August 2022 Moms
Options

February Symptoms

Re: February Symptoms

• Options
    @wisewitch222 wow. Really?? ๐Ÿ˜’

@bridgiebee82 I know this sounds awful but I wait and brush my teeth after 10 am or after lunch. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Otherwise I am guaranteed to get sick from the gagging

• Options
    @sarahwithbabe hi! Congratulations on your little girl! My BP is consistently low. It doesnโ€™t usually read anywhere near as low at the office because I have โ€œwhite-labcoat-syndromeโ€ and my BP goes up every time I am in the office but I am frequently in the 90โ€™s/60โ€™s at home and have brought this up because it has led to me almost passing out ((black dots in my vision, literally)) and the advice I have been given is to eat something with extra sodium and some protein. I usually carry peanut butter crackers in my purse to help. They also said to cut back on my caffeine intake in the mornings and to try to drink it more with a meal instead of in between meals. Iโ€™m not sure the rationale behind this one but itโ€™s what I have been told. And the last thing was to drink plenty of water. Like more than I think I should be drinking.ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick Yep, the dental hygienist shame is real. Bracing for it at my appointment in March. I will just smile and nod and let her scrape my teeth...
  • Options
    sarahwithbabesarahwithbabe member
    edited February 2022
    @coco2787 Thank you for the welcome and response! I found the intros and just share a little about me. Itโ€™s good to know others experience low BP. I canโ€™t seem to get mine above 86/54 (this has never been a problem before pregnancy). Although, my doctor said she was concerned if this didnโ€™t change soon and that of coursed freaked me out being new to pregnancy.ย 
  • Options
    I got so sick this morning. I hadn't thrown up in 3 days. Gobs of stomach acid came up. I felt terrible and my throat burned so bad. Gahh
  • Options
    @leahrnmom thatโ€™s the worst. Hopefully the rest of your day is better.ย 
  • Options
    @leahrnmom this baby is really giving you a run for your money! I hope things start taking a turn soon and you feel better!
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 100% expecting the dental hygienist shame on Tuesday during my appointment. Every time I brush my teeth, I gag. If I gag too hard, I end up having bathroom issues. I bought depends for the appointment. So yeah, I'm not brushing for 2 mins, 2x a day... I just can't. It isn't possible. Also I will say, not pregnant I have gag issues while getting my teeth cleaned so this is going to be fun. I'll probably warn my hygienist beforehand but they won't believe me until I gag the 100th time.ย ย 
  • Options
    @darkrose88 Good luck at your teeth cleaning! Moral support!ย 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick thank you. My daughter's appointment today didn't go as planned. She thrashed too much after sedation to do anything so now she has to go completely under anesthesia. Home relaxing a bit now. Thanks!

