March 2017 Moms
Options

Names!

Re: Names!

• Options
    I love the name Noelle @kmleon83!  It's so pretty and feminine!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Options
    I've changed my top favorite names a dozen times since I found out about this pregnancy.  This also terrifies me... If I can't keep a favorite for more than a week before I hate it: how am I going to name my kid and not regret the decision!?  Hoping finding out the gender in a month or so will help!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kjd291 I feel this struggle! I have a passion for names so I end up liking different trends and then change my mind. In all honesty though, I have 3 girls and love all of their names every day. It really is different once you recognize your kid as being associated with that name... So maybe don't fret! (or try not to lol)
  • Options
    OK So I may or may not have changed my mind slightly from originally planned girl name.   :D We never had a boy name but do now.
    for a girl I am in between Kayla Rose or Aliah Rose.  
    For a boy we settled on Asher Hale 

I have 2 boys already Anthony and Joshua.  I like my names just have to narrow down that girl name if we find out this baby is a girl!!  
  • Options
    I think I like Brigid Cecilia for a girl and DH likes Stephen Gabriel for a boy. I think I prefer Stephen Joseph but we can cross that bridge if/when it comes to it! But My gut says this baby is a girl! 
  • Options
    Opinion question for all of you...my husband and I were talking about this the other day. We have names picked out for a girl or a boy, and obviously will go with whichever one is appropriate. But then would you save the other name for a future child or go back to the drawing board? DH and I have differing opinions on this and I'd love to know your thoughts!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    @liepertsm we always thought we'd Save names for subsequent kids but then things kinda just changed. Tastes changed, we got new ideas, etc.
  • Options
    @liepertsm I thought this time around would be a piece of cake since we had top two names picked out for DD -for both genders.  But they aren't back in the mix this time around!  I was surprised... Back to the drawing board.  
  • Options
    @liepertsm I guess it depends on current tastes! We ended up using our boy name,Michael,  for baby #2 when baby #1 was a girl! But I am not considering baby #2's girl name option for this baby.

my DH was insistent on using the name Michael since it is his fathers name. Otherwise I think I would have preferred something else. 
  • Options
    liepertsm said:
    Opinion question for all of you...my husband and I were talking about this the other day. We have names picked out for a girl or a boy, and obviously will go with whichever one is appropriate. But then would you save the other name for a future child or go back to the drawing board? DH and I have differing opinions on this and I'd love to know your thoughts!
    We saved ours. No discussion needed this time, lol! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We saved ours. No discussion needed this time, lol! 
    Jealous!!! 
  • Options
    We saved our lists but every time we changed our mind. It felt like a different "vibe" for each baby so the last list never felt appropriate for the next child. Now looking at my 3 girls, I can see that their names suit their personalities and they would not have fit with the other names. @liepertsm
  • Options
    meq124 said:
    @triwellnessgirl I am on the same page a @longliveregina with the spelling. Although I think for me the 2 R's are throwing me off more than the K is. I could see Zakary more so than Zakarry, which I pronounced in my head Za-CAR-ree when I first saw it.
    My name is a common name spelled the Irish way not the American way and it is a pain to either have to always spell it out for someone or just deal with it being misspelled, which is soo annoying plus even spelling it out they still misspell it most of the time. 
    I actually said Za-Carry. And I was like...what?! Then I looked again and put it together. I also think the two Rs are confusing. 
  • Options
    DH said last night his top pick is Theodore. I think I like it... We could call him Theo or Teddy, and then Ted when he's older. ((We still don't know if we're having a boy, we are just both guessing it's a boy because this pregnancy is SO different from DD)) I'm scared to commit: I like the name.  But is it too dorky? All I can think of is the pudgy little Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks. Hahah.  Full name would be Theodore Christopher.  So I'm also worried it's long. But having a little Teddy bear baby could be cute.  Thoughts ladies!? 
  • Options
    @kjd291 I love theodore.. if you're into meanings it means "gift from god" which is a great sentiment for your baby... and omg teddy bear baby is adorable..Theodore Christopher is a bit of a mouth full but whenever you're yelling at him you could just call him Teddy Christopher! Also, I don't think of the chipmunks I think of kick ass President Teddy Roosevelt.. I'd say solid choice
  • Options
    @Gators&BoSox YES! I do know the meaning, which is how DH initially sold it to me.  Thanks for your opinion!! 
  • Options
    @kjd291 I think our top pick for a boy is currently Theodore as well.  :) Ours would be a Theodore Philip. My only issue is that while I love the full name, I'm kind of trying to talk myself into liking the nicknames. I think I can do it, though! I don't think it's dorky, but my older son is Henry. We like traditional names.
    DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    DH said last night his top pick is Theodore. I think I like it... We could call him Theo or Teddy, and then Ted when he's older. ((We still don't know if we're having a boy, we are just both guessing it's a boy because this pregnancy is SO different from DD)) I'm scared to commit: I like the name.  But is it too dorky? All I can think of is the pudgy little Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks. Hahah.  Full name would be Theodore Christopher.  So I'm also worried it's long. But having a little Teddy bear baby could be cute.  Thoughts ladies!? 
    Love it and I like that it's a name that can transition into adulthood. There are some names where I think they forever sound like a child. Doesn't sound dorky to me at all. 
  • Options
    @kjd291 I don't think it sounds too dorky. It sounds very regal and important and I love Theo as a nn!
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for calming my name choice paranoia! Now you watch, it'll end up being a girl ;) haha

