April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    Mom Vent:
    This is my mom's first grandchild, so I get that she is excited. I'm glad that she wants to be there and be helpful and stuff. The thing is she is going out of town on business the week before I'm due only to come back the day before April 8. I'm scheduled for an induction April 10th if baby is not here yet. I told her yesterday that I REALLY don't want a medical induction and started researching natural ways to induce labor so if it comes to week 39 and baby isn't here I can try to get the process going to have baby as naturally as possible (acupuncture, massage etc) She informs me that under no circumstance am I to go into labor until the 9th. Not in a joking way, in a very serious way. Um no. #1 baby will come when she is ready, #2 if i choose to do natural induction over medical induction I  don't have that much control over when she comes, # 3 I'm not the one who agreed to go to a conference when anyone in your office could have gone the week before your grandchild is going to be here!
    end rant.

June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't want to go to work after this glucose test! I'm hoping the next half hour or so goes by quickly, so I can leave labcorp and get on with my day. DH finished painting the nursery last night and I am anxious to take the tape off and see how everything looks!

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MamamonzoMamamonzo member
    edited January 2014
    TallaB said:

Mamamonzo said:

I've been taking a sleep aid to help me sleep every night. I just went to the fridge for a slice of my sub... It's gone. I must have had it in the middle of the night......I don't remember that at all. @-)

LOL. Sleep eating! That's awesome !  (Unless someone ELSE ate it and blamed your sleep aid..not cool!)

Problem is.. I call it my sub, but it was actually DH's. Oops. The only reason I'll get away with this is because I'm cooking his baby!

ETA: I suppose it could have been our ghost Harry...

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    snmetz7 said:

Mamamonzo said:

thomas930 said:

snmetz7 said:

I officially have no underwear that fit!! ugh to walmart I go

I'm having underwear issues too...but only that all mine has seemed to gone missing  :-/
    I don't have enough! I change like 6 times a day to keep fresh!

I think my ass has been growing right along with my bump and ones that were working are now cutting into me! :( I'm just going to go buy a bunch of cheap ones to make it through the next 10 weeks.

Yeah- I bought a package of cheap ones one size up. Not good enough- they are too tight too. And so ugly.

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• Options
    I don't know why but my new computer makes me hit the <> before I type or it says my message is empty, and when I quote it leaves what I typed blank. its driving me nuts!!!!! so I would like to apologize for the blank quotes. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong please let me know.
    This happens to me in the new explorer browser. Switch to chrome or firefox and your problem should be solved. You can still use IE if you hit the <> button on the toolbar above the reply box. That will show the source code for the quote box, just hit enter to go underneath and start tying. At least that works for me.
  • Options
    thomas930 said:

I don't know why but my new computer makes me hit the <> before I type or it says my message is empty, and when I quote it leaves what I typed blank. its driving me nuts!!!!! so I would like to apologize for the blank quotes. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong please let me know.

What browser are you using?

Internet explorer
    photo 312e02a9-ef9a-4648-8979-09b4ab630d04_zpsa744d068-1.jpgphoto 26efec1e-a9a8-4abc-adae-e4ac57e9ed07_zpscb2707ed.jpgimagephoto 6de80a6c-9b11-48ea-934b-3d2f0e56825f_zps84077925.jpg photo bea969e4-3c22-42e7-af6a-f4e3450c2fd7_zps664ddd2f.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy%20ticker
    imagephoto b971e7ea-a08a-41e0-bdee-a8d0f48bb027_zps8d92a1f9.png
  • Options
    You know that think where you're massively craving one thing for a few days and you want to run out and buy tons of it? I'm trying to avoid that with oranges. Inevitably, the craving turns to something else. And then its a waste. 
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    I think Peanut is having a growth spurt.  He went into spaz baby mode on Saturday and tried to punch and kick his way out for most of the evening and into Sunday.  I woke up today STARVING, which never happens.  I'm lucky if I even get hungry most days. I'm hungry again already and I still have another hour to go until I was planning on getting lunch...

• Options
    I had no idea how big of a deal it was to my family that I'm having a baby. My big sister and one of my aunts plans on flying in from NY and my other aunt plans on flying in from Arizona. My mom told me this morning that my sisters are bumping heads about my shower date because they're trying to host it as close to my due date as possible so everyone can be here and my twin is like "Deidre may have the damn baby before the shower". My mom is planning some huge party in celebration of the baby for soon after he/she's born before everyone goes back home and I feel like everyone is forgetting that I'M the one that's pregnant. I feel like my entire family is making this while thing about them. How could my mom think that I'd want to be out of my house so soon after having a baby? I'm also annoyed that my mother plans on having this party because I specifically told her that I was planning a sip and see when the baby is 2 months old! I'm annoyed at that and probably won't even have the sip and see which I was really excited about.
    End rant
  • Options
    What browser are you using?
    Internet explorer
    Then like fireflygirl suggested you'll want to switch to Chrome or Firefox to not have to do that anymore. IE has been having issues for a while now. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    eireyeseireyes member
    edited January 2014
    AAAGH!! I can't stand dealing with stupid people.  

