April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    poru said:

When booking a flight do you include LO as the 0-14 option? Or do you just book 1 adult and show up with baby?

Just show up wih baby but check him in at the desk to secure a lap child ticket.
    Really? We had to book, had to pay some kind of tax, it was like 30$. When we booked it asked kids age and when we put under 1 it asks for seat or lap and we picked lap.
  • Options
    When booking a flight do you include LO as the 0-14 option? Or do you just book 1 adult and show up with baby?
    Some airlines want different things.  I had to book and then call them to let them know I have a lap baby.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @celticlullaby‌ Sorry, you don't need to apologize. I promise I have those kinds of thoughts regardless of what I hear throughout the day. My sadness was for her and her baby, and I hoped that the baby wasn't alone for hours and hours. Obviously he's okay now and doesn't remember any of it (I hope!), but it was just one of those, "if it could happen, it could happen to anyone, even me" kind of things.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    kegels
  • Options

My baby goes insane with happiness when "All About That Bass" or "Shake It Off" comes on the radio. And when he sees the Hershey's chocolate commercial with the ringing candy bells that's been on since I was a kid. This age is so fun!

Taylor Swift and her catchy songs... Isla LOVES when Shake It off comes on too!
  • Options

My baby goes insane with happiness when "All About That Bass" or "Shake It Off" comes on the radio. And when he sees the Hershey's chocolate commercial with the ringing candy bells that's been on since I was a kid. This age is so fun!

Shake it off if Shea's favourite! He goes from screaming to happy in no time flaf when it plays
  • Options

hlm184 said:
    My husband apparently ordered me a Christmas present from Destination Maternity.   :-?
    bras???
  • Options
    Kegels ?
  • Options
    lokimau said:

hlm184 said:
    My husband apparently ordered me a Christmas present from Destination Maternity.   :-?
    bras???
    There's no way he knows my size!
  • Options
    DS cut a tooth Wednesday, possibly Tuesday and I just didn't notice until then, but anyway he STILL has diarrhea. At what point do I not chalk this up to teething anymore? I'm not really worried and he's eating fine, don't think he is dehydrated or anything but man, this diaper rash is awful and his butt never gets a break. :( I let him have some diaper free time and he pooped everywhere heh
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    @MrsStanton87‌ I would book it without including the baby and call that's what we did they have to make sure only one lap child per row and if they need you to do anything else they will fix it.
  • Options
    If it's from Destination Maternity could it be pajamas?  Because let's be real, I would still totally rock a lot of the comfy pajamas they sell there.
  • Options
    hordol said:
    DS cut a tooth Wednesday, possibly Tuesday and I just didn't notice until then, but anyway he STILL has diarrhea. At what point do I not chalk this up to teething anymore? I'm not really worried and he's eating fine, don't think he is dehydrated or anything but man, this diaper rash is awful and his butt never gets a break. :( I let him have some diaper free time and he pooped everywhere heh
    poor guy. I'd maybe just call the Nurse Line and get their take? It seems like we constantly battle diaper rash  - it's miserable
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options
    I just need to vent. And I don't expected anyone to read, I just need to get it out, and typing it out of my mind seems to be the only way I can right now.

My son was standing in his crib yesterday and he bonked it mouth on the top rail. He bled from his lip that he cracked. Then, after fixing a clogged drain in the kitchen, he stuck his hand in the heater and burned it. I just feel like "mother of the year". I've been in contact with his doctor and am following all instructions. Last night, I wanted to set up the train we got for the kids for christmas, so they would have time to enjoy it. DH was opposed to the idea because it was a work night. I didn't understand what the big deal was and he got all sorts of pissy. He won't speak to me. i'm like what the fuck?! I also set an appointment up for my dad to have his breaks done because they're so bad he's using his e-brake to stop. I got his financing set up and everything so that his car is in and out today. He won't answer my phone calls and is completely avoiding the situation and not doing anything to help himself. I feel like shitty mom, a bad wife, and a bad daughter. I couldn't please shit today. Some days you just never feel good enough.

