August 2022 Moms
Options

February Symptoms

Re: February Symptoms

• Options
    @mangoandguava I’ve had rlp since I got those 2 lines 😬 and have actually had it while not pregnant. 
  • Options
    @mangoandguava I've had RLP since like week 7 or 8. I read that it's typically a 2nd trimester thing, but I'm anything but typical lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 @paytonpedro Ah. Well that’s a relief. I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out what the heck I did! 😂

• Options
    Hello everyone. This is my first pregnancy. I have been blessed to not have morning sickness really. But at 12 weeks (yesterday) I threw up for the first time after checking in at a doctors appointment. I was looking around to see where the closest thing to a bathroom. Thankfully it was super close. I then felt nauseous the rest of the day and didn’t want to eat. 

How do you ladies deal with this? I went back to work after my doc visit and my staff told me to go home since I looked really bad. 

How does one deal with nausea while working?
  • Options
    Ladies, these headaches are the worst! I think I found my culprit though, it's the pregnancy pillow... I gave it another try these last two nights, thinking it looked fluffier. Thought I slept well Monday night, but noticed by the end of the work day I had the slightest headache, but was still able to function and think much of it. Then woke up around 1am last night to possibly the worst headache I've ever had. Took some Tylenol, drank some water, and laid back down. Then I realized the pain was stemming from my neck, so I immediately swapped out the pregnancy pillow for my regular one, got a pack of frozen peas out of the freezer, and finally got myself relaxed enough to fall back asleep after about an hour of struggling. That pillow is getting returned. I think I might look for more of a body pillow rather than a full wrap around style. I don't think I can part with my regular pillow for neck support.
  • Options
    Absolutely no pregnancy glow here either. I'm definitely starting to show and getting the wide eyes when I respond that I'm due in August. +1 for RLP. I walked 18000 steps at work yesterday because I was resource nurse and I was so so sore by bedtime. 
  • Options
    I’m so over this 🤬 insomnia. Pretty sure I’ll get better sleep in the newborn phase. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @mz_nay I'm sorry you are being hit badly with nausea! It is hard when you have to be at work while having bad symptoms. What helped me was having snacks to munch on throughout the day (crackers, cheese sticks, fruit) since I felt worse when I didn't have anything in my stomach. Also getting up and walking every so often, aaaand ginger tea. 

Hope you find something that works for you! You are so close to second trimester; it will get better!
  • Options
    13w 1d and I'm enjoying a break away from nausea and indigestion. This foodie surely appreciates that!
    Fatigue is still here, and burping too (what's up with that? :neutral:)  but overall feeling better.

I did have 2 days of headaches right before 13w- not sure if pregnancy, dry air/sinus, or all of it. 

I have an OB appointment tomorrow and hoping everything is going well so that we can finally share with our families! Still waiting for NIIPT results -hopefully we will get those this week. 

• Options
    @and_peggy I can’t remember if it was in here or not that you were talking about this, but I’ve had a steadily-worsening headache the last two days (welcome to the club, right?) and I finally called the pharmacy. The pharmacist said Tylenol and aspirin are fine to take together, just not at the same time. He said give it about 4 hours between the two. I am only taking one low-dose a day though, and I didn’t think to ask if the dosage made a difference. I dunno if this is helpful, but I hope so. 

• Options
    @mangoandguava yes it was me! Thank you, that’s really good info. I’m headache free for the current moment but I’m glad to know I can keep doing the aspirin. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I’m in the club of lots of water & bathroom trips at night! I’ve been going to bed with 3 16 oz glasses of water every night now. I go through one glass just taking my prenatals, colace, and Zofran, and most of another while I read.

