Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday

Month/cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R/CS:

GTKY - What's the best thing about where you live? 
About me:
TTC#1: October 2015
dx: PCOS & MFI
IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
July 2016: Blighted Ovum
IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
FET February 2017 ~BFN
IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
Team Blue X 2!

Re: WTO Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 4/4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: regular stuff, maybe try adding in opk which I've never tried before. 

R/R/CS: going to be a nice day today! Can't wait to get outside on my lunch break. 

GTKY: I live close to trails, parks, and the train right now. When we move we will have a beautiful deck with a gorgeous lake view! We will be farther from the train though but still close to great places to run and walk. 

Will try to come back later to respond! Gets hard sometimes at work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RatsPJ -  You don't appear to have O'd yet. What OPKs brand are you using? I totally get your frustration- I have had that same issue where I would have multiple patches of EWCM and O would just be elusive. Keep HIO and keep testing OPKs. I stopped testing OPKs on CD 33 last month cuz I ran out. Then I O'd on CD 36 but FF kept switching CH from CD 36-39. So I wish I would have kept testing. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 5/5

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Waiting on AF to leave, PNVs, Metformin, and back to OPKs and BD EOD starting at like CD 9 or 10. 

R/R/CS: Nothing much. AF is almost out the door. I'm excited to get back into things and work on this cycle. 

I live in suburbs of NY about 90 minutes North of NYC. It is nice cause we have all benefits of the suburbs but are still close enough to the city if you want that stuff. Its the same town I grew up in so I know where everything is and that the schools are good etc. Close to family which is a huge plus too. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    Thanks ladies! Glad I'm not alone on this.  @Megzb510 I ran out of my online cheapies so my first +OPK this cycle was from a cheap CVS brand. As I continued to use it, I realized it was terrible and difficult to read. So I picked up some CBD and that's when I got a positive most recently. Guess I'll keep POAS and if I get another surge, I'll think about HIO. We started early this cycle, and I can't think of anything else I'd rather do less than BD. 
  • Options
    Month/cycle:  5/5

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU:  BBT, CM, OPKs, Yoga, Acupuncture 

R/R/CS: Temp spike this morning and negative CBD OPK after yesterday's positive.  Still had a flashing smiley on the CBAD OPK this morning.  I was never able to get a solid smiley on the CBAD, so hopefully that's ok and still means I ovulated since the CBD OPK was positive yesterday.  I will just wait and see what my temp is tomorrow.  If I did ovulate yesterday, then that would be the earliest yet on CD 13 and it makes me believe acupuncture really worked for me.  Only time will tell! 

GTKY - We have two professional sport teams, lots of college athletics, 4 distinct seasons, and lots of events happening each weekend.  I love where I live and could never imagine living anyplace else! 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited March 2016
    I have a question that I forgot to add. 
    I'm approaching ovulation and noticed that the skin around my upper inner thighs and lower butt is extremely sensitive. To the point that even my underwear or pants irritate it. It feels like the skin is bruised or like a rash but Theres nothing visual. It happened last cycle but I chalked it up to a weird occurrance but it's happening this cycle too. (Both times right before O) Anyone else experience this? It's only the skin and lighter touches hurt more than pressure. Is this a normal thing with the changes in hormones? I tried googling and an either using wrong terms but I'm not getting anything. 
    Eta. Is there anything I can do about it?
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    @mrsdaddario thats so cool, yeah I am in the lower hudson valley so pretty close. I'm not a huge fan of the city either but DH works there (commute sucks!) and we go every once an a while to see the museums or a game or show. Its nice to have the option to just hop on the train and get there in under 2 hours if we want. I remember going to the catskills as a kid but havent been in years. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    Back later for comments!

Month/cycle: 3/3

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: DH was on verge of sickness/allergies/whatever....so I tried to help him get better faster! haha :smile: That is something right? Can't have a sick DH who doesn't want to BD! If I get sick I could care less, but DH is required to be healthy!

R/R/CS: Hmmm...nothing much TTC again today, just hanging. Trying to make a guest list for my 31st birthday in April (eeeeeekkkk). I HOPE that I can't drink and have to find some elusive way to trick everyone! I will toast to that tonight.... 

Super excited because I finally got toes to bar and a PR snatch last night (cue crossfit crazies). I have a very regimented weekday schedule that includes work, crossfit, dinner, spend time with DH and we rarely vary from it. It helps me get through the week and feel like I have my crap together! I think it is the Taurus in me (reference to TWW question). I hate breaking my regular schedule....I remember when I loved happy hour and doing stuff after work, now it literally makes me anxious!

I LOVE where I live. It is a city that in the last 10 years has done a complete 360 and become a really thriving little urban city! We can bike downtown from our house and are 10 minutes away from the beach. There are tons of great restaurants and lots of outdoor events! 
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• Options
    kellybean1988kellybean1988 member
    edited March 2016
    Hi friends! I think I *should* actually have time for responses today--be back later!