@Faith1318 classic names girl here too! I also love Henry!  It was one of my tops, but DH is on the fence about that one because one of his closest childhood friends is Henry and doesn't know if he would want to name a son already having a friend, which I get. 
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    Thanks ladies for calming my name choice paranoia! Now you watch, it'll end up being a girl ;) haha

@Faith1318 classic names girl here too! I also love Henry!  It was one of my tops, but DH is on the fence about that one because one of his closest childhood friends is Henry and doesn't know if he would want to name a son already having a friend, which I get. 
    I am a classic names gal too. (Our LO is going to be Elizabeth Anne!) My friend has a son named Theo and he's such a little gentleman. It's a name that grows so well with him. I also love Henry! I'd love to hear your girl names too! 

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options
    @MixedBerries88 I love Elizabeth!! It's always been one of my top favorite names.  My DD is Nora. I love Charlotte, but it's becoming more popular and not a fan of the nick name Charlie, maybe Lottie as a NN? And Natalie is another one DH likes-but I don't know if I want to have two "N" names. Really, I have no clue what we'll go with if its a girl... My DH vetoes everything because he either dated, had a crush on, or knew a girl he hated with the names I like ::eyeroll:: haha
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    @MixedBerries88 I love Elizabeth!! It's always been one of my top favorite names.  My DD is Nora. I love Charlotte, but it's becoming more popular and not a fan of the nick name Charlie, maybe Lottie as a NN? And Natalie is another one DH likes-but I don't know if I want to have two "N" names. Really, I have no clue what we'll go with if its a girl... My DH vetoes everything because he either dated, had a crush on, or knew a girl he hated with the names I like ::eyeroll:: haha
    I love Charlotte and Natalie and both pair nicely with Nora. I wouldn't worry about two N names. A wise Bumpie I know oncr suggested that 2 same first letter names is a coincidence, 3 is where the tipping point into a theme starts, and you are clearly not about a theme here! Charlie was so cute at first but it's very popular now so I can see what you might want to let that alone. Lottie is cute, as is Carly! But honestly Charlotte is just fine as a stand-alone and maybe your nn for her would develop naturally! I don't think anyone anticipated that we'd end up calling my sister JJ for most of her life, especially considering that only her first name starts with a J! These things evolve!

