September 2016 Moms
Options

June Randoms Thread

Re: June Randoms Thread

• Options
    @Themaritimemama I love your shadow box!  It's so cute and I love all the items you put in it.   Plus, you reminded me I have to remember to keep all those items, as typically, I'm a 'throw it out as soon as its done' person.   But I want to save all of the above for a shadow box or scrap book.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    I know this is can be an annoying problem to others and I'm not trying to post this to be like "oooo look at me, be jealous" BUT I am slowly losing weight and it's really bothering me. Over the last 2 weeks I've lost almost 3 pounds (seems negligible when I type it out, but still bothering me). Between OB visits a week apart, I didn't lose any weight but didn't gain any and he didn't say anything cause it seemed normal. But when I weigh myself naked in the morning I keep getting a smaller number. I certainly am not eating super well either. I'm thinking I possibly didn't bump up to 300 extra calories a day and now I don't know if I can bump it up to 500 extra in the third tri. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @RG1 - Try to sneak in extra fat/calories where you can. A little extra peanut butter on your toast/sandwich, add some olive oil to pasta before you eat it, consider drinking some nutritional shakes (a Boost/Ensure in the morning would nearly get you the extra calories you need!)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @AnnaS930 okay thanks! I've been eating lots of cheese, Greek yogurt and almonds but also just fruits and veggies which really don't have many calories. I think maybe once I get back to work I'll eat more. I find I'm not hungry sitting around the house but when I was working I was eating a TON. I go back Monday so we shall see!
  • Options
    @RG1- You're probably fine, baby will take the nutrients that they need from you before your own body gets them. So if you're losing a bit of weight, baby is most likely still putting it on and you're losing a bit more than the scale shows. A change in routine definitely throws off my appetite as well, I'm sure Monday will bring out your hungry side :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rg1 I weigh myself daily and I have noticed the last 2-3 weeks that I am still gaining but at a much smaller rate. I have been constantly eating and still am not seeing much change on the scale, where as mid 2nd tri I felt my weight was gaining quicker while i was trying to eat healthy. I would just chalk it up to a calm before the storm!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    So at my 28 week appointment yesterday all looked good - good heart rate, little man reacted a lot to her poking at him, my weight wasn't mentioned (that's a win!), blood pressure was good.  She measured my fundal height... 31cm. Then she laughed and said "let's do that again!" ... 31cm, to which I got a "Holy shit! You're really 31, did you measure ahead with Emmett?" no.. no I did not, I was right on, or maybe 1cm behind/ahead if anything.

Now I've got 3 more weeks until my next appointment, can't wait to see if I'm still measuring ahead or not!  I know this is pretty common, especially with STMs+ but it gave me a good laugh.
    @AnnaS930 FTM here and I definitely had no idea what fundal height was (is) when I went into my last appt and the took a tape measure to my belly.   What is it measuring?   Should the fundal number match your gestation week #?  Is that how they measure baby and such?  I was so confused.
  • Options
    @lovelylauren86 I really hope your heartburn is just that and nothing more - your previous experience(s) did not sound fun and I really hope you don't have to endure that again!

@RG1 I think as long as you're eating "good" calories (that baby can pull nutrition from) and taking your prenatal, baby will be ok.  That being said, it definitely doesn't hurt to try to squeeze some calorie-dense snacks into your diet.  And if you notice the scale slipping any further, definitely talk to your doctor about it!  He or she may not be concerned which may give you some relief - or he or she may have some suggestions to get you to a different target weight.  Either way, good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LakeR2014- yeah! So your provider will measure from the top of your pubic bone to the top of your utuerus. For some wacky reason, the number in centimeters tends to correlate with the number of week gestation that you are. It's really just reassurance that things are growing as they should be... there are a million things that can throw it off and mean nothing, and a few things (slow growth, low fluid, etc) that could throw the number off and really mean something.  It's a quick way to gauge that things are going well, or perhaps require an ultrasound to see what might be going on if the number is way ahead/below of gestational age, or if the number decreases between appointments, etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @JennM205 and @kosmo86 @AnnaS930 Thanks ladies! Makes me feel better having some good advice and knowing someone is going through something similar. I'm assuming it will pack on once I really start getting bigger but I thought that would be by now! Lol
  • Options
    You guys, there are two cases of scabies at my daughter's school. I'm itchy just thinking about it.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23 - When I worked retail pharmacy my entire body would itch any time I was filling a prescription for scabies/head lice. Just the thought of it sends prickly feelings all over my body. YUCK
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 At my last appt (24 weeks) the NP measured my fundal height at 30! It was the first time I've ever measured ahead. I'm curious now to see what the OB measures it at next week. 

@PSUBecky23 Ew and I am sorry. In the 10 years I worked in childcare, I was only around one outbreak of Scabies. It ended up going throughout the whole center, and half the teachers got it. Even those of us that didn't appear to have it treated ourselves with the prescription shampoo. 

