April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    DH is going on a low carb high protein diet starting monday. Dinners will be interesting around here. All I seem to want is pasta and garlic bread for dinner and he's talking steak and more steak. :(
    Mine is on a low-carb diet too.  We tend to take turns making dinner and if one of us doesn't like what the other is making, we just make two dinners!  More for me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Megczapla said:

The postpartum necessities thread scares me. I just got really hot and nauseous reading it. Boy am I in for a rude awakening! I'm not worried about L&D it's all the postpartum stuff that has got me freaking the f out.

RIGHT!!! And that link someone posted yesterday of the healing process
  • Options
    Feeling so accomplished this weekend! Not only did I organize LO closet yesterday, but this morning my DH moved our son's car seat and put the infant base in and I've cleaned out our big diaper bag and put some diapers in it. This afternoon, cloth diapering class to decide if we want to do it!
  • Options
    speechie517speechie517 member
    edited January 2014
    @jellysparkles I like that way of thinking of the recovery stuff "pampering". 

**caution: name question below**

What do you all think of the middle name Therese as an ode to Teresa? My mom's middle name was Teresa and I want to honor her memory, but don't like how Teresa sounds with one of the first names we are considering. We are also throwing around Elise as an idea since it has a similar sound pattern. The flow would be:

Blair Therese three syllable last (ends in y)
    Blair Elise three syllable last (ends in y)

The other option we are throwing around is Catherine Paige
  • Options
    @speechie517 - I think Therese is very pretty, but it's hard to say without knowing the first name you have picked!
  • Options
    @megla edited to include first name.
  • Options
    What am I missing? Is my pregnancy brain preventing me from seeing the first name? I would not be surprised. :)
  • Options
    @megla, maybe the edit hasn't shown up yet?
  • Options
    I see it now! :)

I prefer the way Blair Elise sounds, but I love family names and I think Blair Therese is lovely. I would definitely go with that, since it is after your mom :) And I like that it is a little bit different. We are doing something similar - our LO's name will be Jack Pierre. My father's name is Peter, and Pierre is the french version of Peter. 
  • Options
    I love my dogs, and normally I love snuggling with them, but I have zero patience for them this past week. My pit bull will not stay away from me, he has to be touching me at all times, which is especially annoying when he's sleeping on the bed with me. And the little dog won't get out of my face (literally jumps on the couch and dangles the toy in my face) with his damn smelly rope toys. I just want to relax dammit!!!
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Options
    I flipped out on the little dog the one night because he kept trying to bring his toy into the bedroom which is against the rules. I screamed at him like an angry gorilla. In my defense it was like 12:30am, I had just driven for an hour and I was exhausted. I felt a little bad when he tucked his tail and bolted downstairs to hide in the kitchen, but mostly I was just pissed off.
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Options
    Our dog is driving us crazy too!! She was up twice last night to go outside. This dog is usually a champ and can go 12 hours or so between trips outside. She is so lucky we have a fenced in yard now! And also lucky because I need to pee too. 
  • Options
    I'm so overly Emotional today.
    Last night my friends went out and did not invite me. And I'm kinda butthurt about it.
    And Zeb's mom keeps telling me thing like stupid no big deal things like... Can u make sure u keep the dryer door closed, don't use auto dry, I wash Tupperware by hand don't put it in the dishwasher, it's no big deal stuff so I don't know why I want to cry over it. And a lot if the stuff it's Zeb but she only says this stuff to me when he is not there. I feel like a huge cry baby it's so stupid. So I'm down with the chickens trying to pull my self together.
    photo 312e02a9-ef9a-4648-8979-09b4ab630d04_zpsa744d068-1.jpgphoto 26efec1e-a9a8-4abc-adae-e4ac57e9ed07_zpscb2707ed.jpgimagephoto 6de80a6c-9b11-48ea-934b-3d2f0e56825f_zps84077925.jpg photo bea969e4-3c22-42e7-af6a-f4e3450c2fd7_zps664ddd2f.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy%20ticker
    imagephoto b971e7ea-a08a-41e0-bdee-a8d0f48bb027_zps8d92a1f9.png
  • Options
    We bought paint yesterday to finish the nursery! I am ready to be done with painting so we can clean the carpets and move some furniture in. I don't think things are going to fit how I want them to, so I want time to be able to move them around until I'm satisfied!