My insurance adjuster isn't in the office Sun-Tue, and I can't schedule my car with a different body shop than the one they provided until I talk to them.  The body shop my insurance suggested (my DH used this shop when his car was backed into, and had issues with them not calling like they were supposed to) tried to contact me by calling my husband's office - not the phone numbers I gave the insurance company.:-O X(

WHAT THE HELL?! It's a good thing my car is completely drive-able and not in bad shape at all, or I'd really be coming unglued. I'm going to be a ragey bitch when I finally talk to someone.

• Options
    @jennypenny1014 Good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck Jenny!!!
  • Options

My maternity pants are getting too tight. I have 2 pair that I loved in the beginning that I got at ON but the last few days they are too tight on my bump and my butt. The elastic is also wearing out so now they won't stay up. I am going to have to go buy more and I hate to with only 10 weeks to go. I am sure I will wear them some after baby too.....

I'm in the same boat! I sucked it up and bought some more pants from ON. And they were a size up. Boo! They just better be worth it!
  • Options
    Good luck @jennypenny1014!

Word of advice, @LoriMc12-- the leftover chilis in adobo sauce can be frozen!  I never use the whole can and it seems like such a waste to throw them out, so freezing is awesome.

I am quite pleased with my snow day so far.  Great episode of Downton over a nice big bowl of Cinnamon Life cereal.  Applied for my unemployment benefits which are on hold thanks to my ex-employer.  D-bags.  My finger hasn't fallen off yet and the bleeding finally stopped--now I'm in the process of applying Neosporin every hour and hoping things heal up soon.  It's amazing how handicapped a person becomes when a thumb goes out of commission.  Mobile bumping and cooking are insanely difficult!  LOL
  • Options
    Good luck @jennypenny1014! You'll knock their socks off :)

• Options
    On my way to a job interview... It's not an ideal job and it doesn't pay as much as we need, but right now something is better than nothing! Wish me luck!
    You'll rock it, girl!  Wooo!!!
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    AAAGH!! I can't stand dealing with stupid people.  

My insurance adjuster isn't in the office Sun-Tue, and I can't schedule my car with a different body shop than the one they provided until I talk to them.  The body shop my insurance suggested (my DH used this shop when his car was backed into, and had issues with them not calling like they were supposed to) tried to contact me by calling my husband's office - not the phone numbers I gave the insurance company.:-O X(

WHAT THE HELL?! It's a good thing my car is completely drive-able and not in bad shape at all, or I'd really be coming unglued. I'm going to be a ragey bitch when I finally talk to someone.
    The most frustrating.  I am sorry.  Car issues are so annoying.  Good luck!

• Options
    Good luck @jennypenny1014

This is random, but I forgot I installed this in my browser https://downworthy.snipe.net/ and I was wondering why so many of you kept writing "Oh GOD This is SO Boring. Please Kill Me" until I fiiinally remembered I installed it and it just might be related.

• Options
    Good luck @jennypenny1014!  

I agree, @KimC85, the time has really flown by!  It's hard to believe that some of us are in the single digits as far as how many weeks we have left.  I can't wait to see all the cute A14 babies.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    FTM's take note of the crazy: My son just climbed into his newly converted toddler and put himself to sleep. You would think he cured cancer the way I'm celebrating and going on about it, I am SO PROUD!!! This will be you soon enough when baby rolls over. Sits on their own. SMILES (and you're mostly certain it's not just gas).
    That's amazing!  Congratulations!!!  Eek, can't wait!

• Options
    @ColleenSwerb that's a big deal. You have yourself an awesome toddler!
  • Options
    @colleenswerb I'm so impressed and jealous! I need to make the switch for my son but I am dreading it. He's such a good sleeper and I'm so worried about messing that up.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you need to change your "maiden name" before filing taxes?  My husband is changing his last name per our marriage license, and hasn't gotten to the Social Security office yet, so all of his W2's are coming to us as his old last name.  I'm wondering if it'll be smarter to wait until AFTER we files taxes to do all the name change stuff, or try to do it now?
  • Options

Finally getting around to changing my last name to my husband's. I've been at the social security office for almost 2 hours and it looks like I've got one more to go. All these things I do for my husband...

This is the worst part of getting married IMO! I had to switch my name and the state my id was in. Took me two days and 8 hours. OK has this stupid system and I had to go to three different places.
  • Options
    MamamonzoMamamonzo member
    edited January 2014
    Stace0616 said:

Does anyone know if you need to change your "maiden name" before filing taxes?  My husband is changing his last name per our marriage license, and hasn't gotten to the Social Security office yet, so all of his W2's are coming to us as his old last name.  I'm wondering if it'll be smarter to wait until AFTER we files taxes to do all the name change stuff, or try to do it now?

I changed my last name on my DL but am just now getting to my SS#. You can do that online and not have to go to the office it takes like 10 days. We got married July of 2012 and filed last year together with no issues

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"