Ugh.
  • Options
    Thanks, @ooopsbaby14. Atleast DH just called on his lunch break to tell me sorry for being a giant douche over a stupid train. Then he told me to cheer up and I completely lost it in tears. I'll be okay, and Gavin will be okay. I am glad I got advice from his doctor. She gave me her personal number in case I have concerns over the weekend. Fudge.
  • Options
    @kseccomb17‌ I agree with @Ooopsbaby14‌! I was watching my nephew when he burned his hand on a sparkler (my sister told me to take one even though I didn't want one since I had him). I know how scary it is, and I felt terrible about it. But we can't keep them in a bubble forever. I know I will feel terrible when these things happen to DD, but we have to remember that. I'm sorry you're trying to help your dad and he's not being receptive
  • Options
    JessimaxJessimax member
    edited December 2014

smushi said:

So how tacky is it that if we had had a girl, we were seriously considering naming her Aurelia, after my favorite movie?

Not tacky at all...in fact, my SIL's name is Aurelia. :)
    Yah Katniss is tacky but Aurelia is a real name. You're fine.
  • Options
    I'm so frustrated right now. DH worked Sunday so he's supposed to have today off, so I scheduled myself a Dr appt for this afternoon. His work said they needed him to come in to do training today but he'd definitely be off in time for my appt. He called a half hour ago, he just got out of a meeting on the other side of town, has to run by his office and then he will be home. My appt is in 15 minutes, he's not going to be home anywhere near then, so I'm about to wake both boys up from nap and take them with me. I just want to go to one dr appt alone, why is that so difficult?
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:

@Tferr02‌ Can he meet you at the dr instead and take the boys there?

Yeah that's what he did, he just picked them up. I was just frustrated that I had to wake them up, load them up and all that. I miss just leaving the house without loading up a child or two. Even when I run errands on the weekend I always take a child with me because he stresses out about having both of them at once.
  • Options
    And I didn't get to see the doctor because DH forgot to update me in Tricare and DEERS so I showed up as out of region. This was just awesome
  • Options
    I miss @jellysparkles‌ it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    I flippin hate Enterprise. That is all.
    image    image

• Options
    MrsW26 said:
    DD got her bloodwork today. She was so upset it was heartbreaking :( but she got over it with some snuggles and babywearing and now I'm letting her nap on me. Problem is, I forgot to pee first. Kid you look adorable and haven't napped all day, but please wake up!
    I know. I was in tears when they were doing Aryssa's bloodwork
  • Options
    So, anyone know when doctors begin considering certain things as signs of autism? Not freaking myself out, here, just keeping it in mind since DH has a cousin who's autistic.

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    MrsW26 said:
    @lokimau‌ did you ever get the results? They told us 24-48 hours. @macgrs‌ Holy crap! That's crazy. The nurse messed up the first time so had to go into her other arm. Poor kid got stuck twice. So I found a formula DD will take (Similac Advance) but so far, she won't take it after nursing as a supplement like the pedi wants us to do. She's just not hungry and I can't force it. I gave her 3oz before bed which she took no problem. Now I'm worried that wasn't enough formula though and she'll be even hungrier, totally defeating the purpose. This is all so frustrating! But I noticed on the nights I work, she takes a 3oz breast milk bottle before bed and sleeps till 3am which is her only MOTN feeding. On the weekends when I nurse her all day, she's usually up by 11:30, then 3, then 5:30 to eat. Huge difference! I guess we'll just wait and see what time she wakes up to eat tonight, and I'll keep pumping, and pumping, and pumping. Ugh.
    not yet. they wanted us to do stool and urine samples too. i havent turned those in with everything that has been going on with DH's dad. i have frozen baby poop in the freezer :)
  • Options
    For those who's LOs have teeth. How high ( if at all ) did their fever get ?? LO just spiked a fever if 102 no other symptoms that I'm aware of .. Just trying to figure out if it's teething or something worse :(
  • Options

S eats solids twice a day and is EBF. He still has BF poops. Anyone else? I'm not complaining, but I fully expected solids poops by now.

Edit is, not us.

Edolie was having solid poops way before eating solids. Still don't understand what happened.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    @Vjlewis07‌ when caroline started getting her top teeth, she got up to 101. She was also having diarrhea and more spitting up than usual. We couldn't tell if it was just the teeth or a tummy bug too. If it stays at 102 after giving a fever reducer I would call the doc.
  • Options
    We call it the 3 B's- bath, boob, bed.
  • Options
    @MrsStanton87‌ I have the opposite problem. DS seems to get easily constipated with solids. It's like old man poop. I never thought I'd ever miss EBF poop!
  • Options
    @Vjlewis07‌ we have six teeth now, the worst teething fever we have had was 99ish and it responded to Tylenol immediately. I would consider anything over 100 worth calling the pediatrician over and not to be readily dismissed as just teething.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"