September 2016 Moms
Options

June Randoms Thread

Re: June Randoms Thread

• Options
    @seitzy3 I am so sorry :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I am so sorry to hear that!! I'm thinking of you and your family. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I am also so sorry to read this. I don't have any advice on what to say as I think all you can do is to be there for them. Just letting them know you are there and praying and available to help in any way is all you really can do, unfortunately. :( Hugs to you and we understand if you need a break from The Bump to be with family and regroup. Take care of yourself. <3
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @seitzy3 I'm so sorry for your family :( 
  • Options
    @seitzy3 so sorry  :'(
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @seitzy3 - I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you and your family and hoping for a miracle. <3
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @seitzy3 I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family. 

• Options
    @seitzy3 I am so sorry for your family. I will be keeping everyone in my prayers
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    Oh @seitzy3 I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family. 
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I'm so sorry to hear this. Will be thinking of your family during this unimaginable time. :'(
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's baby.  What devastating news...  I will certainly keep all of them (and you) in my thoughts.  With anything like this, there is of course nothing you can really say or do and it's hard to feel so helpless when someone close to you is hurting!  Just let them know you're thinking of them and that you love them and that if they think of anything they need or want, you're there for them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I'm so sorry. That's heartbreaking.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @seitzy3, as with the others my thoughts are with all of your family. Such an unfair tragedy, I'm so sorry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I'm so sorry to hear that. Your family is in my prayers
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I'm so sorry, I'll be praying for them and your family. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    MojieJo said:

• I've gone swimming the last two days in a row (first time since last October, when I went once while we were in Florida).  It was glorious.  And weird.  My belly feels soft and squishy when I'm in the water, instead of firm with baby parts pressing against the surface.  It seemed to really soothe the babies, too.  Not a peep out of them while I was in the water.

we went to my parents pool yesterday and it was my first time swimming this year. it felt awesome, but like you said really weird. i dont really know how to describe it. but i definitely need to keep doing it.
  • Options
    Just went home on my break to check on my dogs...diarrhea all over the nursery from one of them!!!!!! Omg I only had 20 minutes to spend at home and didn't notice it until I had about 8 minutes left. I tried to clean it up and then spray Resolve on it and clean that off. I had to leave the dog inside again because it's so hot out. There better not be anymore by the time I get home tonight! Any suggestions on cleaning carpet without having to rent a big carpet cleaner? Ugh! 

It's all because MIL was here this weekend and she fed the dog steak off her dinner plate last night even after we said our dogs don't eat people food  :s

I just kept thinking there's poop on the carpet and the baby isn't even here yet! That's the baby's job!
  • Options
    I once spilled red wine on my carpet and a mixture of blue dawn dish soap and hydrogen peroxide totally fixed it. That may work?
  • Options
    oh man, so sorry @Sbrown721!  We used a spot bot to get Fred's poo out of the carpet, but those aren't exactly cheap. 
  • Options
    Oven cleaner gets nail polish out of carpets, so that's an idea...ask me how I know that.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! What a pain!
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    @seitzy3 thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time. I couldn't even imagine being faced with that decision. Take the time you need and know your friends are here to support you whenever you need 
  • Options
    @MrsVoorhees  that was great.

14. The burning-yet-sticky sensation of inner thigh rub that makes you never want to walk anywhere ever again.

kill chub-rub with deodorant!!!!! swipe on each thigh...ahhh like heaven...well as close to it as possible. 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @seitzy3 I'm so sorry to hear :( So unfair
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Prof=Mom oh please please call the police or local SPCA! That poor dog :( 

@seitzy3 that's so awful- I'm so sorry :(

My random- the little bit we've had saved is slowly depleting as each month goes on since I lost my second job, and I wasn't stressing it too much but DH started in on it when I walked in the door tonight and now I feel stressed. He's due for a raise in November, and I'm hopefully going to get a raise in August (though I don't hold high hopes since my boss has been so damned cheap). Our lease is up in November and we have been talking about moving into my grandmother's house with her to save money. At least we can maybe try to work out a deal with her so that if we move in we will pay towards utilities and put work into the house- finish the basement and take care of a lot of things- but eventually take over the house. If we moved in there we would save a fortune, but at the same time it makes me sad to lose the independence of just DH and I- or just having our own little family without anyone else there. I adore my grandmother, but once we're all in together that's it. We won't have anywhere separate to go. :/ I hate money!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My toddler randomly fell walking around my bedroom and hit her face on our bed frame. She cut under her lip something awful.