Month/cycle: 4

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU:  RL tea, PNV

R/R/CS:  OK I have enjoyed NOT temping WAY too much during AF, who is gone today, btw. I am loving this 3 day period thing! I would love to continue to not temp this month but I'd like to take this month's temps in to my doctor next week (even though I'll only be at CD 11), so I guess I'll start again tomorrow. If I don't get KU this cycle, I've definitely decided to take a break from temping for cycle 5 and stick to monitoring CM and O symptoms.

This is tough. I live in a small town in rural Indiana and there isn't a lot going on, but because it's so small, everything is really close to my house. Meaning, I can be at the grocery store and back in 20 minutes, and I can ride my bike to the local YMCA to work out.  Plus, we are getting a new restaurant soon WITH A FULL BAR within walking distance of our place. SCORE!

*edit* 
    words
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016
    DS born January 31st, 2017: Rory "Mac" MacKinnon

• Options
    @whiska sorry your feeling like you were skipped! Glad you are trying to stay on the up and up of it! For every person who just randomly gets pregnant, I try to think of the people I know that have had a longer road to it, but still been successful! I know quite a few! Some just aren't as vocal. Not trying to preach to you, I am sure you know this, but just thought I should share something that might make you feel a bit better :smiley: 

@lcsrva we expect pictures of Italy!!!!!! I will be living vicariously through you! 

@beary67 FX for O! That would be a fantastic side effect of acupuncture :smile: 

TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• Options
    Month/cycle: 16/18 ... had to think about that for awhile

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: IUI #2 tomorrow

R/R/CS: IUI is tomorrow and I am so feeling like what is the point right now. I have been down the last couple days and DH and I are fighting (well more me being mad and him being like what did I do?).

GTKY - What's the best thing about where you live?  All the bars and restaurants within walking distance. We live in a very urban area. Of course once I get KU we will likely move to the suburbs but that's ok I think.

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• Options
    sarah0985 Glad to hear you feel like you're back in the saddle. My BSC is just rearing up so I hope I can follow in your footsteps and reign it back in. Also I've had this tenderness too although I've never paid enough attention to realize when in my cycle it occurs. Unfortunately the only relief I've gotten is by wearing either none or loose fitting pants only at home.

vintageandrea90 Sorry for the weird cycle. I know how frustrating it can be. Hopefully you O soon or at least get a fresh start with next cycle.

beary67 FX the acupuncture helped and for more high temps!

mrsdaddario Sorry AF is being a pain. And I completely agree on the posting early. I only get a few responses in during the morning and slack with it through the rest of the day usually because I get swamped at work.

lcsrva Enjoy your trip and safe travels! I'm super jealous so have lots of fun for me.

thefarmerswife0411 Enjoy your lunch with DH. I'm glad you're able to relax a little bit this cycle but hope you're not losing hope. I have my FX for you this cycle.

Zoey1019 Keep DH healthy at all costs. I've heard way too much about everyone's H being too sick to HIO.

Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Options
     For the ladies who do acupuncture--How many times a month do you go?

***lurking from tww***

@Megzb510 in my first month of acu I had 2 sessions during my cycle.  My lp was successfully extended from 13 days to 14 days that month.

Following on from that cycle with no other acu sessions in between I O'd this month on cd13 instead of my usual CD15.  I then had a session on 4 dpo as I couldn't fit more than 1 in this month that due to travelling.

I'll have 2 next month too.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    *question in R/R/CS*

Month/Cycle:  7/3

CD:  47

WAYDTGKU:  Metformin, PNV, sex, OPKs (which seem to be a waste of money for me so far)

R/R/CS:  I have my doctor's appt booked for next week!  I'm hoping that she'll prescribe me Provera (yet again) and then we can also discuss other medication to induce ovulation. **Does Femara/Letrozole need the same monitoring that Clomid requires? 
    I also realized yesterday, that I would have to wait another week or so after my appointment to start the Provera if we do start medication this cycle because DH will be gone for 2 weeks and I don't want to risk missing the FW of a medicated cycle. So (sigh) that just means more waiting...

GTKY:  We just moved to a very touristy area in FL last year and I enjoy the beaches and the seafood restaurants, but I cannot stand the terrible drivers and the unbearable heat over the summer!  Humidity and I do not go well together haha. However, the winter here was basically Midwestern fall weather so that was wonderful!
  • Options
    Month/cycle:  12/6

CD:  29

WAYDTGKU:  Acupuncture and RE next week (can't wait for that)

R/R/CS:  SNOW DAY here in Colorado!  Woot woot!!!

GTKY - What's the best thing about where you live?   What's not to love about Colorado?  The weather is generally awesome, the sights are beautiful!  Hiking, skiing, all of the above.
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 3/4

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: HIO! Try to reduce stress and generally be healthy.

R/R/CS: I think I will O today based on CM yesterday. Timing has been ED for the last 4 days.  I am not planning on temping or anything for a couple more months.  Trying to keep this process as low stress as possible.

