May 2016 Moms
Options

Ultrasound Thread

Re: Ultrasound Thread

• Options
    Amy where in Ireland are you?  I lived in Galway ( I am American but DH is Irish) and all my inlaws are over there!
  • Options
    Totally loving your photos! I can't wait to hopefully see our little one sept 28! I'm definitely bringing my husband with me. He should get comfy with the girly stuff now! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have mine on Oct 2nd whih will be 8 weeks. These just made me so curious!!
  • Options
    All these pics make me even more antsy for next Friday and my follow up US...

BTW mine has been called peanut/ parasite depending on how nauseous I've been.
  • Options
    I don't have my first appointment until 10/14, I will be 8 1/2 weeks and I will be seeing an NP. My doctor's office doesn't do first appointments until 8/9 weeks. I don't get to have an appointment with my doctor until 11 weeks (11/5). I have never been through this before so I'm not sure when I will have my first ultrasound. The first appointment we will determine due date, will that need to be done with an ultrasound? I'm hoping I will get to have an ultrasound at my first one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have my sonogram today to find out exactly how far we are along! Love seeing all of your beans!
  • Options
    amyfx said:
    In Ireland we don't get Ultrasound scans until we are atleast 12 weeks, currently at 6 weeks and 3 days so Im patiently waiting!!

I won't get one until 20 weeks!!
  • Options
    katie1782 said:
    I don't have my first appointment until 10/14, I will be 8 1/2 weeks and I will be seeing an NP. My doctor's office doesn't do first appointments until 8/9 weeks. I don't get to have an appointment with my doctor until 11 weeks (11/5). I have never been through this before so I'm not sure when I will have my first ultrasound. The first appointment we will determine due date, will that need to be done with an ultrasound? I'm hoping I will get to have an ultrasound at my first one!
    I think every office does things differently.  With my previous doctor I got a dating ultrasound around 6ish weeks. With my new doctor, they go by LMP for due date and only do one ultrasound at 20 weeks unless there is a concern.
  • Options
    OMG! This was yesterday 7 weeks 3 days.
    C & DP together over 10 years. Same sex couple
    DP-Severe PCOS. No attempts made.
    Tried 1 year- BFNs with fresh donor sample
    1 year Clomid with frozen donor- BFNs
    2010 IVF#1- discovered advanced endo including large endometrioma on ovary, 8 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized with ICSI using fresh donor sample, 1 okay embie transferred
    Two weeks after IVF severe pain, endo advanced by IVF meds. Stage IV endo resulting in complete hysterectomy (both ovaries gone).

2014 Started exploring surrogacy
    8/19/2015 3rd surrogate match is the charm, transferred 2, 5 day embryos 8/19/15 
    8/25/15 HPT +
    8/26/15 Beta #1 (7dp5dt)= 68
    8/28/15 Beta #2 (9dp5dt)= 171
    9/8/15 Beta #3 (20dp5dt)=12,265 Oh My!
    9/21/15 7 weekend ultrasound= TWINS!

• Options
    This thread did not help at all lol! I'm so anxious I have to wait until October 1st for my first appointment
  • Options
    Had my first u/s. I can't believe how clearly you can see my little ninja turtle. I measured 8 w 5 d. 4 days ahead of schedule. And that little heartbeat was so strong. 180 bpm!
  • Options
    @Knottie23738778 you might want to crop your photo. We can see you first and last name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    6w5d & saw heartbeat. My guy is way over on the left. I think I need a better camera man :-/
  • Options
    Had an ultrasound yesterday. Measuring between 6-7 weeks. We can't go off of LMP, so I'm not sure what my EDD is. Dr said the heartbeat was in the 120s and everything looks great
    May siggy challenge - Parenting Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Well I had my first US today. Not sure what to think yet. The tech seemed a little concerned or thought I might not be as far along as we thought. I'm not sure if they're still counting from LMP tho. I've told them several times that I think I O'd on CD 20 but I'm not sure if they're paying attention when I say that. Lol.

But my count puts me at 6 weeks and 3 days. It's not possible for me to be more than a day or two earlier than that because I was put on progesterone on CD 22. She showed me the yolk sac and what she "thinks" is the fetal pole. I thought I heard a faint heartbeat but she didn't say anything about it. They're testing my betas again too so now I have to wait until tomorrow when the doctor calls.

Hoping everything is ok. It made me nervous that she wasn't sure if she was seeing the fetal pole....

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    folamijifolamiji member
    edited September 2015
    Had my first u/s today! Munchkin is measuring 6wk4 days which falls with my calculations. Due date should be 5/16! Heartbeat was 136
  • Options
    @krzyriver I'm in a similar situation. I have crazy long and irregular cycles, and I had implantation bleeding. So when I called to make my 8 week ultrasound appointment I told them these things. They told me it didn't matter because pregnancy was measured from first day of last period only. So my "8 week" ultrasound was today and I only measure at 5 weeks and have to go back in 2 weeks. The tech and office staff honestly seemed irritated that I was only 5 weeks. I tried to warn them...
  • Options
    Congrats to all you ladies on your cute gummi bears!

I have a dating u/s on Monday due to my history of m/c. I'll be 6w0d and I'm soooooo nervous!! I need to hear that heartbeat!
    TTC #2
    BFP #1: DS born November 2008 
    BFP #2: January 2012 - M/C @ 8 weeks 
    BFP #3: August 2012 - M/C @ 11 weeks (D&C)
    Dx: Stage 1 Endometriosis May 2014

• Options
    Had my first ultrasound done today.. It was an amazing feeling hearing that little heartbeat at jus 6w 2d.
  • Options
    Had a follow up u/s today at 7w1d and we were able to see and hear the heartbeat! It was 124bpm. We are so relieved because last week at 6w1d, the dr wasn't able to get a heartbeat, so we were a little nervous even though she said it was somewhat early. This is our 2nd and it is just as exciting as it was with DD. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ah, man, loving seeing all the awesome scans! So much good news makes me happy. <3

Doc suspects we just might be baking twins based on today's betas and the rate of increase from the last draw... but still don't get an ultrasound until 7wks. I'll stay sane somehow!
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Don't give up it took me 3 ultrasounds finally at 6 4 baby and low range heart beat. I was sent to make sure I had a compete miscarriage. This baby is just like its father making me gray already and tormenting me! Sending you all the best!
  • Options
    Had an us at my appointment a week or so ago. Our Lil person is measuring nicely and has a heartbeat. Due date confirmed May 6.
  • Options
    @Pregghers Doctors frustrate me so much when they insist on using a 28 day model for everyone. Sometimes I have very regular cycles, 32 days like clockwork. Sometimes I don't ovulate until day 80 or 90. Three years ago, I had a period in February and then went the whole year without ovulating or having a period. I finally ovulated in late October and found out I was pregnant in November. My doctor kept treating my like I was some kind of medical miracle because I "got pregnant without having a period." I knew my cycles well, knew that sometimes it would take a long time for my body to ovulate, but she kept insisting that you ovulate on day 14 and I should have had a period before I was able to get pregnant. Up until the day I miscarried, she would tell her colleges about me and they would stare at me in amazement. I couldn't believe it.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015