1st Trimester

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• I had at least 3 BFN's until I was about a week late on my period. Then I finally got a faint line and it's been getting darker ever since!
  • Took another couple tests last night and this morning (digital with FMU) as DH wanted to try another brand before going to the Dr. We are seeing the doctor in an hour!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I used a generic test from the dollar store....It was 5 days before my missed period and I didn't think it would be positive. It was a just in case test because I was going to start a strict diet and exercise program....well I got 2 bright purple solid lines on contact with urine which meant positive. I couldn't believe it. I was in shock!  Then I started doubting the accuracy of the test because of the price LOL. My SO made me wait until after my missed period for me to try a more expensive one...I bought a first response from CVS and again 2 solid pink lines on contact. No doubts after that!
  • I got a positive result from the same CVS test, but a negative from a FRER, same urine. Tested three days before my missed period. Not sure if I cant trust the blue dye. Any advice?

Me: 31

Him: 38

Married

• Here's mine!!! So so excited!!!
  • Took a clear blue test yesterday afternoon.. (AF should have been here Tuesday) it was negative. Took a new choice dollar store test this afternoon and faint line after 3 mins .. Not sure what to think.. I don't want to get my hopes up
  • I had taken two just out of my own personal denial. I took the Dirst Respone one first because I always kept those on hand. It was a sort of light pink line but it was a line! I took a clear blue one next with weeks on it. The picture is the Clear Blue one. It's pretty self explanatory which I really liked but they are kind of pricey.
  • I took a first response pregnancy test two days before my missed period and got a strong positive! Took a clear blue digital test the next day and it said pregnant 2-3 weeks. I have always used first response for all of my pregnancies. In my opinion it's the best!
  • Hey everyone! First picture is a clear blue test at 12 dpo. Second picture I took a test at 10 dpo (bottom picture also + on a digital this day) and 14 dpo day of AF (top picture)

• Positive tests! Pregnant with 2nd child.
  • edited August 2015
    Mine is the same thing, maybe we are just seeing things. :-S
  • Mine is the same thing, maybe we are just seeing things. 
    I see what your seeing. But I am not sure it's a faint line. Could be an evap line too. I would test again in a couple of days -- Good luck and FX! 
  • I might be hallucinating but I totally see a faint line that would make the plus sign on here. I'm hesitant to get excited since it's so so faint and might just be an evaporation line. This was taken 10 dpo and 3 days before my period, so very early. I'm going to retest tomorrow or the next day and see if it gets any darker. Thoughts??

• I might be hallucinating but I totally see a faint line that would make the plus sign on here. I'm hesitant to get excited since it's so so faint and might just be an evaporation line. This was taken 10 dpo and 3 days before my period, so very early. I'm going to retest tomorrow or the next day and see if it gets any darker. Thoughts??

That's a faint positive there

• Mine is the same thing, maybe we are just seeing things. 
    I see what your seeing. But I am not sure it's a faint line. Could be an evap line too. I would test again in a couple of days -- Good luck and FX! 

My period is due tomorrow, I just took the test because I had it laying around from last month, but I'm not going to test again until after my period is due, thanks
  • Sweet! Thanks for saying that. I hope you are right because it's what I want to believe so badly. I'm going to do a little research and find another brand to try tomorrow since some reviews of Clearblue complain about false positives...

I've heard people talk about dollar store brand so maybe that's the way to go.
  • Sweet! Thanks for saying that. I hope you are right because it's what I want to believe so badly. I'm going to do a little research and find another brand to try tomorrow since some reviews of Clearblue complain about false positives...

I've heard people talk about dollar store brand so maybe that's the way to go.
    I hope it isn't a false positive and you really are pregnant
  • Took a FRER this am. 5 days before AF. Kinda freaking out & hesitant. I can see the line, but DH is worried because it sooooo light. Not sure if I should wait again and test before I get my hopes up.
  • WBORDERS said:

Took a FRER this am. 5 days before AF. Kinda freaking out & hesitant. I can see the line, but DH is worried because it sooooo light. Not sure if I should wait again and test before I get my hopes up.

