Infertility
Options

October/November IVF

After seeing the comraderie in the september/Oct group, thought it might be nice to see if anyone else is going through ivf in oct/nov? Scheduled to start Lupron the 21st and stims around the 29th with estimated ER 11/9. Anyone else?

Re: October/November IVF

• Options
    I'm scheduled to start stims on November 27th (so I "kind of" fit) -- if I lose a few more pounds first.  I'll be following along and anxiously awaiting the Nov/Dec thread.  :)  Good luck @erinscaren!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in the Sept/Oct group. I was supposed to start Sept. 25 but I developed 4 cysts that caused delay. They canceled my cycle and put me back on BC. I'm schedule to go back on Oct 19th. If my cysts have reduced or disappeared, then I will start Estrace that night and then first injection on the 23rd!

The Sept/oct group was/is my sanity too, @HBamama2B !! There's so many bumps in the road on this journey- it's nice to have support from others going through a similar situation!! So happy your journey was successful!

Tho those starting in OCT/NOV: beat of luck!! Keep us posted here!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    @emsmama15 that is so exciting! November will be here before we know it! I hope all goes well for you!

@colleen0516 So sorry you had a delay, but now you will be back on track! The 19th is just a few short days away! Keep us posted!

@HBamama2B congratulations on you bfp! You guys have paved the way for us and it was great to read all your posts!
  • Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited October 2015
    @colleen0516 all those bumps are just practice for the one you're getting soon! :) I'm hoping and praying for your positive cycle this round!

@erinscaren Thank you! Stay positive. One of the few shining lights in the IVF tunnel is that we get to see so much joy with the significantly higher BFP rates. IVF is like the Oprah of fertility. ;)
  • Options
    villacis811villacis811 member
    edited October 2015
    Hi ladies....We are here due to MIF issues. DH has been on clomid for a month now but doctors did not believe his numbers would improve enough to conceive naturally so we decided to start IVF. I have been on BCP for 3 weeks.  I could be starting injections by the end of this week. I will see my RE this Monday where we will find out more information. We had an injection class yesterday which was very overwhelming. We got the call that our meds have arrived so we are so close! Very glad to know we aren't going through this alone!  . God luck to all!
    DH- 31 me 32
    Started IVF  mid Oct  - ET 10/31
    Beta 11/11- BFP
    EDD July 18th 
  • Options
    Yay great idea! I have loved seeing how close everyone got in the Sept/Oct but hesitated to join it so late in the thread. Congrats to all the recent successful IVFs!!!
    A little intro about me: I am 31 and DH 30, and we are brand new to all of this. My DH and I have been trying 15 months with zero luck, went to an RE last month and diagnosed with MFI and DOR. RE said to not waste anymore time and go straight to IVF. That was quite a shock but after lurking on here the past few weeks, I've learned a lot and and feel up to the challenge! ☺️ I started my BC pills 2 weeks ago today, had a trial transfer (horribly painful!) last week, and have a baseline US and labwork this week, and possibly start stimming next weekend. Then maybe ER end of Oct or early Nov.
    Please introduce yourself if you are new here, I hope to get to know all of you through this process and hopefully we can be the support we need to get through this!!
  • Options
    Hello @villacis811 and @claire1884! A little about our situation: I too, am 31, DH is 41 and has 2 children from previous relationship. He thought he was done, so he got snipped before we met and unfortunately his reversal was unsuccessful which only left us with IVF and all of it is OOP for us! Just started week 2 of BC and also had my trial transfer last week, so sorry yours was painful @claire1884! Mine was mostly just uncomfortable and crampy. @villacis811 are you feeling so excited to start injections? I know it's nerve wracking, but means you are so close! I am cheering for all of us!
  • Options
    ***child mentioned***

A little about me: I'm 40, my hubby is 42.  We have one child conceived with Clomid and TI and we've been trying for #2 for a while.  I stopped breastfeeding in March 2014, AF returned May 2014, and we've been trying since.  We've done Femara and TI, Femara and IUI, and Gonal-F and IUI.  We did a total of 6 IUIs because they were covered under our insurance and IVF is not.  So, we wanted to make the most of those.  AND, I have about 9 more pounds to lose to meet the BMI requirement for IVF at my clinic (I've lost 38 so far).  UGH.  Hoping I can accomplish that by my nurse consult appointment.  I called yesterday and there's no wiggle room on the BMI, so if I don't meet the goal, I'm looking at a January start date because my clinic closes for IVF for two weeks in December, so Nov 27th is the last possible stim start for 2015.  I'm feeling a little bit of pressure....  Yikes!!  Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options
    @emsmama15 looks like i'll be on the same time frame as you along with the needing to lose 10lbs!  How are you doing so far?? I'm reallly struggling at the moment but continuing with my exercise and healthy eating.   

emsmama15 said:
    I'm scheduled to start stims on November 27th (so I "kind of" fit) -- if I lose a few more pounds first.  I'll be following along and anxiously awaiting the Nov/Dec thread.  :)  Good luck @erinscaren!

Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    @erinscaren Yes i am excited to get started! one step closer...
    I am a bit confused about the trial transfer? No one has mentioned it to us. Is that something that is necessary?
    DH- 31 me 32
    Beta 11/11- BFP
    EDD July 18th 
  • Options
    @villacis811 The trial/mock transfer was part of the saline sonogram. That is something my RE does to look at the uterus on U/S and make sure there are no masses/fibroids/etc in the uterus that could interfere with implantation, as well as practice putting a catheter up the cervix to measure the distance to the back of the uterus for the real transfer. In my case, although it was painful and took forever, I'm glad we did it because my RE realized that my cervix is super tight and knows what to expect for the real thing. He is going to use the smallest catheter possible and give me Valium so I don't cramp up so bad. For other people, I've heard it isn't as painful and is really quick. Or maybe I'm just a wimp, haha! I haven't done an HSG or IUI or really anything aside from labwork so maybe that's also why I needed to have it done?
  • Options
    @villacis811 what @claire1884 said is exactly right. My RE said it just helps her to know exactly what she will be working with the day of the ET. It was mild-moderately uncomfortable, but she said the day of the ET I'll have Valium as well.
  • Options
    I joined the sep/ictober group very late and it was kind of overwhelming joinging so late as most ladies already had experienced alit together!
    I hope for all of you here that the stimming will be great with awesome results! I am in my 2ww after a fresh et (my second ivf cycle). Had my first in the US and moved to europe now so second was here!
  • Options
    My name is Colleen (kinda obvious lol)
    I am 29 and my husband is 35. We have been trying for 14 months. We had a miscarriage a year ago, which brought us to this whole journey. We have unexplained infertility.

This forum is one of the best things that had ever happened to me. I was off of the sept/oct group- I was unfortunately delayed and I will be starting in October.
    Support is HUGE with infertility. The treatments, the doctor appointments, the medicines and hormones, the people who just don't get it--- it all can be so overwhelming. It's nice to be able to talk to people who are going through similar things.

Welcome to the group ladies!! It will be difficult --but it WILL be worth it!

Can wait for us all to have BFPs!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    @claire1884 thank you for the information. Yesterday I had a lap surgery to remove my fallopian tube. In the end my tube was not removed but while i was under my RE said he was going to check my uterus which was something that had to be done before IVF. He said it would avoid some discomfort.  
    DH- 31 me 32
    Beta 11/11- BFP
    EDD July 18th 
  • Options
    Good luck ladies
  • Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    Hey everyone!! I started my first IVF on September 18 with shots. My husband had testicular cancer which left him sterile ( he sperm banked 5 years ago )so we are praying for good results on my end! I had my egg retreival last Tuesday and they got a total of 16 eggs. 12 fertilized and only 2 made it to blasto stage which was pretty dis-appointing. I had OHSS so my RE wanted us to freeze and wait a month before transfer. I started my period today so will start BC and hopefully start progesterone on October 22 if ovaries have returned to normal followed by an FET November 13. Reading everyones stories have been so encouraging
    We were hoping to transfer 2 embryos but since we only got 2 , will probably just do one . Excited to meet all of you!!
  • Options
    @Cupcakegal930 - I'm struggling as well.  I've lost a bunch already but I've been plateaued for about 8 weeks!! EEK!  It's driving me crazy.  I'm considering getting a juicer and trying to juice off some weight.  I don't know.  I've been walking recently to see if that will help.  I really want to start in November because I have a birthday in December and I'd like to be done by then.  I know a month is not going to make a difference, but I just want to get this show on the road.  17 months in, we just feel like we're stuck in this rut of TTC.  
  • Options
    Hi everyone.
    I am on my second day of stims. ET scheduled Oct 22nd.

Can't wait for all the BFPs to come rolling in!

• Options
    ***Child mentioned***
    Hello! I've never really joined a board before - once when I was pregnant with my son but other than that ... Just followed. My husband (32) and I (31) are scheduled to do our second ever round of IVF (our first resulted in our son - born November 2013) this month! I have tubal factor issues (one blocked, the other looks great on every HSG I've ever had yet I've had TWO ectopic pregnancies - one before my son and one this past summer). So IVF is the only route for us. I'm trying to be optimistic but I actually feel more nervous bc we are paying totally out of pocket this time. The first time we lived in CT and all but my meds were covered by insurance. I'm also doing the "long protocol" with Lupron. With my sons round of IVF I did the short protocol and only stimmed for 8 days before my trigger and retrival. This time will be a lot more drugs and for a longer time period. All scary!!!!! Looking forward to having you ladies for support!
    New Bumpie! Me: 28 DH: 30 Years TTC: Almost 3! After First RE Appt - Natural BFP - Ectopic IVF #1: February 2013 - Antagonist (Short) Protocol ER: Doc was only able to get 5 Mature Eggies Transferred two "Perfect" Embies - one 8-Cell, one 7-Cell ::Stick Embies, Stick!::
  • Options
    Hi everyone. 

I'm Katie out of Las Vegas. 

I have been lurking on the Sept/Oct board and my cycle will span all three months but I figured I'll jump in here. I've got a wonderful support group with my husband and our friends who have been dealing with IF for a few years.

I was on BCP until 9/19. Started my first injection on 9/25 (200 GONAL-F, 75 MENOPUR). They upped my GONAL-F to 225 on the 29th and threw in CETROTIDE. All my FSH injections were in the outer thigh. I administered my HCG trigger shot (by myself I must add...so proud) on 10/4 and had my ER on 10/6.

They retrieved 12. 9 were mature enough to fertilize via ICSI. As of Wednesday 8 had divided and the 9th one (I say this one will be a girl and she is fashionably late) had not divided yet but they were still hopeful. Our clinic won't give us an update until Monday. 

We're doing CGH, it came with our package, and then we freeze. Transfer will occur after my next natural period. That SHOULD be around the 17th so we could transfer last week of Oct with our 2ww results in Nov. 

Good to e-meet everyone!

• Options
    @Christiniv Congrats on the ET! I so hope it results in a BFP! We haven't really discussed much about that with our RE yet, other than that there is one, but do they generally tell you not to do HPT?

@Colleen0516 Welcome to October/November! This will be the cycle for you! :)

@tatkat54 so sorry you had OHSS. Our RE made it sound like that's fairly uncommon, but gosh it doesn't seem that rare with all the poor ladies who have had it on this board! And your 2 embryos are going to be just perfect.

@BriiFigueroa how are you feeling so far? You doing ok?

@EWBauer29 I totally feel you. We are OOP, too so it feels like there is so much pressure on one round. But it only takes one good round, right? :)

@kbear28 you are almost there! Fingers crossed for a BFP! Can't wait to hear the good news!
  • Options
    Hey Ladies, I'm in the same boat as @tatkat54 & @kbear28 I did my stims last month and had my egg retrieval on Oct 1. I've never really been active on these boards, but I think that how's a good time since I'm in the thick-of-it. Long story short, I'm 30, DH is 42 with severe MFI. (Counts so low RE wouldn't even try IUI.) TTC 18 months; hysteroscopy & HSG to rule out any weirdness was performed in August, and all seemed good. We did our first IVF cycle last month, completely out-of-pocket and it's been stressful. We had 14 eggs, 11 fertilized, and 6 blastocysts frozen. Our RE prefers frozen egg transfers, so I'm just waiting for AF to arrive to get going on estrogen and progesterone (and a ton of pomegranate? Lol) to prepare for FET. How are you all feeling about getting started? My biggest stressor was missing work; I'm a teacher, and arranging coverage for my students for 90 minutes 3x per week for 3 weeks was nuts... I just found out that, while its less for lining-monitoring, I'll still have to do it a few more times. My assistant principals probably hate me, ugh. Also, for those just getting started: if it's any encouragement, I built up those injections in my head to be the worst thing ever, and after a 45 minute breakdown on night 1, I never even worried about it again, even traveling by air w/ my injectibles. (And w/o DH) I feel like some blogs I read terrified me about it, so I'm hoping I am soothing some worry. Excited to meet you all! Can't wait to see where the next two months take us!
  • Options
    @Christiniv ... I'm in the 2ww after a frozen transfer. Welcome everyone! I was in the September group since my retrieval was at the end of August. I had two embryos transferred on Friday. The 2ww is the worst part! When do you get to go in for bloodwork?
  • Options
    ChristinivChristiniv member
    edited October 2015
    @erinscaren thanks so much! Generally i was never told anything about HPT but many people dont do it as they say it might be false (from trigger shot or no enough hcg yet) i am so negative and prepared it didnt work as i dont have any symptoms!

@Joyzie77 congrats on your transfer! How many did you transfer? 3d or 5d?! My beta is in thursday (10dp5d transfer- fresh)

@Ufjenna congrats on 6 blasto! Thats awesome!
  • Options
    @Christiniv ... We did a frozen transfer with PGS testing so we had to wait about a month before the transfer. We transferred 2 and I have more frozen left over.
  • Options
    @erinscaren I am feeling slightly more emotional. I was hysterical over everything today, and boobs are getting HUGE. I don't know if it's the stims, or if my hormones acting crazy after stopping the bcp. Otherwise. I feel fine.

Did any of you ladies have your stims increased? My RE increased my follistim to 300. Which seems high.
  • Options
    @BriiFigueroa My RE increased my stims twice. First, he moved my injection spot from stomach to back-of-arm (after first scan.) to up the absorption. Then, he upped my Bravelle to 225 and then after that, upped my Menopur to 225 also. I never really thought about whether it was too high... i didn't have any negatives (OHSS) at those dosages, though.
  • Options
    @Ufjenna Thank you.
  • Options
    @Ufjenna I sympathize completely about missing work. I work a 7 on 7 off schedule and live in fear of anything falling on my work week. Plus, my RE is an hour drive and my work day starts at 7am so even though they do Bw and US 630-8, I'm already late. My RE did say she only requires 3 days completely off work, the day of the ER and then the day of ET and day after. I'm so excited for you for the ET! I know you must be anxious for it to get here!
  • Options
    @Joyzie77 thats so exciting! We also transferred 2 with one frozen left.
    I Am 8dpt today. No symptoms at all. I am convinced it didnt work-again!

@BriiFigueroa i am sure that adjusting the meds was good. A friend of many had her follistim increased quite alot and all turned out perfectly fine. I hope they will get great eggs for you!
  • Options
    @Christiniv .. I know how you feel. Don't give up hope yet though. Lots of people have no symptoms!! Fingers crossed for you!!!!
  • Options
    @Ufjenna .. I hear ya about work. I ended up talking to my supervisor and letting him know what was going on. He was pretty understanding. My schedule is a little flexible so it's not too bad. I have a friend who is a teacher and she had to go through the same thing. It's much harder getting a sub when you are the one they count on but remember.... You gotta do what's best for you right now. I'm excited for you. Let me know if you have any questions. Im at the 2ww after a frozen transfer. The stims were scary to me at first. Now I just dread the PIO because for some reason I can't get my butt to not be sore from the shots no matter what I do.... Good luck to everyone. I will be thinking of you all thus cycle!
  • Options
    @Joyzie77 i assume you tried the jeat/cooling pads??
  • Options
    @Christiniv I've been using a moist heating pad and it helps a little bit not much. I tried ice once but it didn't work. I could try again.
  • Options
    I bought those heating/cooling pads at walgreens. I had 2 of them. One in the freezer and one outside... Dh injected pio. 5 mins before the injection i put the frozen pad on the spot... While he prepared He put the heating one in the microwave. The injected and i put the hot one on the sport right away... It was so cold first and so warm after that it worked pretty well and i had no problems at all (as i had a bfn i just took it for 3 weeks but it was really working well)
  • Options
    Hi! I'm Becky - I'm 31, DH is 32. We've been ttc for about 3.5 years. We've done 2 cycles of clomid, 2 IUIs and are now moving to IVF. I'm starting week 2 of Estrace - just waiting for my period so I can begin stimming. I'm pretty sure the Estrace is making me crazy - I've been down since starting it and things that normally wouldn't bother me are driving me crazy... ahh... this too shall pas...

I'll be doing Menopur and Follistem once I begin stemming. My bday is Nov. 15, and if all goes as planned, I'm hoping for a BFP right around my bday. Staying positive, yet realistic is the hardest part for me. 

Good luck to all of you! Looking forward to sharing experiences!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    * child mentioned*
    I'm Summer, 25 and have a 17 month old. I'm starting stims tomorrow (as long as my bloodwork from this morning come back ok!) Retrevial somewhere between the 25th-29th and doing ICSI and assisted hatching and freezing them all then a transfer in Dec/Jan. Glad to be here!