• Options
    @AnnaS930 at my 20 week appointment I measured 27! (For some reason I don't remember the 24 week appointment.. I don't think she measured me and such because I was also there for a check up on my kidney stint) I'm curious as to what I'll measure on Tuesday at my 28week appointment, which will be at 29weeks. 
    With my son I always measured 6-8 weeks ahead and he came out 8lbs, 2 weeks early.  We are not surprised at all this time.  I'm a small framed person and just make big babies! 
    When I measured ahead for the first time this pregnancy, my OB said "looks like she is following in Clarks footsteps!" and chuckled! 
  • Options
    @AnnaS930  Thanks for that perfect description!  
  • Options
    @reesaXden- that's funny!  Emmett was 7lbs11oz and born at 41.5 weeks, so certainly not a super big baby. I wanted him to be super chunky.. but birth went really well so maybe I was just crazy. Here's hoping this one is also 7lbs 11oz.. haahha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have no idea what I'm measuring. They measure me every time but don't always tell me. They did say my measurement looked great last time. I admit I'm a little worried now with the GD diagnosis because I look ginormous (no, seriously) and have had a couple people comment on it so I am going to let the doctor know I'm concerned at my next appointment. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I have no idea what I'm measuring. They measure me every time but don't always tell me. They did say my measurement looked great last time. I admit I'm a little worried now with the GD diagnosis because I look ginormous (no, seriously) and have had a couple people comment on it so I am going to let the doctor know I'm concerned at my next appointment. 
    As I wait for my 1 hour results, my first thought when I was 31cm at 28 weeks was worrying that I have GD and baby is getting too large. Of course, these are a lot of thoughts coming from something that means so little. I didn't have GD last time, but I didn't have a glucose intolerance (failed 1 hour, and failed 1 of the 3 hour draws) and baby was not large at all
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    STMs+ - Anyone use a portable DVD player/tablet in the car while child is still rear-facing?  My little guy is 18 months, and lately we've done a few road trips that are longer than he naps for and I'd like some easier entertainment for him (especially once #2 is here).  I'm looking into car mounts for tablets since I have an Amazon Fire that we don't ever use and could upload a few movies onto for him... I know there's some risk with anything not secure in a car in case of crashes so trying to find the most reliable looking method and something that would work while he's still rear-facing, so would need to mount on the backseat of the car versus our headrests.. anyone?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In-laws are coming into town this weekend...apparently sister-in-law and nephew both have a cold. They are traveling with MIL and FIL which means they both have the germs too...any thoughts on what I should do?
  • Options
    @RG1 I felt that for the first time last night, pretty awesome!

• Options
    @RG1 @kosmos I love baby hiccups! I've been feeling this LO have them for a while, but DH got to feel them from the outside last night for the first time. He never felt DD1 have them, so it was a total first for him.

• Options
    AnnaS930AnnaS930 member
    edited June 2016
    Removing my post because I lied thinking my tic tacs were sugar free. Wah. Getting some sugar free popsicles this weekend to remind myself I can still have some sweet treats.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 awe no! I was really excited for you. Sugar Free Popsicles and jello have been my favorite things
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh. My hormones are making me extra ragey. Mostly toward stupid people and my in-laws. Even though I'll always be at least a little bitchy (it's just who I am), I'll be happy to have "normal" hormones again.....someday.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ina May Gaskin has become a superstar in my eyes since being pregnant. I really think I would love to become a doula eventually
  • Options
    Anyone not putting their crib long ways against the wall? I never see it but while moving around furniture I put the short side against the wall and I think I like it like that. I just never seem to see anyone doing it. 

• Options
    Megan324 said:
    Ladies. Sonic has sugar free slushies! I could cry. I'm getting one right now and I'm like a little kid again I'm so excited. This GD is going to be a piece of cake
    I literally just crushed a Sonic 32oz real fruit strawberry slushy. Will be peeing for the next few hours but IT WAS WORTH IT! 
  • Options
    @kosmo86 I probably won't, just because my crib has a raised "headboard" along one of the long sides, and I think it would look odd.  However, the Ikea cribs I was looking at were all displayed that way and shown sticking out into the room in all the ads.  It looked really cute, and I bet having access both sides will make changing sheets/other access much easier!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @kosmo86 I think it could look nice if it works with your crib. I've seen pics of Pinterest nurseries with the short side against the wall and it can look nice! Ours has a headboard part so would probably look silly, but I think if it's the type that is the same height all around it could look good

ive been craving creamsicles all week. DH does the grocery shopping and always buys me special surprise treats and I'm really hoping me gets me a box of creamsicles tonight!!
  • Options
    @Jabreen I actually have an ikea bed! The way my room is shaped there is not a ton of wall space due to doors, closets and windows so I felt like there was tons of dead space in the room. I think I like this way better! 

• Options
    Turns out heartburn was stomach bug I was up all night and lost 3 lbs. then we had to drive 4 hours to a wedding in Austin that H is in. The rehearsal was at noon outside. It was so hot I almost passed out 
  • Options
    @lovelylauren86 - So sorry! Hoping you get to rest up and feel better soon!! Austin finally got a heat wave after all the rain so I've been outside as little as possible because yuck! Hope you're able to keep cool!!

• Options
    @lovelylauren86 Oh no!  Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and - worse - can't sleep it away in bed!  Take it easy in the heat and I hope that the bug lets up enough for you to enjoy yourself, even just a tiny bit, at this wedding!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lovelylauren86 it's so uncomfortable feeling so sick and not being able to rest when you need it. I'm sorry you're sick! Hope you get better soon.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers