Infertility
Options

October/November IVF

Re: October/November IVF

• Options

@smitty18 I am totally in the same boat! I could literally cry over the silliest of things! Probably because I am on day 8 of stims and my estrogen is already at 3795! My poor DH, however, I did warn him in advance that this week was going to be rough! I also feel kind of blah. All I want to do is sleep! 

You got this @poeface! It does only take one! FX crossed for you!

• Options
    Thanks I will keep you guys posted
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thejessicanicol I've got to try icing! I am taking luprol in the am and a concoction of luprol, gonal f 300 ccs and Menopur 2 vials- it doesn't all fit in one 600 cc syringe! i need space for like an extra 50 cc's of liquid  So one full shot and one mini shot a night for me. My tummy is getting bruised. I'm on day 5 of injections and I'm starting to get bloated. No form fitting dresses for me! 
  • Options
    @twomommiestobe so excited for you!!! Woopwoop!!

@smitty18 i cry all the time...even for those SPCA animal donation commercials and at work when someone was rude to me...lucky it was over the phone and no one saw me lol.

Had my u/s and labs today...starting Ganirelix tomorrow and ER on Monday or Tuesday. Feeling nervous about how many I'll have. Like some of you, we're also self-funding so this may be our only shot. Trying not to think about it and just "enjoying" the process. Here's to BFPs all around!
  • Options
    villacis811villacis811 member
    edited October 2015
    @navarro1126 We are on similar time schedules. I started ganirelix today. Originally my RE had said our egg retrieval would be on Monday or Tuesday but he hasn't mentioned it again so I am hoping he will be able to tell me tomorrow if it will be one of those days. 

I am not sure if the acupuncture is helping me but I don't feel that emotional from the injections. I def felt my emotions all over the place from the BCP, I cried over everything but now I feel calmer.I do feel some discomfort in stomach. Not sure if this is my ovaries.
    DH- 31 me 32
    Started IVF  mid Oct  - ET 10/31
    Beta 11/11- BFP
    EDD July 18th 
  • Options
    @Navarro1126 and @villacis811 I am on a similar schedule too, looking at Monday or Tuesday so far for ER. Good luck!!
  • Options
    ***question***
    For those of you who had to finance, did they require any money up front (like a certain percentage/down payment)? Do you have to have great credit to be approved? We don't have the best credit. :( We have been working on it for a few years, but as you know it takes a long time. I am so scared we won't get approved for a loan and the dream will be lost.

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in that same boat. Please keep me informed if you find a good place and I'll do the same
  • Options
    @twomommiestobe congrats! So happy for you. Was this your first IVF cycle? Any early pregnancy symptoms?

@erinscaren I know what you mean about being so hungry. I don't remember feeling like this when I was on bc years ago. Over the last couple weeks, I'm hungry an hour after I eat. My last dose was last night. Hopefully it leaves my system quick!

So the IVF timeline that my nurse sent to me lists follistim and menopur as my stim medications. But today she emailed me today saying I will begin with follistim and no menopur. I wish she would a little more clear. Does this mean I may start menopur at a later date or no menopur at all? If no menopur, then why is it on my medication list. I feel like I'm bugging her with all my questions because she tells me to schedule an appointment with my doctor if I have more questions. The lack of communication is killing me--she didn't even include my follistim dosage in the timeline/protocol. I think she assumes my doctor went over all of this with me, but he didn't. I don't want to schedule another appointment with him. I'm starting stims on Sunday and want clarification now. I guess I'll have to wait for my medication to arrive to see if menopur is included.

Sorry, needed to vent.
  • Options
    ecb3588ecb3588 member
    edited October 2015
    Super frustrating @rachd110!  You know, I have only ever seen my RE twice ever.  Once for the consult back in May, and once a couple weeks ago when she did the saline sono.  That's it.  I do know that I am doing Gonal-F and Menopur, but I only know when the Gonal-F is starting right now, have not been told a start date for the Menopur.  But they really should do some teaching if you are doing Menopur, that one has to be reconstituted.  I wouldn't worry about bugging her, this is super important, it's not like you're calling asking what to do for a common cold!  And hey, the better they communicate, the less questions they would have!
  • Options
    @Rachd110 I wish it was me! Lol its @2mommiesforbaby with the bfp. How confusing I know!Two sets of moms in the same group doing ivf!! :):) But I will take it as a sign and hopefully we will be the next set of mom's with an ivf bfp!

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @erinscaren @Rachd110 I wasn't give a start date for my menopur either. I know it's super annoying. They definitely could be a little more clear. You will probably start the menopur later in your stims. My nurse called every night with specific instructions based on my bloods. I didn't start menopur until day 3.
  • Options
    My ER is all set for Friday. I'm super nervous. I also have to take a lupron injection with my trigger tonight. Did any of you lady's have to take estrogen patches after retrieval?
  • Options
    @erinscaren @rachd110 I am on day 6 and I have a bunch of medication that I am not using yet. So far I am using 3 injections but I was prescribed a few more things that I was never explained. I assume at some point they will tell me when to use it. I think they def could have explained things a little bit better. Sometimes I feel like I am annoying the nurses by asking so many questions. I know that they do this everyday but this is my first time going through this process. Honestly I feel like i learn more information from this board than I do from the doctor. 
    DH- 31 me 32
    Started IVF  mid Oct  - ET 10/31
    Beta 11/11- BFP
    EDD July 18th 
  • Options
    @twomommiestobe I am so sorry! But I think it's a sign. You will have your BFP soon!

@2mommiesforbaby congrats to you!

@erinscaren when do you start stims?

@erinscaren, @BriiFigueroa @villacis811 I hear the same complaints from women going through infertility about their clinic. I don't think any clinic does it right. They are all so busy trying to get us pregnant they forget one of the most important things: communication!
    I work for a hospital and hear complaints about the lack of communication all the time. Maby it's just the healthcare industry that needs a communication lesson.

I have learned so much from this board. Not sure what I'd do without all the ladies on The Bump!

• Options
    Hi Everyone! I am so excited to see a Oct/Nov IVF group! To tell you a little bit about myself, my husband and I are both 30, we have unexplained infertility, we have been trying for 20 months. We have done 4 IUIs and this is our first IVF. We are doing luteal Lupron protocol. I started 10 units of Lupron on 10/15 and got AF today. I have bloodwork and US this Saturday and will then start stimulation! I am excited and terrified and anxious and hopeful and scared and soooo many other emotions. Our RE recommends transferring just 1 embryo but I think I would much prefer 2. I would love to hear what others are planning!
  • Options
    AF finally came to visit today, which was perfect timing because I received the last of my meds as well! Baseline is set for Friday morning and if it was like my last round we'll have ER by next week and ET the following week.
    Praying that this is the golden egg we need for that healthy and happy baby!

Well wishes to all!
  • Options
    @rachd110 I start stims 10/30.  Lupron til then, going for baseline US and BW a week from today, then start stims.  It seems like time is slowing down this month!
  • Options
    Same here about the poor communication! My nurse has been very slow to get back to me and I'm often confused. Part of their protocol is to have my husband take 5 days of doxy. They didn't bother to tell me that it was the same prescription for me, and they gave me 20 pills. I'm supposed to give half to my husband and he starts them today.  how was I to know? I feel your pain @erinscaren@BriiFigueroa @villacis811

Just got news that I am probably going to trigger tomorrow night! I'm getting nervous!

Welcome @JClaire2  They select number of embryos to transfer based on age, and other risk factors. Unfortunately for me, I am getting older :)  I just turned 38 so guidelines recommend 2 embryos. You're only 30 so guidelines recommend 1.  You have a higher probability of that 1 embryo implanting than I do of 1, so they recommend 2 for me.  A 38 year old's overall success rate is 40% with one, and 60% with 2. (at least that's what my RE told me based on my medical profile).    You can always do 2, but just talk to your doctor about your statistics. Because you have a higher rate of success at 30, the likelihood of you having twins is also quite high, which doctors like to prevent if possible.  I don't have a high rate of having twins...so they put 2 in in the hopes I'll have 1.  Does that make sense?
  • Options

@rachd110 I also have Follistim and Menopur on my list. My nurse explained that they aren't taken on the same day. So one day I do Follistim and the next day Menopur. Not sure if you will be alternating but that's what they have me doing after I get through the Lupron. The fertility center we're seeing gave me a pretty color coordinated meds calendar to make it easy for me. Maybe see if your RE can do something like that for you!

@smitty18 I have a nasty bruise where my husband did my first shot. He just stabbed it right in lol felt terrible! This morning I iced it like yesterday but he went in slower and he injected as he was going through if that makes sense. That was it was one seamless movement and not a stab, few seconds, then inject. Hardly felt anything this time!

thejessicanicol.com

Me: 24 DH: 29

MFI: Low Morphology Low Count due to radiation

IVF with ICSI Round 1: November 2015

D&C January 2016

Anticipated FET April 2016

• Options
    Morning mommies to be ... just got new from the dr office that we lost two more . We now have 4 eggs and only two are strong. She said that I will most likely have none to freeze.
  • Options
    Weird it cut off the rest of what I was saying. ..anyway it basically said good luck and baby dust to everyone
  • Options
    oh no @thejessicanicol!  No stabbing allowed! lol

Speaking of bruises, does everyone have progesterone oil injections in their treatment protocol? I don't. My doctor is prescribing Crinone.  Studies say they have equal efficacy to the shots, but I have friends who swear by the injections, and I am a little nervous that this is the wrong step. Thoughts?
  • Options
    @poeface so sorry to hear that. But those 2 strong ones are all you need, girl! When is your ET supposed to be?

@smitty18 No PIO for me. If crinone is a vaginal progesterone suppository gel, then that's what has been prescribed to me. And just once a day as far as I know.
  • Options
    ET on Sunday.
    I did not have to do the PIO shots I am currently doing vaginal tablet. (Not fun) but probably better than an injection. Have to do it 3 times a day.
  • Options
    @erinscaren -yes it's a suppository gel once a day. Never tried this kind before.. During IUI I had the vaginal tablet too. 3 x a day - @poeface.  it was no fun whatsoever. but everything I've read the pros outweigh the cons with the shots.
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I got my bloodwork back today and it was negative. It was my first IVF cycle. I thought j was fine until I came home and cried. Guess it's what I needed. We have one more embryo that was harvested from last time so I will wait for AF and then move to Lupron and another medication to switch up my protocol, she thinks I might have trouble implanting. So, I decided to move over from September to the October/ November group. Once AF comes they can out me on the meds and then put that embaby in there. At least there is no retrieval this time. They put 2 embryos in last time. Just really sad and bummed. Hoping to see good news here this and next month.
  • Options
    @joyzie77 Oh I am so sorry.  I was so hoping it would be positive.  Do they think they can tweak the meds for a better outcome with the FET?  I know you must feel so anxious and frustrated, but from what I've read on these boards, there can be better results from a FET.  Again, so sorry.  :-S
  • Options
    @Joyzie77 maybe it will be a good thing bc you won't have the stress of an er, waiting on fertilization results, etc :) stay positive!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @joyzie77 - I hope your little embaby is the lucky one!!  I'm glad they are able to tweak your protocol a little bit and hopefully that makes it sticky!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. You guys always know what to say. I'm ready to tackle a new cycle. I'm kit giving up that easy. :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry, @Joyzie77.  I've been following your IVF steps in the other board and will watch you go through your FET here. Keeping my FX for you!  Hoping the Sept/Oct group is passing on some of the preggo glitter to us!
  • Options
    Congrats to all the BFPs.
  • Options
    @Joyzie77 so sorry for your bfn . Hope your little snowflake sticks next time
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @Joyzie77. I hope your FET cycle is the one that sticks!

@erinscaren waiting is the worst!

@smitty18 I am wondering the same. My doctor prescribed crinone, but I hear oil is better. I've been trying to reach my doctor to ask him, but have had no luck. For some reason, my nurse isn't able to ask him for me. Really annoying!

So I found out today that the pharmacy my nurse sent my injectables to isn't covered by my insurance. I spent a good portion of the day calling the specialty pharmacy, which is in a different state, hoping my order will be processed ASAP and sent to me on Saturday. I'm supposed start stims on Sunday. I blame my nurse for this. She told told me she was going to place the order last Wednesday, if that's what she did then we would have figured this out sooner. I don't think she called the pharmacy until this past Tuesday, after I followed up with her, cuz that's when they contacted me. And why would she send it to another pharmacy when the meds I took for my IUI cycle also required the specialty pharmacy. UGH! My meds better get to me on time!

On a good note, I have my first acupuncture appointment tomorrow. I can't wait!
  • Options
    Enjoy your acupuncture @Rachd110!  And I hope your meds get here in time.  In my experience, they can overnight them, so I'm guessing it'll be fine.  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    @rachd110 I needed my meds to me by Tuesday morning for our appointment to have the nurse show us how to do the injections and they were called in on Friday. I basically freaked out the entire weekend but then they showed up bright and early Tuesday morning before our appointment which was at 11:45 :) Mine got shipped out Monday and my nurse said they have to do overnight shipping because some of the stuff has to be refrigerated. Not sure if yours works the same but it should get to you on time!

thejessicanicol.com

Me: 24 DH: 29

MFI: Low Morphology Low Count due to radiation

IVF with ICSI Round 1: November 2015

D&C January 2016

Anticipated FET April 2016

• Options
    @smitty18 I found this study about crinone vs oil injections. It may get put your mind at ease. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22188983/

• Options
    @rachd1100 Thank you so much! That was very thoughtful to provide that link. I trust things published on NIH too. I do feel a bit better about it.  I also believe that the doctors are motivated by their clinic's reported pregnancy percentages, so I believe they are doing everything they know how to give me the best chance for success.  I hope!

I had my first acupuncture last night.  It was weird and I felt like frankenstein with the needles in my ears! But after 15 minutes, I tried to relax, and almost fell asleep, so I guess it worked :)

Also, i learned yesterday that the clinics keep "emergency" meds in their offices.  I you don't get it in time, they should have a one day supply in office to tide you over. my nurse messed up my order too. Either they are too overloaded with patients or I have a dud. I'm not sure yet.

way to go @2mommiesforbaby!
    I hope you're doing ok today @joyzie77 Thinking of you!

I have my retrieval SUNDAY! It's getting real...