September 2016 Moms
Options

June Randoms Thread

Re: June Randoms Thread

• Options
    @MrsVoorhee Can your vet give your dog a steroid shot? My dog used to have bad allergies and he would Claritin daily, take benedryl when it really flared up and steroid shot was a last resort which always took the edge off. They are suffering so I would def keep contact with your vet to figure out how to make your dog comfortable and allow you to keep sleeping. Canned pumpkin is also good to have daily in their diets to help with their coat and digestive track (a couple of spoonfuls mixed into the food). I heard fish oil is good too like someone else already said.

@prof=mom Please notify the police department as that is abuse. They should go over there and warn the dog owners about their mistreatment.
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @blondie080300 we used to do steroid shots every summer and now they don't seem to work for him anymore. The only thing the vet could recommend was a full allergy panel to figure out everything he's allergic to, and then allergy shots every other week for an undetermined amount of time. At $200 a shot, that just isn't happening. We still spray him with hot spot spray and give him a bath in this shampoo we bought at the vet. I didn't do Benadryl last summer so I may try it again this summer to see if it will help again. So frustrating, I feel bad for him but there's no way we are paying that much for allergy shots.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have begun fasting for my 3 hour glucose test.  Husband is working until 11 tonight I think I might just go to bed soon so I don't have to think about how badly I want to eat 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 oh no! Good luck to you with the 3 hour!

@Prof=Mom I would absolutely call the proper authorities to report your neighbours. That's unacceptable.. poor pup. 

Lol @ the dogs eating tampons. That is so gross and funny. 
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies I just feel so bad for him. But hopefully things change soon.
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 Good luck on your 3 hour test today!
  • Options
    I had the most amazing 12 hour sleep on Saturday night interrupted by one bathroom break and felt so refreshed yesterday. 

Last night, 3 bathroom breaks, couldn't sleep, baby was kicking all night, moved from bed to spare bedroom to couch and still couldn't sleep anywhere.

I am so tired, my new replacement starts at work today and I need to start training him. It's going to be a very. long. day. 
  • Options
    @Prof=Mom I too would say something in defense of the poor pitbull. They (along with other deemed dangerous breeds) are being made illegal in my city as a woman was killed last week by one. It's sad as I believe it is generally the owners to blame in these situations and it sounds like your neighbors pup has it tough. 
  • Options
    @Prof=Mom I too would say something in defense of the poor pitbull. They (along with other deemed dangerous breeds) are being made illegal in my city as a woman was killed last week by one. It's sad as I believe it is generally the owners to blame in these situations and it sounds like your neighbors pup has it tough. 

As a pit bull mix owner, blanket laws like that make me so angry. My dog is seriously the sweetest, best dog we could ever have asked for.

And it makes me so sad when people get dogs and neglect them. Why get a dog if you're just going to leave it outside?

How does that work if you already had the dog when the law is changed? Are you grandfathered? You don't have to put the dog down, or get rid of it, do you?
  • Options
    What do the baby hiccups feel like?  I've never been able to distinguish what they are, but just had rapid movement where baby normally is.   Like a succession of 5 'taps' one right after the other, and then it stopped, lol.   Wasn't sure if this was a weird kicking maneuver by baby or if this was the infamous hiccups everyone was talking about. 
  • Options
    @LakeR2014 the hiccups feel like a continuous tapping feeling to me. like a constant *pat-pat-pat* feeling in my tummy, its a lighter movement then a kick but it is constant for a few seconds/minute. if that makes sense.

@Thscary looks like doggie likes your snoogle too. lol

RE Charlie Horse situation, what can i get magnesium from besides a supplement, which foods? I know google would help me but i figured some of you other ladies might have a quick response since it might have happened to yall before. 
  • Options
    @LakeR2014 I've felt something like twitching that happens continously for a few minutes. I feel it in my lower abdomen (maybe her little feet? IDK what position she's in) and it's happened at the same time of the day, oddly. I can tell it's hiccups because it's rythmic and, unless she's a music baby genius, I can't imagine where she'd get keeping that continous rythm for minutes. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

As a pit bull mix owner, blanket laws like that make me so angry. My dog is seriously the sweetest, best dog we could ever have asked for.

And it makes me so sad when people get dogs and neglect them. Why get a dog if you're just going to leave it outside?

I couldn't agree more!  Pit bulls get such a bad reputation and it's SO misguided!  When DD was born, we had two dogs - a pit mix and a lab mix.  Guess which one bit DD on the face when she was 6 months old?  NOT the pit - he is the most gentle, affectionate, wonderful dog.  Just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover and these blanket laws are not only misguided but arguably useless.

Side note: DD was fine after the bite - though it scared the Hell out of all of us!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited June 2016
    My belly is so itchy I can't stand it! I'm very prone to stretch marks and my  belly's full of them already, no matter how many creams, oils and butters I've slathered on. Now it's unbelievably itchy and I can't help but scratch. I've even woken up scratching at night. It's like the stretch marks are getting stretch marks.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @LakeR2014 Echoing everyone else. Hiccups are rythmic and last for a bit, and that's how I can tell it is them. 

