times a year since I've been on the pill. I haven't had it once in the past year. I'm dreading having to find out which pill isn't going to cause it! I'm not to keen on any other contraception, I'm not sure when we'll try for #2. I'm thinking maybe in the next year or 18 months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • KASG said:
    When did yall start tummy time? I feel like it's so hard for her, maybe because she's still so young. She just struggles and grunts so much. Andplusalso, I have a hard time putting her on her belly...
    We started tummy time when she was about 2 weeks old. Her opinion if if she enjoys it or not changes day to day. Sometimes it's 5 minutes sometimes its 15. We do make sure to do it a few times a day though. And I was told (or read somewhere) that when they're laying on your chest it counts too. 
  • @KASG I'm bad about doing an 'official' tummy time every day but like @LDSJM123 said, I lay him on my chest several times throughout the course of the day everyday so I count that! I like doing tummy time on the boppy a lot, he tolerates it longer than being flat on his tummy and tries harder to hold his head higher. I thought the doc was going to have something to say about it today when he laid P on his stomach and he didn't really try to hold his head up very far, but he didn't say anything. He has good head control when he's sitting up so I've never worried too much about it.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • I wish I understood why my baby wakes up at night. Some nights she sleeps 8-10 hours. Others we are up every 2-3. Why?? I don't get it. It used to be pretty consistent at 7 hours. I miss that. 
  • My poor baby is sick. I've had a small cold for a week now and today my baby finally caught it. He constantly has a stuffy nose but he absolutely hates the bulb syringe & the snot sucker, I've tried both. He screams every time I use it. It's gonna be a long few days for us both.
    sahm.
    frequent lurker.
    married: 08-09-2013
    baby boy: 06-16-2016 at 34 wks.

• AJ has a bedtime. I start putting him to bed at 7pm, he gets jammies and a diaper change, then nursing, then book, then swaddle and back pats until out or just about out. Usual takes an hour and he's been sleeping for 6-7 hours straight
  • I have an app that my daycare uses to post updates throughout the day - times and amounts of feedings, naps, diaper changes, etc. Today is the second time she has had a blowout there and she has never had them at home. I'm thinking it's because she is still in newborn diapers but the smallest they carry at daycare is a size 1. (I pay extra to use their diapers and wipes rather than bringing my own each week.) The size 1s seem a little loose around her legs still, which I think is why she's having blowouts. However, I pay a shit load of money for daycare so I don't even feel bad about the blowouts other than I have to wash poopy clothes. 
  • Poor baby has been running a fever since his shots yesterday afternoon. :( Not terribly high, around 100, but enough that I can tell he's not feeling great. Thankfully he's able to sleep and has been out most of the day but I hate to see him feeling bad! Did anyone deal with a fever after shots? How long did it last?
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • My DD had a fever yesterday from her shots.  I gave her Tylenol because she was completely miserable.  She doesn't have one today, but her Dr. told me to watch it for 24 hours.  I hope your DS feels better soon @winnie1122  
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• @brandiK you are lucky that your LO doesn't have blowouts at home. Mine has one like once a day!! The other day he had one in the car seat and was sitting in a pool when I took him out. I used to be freaked out about blowouts but I am so desensitized to it now! It's normal around here lol!! 

@KASG we started tummy time early, around 2 weeks, but he didn't like it until a few weeks ago (9weeks now). My pedi said to do it a few times a day, at least once in the floor and the rest can be on your chest. That's what I have been trying to follow! He does really well on the floor for a few min then is over it so it kind of sucks but I know it's for the best to continue doing it 
  • My DD had a fever yesterday from her shots.  I gave her Tylenol because she was completely miserable.  She doesn't have one today, but her Dr. told me to watch it for 24 hours.  I hope your DS feels better soon @winnie1122  
    I just gave him some so I hope it makes him feel a little better too!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Singingmama10Singingmama10 member
    edited September 2016
    Anyone dealing with constipated babies? DD hasn't pooped since sunday (she's FF).  I asked ped yesterday about it and she said every other day is fine but now we're on day 3 :/ . currently doing bicycle legs and bringing both legs up to try and get things moving.   If this doesn't work Dr. said get some prune juice and dilute it.  I'd rather not introduce a sugar yet though.  Anyone have any other ideas? 