• Options
    I love Charlotte and Natalie and both pair nicely with Nora. I wouldn't worry about two N names. A wise Bumpie I know oncr suggested that 2 same first letter names is a coincidence, 3 is where the tipping point into a theme starts, and you are clearly not about a theme here! Charlie was so cute at first but it's very popular now so I can see what you might want to let that alone. Lottie is cute, as is Carly! But honestly Charlotte is just fine as a stand-alone and maybe your nn for her would develop naturally! I don't think anyone anticipated that we'd end up calling my sister JJ for most of her life, especially considering that only her first name starts with a J! These things evolve!
    Thanks! Especially for the reminder that 2 of the same letter don't make it a "thing" :)  Two weeks till gender US and then we can really narrow down!!
  • Options
    @kjd291 and @MixedBerries88 -- Our girls are Rachel and Lydia. Charlotte, Natalie, and Nora were all on my short list, too. (And Elizabeth would have been, but we used it for a middle name!) And I just found out we are having a boy, so unless we change our minds, we will have a little Theo as well.  :)
    DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
  • Options
    And ITA about the two of the same letter being a normal coincidence, three being the tipping point where it seems like it was planned.  :)
    DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
  • Options
    kjd291 said:

I am a classic names gal too. (Our LO is going to be Elizabeth Anne!) My friend has a son named Theo and he's such a little gentleman. It's a name that grows so well with him. I also love Henry! I'd love to hear your girl names too! 
    I'm a fan of classic names too. Henry is one of my favorites; it was my grandpa's name, and is the middle name we have chosen for a boy. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    FYI I am totally lurking this thread in the hopes of pilfering a derivative of a really cute girls name.  ( was convinced baby was a boy and only had a boys name and after last ultrasound, tech is convinced its a girl - though earlier enough that everything looks like a girl so still be a boy in the end)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Options
    With DS, we had a girl name picked out and then found out he was a boy.  Same thing happened this pregnancy!  My due date is right around St. Patrick's day and we are both very Irish, so we are going with Finn for a name.  Middle name will probably be William, after DH.  
  • Options
    Me and my husband have pretty much decided on Harlin Wayne for a boy which is a combination of our fathers middle names and Magnolia for a girl. Our DD name is Juniper so we figured Magnolia would work well with that!
  • Options
    I'm thinking about the name Luna Rose. Hubby doesn't seem to like it. 
  • Options
    Gators&BoSoxGators&BoSox member
    edited September 2016
    @mcdonald-bailey I think Luna Rose is pretty.. would hubby go for Layla, Lillian, Lola, Laurel, or Lillyanne or if you like the moon aspect of the name possibly Lucine, Diana, Cynthia or Selena?
  • Options
    @mcdonald-bailey I think Luna Rose is pretty.. would hubby go for Layla, Lillian, Lola, Laurel, or Lillyanne or if you like the moon aspect of the name possibly Lucine, Diana, Cynthia or Selena?
    Diana is such a pretty and under appreciated name!

• Options
    I've been thinking about Eden for a girl lately. Crazy? Edie is a cute nickname. I want to use a family name, Janetta, as a middle name, so EJ is another potential nickname. I have no ideas for a boy, so of course that's what we'll get. 
  • Options
    Hubby and I are a bit stuck with names and I think we will be team green so we may just come up with multiple names! 

Thoughts on Aubrey Anne? He picked out Audrey/Aubrey years ago and that has never let up. I finally came around on Aubrey as I think the nn Bree is cute. Anne is my mother's middle name and MIL is Susanna so hopefully that is close enough... We have a lot of Anna's in our family already!
  • Options
    We have decided on our names! for a girl it will be Ava Grace and for a boy it will be Mason Joseph (Joseph is my Husband's middle name)!
  • Options
    We have decided on our names! for a girl it will be Ava Grace and for a boy it will be Mason Joseph (Joseph is my Husband's middle name)!
    Love both Ava and Grace! they go great together! <3 And Mason Joseph is a solid name too! Any chance you'd ever call him MJ because of his initials?
  • Options
    @kjd291 That is the plan to call him MJ! :)