@paytonpedro yes this baby is. I was so hopeful that I had seen the last of the morning sickness.ย 
  • Options
    @leahrnmom oh that is a bummer. What a stinking Thursday. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Options
    @sarahwithbabe happy you're here!! I'm also a first time mom and I'm super excited, too! I usually have excellent blood pressure but it's been elevated every time I go to my OB, which is super frustrating.ย 
  • Options
    I hate white coat syndrome... They should take it while your in the waiting room, but instead wait until after you walk back to the room and after weighing you. I'll be interested to see what my doctor says at my visit on Monday if they think I had high blood pressure before pregnancy or if they think I will eventually need to be monitored. I'm just taking it every morning now, and it's been on the lower end of normal, thankfully. Maybe when we hit the third trimester, we can start a BP monitoring club thread to keep tabs on each other.
  • Options
    Related to the teeth brushing/gagging issues, I still wear a retainer to bed each night. I have to fight gagging SO HARD. Sometimes if I'm already particularly nauseous, I will just skip wearing it. I can tell my teeth are shifting already ๐Ÿ˜ฌย 
  • Options
    @malloryfrommn team retainer here ๐Ÿ˜† I had braces and also been a teeth grinder since like day 1 so I have a night guard with built in retainer. I wear it literally every night and my teeth hurt so bad if I were to go without
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    My blood pressure has dropped a bunch of times today and my heart rate keeps acceleratingโ€ฆ itโ€™s been a day where I feel off.ย 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I hope you feel better soon.๐Ÿ’• Try not to do anything that spikes your heart rate.
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick that sucks when you feel off. Have you eaten enough and drank enough today? I was feeling that exact way about a week or so ago. I had to start drinking boosts to help supplement me bc I just wasnโ€™t taking in enough calories. My BPM were over 100 sitting down. I hope you feel better quicklyย 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream it happens to me in the first trimester a few times. When Iโ€™ve asked, the consensus is itโ€™s my blood volume doubling and stuff. Normal but inconvenient. I was short of breath easily today so you are right. Drinking lots of water is on the agenda.ย 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I also like to cut Gatorade with water when plain water doesnโ€™t seem to be cutting it. Feel better soon!
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick that sounds miserable. Hope a good nights sleep helps!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @starkette Pressure sensations for about two weeks now (since 13 weeks). They feel.... not great. I want them to be kicks.ย 
  • Options
    Is anyone elseโ€™s hair just not really getting dirty? This is gross and probably goes in FFFC but, I just washed my hair for the first time in nearly 2 weeks. And while it definitely wasnโ€™t *clean*, it also wasnโ€™t that gross yet. Iโ€™m typically a one-a-week hair washer anyway, but usually by day 5 it needs dry shampoo if Iโ€™m going to wear it down.ย 
    I know they say your hair can get shiny and awesome when youโ€™re pregnant, this isnโ€™t really that though, it still looks normal, itโ€™s just not getting as dirty as fast.ย 
  • Options
    @itsme215 I wash my hair daily and even have to dry shampoo in the morning and have been able to totally skip the dry shampoo! So like similar kinda. Gosh I wish I didnโ€™t have to wash my hair so often, itโ€™s just so oily.ย 

@starkette Iโ€™ve been feeling that too, on the right of my belly button mostly, for about a week or two now. Itโ€™s wild but also ready for actually kicks/ movement.ย 
  • Options
    @itsme215, me! When I'm not preg I have to wash daily bc it gets so oily.ย  Pregnancy this time and with my first, I'm good for a week.ย  Love it!!
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate the pregnancy no-immune-system where I catch every puny little respiratory virus my immune system normally crushes. I'm on my third one this pregnancy. (No, I have no covid symptoms, just pure sinus hell, but I'm wearing a mask at home because I want my family to keep going to school and work.)
  • Options
    @cas060 the fiber may help keep you regular, instead of just letting everything out.ย 

@wisewitch222 I'm sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better soon! Glad it's not covid symptoms though.ย 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick I also like to cut Gatorade with water when plain water doesnโ€™t seem to be cutting it. Feel better soon!
    No joke reading this has me wanting to go to the store to get Gatorade because I now have a craving for it ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Options
    Oh boy, so the newest symptoms this week are what I believe is the start ofย Symphysis pubis dysfunctionโ€ฆ I suffered from bad with this durning my last pregnancy.ย 
  • Options
    Is anyone else super itchy? Im not showing yet so I dont think it's because of my skin tightening/belly growing. I also mainly notice it at night which also seems odd. Is this a normal pregnancy symptom that Ive just never heard of?ย 
  • Options
    @ced45 my lower back was crazy itchy earlier which I thought was a little weird. My boobs have been itchy a few times but thatโ€™s about it so far.ย 
  • Options
    @ced45 Is your belly/back itchy? ย If so, your skin tightening theory is probably spot on. ย If itโ€™s all over or mainly just your hands and feet, Iโ€™d talk to your OB about it.
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick my bellyโ€™s been tightening as well, so no doubt the start of bhโ€™s ๐Ÿ˜‘

@amberrmariee20 I had spd in my last pregnancy and so far so goodโ€ฆ ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ Itโ€™s the worse and I totally feel for you!!ย 

@ced45 my skin has definitely been more dry and itchy than normal. Have you been using a good lotion?
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I was told itโ€™s more common for it to happen again after dealing with it during a previous pregnancy ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • Options
    @ced45 I've also noticed my skin getting really itchy lately - not just around my stomach, but all over. I'd definitely recommend using a moisturizer all over to help with that.
  • Options
    Glad im not alone! Ive been moisturizing the belly like its my job (and that area has been good so far/not itchy) but definitely neglecting everywhere else. My skin isnt usually this dry normally...ย its just so much time and work to moisturize everywhere!! Is this the definition of peak preggo laziness lolย ย