May 2016 Moms
Options

Ultrasound Thread

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• Options
    I have had 2 previous ultrasounds already, but my anxiety is really high with this one due to previous losses I called my Dr today. Luckily, my Dr does his own ultrasounds so I don't have to wait for the ultrasound techs, and he was able to get me in this afternoon just to take a look and ease my anxiety. Baby is great, heartbeat is strong and I was able to see baby wiggle a little! Thank goodness my Dr understands and was able to fit me in today! My anxiety dropped so much!
  • Options
    9w3d
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here's our lil bean

• Options
    Had my 12 week u/s and NT scan today! Baby is looking fab and is chillen' in the womb like a champ! So relieved and blessed to hear everything looks ok, we should receive the blood work results in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    We are measuring right on time! 10 w 2 d. He/she was waving their little arms around!
  • Options
    We had our first ultrasound last Monday! Found out we were farther along than anticipated and got to hear the heartbeat and see baby kick. :)
  • Options
    This was our first ultrasound at 12 weeks 4 days! It has been the best day of my life thus far. It was so exciting and the baby moved constantly!! We get to find out the gender on November 24! So that is our next exciting thing to look forward to!!!
  • Options
    Due May 5th baby #3
  • Options
    Peanut at nine weeks :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    THIS WAS OCTOBER 9 WHEN I SAW MY LIL BEAN !!! CANT WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER 13 TO SEE HIM AGAIN :x
  • Options
    I know I already asked this, but I just want to see if I am being a big baby or what. At my NT scan, the sonographer said she HAD to do an external when I requested a transvaginal. By the middle of the scan, I was crying in pain and begged her to stop. Of course, the baby was hiding right behind my CS scar and the sonographer had to push hard to get the exact angle for the scan. I couldn't get up after and had to lie down for a few hours when I got home because sitting up hurt so badly. I felt like if I moved the wrong way, my incision would split open. I know that is completely impossible (the scar is 2 years old!) but I was down for the count. I used to have a super high tolerance for pain, but when it comes to my CS scar, it is a 10/10. I kept tensing up and it would make it even harder to get a good shot of the baby. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to survive an external US with a CS scar? And if it hurts this much to have pressure on the scar, am I in for a world of hurt when the actual baby starts pushing on it?! I don't think I will be able to handle it if I get a swift kick in the scar (my placenta is at the back so no protection from tiny fists of fury!). 
    You need to talk to your doctor!! This isn't normal. After 2 years you should have no feeling there! They must have damaged some nerves or something with you c/s. Also, when I've had ultrasounds since my c/s, they don't even go down that low. They always are above it, but still below my belly button. I'm so sorry you have so much pain still! Does it hurt on a daily basis from your pants or anything? 
    Honestly, since it was an emergency CS, they kinda did a slice-and-dice. It is not pretty. They were going to try a vertical, just because I was in so much distress, but my (old) OB was adamant about doing the transverse incision. So it basically goes from hip to hip in a jagged smiley face. The right side (where they started the incision...I remember every single cut because I couldn't have anesthesia) is pretty jacked up, but the middle and left side feel a bit better. I did have a post-op infection and it never really healed right (more prone to yeast infections etc). I also had adhesions and major nerve damage. I keep feeling zings and shocks (MH jokes that when my scar hurts, Voldemort is on the move!) and I only wear super high-waisted pants (like, above my belly button...very stylish). I had to get rid of all my bikini style underwear and low-rise pants because they would make my scar tingle and hurt, and I have a nice belly pooch/muffin top so they weren't very flattering anyways.

I think that my scar is a lot higher than most (still below my belly button, but at least an inch above my natural hair line) so that might be why it is in prime US location. I have an appointment on Nov 2nd and will definitely talk with my new OB about my scar issue. I am sure there is major nerve damage because I remember they hit a bleeder and needed to cauterize while I was having a seizure so I bet they nicked a bunch of other stuff in there too. I just have no idea what we can possibly do to make US less painful, but also avoid issues with the uterus stretching against the adhesions and how they will go about getting in there for the RCS. I don't know if they will go through the same incision (or just a portion of it since it is pretty huge) or if they will make a second one lower (like in the more traditional spot for a transverse incision). Fun fun fun!
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for what you went through! I hope for your RCS they are able to do a lower incision that is smaller, for heaven's sake! No need to cut hip to hip. Holy cow. Prayers for you this go-around! 
  • Options
    Got to see baby for the first time yesterday!! Baby was so active!! Me and the family loved it. Based on my last cycle I was suppose to be 14 weeks and 1 day, but baby was measuring 12 weeks and 4 days. My mom mentioned she has always ovulated late, so makes sense. Was beyond happy to finally be able to see my baby ❤️
  • Options
    From last weeks NT scan. Baby is a mover and a shaker in there. Took forever for him to sit still for one minute so we could get a good pic. But tech said fluid looks fine (although still waiting for blood work results) and that's all that matters!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Baby bean at 11 weeks
  • Options
    mumbolinomumbolino member
    edited November 2015
    Looks like baby is sleeping after having had too much to eat :-) Belly looks like mine, haha. 
    13 weeks exactly. 

• Options
    Our lil alien baby is 10 weeks and 5 days here!! Measuring in at 2.01 inches!!! Crazy how tiny the baby is!!!
  • Options
    12w 3d. And it looks like LO smiled for the picture!
  • Options
    jess1hjess1h member
    edited November 2015
    12 weeks 3 days
  • Options
    Here is my 14 week u/s:
  • Options
    @JessicaSuttles I would really consider changing your screen name and cropping your name out of the photo. You never know what internet creeps are hanging out. People who aren't part of the bump can still look at these threads.

Regardless, beautiful picture!
  • Options
    3rdontheway903rdontheway90 member
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    Not scheduled. Bleeding scare today. Baby is perfect, so is placenta and cervix! Yay! Thank you Jesus! Our little dinosaur! 13 weeks 1 day!