edit: originally said Monday instead of Sunday 

• Anyone dealing with constipated babies? DD hasn't pooped since monday (she's FF).  I asked ped yesterday about it and she said every other day is fine but now we're on day 3 :/ . currently doing bicycle legs and bringing both legs up to try and get things moving.   If this doesn't work Dr. said get some prune juice and dilute it.  I'd rather not introduce a sugar yet though.  Anyone have any other ideas? 
    I've heard good things about the windi. They have them at babies r us. It's supposed to help with both gas pain and constipation. 
    sahm.
    frequent lurker.
    married: 08-09-2013
    baby boy: 06-16-2016 at 34 wks.

• @singingmama10- I used Vaseline and a thermometer to help. The Vaseline helps the hard poo slide out easier and the thermometer helps the muscles to push out. It's not pleasant but it's really successful for us.
  • @Singingmama10 I went 5 days with no poop from LO who is also FF. Ped said to try using a rectal thermometer with vaseline in order to stimulate the muscles. She ended up pooping right before I tried it. 

• For those of you following wonder weeks, has leap two been hard? We are in the middle of it and I'm loving all the fun changes my LO is experiencing, but he does not want to nap! And he is having epic melt downs, which he really doesn't ever do. He can usually soothe himself to sleep, but his melt downs right now will last forever no matter what I do to soothe him. He hates being alone and wants to be with me at all times! I'm hoping this is just a phase related to leap two 
  • With the Vaseline/thermometer thing just make sure you're only putting the thermometer in a tiny bit.
  • My baby is in leap two.  He's more fussy and clingy than usual.  :(. He naps on me so that's still been okay.   @arhodes6
  • We are not in leap 2 yet, but it should be starting soon. Thanks for the heads up on it. @arhodes6
  • kellz14kellz14 member
    edited September 2016
    6 weeks growth spurt followed immediately by leap 2 was rough. At 8.5 weeks it's been gradually calming down daily since then 

Eta: we've still been straightening out nursing issues too so that onlyadded to it
  • I tried the thermometer trick... it didn't work :(.  Guess I'm getting some prune juice today.  

• While DS and I were out on a walk today I was really deep in thought and going over in my brain how much has changed in the last few months. I realized that this is a very odd time in my life. I never thought I'd be contemplating becoming a SAHM. I love my job and my career but would absolutely hate not seeing all of my son's firsts. I also realized that I have never felt more complete yet alone at the same time. Not lonely but alone. Being a military family we live far from friends and family. While my other mom friends all have people to help them, I'm flying completely solo, Esp when my husband is away. It's a really strange feeling. It has been coupled with the fact that I still haven't found childcare for when/if I return to work full time. I'm not sad or having any PPD but it's just a different feeling. Yet, I'm totally ok with it. 
  • @arhodes6 That makes me excited! According to the app, I am about 10 days away from the start of the leap.

@DachshundMomma I feel the same way. I ran my own business for years and told my clients that I was only going to be out for about 8 weeks. I find myself with each passing day realizing that I really don't think working is going to work for us. My family is all in CA while I'm in TX. It's hard to find a good daycare or someone who could watch her. I want to be there for her firsts. If my mom lived in town, I know she would watch her and help us. I think in the end, I'll probably decide to be a SAHM. I had to take her to urgent care yesterday for a rash and that isn't something I would be able to just do if I was running my business. Babies change everything. 
  • Is the wonder weeks app worth it? I feel like I am missing out! 
  • I'm super bummed I can't be a SAHM, but I also miss working and bringing home a paycheck for my family. LO will be exactly 7 weeks old when I go back. I know I'm going to miss him. I don't really have a choice of whether I can stop working or not, but I hope this will work out. We aren't putting him in daycare. BF is working third shift. We will only have 1 full day with each other every other week. It's gonna be rough.