GTKY - What's the best thing about where you live?  I live in a small city (by N.America standards anyway). It's big enough to have all the amenities but small enough that there is a great sense of community.  It's very outdoors oriented so I can go sailing or hiking or skiing or whatever literally minutes from my house.   
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• Options
    @Megzb510 I just started acupuncture.. .I was told to go 3 times a month.  Once during my period, once a few days before O, and then again on the day of O.  This cycle has sucked though, and I never Oed, so it was a couple of wasted sessions.  I'm skeptical, it seems to be making things worse for me, but that's just my experience.
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 2/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: not much at the moment, temping will start back up after AF ends

R/R/CS: I'm thinking that we will go ahead and try for this cycle. DH seems to really want to and I've realized that December wouldn't actually be that bad of a due date since I always get Dec. 24 through Jan. 2 off, so less PTO would need to be used for maternity leave.

Does anyone else look up due dates every month based on your LMP? Or look up cute ways to announce it based on holidays that are coming up? 

GTKY - What's the best thing about where you live? Year long summers and having theme parks all over the place.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Options
    @TotororyInLove I totally look up the due date every month and I have had my ideas for announcement since long before TTC. I am obsessed and it's a problem lol. 

@beary67 we don't go too much. DH works in the city so he is there 5 days a week. But every once and a while we go to see a game or show. We love the museums and I really want to take DS but not sure if he will appreciate it yet he'll be 2 next month. But I do enjoy that is it so close we can go if we want.

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    beary67 said: Month/cycle: 13/15

CD: 2

Clomid + IUI + different progesterone to see if it stops the LP bleeding

R/R/CS: We started TTC one year ago today :( I was convinced we were going to get KU that first cycle because every women in my family gets pregnant right away and my first FW lined up with our first ending anniversary.

GTKY - What's the best thing about where you live? We are between the mountains and ocean, so it is beautiful. Also, I love the fact that it rarely snows or goes below O. 
    @mokay19 There is a lower risk of multiples on Femara but you should still be monitored

• Options

@sarah0985  Some women get weird things like that that happen around O. It may not be common, but it might be that for you it’s a secondary sign of O. I don’t know if there is anything you can do about it, though, sorry.

@thefarmerswife0411  I have heard about places that have connections between all the downtown buildings and I, too, wish we had it in Chicago. I think Calgary has something like that and I know at least on city in Texas does so people don’t have to go outside when it is really hot.

@whiska  Sorry you’re feeling down. Remember, you’re not alone in the struggle. We’re here for you!

@Dilynne  yup, Mabis is the brand most of us use!

@TorotoryInLove  Yes, I look up due dates every month, too! I do avoid looking up ways to announce, though, because I think that would be too much for me.

Month/cycle: 7/8

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Temping, CM, CP, BD (EOD until fertile CM, then ED)

R/R/CS: So I had cysts when I was in high school and the doctor told me that I would get pain from them when I ovulate every month. I got pain every month and assumed it was when I was ovulating and then eventually they went away. It seems my cysts are back because my ob/gyn said at my appt a few weeks ago that she felt one and then yesterday and today I have been having pain in that area (same kind of pain as when I had them before) but I'm not anywhere near ovulating. For those of you who have had cysts, when do you feel pain from them?

Public transportation, for sure. My husband and I are considering moving in about a year and I really want to go to California, but none of those cities seem to have good public transportation and I loathe driving.
  • Options
    I love that there is a lot of other fellow Canadians here! :)

@vintageandrea90 I am so jealous that you live near Niagara Falls! That area is definitely one of my favorites in Canada :)

@lcsrva I am envious that you love craft beer. My husband has been into it for a while so we often check out little places... unfortunately the majority of these places don't offer anything I can even choke down..... lol

Month/cycle: 2/2

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: RL tea ( I just picked up some of this yesterday after seeing that so many of you ladies drink it!) PNV, OPKS soon

R/R/CS: Meh, I already feel out this cycle which is frustrating. My husband works away and he misses my FW this cycle. FX for a longer or shorter cycle to mix things up this month? lol

I live in Edmonton and there is a lot of things I love about it! In the winter I'd say my favorite thing is that we have a hockey team! My husband and I love going to the games.... now if only we would win occasionally we would be set!  I also love that within a 5 minute walk of our house there is everything we would ever need :)
    Me: 28 | DH: 30
    BFP #1 April 12, 2017 EDD December 19, 2017
    Happily Ever After June 2014 <3<3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, @LadyMillil I'll have to keep that in mind for the timing of the medication too because I work so far from the doctors office
  • Options
    @MrsRoss89 it's funny because people say that all the time but since I've always lived here and gone to Niagara Falls a billion times I'm just kind of like whatever about it....seen it...been there. Not too exciting for me anymore lol. I have a friend who lives in Arizona and I'm like omg you love near the grand Canyon that's so amazing and she's like meh....seen it. Too funny
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!