May 2016 Moms

**The Everything Random Thread for May 2016**

Hey ladies! I think we may be the only BMB without a dedicated random thread and we have many, many random threads going right now. Thought it was time a thread was created as a place for all of us to congregate on the everyday musings, rants, questions, random funny thoughts, super cravings, whatever. Post it here!

Re: **The Everything Random Thread for May 2016**

• Loading the player...
  • @bshurdy omg no. MH will be the only one in the delivery room with me and he better not be live texting updates like that! 
  • Random that I need to share: Including the two times I got up out of bed early this morning, i have peed 15 times today. NOT OK. And the night is still young...
  • I had a dr. appointment today and had to pee in a cup. First I couldn't get the lid off the cup because it was screwed on too tight, and then I peed all over my hand because I couldn't see what I was doing with my bump in the way and I had a crazy double stream going on. So fun!!
  • Anyone else have super sore inner thighs. The only way I can explain it is that feeling you get after a long night of having sex. And believe me there is no sex being had. I assume it's just because I'm a waddler now but it's sore and annoying!

cat fail animated GIF

• I had a major Charlie horse in my calf in the middle of the night last night and it was terrible! Usually I can just flex my foot up and it goes away, but it hurt so bad I couldn't even move my foot so I had to sit up and do it manually. Ugh. Now my calf is a little sore.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • 1. Being able to paint your toenails is a major life accomplishment and I'm going to try this weekend but I really doubt I'll be successful
    2. YES to sore thighs! I think it must be how I'm walking too but I don't know how to stop
    3. Had my first Charlie horse this week - those are no joke. I think I need to start stretching before bed
  • @kbrands7 That's exciting!! Are you going out before baby is due? I am working up until baby is here, so long as I am physically able.

• @AdorkablePixie Yes-- my last day will be the day I turn 39w since last time my water broke on 39+1. I'd rather have extra days before delivery with DS, than increase my chances of being stuck teaching while laboring, especially since I know now that I'm going to be taking a longer unpaid leave.
  • @kbrands7 Funny you mention that, my best friend was in early labor while she was at school teaching her first graders! She ended up taking a half day, she was a real trooper.

• Random rant--below is the email I sent to our secretary in charge of teacher attendance after getting my most recent pay stub.  She calls me back and says, "It was a sick day, not a personal day."  I like, I KNOW that!  I didn't say anything about personal days! My issue it was only 1/2 day, not a whole day!  I went back and looked at the email I sent her, and it seems pretty clear to me.  Can people not freaking read anymore??

I just got my most recent pay stub, and it states that I have used 1 sick day this year.  According to my records and what is showing in Aesop, I have only used .5 sick day—I took half a sick day on January 27.  Can this be corrected to show that I should have 24.5 sick days remaining, rather than 24?  (In planning for maternity leave and upcoming doctor appointments, I am trying to make every little bit count!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @AdorkablePixie Yeah, it's really no fun being in front of a class with contractions! I'm hoping to avoid that this time. :)
  • @emma+karen that's frustrating! I'm pretty sure the errors in keeping track of 1/2 sick days and trying to get subs for them, has a lot to do with why they only grant whole ones now in my district. If you're allowed to take 1/2 a day though, they need to get it right!
  • @laurenmdrn16 your son is adorable and it's so sweet that he already loves his baby sister <3
  • @kbrands7, she says it's fixed now.  We are allowed to take 1/2 days, and I have totally been maximizing that all year to cover doctor's appointments, etc!  I was just annoyed that my email was pretty clear about the issue and it was like she didn't read it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• yogahh said:
    Anyone else have super sore inner thighs. The only way I can explain it is that feeling you get after a long night of having sex. And believe me there is no sex being had. I assume it's just because I'm a waddler now but it's sore and annoying!
    Yes!! I remember that when I was in my 3rd tri with my son, I would wake up feeling like I did the "thighmaster" all night!
    photo 3b43f478-6280-4d47-9376-66fc916418a0_zpslewcrjtbjpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I need some advice, especially from the lawyers/paralegals or anyone with past jury duty experience. I got called for jury duty next week and while I'm happy to do my civic duty, I don't want to be placed on a jury because I'm taking off Friday to go home for my baby shower and really need to be in the office the rest of the week. Will being big and pregnant help me get excused? Anything else I can do or say to lessen my chances of being put on a jury?
  • @babyfmama Can you work remotely? I know they usually have wi-fi in the jury room, could you get work done while you wait around? Also, a co-worker of mine was recently almost placed on a 7 week criminal trial but was excused because she told them she had non-refundable plane tickets. Not that I'm suggesting you tell a fib to avoid your civic duty...
  • @LadySamLady good point; I should bring my laptop so I can work...and go on TB, obviously.
  • Creepy pregnancy dreams, GO AWAY!  I had an erotic dream about my childhood best friend/maid of honor the other night.  I mean, I love her to pieces, but NO.  I'm still creeped out by it!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• This pregnancy has been brutal on my body. I was telling my sister that my last pregnancy did not hurt nearly this bad...she said, "That's because you just came off a pregnancy and didn't get in shape in between. You were in shape for your first." Haha thankssss.

She didn't mean it to be rude...just honest lol
  • clbness said:
    Creepy pregnancy dreams, GO AWAY!  I had an erotic dream about my childhood best friend/maid of honor the other night.  I mean, I love her to pieces, but NO.  I'm still creeped out by it!

I keep having dreams about other men (not sexual dreams) and it's bothering me. There is this REALLY attractive guy who goes to the gym that I enjoy looking at (and will miss seeing when we move next month and I go to a new gym) that I've had dreams about. And another guy who is in my husband's car club has been in a couple dreams. Like I said, nothing sexual but still makes me feel bad.

• @AdorkablePixie I know what you mean.  Some of my dreams DO involve my husband...and those ones are awesome.  But some don't.  And like you, not all are sexual, but I still feel guilty anyways.  I have read (I don't know if it's true or not) that every person in your dreams is someone you either know personally or have encountered in your life.  Whether it be someone you see a couple times at the gym, or someone you don't even remember passing in the grocery store...your brain remembers them somehow.  Weird, but makes me feel better and that we can't help what we dream. :)

• @clbness I read that too! It does make me feel better knowing we can't help what we dream. It's not like we're doing it on purpose.

• What in the world is LFAF?

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Ok so I know we've had random threads about this over the months, but wondering now that we are closer to the end if anyone has experience with this....my doctor hasn't mentioned doing kick counts, just said to call if I don't feel the babies move. I have been feeling them move the last 2 days, but it's just not as strong or as frequent. Do we think it's another growth spurt? I think I may call the nurse line anyway and just ask specifically what they consider alarming, and I'm sure feeling them at all is a good sign. But I can't help but worry. 
  • Work Rant Alert:
    My last class is exhausting. They're all freshman, many of which have either an ADHD diagnosis or are on the spectrum, and two are blatantly racist (but don't understand that they are! :s ). I have to keep the class paced so quickly (but also repetitively!) to accommodate the personalities so that they don't have time to get under each other's skin and so that they learn, but also try to reeducate those who are offensive, while making sure that WW3 doesn't break out in my room because of something thoughtless and awful that they've said. But of course, I can't defend what they've said either (because it was awful), which makes it that much more difficult. I wish talking to their parents helped, but in this particular case, it just hasn't. TGIF