I am definitely worried that our nursery furniture is not going to fit the way I want it to as well! I am having the inside of the closet painted as well so I can take off the doors and put the dresser in there if I have to. I have almost 3 more weeks until the furniture gets here.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options

I'm so overly Emotional today.
    Last night my friends went out and did not invite me. And I'm kinda butthurt about it.
    And Zeb's mom keeps telling me thing like stupid no big deal things like... Can u make sure u keep the dryer door closed, don't use auto dry, I wash Tupperware by hand don't put it in the dishwasher, it's no big deal stuff so I don't know why I want to cry over it. And a lot if the stuff it's Zeb but she only says this stuff to me when he is not there. I feel like a huge cry baby it's so stupid. So I'm down with the chickens trying to pull my self together.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I'm in the same boat and it annoys me to no end. I can only use hot water when I do laundry, I have to shut the heat off if the garage is open, blah blah blah. The little things are worse than anything. Hang in there!
  • Options
    poru said:

Megczapla said:

The postpartum necessities thread scares me. I just got really hot and nauseous reading it. Boy am I in for a rude awakening! I'm not worried about L&D it's all the postpartum stuff that has got me freaking the f out.

RIGHT!!! And that link someone posted yesterday of the healing process

Dont stress. Little secret: moms are capable of handling things a lot better than other people. And when you are dealing with all that postpartum shit, you will be a mom (yay!) and seriously magically able to handle it! It will merely be annoying because you are so focused on caring for, loving, and sleeping next to your little baby. You know how the grinch's heart grew three sizes that day? My tolerance/patience grew three sizes the day my son arrived.

ETA: aka what everyone else said!

I'm in love with you.
  • Options
    OH MY GOD my laptop is moving sooooo slow!!! This is why I do everything on my iPhone or tablet!
  • Options
    deidremariadeidremaria member
    edited January 2014
    I'm so over this fucking laptop. If I weren't about to do something productive I wouldn't care as much but wtf man!

And now I'm hungry. FML
  • Options
    J&NL said:

J&NL said:

Scored a free crib today!! Woop!! I'm so excited to pick it up later. 

SWEET!!! One of the families I sit for just gave me a changing table and crib after I asked if they knew anyone selling a changing table. The crib and table are a set and are unfinished so not only do I get to make it match the dresser and glider I bought, I get to do another DIY project for the nursery.

Yeah, the lady said the one I got needs to be touched up from her sons chewing on it but I said that's okay since it's free! Who am I to complain? lol I looked it up online and this crib is worth close to $500! I'm so thrilled right now. 

Hells yea!!! She's so generous to give away a crib that costly. Most people would try to make something off of it. That's the amazing thing about babies. They bring out the generosity in people.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

So I have a stupid FTM question... I bought All Free and Clear laundry detergent to begin washing some of LO's clothes. It didn't even occur to me when I was in the store, but should I have also bought Free and Clear fabric softener? Are regular dryer sheets ok? I'm sorry if these are stupid questions, I am quickly becoming aware of how little I know when it comes to babies!!

It is ill advised to use fabric softener of any kind on your baby's clothing, as it destroys the flame retardant in the fabric.
    I feel dumb asking but does that include dryer sheets? We get awful static if I don't use them and our clothes stay really stiff.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunately, yes... It coats the fabric and basically negates the flame retardant that's on it... And fabric softener is in itself flammable...and pjs specifically are the most worrisome because fleece goes up like a roman candle.

I totally understand, especially with fleece pjs! I live in a mountainous desert and we have 2 seasons here: dry & hot, and super dry & freezing ass. Static is a huge problem for me too... But in the off chance that our condo goes up in flames, I'd rather worry about whether or not DS's socks are stuck to his pjs than if a spark gets on them.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

ETA my suggestion: try using a bit less soap, or running them through a 2nd rinse cycle to make sure all the detergent is out - this might help with stiffness. I always wash everything on cold water, and dry on low heat. I also washed baby's clothes separate from ours so that we could still use fabric softener but his clothes wouldn't have any. We also just used a free & clear detergent (I have sensitive skin anyway) instead of separate baby detergent for his stuff.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    DH and I have had such a great weekend together. Why does it have to be over so soon?!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    Mini vent: why do other moms feel the need to tell me every scary thing that happened to them when they gave birth? I mean, yes I want the truth but would it kill you to add in a positive story too?!! I feel like I'm so prepared for this and then I talk to one of my mom friends and I'm back to huddling in a corner in tears thinking I'm in for the most tramatic experience of my life.
  • Options

And Target has all kinds of baby stuff on sale this week. Strollers, carseats, cribs, bedding.

I may have to check this out today...we need a couple of things still that got broken or we didn't have from DS's stint as an infant. Thanks for the heads up!!
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    DH's work 'Christmas' party is tonight. I am not looking forward to it.
  • Options
    So I've been binge watching modern family and now everytime I think I hear my thoughts in Sofia Vergara's accent.
    I went through this too after binge watching Hart of Dixie. All my thoughts for a week or so were in an Alabama accent.
  • Options

AW alert! I made an infinity scarf nursing cover. It is seriously the easiest thing ever to make. I used 1 yard of fabric and next time I will get a little more because once it is double looped it is a little tighter than I would like for a scarf. I am still super excited about it though!

I LOVE this!! Too bad I have no crafting ability.
  • Options
    I like Owen Reid.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ate too much Pad Thai. It was so good. Now I'm paying for it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"