1st Trimester
Options

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• Options
    Thanks @laurenm2123! Got a blood test done at the doctor and they confirmed! Looks like our due dates will be close together! Good luck!!
  • Options
    Woo! Just found out ! Here's what it looks like!! :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is this a positive test? I'm approx 27 dpo and took my last test 10/1 (-) so simply stopped thinking about it but no period in sight so did one this afternoon and....?!!
    I am posting two pics of same test (target up/up brand)
  • Options
    @maxandcatherine - yep that is a positive. Congrats!
  • Options
    Here is the one I just got Friday night. Peed in a second one the next morning just to be sure. I was 11 and 12 DPO

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mrstmoose thank you!!! Wow, crazy that this is reality.....woohoo!
  • Options
    Took a second one (now four hours later) and yes......BFP! I'm in shock! I am away for work and won't be home to see my husband until tomorrow night!! The little restaurant where we had our first date just reopened....I'm thinking of proposing a dinner date and doing the big reveal then. :)
  • Options
    I took a first response and got one bold pink line and one faint pink line. I made my husband run to the store and by a digital e.p.t test. Took it about two hours after first response and got a pregnant. That was yesterday and by my calculations I believe I'm 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Here are mine. Sadly the happiness of these have ended with bad news as I have suffered a blighted ovum. Still confused how your body can think it is pregnant without a baby :(
  • Options
    goldie987goldie987 member
    edited October 2015
    I'm still in disbelief. I convinced myself that the wandfos were evaps, not positives but FRER doesn't lie, especially 1 minute in, right?

Eta- I'm only 11dpo so faint is expected.
  • Options
    Cheepie dollar tree
    Looks negative to me?
  • Options
    Cheepie dollar tree
    Looks negative to me?

I'd say faint positive, or possibly evap.  I'd try a better test, @NadiaWatson.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    First faint positive on Answer brand at 9 DPO, then positive digital at 10 DPO. Currently 4w4d and anxiously awaiting my first appointment at 8 weeks.

Me: 27

DH: 29

Married: April 2013

NTNP: September 2015

• Options
    Is this a positive ?
  • Options
    I used first response 3 days before my missed period! Bfp (:
  • Options
    Would you call this positive? FR digital said negative this morning but I keep getting faint FRER. Any feedback is appreciated!image
  • Options
    ella26 said:
    Would you call this positive? FR digital said negative this morning but I keep getting faint FRER. Any feedback is appreciated!image
    Looks positive to me.....
  • Options
    ella26ella26 member
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    ella26 said:
    thanks @fourtsixand2  [-O<
    Of course, give it a try in a few more days. The tests say a faint positive it a positive.  I definitely see a line and suspect you may be very early on.
  • Options
    ella26 said:

Looks positive. Test again with digital in a few day. :)

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 9dpo and have been nauseous all day so I decided to test and got this!! Will test in a couple days to be sure but I'm so excited! My husband doesn't believe that it's positive lol
  • Options
    @MrsB8214 I deffinitly see a line congrats!!!
  • Options
    @ella26 thank you!! I'm glad I'm not just seeing things! Definitely need to get a digital to convince DH :)
  • Options
    I feel like I see a line. Does anyone else?
  • Options
    bdmccoy said:

I don't see a line...
  • Options
    bdmccoy said:
    I don't see a line either, I'd wait a day or two and take another test. 
  • Options
    goldie987goldie987 member
    edited October 2015
    bdmccoy said:
    If I turn my head just right maybe, but it also could be an evap with how faint it is or I could just have line eyes after scrutinizing my own tests early on. How long after taking the test did you take this picture?  In all reality, wait 2-3 days and take another test if AF doesn't show.  HcG doubles every 2-3 days so if you are KU, then you should see a line in 2-3 days.  My first FRER was faint at 11 dpo, but my second one at 12 dpo was unmistakable.  
  • Options
    3 weeks 1 day 10 dpo
  • Options
    bdmccoy said:

I can't see one. Test again in a few days. Good luck!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Does this look like a healthy progression? First is 11dpo, 2nd is 12 dpo, 3rd is 14 dpo, all with FMU.
  • Options
    Love that this post isn't filled with trolls
  • Options
    Love that this post isn't filled with trolls

Passive Aggressive comments like this A. arent going to do you any good and B. wont be noticed or really responded to on this thread since many people don't really visit it unless they're looking for feedback on their pregnancy tests.
  • Options

Does this look like a healthy progression? First is 11dpo, 2nd is 12 dpo, 3rd is 14 dpo, all with FMU.

Like darkness isn't a measure of HCG, but of how much dye is in the test. There doesn't need to be "progression" on a HPT.

Also, how do you know @maegancarey was being sarcastic? Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't, but there isn't exactly a sarcasm font.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Like darkness isn't a measure of HCG, but of how much dye is in the test. There doesn't need to be "progression" on a HPT.

Also, how do you know @maegancarey was being sarcastic? Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't, but there isn't exactly a sarcasm font.
    I didnt say sarcastic, I said passive aggressive. She started another thread that her comment here was a tangent off of so she jumped to this thread since hers, in her opinion, had been taken over by trolls. She DD the initial thread info and changed it multiple times before abandoning the thread completely.

As to your response, hcg is supposed to increase rapidly in the early first tri, enough that you can see a discernable increase in line darkness despite minor differences in dye amount per test. That's all I was asking, if it looked like it was darkening at the right rate. I'm still in the " could turn into a chemical pregnancy" phase so I'm a bit neurotic about making sure hcg is going up, as that is a sign of a progressing pregnancy.
  • Options
    All of these are at 13dpo. I used two clearblues, one FRER, and one digi FRER. All came up positive except the digital. I don't really care though because all my BFP's have been on cheapie blue dye tests (usually the store brands). Also, I don't know when I o'd since my last period was my first period after an mmc in August, so these could be earlier results than I think. image
  • Options
    Got my BFP this morning. 2 days after AF was supposed to be here. 2 are very faint but the frer is a little darker!
  • Options
    I took a dollar tree test the day after my period was supposed to start--usually I would wait longer but we had some drinking acvities planned so I wanted to try and be sure I was not pregnant.  I took it and got the first photo--a super faint line.  I thought okay, lets try a more senstive one tomorrow to double check.  So I got the pink box, First Response 6 days before missed period and got the second picture.  Pretty straight forward line.  Needless to say I did not partake in said activites
  • Options
    Here are mine. All Wondfos. Starting with 10 DPO at the top all through 18 DPO at the bottom. Nice dark double lines at the end :)
      Anniversary

• Options
    Here were mine. These were the first day of testing. No doubting for me and we weren't trying. I am currently 10 weeks