• Options
    It's amazing how much better sleep you get without heartburn.  Weekend was more than a bit thrown off due to heartburn and little sleep.  I guess it's good I'm better rested for work, but getting my Saturday back would be nice....
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 I hope the rest goes well! Sounds like I need to watch Catastrophe!
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 They didn't rotate arms! I feel so bad for your one arm. Hope you hear good news with the results. Also, LOL at your hospital blocking TB.

• Options
    @Sbrown721 it's pretty light hearted as a whole a day has some great/relatable pregnancy jokes and references so it has been fun to watch. Characters are pretty loveable 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This baby is moving so much and it's crazy how easy it is to see where baby is pushing on my belly sometimes! I can't believe there are 3 months to go still! I hope to end up seeing hands and feet through my belly  :p
  • Options

How does that work if you already had the dog when the law is changed? Are you grandfathered? You don't have to put the dog down, or get rid of it, do you?
    Where I live they are grandfathering in the pitbull that people already have but are mandating that they all be sterilized and are muzzled in public. I heard that they are also discussing a province wide ban as well. 

I I agree with @PSUBecky23 some of the pitbulls I've known are the sweetest dogs. One of the most vicious that I personally encountered was a yorkie.
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    edited June 2016
    @AnnaS930 yay for being done with the 3hr. I just had my 2hr on Saturday so fingers crossed it's good news I hear. I can't believe they drew from only one arm! They did both of mine, but I still look like a heroin addict  :s. Hopefully there will be good news for both of us. I most like won't find out until Wednesday (next appt)
  • Options
    As a former dog groomer - the real only injury I sustained was from a 6lb chihuahua (not including general scratches, which happen). All of the pit bulls, mastiffs, bull dogs, dobermans, german shepherds and any other breed that ever had a bad rap at one point or another were super sweet or just kind of meh, no big deal to deal with. But that 6 lbs Chihuahua ripped off my fingernail and put me out of work for about a week!
  • Options
    Side note: I'm really fighting the urge to go get an ice cream cone. My eating habits have been really bad lately so I'm trying hard to curb the sugar intake, but man those cravings!!!
  • Options
    We finished painting the nursery Saturday. I can't stop myself from going in it multiple times a day to admire our new gray room and try to visualize how it's going to look when it's done. It's also got me so eager to meet the baby. I'm just can't wait to get to know the person we are getting this room ready for.

• Options
    Why is that, from one summer to the next, I always forget that the top of my head is going to get sunburnt if I don't wear a hat?! I took the kids to the pool yesterday while DH slept and put sunscreen on (still got a little red - I have raccoon face from wearing sunglasses all day!) but didn't wear a hat. Let me tell you, putting my hair in a ponytale was NOT fun this morning. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @UnwritteN12 My scalp burns like crazy!  I have really thin, fine hair so a hat is a must!  But, like you, it always takes me a good burn each year to remember that...  How is it I can remember to put a hat on my kid but it never crosses my mind for myself until I've learned the hard way?  Haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Side note: I'm really fighting the urge to go get an ice cream cone. My eating habits have been really bad lately so I'm trying hard to curb the sugar intake, but man those cravings!!!
    RIGHT. i dont normally care for ice cream too much on a normal day, but i have really been craving some lately myself... i might have to make a ben and jerrys run after work... i try to keep it out of the house because SO has type 2 and i dont need easy access but dang-it i want some :flushed:
  • Options
    @JennM205 - The things we remember for our kids that we have a hard time remembering for ourselves....sheesh! Let me serve as your reminder for this summer so we don't both have burnt heads!!

• Options
    Hey ladies I just wanted to tell you im going to be taking a short break from social media  
    ***trigger below****

its a very long story but short version is that my cousin and his wife had a hard time getting pregnant.  She finally got pregnant and due in July. She has two small children from a previous relationship but this would be my cousins first biological. Fast forward to her 36 week appt and she was told that his HR was way too low. She had an emergency c section and he wasn't breathing and put on a ventilator. They discovered a big knot in the cord. On Father's Day they received the devastating news that the MRI shows no brain activity. They are not quite ready to take him off the tubes yet but I just wish a true miracle would happen. I feel so helpless and really wish there was something I could do to ease the pain. Please keep them in your thoughts, this is a difficult time for the whole family. No one should have to endure this heartbreak. 

You ladies are an amazing group of moms and moms to be. Any advice on what I can do or say is appreciated. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @seitzy3 oh my, i am sooo soo sorry to hear that. thinking about your family during this time. no one should have to deal with that.
  • Options
    @seitzy3 oh man. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's baby. That's truly awful. And it's something no one should ever have to endure. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I am so sorry, that is absolutely awful.  My thoughts go out to you and your family! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th