Test again in a few days for sure, levels should double every few days so you should have a darker line. As for this line, a line, even a faint one, is a positive. Keep testing for peace of mind but I say congrats :)
  • This was taken a day before my expected period
  • I did a cheap internet test (I forget what they're called, the ones that are basically just strips of paper) on Sunday evening because AF should have started that morning. Line was so superthin that I thought I imagined it and chucked the test in the trash. But now I see so many faint lines in this topic that give me hope, so I plan to retest tomorrow morning :)
  • Got my BFP early this morning! AF should have started yesterday and should be 4weeks3days. My husband was still sleeping, but I went to shake him awake and told him I wanted to talk to him. When he opened his eyes I just showed him the test and he said matter of factly, "you're preggers." I hate that he used that word...but he did! Lol
  • emiller8412emiller8412 member
    edited August 2015
    I wasn't expecting a positive test since I spotted on the day my period was due (I actually had a beer that night.... and then next day :(    The spotting only lasted that morning so I gave it another two days, when nothing came I had the $0.99 test from Walmart- again not expecting anything.   The line was so faint, at first, I started screaming in my head "IS THAT POSITIVE?! OR NOT?!"  So I had an EPT as well - I ripped it open and tried it. Positive :)

I had another friend who was pregnant and it didn't show until almost 2 weeks past her period date- but she never got a period so that was her big clue. GOOD LUCK
  • KKlinedinst15KKlinedinst15 member
    edited August 2015
    I wasn't expecting a positive, so I had to keep checking to make sure it wasn't a faulty test. We are beyond excited for our first child!
  • I took two cheapy tests Monday, because I was about a week late. After coming back from out of town, I took another two on Wednesday, to make sure I wasn't getting too ahead of myself haha. This time it was clear blue. I'm really excited, but I don't think it fully set in for me and my hubby. It's so new, I'm making an appt asap.
  • I used the ClearBlue Plus and Digital with Weeks Estimator on separate days and different time of the day just to make sure. Both came back positive. Glad the digital spells it out for you and it was as soon as I peed did they turn.
  • I used the dollar store tests. I tested four days before my missed period and still got a definite line!
  • Ah, still so surreal!!!
  • I am pregnant with number three after a loss in April..we weren't actively ttcing so I am not 100% sure of dpo, but I am guessing the first one was 11 dpo, went to the IF doc yesterday and my beta was 24.8, and I tested this morning with SMU with a rapid response FRER (which has a higher threshold for sensistitivtity), which I believe puts me at 13 dpo and it is darker...so I hoping my numbers are going up!  This is my fifth pregnancy and I hope this baby sticks around for 9 months!
  • 9 DPO (two FRERs and a cheapie). Faint, but positive!
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• The first response one I took two days before the clear blue and all of them showed positive instantly :) I cried each time. I kept looking at them all day for like a week, just, "is it really real?" Super excited!
  • Funny story about my BFP this time around. I took a FRER when I was 1 day late...waited a few minutes(took a pic)....no 2nd line....threw it in the trash. The next morning I was getting ready and threw something away in the garbage can and the test was sitting on the top with TWO LINES. I went to the store the next day and took a clear blue test that night.....BFP. So......I guess you need to wait the FULL amount of time before calling it a BFN? Attached picture is maybe 5 minutes after taking the test. Maybe now looking at it again I can see a faint line?
    Me: 32 DH: 35
    Married 12/7/07
    DD: Born 1/2/14 
    Baby #2 EDD 5/6/16

• NeciaD said:
    Funny story about my BFP this time around. I took a FRER when I was 1 day late...waited a few minutes(took a pic)....no 2nd line....threw it in the trash. The next morning I was getting ready and threw something away in the garbage can and the test was sitting on the top with TWO LINES. I went to the store the next day and took a clear blue test that night.....BFP. So......I guess you need to wait the FULL amount of time before calling it a BFN? Attached picture is maybe 5 minutes after taking the test. Maybe now looking at it again I can see a faint line?
    I see the line :)
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• I cant believe I am posting pee sticks on line at 4:45 am...urg

Yesterday took a blue dye. VERY faint line.  Followed that up with 2 digitals. First one was BFP, second was BFN (hoping that was due to diluted urine)

POAS at 4:00 this morning. Another very faint line. I cant take another day of not knowing. I feel like I am making myself see something. Am I nuts?

Side note- I have been SOOOO thirsty and must have peed 15 times yesterday from drinking so much water. Could that effect the levels in my urine, which is resulting in too very clear tests?

cat fail animated GIF

• yogahh said:

I cant believe I am posting pee sticks on line at 4:45 am...urg

Yesterday took a blue dye. VERY faint line.  Followed that up with 2 digitals. First one was BFP, second was BFN (hoping that was due to diluted urine)

POAS at 4:00 this morning. Another very faint line. I cant take another day of not knowing. I feel like I am making myself see something. Am I nuts?

Side note- I have been SOOOO thirsty and must have peed 15 times yesterday from drinking so much water. Could that effect the levels in my urine, which is resulting in too very clear tests?

I see a line on both, but I recommend getting a FRER and testing with FMU.
  • The lines are faint but there! image