There was so much blood. Ugh. It was bad. bad. bad. It was definitely a "Do I take her to the ER?" kind of situation. I ended up deciding against it and it seems to be healing fine, but I'm still like "Oh no maybe I made the wrong call." I really think it would have torpedoed the day, she would have been made more miserable, and they would have sent me home and told me to put ice on it.

You don't want to be THAT mom  - who goes to the doctor every time her kid gets the sniffles, but you also don't want to be neglectful. Sometimes it's tough to see where that line is, and today was one of those days. It was an emotionally long day for me today. 

I had to settle for "watermelon margarita" flavored seltzer, but today would have been a great day for the real thing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @KimmySchmidt Yikes! Sorry to hear you had a scare with your LO. It is SO hard to decide when to take them to the doctor or not because it's so emotionally conflicting to see them in pain! Don't second-guess yourself too much - your gut instinct was probably right. Those head wounds bleed like crazy - but they usually heal super fast, too! Hope your DD isn't too bothered by it all and that the seltzer helped ease your nerves at least a little!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JennM205 said:
    @Prof=Mom I too would say something in defense of the poor pitbull. They (along with other deemed dangerous breeds) are being made illegal in my city as a woman was killed last week by one. It's sad as I believe it is generally the owners to blame in these situations and it sounds like your neighbors pup has it tough. 

As a pit bull mix owner, blanket laws like that make me so angry. My dog is seriously the sweetest, best dog we could ever have asked for.

And it makes me so sad when people get dogs and neglect them. Why get a dog if you're just going to leave it outside?

I couldn't agree more!  Pit bulls get such a bad reputation and it's SO misguided!  When DD was born, we had two dogs - a pit mix and a lab mix.  Guess which one bit DD on the face when she was 6 months old?  NOT the pit - he is the most gentle, affectionate, wonderful dog.  Just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover and these blanket laws are not only misguided but arguably useless.

Side note: DD was fine after the bite - though it scared the Hell out of all of us!
    We live in such a random neighborhood: either sweater dogs or pit bulls. But all the Pitt bulls are well trained and the sweater dogs are the ones that test you. I'm contacting HOA too. Thanks Ladies! 
  • Options
  • Options
    @KimmySchmidt- That's the hardest call to make. For me, in Emmett's first year - the decision was always whether to take him in to see if he had an ear infection or just ride out the cold and see where it goes. Luckily our pediatrician has awesome hours, so I never had to decide ER or not.. but it was still SO hard! You pay the copay, you bring them to a place full of sick people and risk them catching something and find out that you didn't need to go... or you stay at home and watch it like a hawk panicking that you should have taken them.

Sounds like you made the right call.  Emmett hit his mouth and split his frenum (frenulum?) whatever you want to call that little fold of skin that holds the upper and bottom lips close to the gums a few times before he was 1. It bled like a MOFO! Ended up maybe being for the best.. the top one was pretty far down before he split it, so maybe he avoided us needed to get it removed as a lip tie?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KimmySchmidt so sorry to hear that. DD1 has busted her lip a couple of times, and I don't know why, but lips/mouths just bleed A LOT. It really is scary and makes you wonder if they need stitches, but it's amazing how tough and unbreakable toddlers really are. Unless there are broken teeth or the bleeding doesn't slow down, she's fine. I think you made the right call.
    Anniversary       

• Options
    SLou24SLou24 member
    @seitzy3 Just catching up but I just wanted to say I'm so very sorry to hear about your cousin's baby. Keeping  you and your family in my thoughts! 
  • Options
    Nikkoli98Nikkoli98 member
    edited June 2016
    ::sharing from August 2016 - I found this great deal:

Burt's Bees Anniversary Sale
    https://www.burtsbeesbaby.com/Bedding/Bedding,en_US,sc.html

30% off of $50 and 40% off of $100 (also free shipping over $100) - TONS of great crib bedding options!!  The sale is through midnight on June 22nd.

As a first time purchaser and got an additional 10% off with "SUNNY10" coupon code.

I'm SO excited to get 40+% off of all my organic crib bedding!!!
  • Options
    I'm really bummed that Chekov from Star Trek died.  :'(
  • Options
    Prof=Mom said:
    I'm really bummed that Chekov from Star Trek died.  :'(
    I didn't know him well from Star Trek, but really enjoyed him in "Charlie Bartlett" and adored him in "Like Crazy"
    Pregnancy Ticker