June 2015 Moms
Options

DH rants and raves for October

Re: DH rants and raves for October

• Options
    @mishmardhiono what an interesting cultural tradition! And somehow its *your* fault she missed out on it? Oh hell no. I'm glad you lost your shit. If he knew that his family was going to want to follow this tradition, he should have mentioned it to you so you could at least discuss the idea. I probably also would have followed thru with it, it sounds fascinating! I would just tell your DHs family that he didn't tell you about the ceremony and so you didn't know you needed the parts. I'd also not hesitate to tell them you're mad at him for your LO missing out on this part of her family culture because he couldn't be bothered to speak up about it before she was born or while you were in labor. What an ass.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks mellymar, I gave it to her as well. I told her she was failing as her Aunty in cultural terms. I'm Australian, we don't have these traditions and whilst living with them for 3 years I wasn't allowed to learn what to do because we weren't married so what Google has to offer is so limited. I speak English as my first language but am teaching her their language because they choose to speak English to her because she lives in Aus but his parents can't speak English so one day she will have no relationship with our LO. Everyone speaks English here, she doesn't need to learn your broken English. Morons, the lot of them are morons. They only think for today and they don't see how they are contributing to loosing her identity. In the end it's the typical IL crap and how there beautiful son can do no wrong.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mishmardhiono what culture is this? It's awesome you want LO to have knowledge of that half of her heritage. (I would, too - of course! As you say, it's part of her.)

• Options

@mishmardhiono what culture is this? It's awesome you want LO to have knowledge of that half of her heritage. (I would, too - of course! As you say, it's part of her.)

Indonesian, here is a link if anyone's interested in having a look at the basics of the ceremony https://simergphotos.com/2013/03/31/photo-essay-birth-and-infant-care-customs-in-a-rural-muslim-community-in-indonesia/
  • Options
  • Options
    ^^^^^ magical :)
  • Options
    Sammy K said:

I am putting LO to bed and DH is putting the boys to bed. Rave: he is always totally 50/50 with bedtime and is really engaging with them. Rant: why does bedtime involve screaming and laughing when there is an almost-asleep baby on the other side of the wall?!?

So it's not just my DH and DS! Apparently males need to wrestle themselves to sleep.
    Good to know
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rant: so last night LO woke up shortly after i had put him down so i went back in there to renurse him to sleep and LO was taking his time, so i get out of there almost 2 hours later and DH is just getting out of the shower and tells me "im gonna go to the pub" so instead of me getting out of bed to see if he wants to do anything.. i could have totally stayed in bed and gotten some sleep
  • Options
    While I'm at work this is what my fiancé does. I love this man.
    So awesome!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    queequeg09256queequeg09256 member
    edited October 2015
    I have a tiny rant: I've been having a small amount of supply issues and have exhausted my stash :( every weekend dh doesn't take me pumping as a priority. So every weekend it seems like I don't make enough well last night finally used the last bit of stash at the house. Dh said 2 weeks ago he didn't want me pumping for long periods of time even though I usually get a second let down, because pumping has been really wearing me down (mostly because dh plays stupid computer games while I deal with lo). So he says he is totally fine with formula ( he totally isn't, I am because whatever way you feed your baby is good). Today though because now there isn't 5 bottles in the fridge ready he starts complaining about the cost of formula! Firstly we have 3 canisters in our pantry that we have been gifted. Secondly I'm still pumping at work and all the time. Thirdly we have plenty of baby food she can have and we should start using anyway! Fourthly you said you were 'fine with formula' two weeks ago!! Really I want to take his dang computer power cord and strangle him. I bet he couldn't last 1 week if roles were reversed! Ugh men. He is great with lo but drives me insane.
  • Options
    mellymar said:
    Rant - Where the f*¢k is my husband!?? His leave for Halloween starts (started) today and he isn't home yet despite it being almost noon (usually he is home around 930. 1030 is usually the latest). He did text me about an hour ago telling me he was dealing with some stuff related to his classes, but seriously! The kid has been cranky for the past 3 days, I've been looking forward to eating something other than poptarts and some actual conversation. Its your freaking week off! Come home and start your damned leave! (Namely, by entertaining the baby so I can eat something) Note - I'm not mad at him specifically, just the situation. I'm sure that he would have left work already if he wasn't dealing with that 'school issues'
    I get so frustrated when my DH comes home from work late. We got into it on Saturday because for 3-4 days in a row he was supposed to get off early so of course I had my hopes up. Then didn't end up getting home until his usual time. Every single day. I told him to just stop telling me when there are days he's supposed to come home early to relieve me because I come to expect him and I haaate to be disappointed. Especially when there's a fussy baby involved. I feel for you!
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    edited October 2015

