April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options

Our dog just killed yet another vacuum. That makes four in the last two years. We had ceramic tile and hardwood floors when we adopted her but this house has carpet everywhere. She's part husky and the shedding is ridiculous sometimes! Never again will I have carpet!!

Side note- any pet owners have a vacuum they love??

My dog is part Husky too. We have the Dyson Animal. Kinds pricey but totally worth it. It also has a warrenty and depending on what breaks, you can take it to an authorized repair place and they fix for free.
  • Options
    So sorry @RedDawnsRevenge‌ ((hugs))
    @jodibolivar‌ I Love my Shark Professional :) less pricy and I think it works better than a dyson personally.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH rearranged my kitchen. I'm not thrilled about his new "more practical" arrangement. If he were the main cook in the house then I wouldn't mind but he doesn't cook a dang thing!
  • Options
    SarahL2P said:

Hi RTT! Don't post often but just wanted to suggest taking your LO to swimming classes if you aren't already. We had our first class tonight (and turns out we're the only ones registered, so it's like a personal class!) and DS absolutely loved it. So much fun! Plus he passed out instantly after the class on the way home, so it's also a great nap inducer!

Yes! I plan on taking DS to these around 6mo just so we have something to do together.
  • Options
    Yes! We have a Dyson DC40 and love it for cat hair. I also use a Bissell Pet Hair Eraser handheld for spot cleaning area rugs and quick hair pick ups. 
  • Options
    @jodibolivar‌ - another vote for the Dyson Animal. We have 4 cats and no other vacuum has lasted more than a year. We are 3 years and going strong with the Animal.

@RedDawnsRevenge‌ - I'm so angry for you. I have no advice that PPs haven't given but I hope your D(amn)H gets his head out of his ass and gets his priorities straight.
  • Options
    honeyzoo said:

@reddawnsrevenge & others for the husband-fleeing trip:

www.aprivateisland.com

:D

When do we leave!
  • Options
    Kids are asleep. Now to clean the house since MIL will visit tomorrow and I know she judges me. And reports back to DH. If he's coming home to be a SAHD again than shit had best be spotless. Then to apply for all the jobs. And finish a million Xmas stockings.
  • Options
    Sorry you ladies have DH's that can't get with it. Mine was an ass this morning then realized he was a jerk and apologized. Took dd to the fair tonight. She slept in the k'tan for most of it. I'm beginning to think her room is too quiet at night. She sleeps the best with loud noise. Is that even a thing? Also, hibachi fried rice is happening on Thursday with a friend!!!
    If she has trouble sleeping in her quiet room, you should try a white noise machine.  It worked great with DS!
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    Springs131Springs131 member
    edited September 2014
    What was the name of that ranch person? Springs1? I swear to god it's one of my Facebook friends. THREE DAYS IN A ROW he's had bad service and by bad service I mean he got regular tea and not sweet tea. Or he got less rice that the person next to him at hibachi. And he HAS complained about ranch dressing.
    I am a woman, so NO, that's NOT ME! I don't even have facebook even.  Regular tea instead of non-sweet tea while it's not so bad of service by any means, if that person is a diabetic it can be bad issue for that person.  At Hibachi, my complaint is the chefs don't go in order like your party of 2 gets seated BEFORE this next group, which they order rice too with their meals, they end up getting served rice BEFORE us, which is the people that were here FIRST. THAT is my complaint about Hibatchi.  It's NOT FAIR!  People should get served in the order in which they ordered if it's the SAME food, made the SAME WAY. 

I would say that's not 20% service to get regular tea instead of sweet tea, but it's certainly not anywhere near "bad" service.  I more have problems with servers not TRYING their best, NOT with actual real mistakes and have problems with servers that want control as well as servers that have no common sense to speak of. A good example would be they refuse to write your order down, they get several things that are obvious wrong with it because they didn't want to even TRY to get it right.  Servers that are deciding everything I want without asking first like giving me my check when I wanted to order something else, bringing me water when I don't want water, etc.

I would say bad service is more when the server is rude and/or isn't trying their best at all, so they get a lot wrong.

• Options
    Oh good, she's back! Now who was it who had an AE they were sitting on???

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    I thought AE until I googled....
  • Options
    We use a white noise machine already. I'm thinking maybe I don't have it on loud enough for her? This weirdo takes terrible naps at home (with the ocean playing in the background) and two hour naps in the k'tan while walking around the fair/at hs football games.

This is where she is like her dad. I need perfect silence to sleep. He would sleep through an atomic bomb.
  • Options
    and you lovetited???
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    Looks like she has been sitting on this for a while.  Joined in May and this is her first post.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    Twirple said:
    Looks like she has been sitting on this for a while.  Joined in May and this is her first post.
    I was just thinking that lol
  • Options
    and you lovetited???
    Hey, crazy is entertaining!
    Touche!
  • Options
    @RedDawnsRevenge‌ I'm so sorry about what you're going through with your husband. I have no advice but I admire that your concern is making the necessary changes. Hopefully he'll snap into reality when he realizes that his family's livelihood was compromised by his actions. Whatever the outcome I just hope things workout. I know you know this already but your job is very worthy and you're a hero for doing it. (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    You guise I got so excited about crispy bacon and ranch dressing that I decided to make a restaurant pet peeve poll. You should totes check it out.
  • Options
    I just got out of bed to have a pb&j sandwich because hungry.... Anyway, it made me sad because Dylan's dad and I would do that when we'd get hungry if we couldn't sleep. I can't say I don't miss him.
  • Options
    She has a different "speech pattern" than the first springs1 we met. It's rambly but not constantly the same.

Yeah, I think it's an impersonator.
  • Options
    Sending A14 job juju @RedDawnsRevenge!
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    image  image image

• Options
    @RedDawnsRevenge Just caught up. Sending you lots of love and prayers, lady. 
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    @knotty-girl‌ You have a private message, my dear.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    Relationships are hard. MH and I have argued so much since DS was born. Makes me question all my past decisions.
  • Options
    DS is going to the allergist today to see why his eczema isn't getting better with a steroid cream and to see if he needs a more specialized formula (already on alimentum). I am so nervous for the scratch tests. I feel so bad for my little guy. Plus, it's a 2-3hr appt so he's probably going to lose his shit half way in because he needs a nap. Ugh! I need some good A14 juju.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"