I’ve been sleeping a lot too. I get in bed at 9:30-10 and read for a couple hours before sleeping and then get up between 10-12 most days. Normally I’m a 1 am bedtime kind of person.🤣
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2, try turning your preg pillow upside down. I use my own pillow and just sleep inside the U so my feet can be elevated, and I can put my knees on it.  Mine was too high for me to use as a head pillow too.
  • Options
    @cas060 that’s super smart!! 
  • Options
    @cas060 I thought about that but I was so annoyed with that pillow, I don't even want to look at it anymore. Returning it and got the Boppy Cuddle, which looks like goes between your legs/hips and under your belly for full lower body support, and I can keep using my regular pillow for head/neck support. Just glad I'm figuring this all out before I really need it. And thankfully the headache/neckache were short lived.
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 I have the boppy cuddle and love it. Hope you find it helpful. 
  • Options
    I still let my almost 3 year old nurse for 10 mins before bed... it is SO painful for about the last month. I was going to let her self wean bc shes a boobaholic but it is so painful I might have to speed things up 😬
  • Options
    @cas060 When is her birthday? Can you make that a deadline so she can mentally prepare, and then just stop and say, "nope, you're big now!" if she asks again? I can't say that approach will work for nursing, as I've never nursed a toddler, but that's how we stopped the before bed bottles for both kids right at age 2 (yes we always brushed their teeth after), and pacifier for each kid as soon as they started to bite holes in them. Cold turkey and, "You're too big for this now. Let's do other big kid stuff."
  • Options
    @wisewitch222, I'm too much of a sap... and with a sibling coming trying not to play the big girl card, so she hopefully doesn't take a 180 when baby arrives. Lol,its tomorrow too so..  ill probably work towards the end of the month by shortening her time down til 0.
  • Options
    @cas060 I nursed my toddler until 2.5. The only way she would give up nursing was to do a trade off. She likes to still do pinchies where she will pinch the top or side of my breast. Maybe try something like that 
  • Options
    @cas060 so not that it’s related but I definitely used the count down to a birthday to get ds1 to start wiping his own butt. Lol. I told him by 4 he had to start wiping himself so he can get good at it for when he goes to school. If you want to avoid the big girl card (which my children thoroughly enjoy being “big” and ds2 has told me he’s big and not a baby since he could talk) you could definitely say something else. Or replace the nursing with something else for a short time, but give her a time line so it’s not a surprise. 
    Weaning time down to 0 is also another good way to do it. That’s kind of what I did when weaning ds2, but he was only 18 months. 
  • Options
    Every pregnancy I have 1 or 2 migraines where I lose half my vision for about an hour. And the. The massive headache hits. Currently dealing with that. It’s awful. I’m hoping I’m about halfway through it. Already preempted with Tylenol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @paytonpedro OMG that reminds me, my #2 is about to turn 4 at the end of March and we have yet to even entertain the possibility of him wiping his own butt. He does go to a preschool this year where the teachers don't wipe butts (it's in a school and not a daycare), but he's always been a regular go-er at home in the evenings so I've never had to worry about him needing to do it in school. (But I always say that if he has to wipe at school "Just try your best" and then he can get a bath after school.) But I guess once he turns four we should probably start teaching him how to do it on his own, huh? I don't really remember what we did with #1. I feel like my husband taught him.
  • Options
    It’s almost comical the difference between my AM bump and my PM bump. I look fairly normal when I wake up but by 5 pm I look 6
    months pregnant. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @and_peggy ouch. I hope it doesn’t last too long. Can you take anything for it?

@wisewitch222 we use the flushable wipes, and have them throw them in the garbage (but just in case one falls in). I feel like it gives them a better clean when they’re first learning. Ds2 is 3.5 and wiping his own butt with the wipes but sometimes I have to help him to give an extra wipe when he’s done. It’s SO NICE when they wipe their own butts. Haha. My kids poop all the time so they had to learn! 🤣😅😅

@coco2787 oh literally same!! 
  • Options
    @and_peggy will your OB write you a prescription for Fiorcet? I had to break down and ask for it at my appointment yesterday. I thought I had to wait to second trimester but he told me absolutely not and he would call it in. I’m so sorry. The headaches and the the migraines are so debilitating. 

• Options
    @paytonpedro ugh, wiping butts is definitely a struggle in this house hold. DS claims he does it and then when I check I still see poop. I may invest in some flushable wipes... 

@coco2787 I was literally eyeing my bump first thing this morning going, wtf happened? It starts off small and by the evening I look so pregnant!
  • Options
     @rosygal07  are you a real person or some kind of bot? You’ve already posted about this in the maternity clothes thread. Now symptoms. 
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream may or may not have reported both🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @wigglyicecream I wondered the same 
  • Options
    She posted it like 4 minutes after creating her account 🚩
  • Options
    I’m fairly confident she was a bot. They took her posts down super quick. Thanks BGs
  • Options
    @regalmommy1 I feel that. All of that. 😝
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 ugh I'm so sorry. I really hope the meds help and you can start feeling normal again. 💕
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I hope things are better after you sort out the medicine. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick thanks. ❤