I have a tiny rant: I've been having a small amount of supply issues and have exhausted my stash :( every weekend dh doesn't take me pumping as a priority. So every weekend it seems like I don't make enough well last night finally used the last bit of stash at the house. Dh said 2 weeks ago he didn't want me pumping for long periods of time even though I usually get a second let down, because pumping has been really wearing me down (mostly because dh plays stupid computer games while I deal with lo). So he says he is totally fine with formula ( he totally isn't, I am because whatever way you feed your baby is good). Today though because now there isn't 5 bottles in the fridge ready he starts complaining about the cost of formula! Firstly we have 3 canisters in our pantry that we have been gifted. Secondly I'm still pumping at work and all the time. Thirdly we have plenty of baby food she can have and we should start using anyway! Fourthly you said you were 'fine with formula' two weeks ago!! Really I want to take his dang computer power cord and strangle him. I bet he couldn't last 1 week if roles were reversed! Ugh men. He is great with lo but drives me insane.
    So sorry! My supply issues and related stress have also led to a lot of disagreement between DH and I. Never would have expected that to be the topic that would cause the most conflict. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    @mellymar.....men, ugh!
  • Options

So sorry! My supply issues and related stress have also led to a lot of disagreement between DH and I. Never would have expected that to be the topic that would cause the most conflict. 

Seriously we fight about feeding lo, pumping since she had some latch issues. I think dh had this romantic idea that bf happens instantly and it's easy. He really ruined a lot of the first few weeks with her telling me what I was doing wrong and how I needed to do this or that. Who knew that men would be so annoying about that...
  • Options
    mishmardhionomishmardhiono member
    edited October 2015
    Someone tell me that it's worth staying married. I'm so over this man child that I'm married to. The lazy shit leaves his rubbish and dirty dishes above the dishwasher after I spent 6 hours cleaning. Can't take his clothes to the laundry then whinges that none of his clothes are clean.

We just argue over everything lately. He's so moody, just stops talking or starts ignoring me for no apparent reason.
    LO is sick, it's DH day off. I haven't slept in 3 days and the prick sleeps in until 10am until I threw a shoe at him. How dare he hear me struggle with LO and both of us having no sleep and then decide it's fine for him to sleep in.

Tonight we were talking about his chef knives ($1800) and I said I'm going to take them to get sharpened. He tells me no he will do it, I said he's not to touch them because they are so expensive to replace we are better just paying $10 a knife so if they get broken the shop replaces them. He then tells me I'm controlling, don't let him do anything, ruining his fun and walks out the door to work.

Thus guy goes out with his friends 5 times a week fishing and barbecuing, on overseas holidays by himself that I organise, I drive him on a 3 hour round trip with LO so he can go get Indonesian food & veggies every week. Im not sure I can stay like this anymore he's sucking the life out of me. Where is the beautiful man I married.
  • Options
    Sammy K said:

@mishmardhiono Have you had an honest conversation with him? Some of this sounds like poor communication, like making messes and sleeping in and throwing shoes. Some is legitimately poor behavior. It sounds like he expects you to cater to him and before LO it sounds like you did. The rules have changed with LO and you need to communicate that.

I'm no relationship expert, but 99% of relationships need more communication. You need to have a serious talk with DH, and probably more than one. Don't tell him how he's screwing up, ask if this is what he wants. Ask if he thinks he's being fair and if his behavior is appropriate. Tell him you want and need his help but you can't nag him every day. His reaction will tell you whether your relationship is worth salvaging or not.

But if you all in, guns blazing and self righteous, and tell him how much his behavior sucks and all of the things he's screwing up, he'll get defensive and shut down. It's a hard conversation to have, but it sounds like you really need it.

Great advice thank you, really shouldn't have thrown a shoe at him.
  • Options
    Rant- D/H scheduled to have our new gun safe (I don't want to hear any negative rants about guns) during lo's most important nap of the day! Wth?!?! So now d/h and these movers are going in and out of the house just banging the screen door and dropping plywood on the floor! I'm about to go get her and stand by all of them while she screams bloody murder! Let me also mention that d/h has been away for work for the last 3 days!