July 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/3/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/3/20

• Thanks y'all! I didn't get to bed until around 1am so I'm dragging today. But, I'll be fine :smile:

@footdrbritt Savannah <3 I'm so smitten with Savannah. I forget if I've mentioned that before lol... but it's one of my favorite places. I think we're going to do HHI for our babymoon and I always insist on a drive to Savannah for the day when we're there. I already can't wait!
  • @blaf322 that is crazy! I'm so glad you guys weren't home and the damage missed your property! I also hope you have some delicious coffee today to make up for that late night. :sleeping:
  • Loading the player...
  • @blaf322 We think it’s pretty awesome too. We’re only here for another year, but it’s absolutely someplace we’ll come back to. Give me some Spanish moss and a drink and I’m happy. We are beach people (I swear DS is a fish) so Tybee is one of our hang outs. 
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited February 2020
    @footdrbritt yesss... those are the things I love most too. The Spanish moss is so dreamy looking. I always want to take some home and hope it lives.... but I don't want to invite the bugs into my car :D 

We always go out to eat at The Crab Shack when we're there (I also have dreams of creating some backyard Christmas light, situation like their deck seating) , but haven't actually been on the beach in Tybee. 
  • @blaf322 @footdrbritt *Sigh* that sounds so dreamyyy.. It's like -30 here, beach days and crab shacks and spanish moss sound so lovely. 

Also, I 100% did not pack enough food for lunch today. 
  • FML... I can tell my feet are already growing. The flats I wear to work most days are definitely feeling tight. Last time, they didn't go back to my normal size after delivery so I lost allll my shoes (I cried when I realized). I guess the silver lining this time is that I don't have anywhere close to as many shoes so getting rid of them won't be quite as sad.
  • @blaf322 so glad you are ok! Tornados are no joke! And you and @footdrbritt have made me so sad this morning! I used to live in NC and loved it, but moved across the country almost 5 years ago now. I miss it every day and today I miss it even more now!! It is just the best. I keep hoping DH will get a transfer back to the east coast. 
  • @modoodles that’s almost as scary as the babies that are born with a full set of teeth 😂
  • Late to the party but damn @blaf322 those pics are crazy! Glad everything is ok and everyone is safe. I'm farther up the east coast and we got a tornado warning this morning while I was in a meeting. I was getting emails from our admin in all caps about the weather. We do not get crazy weather here so everyone was flipping out lol. Spoiler alert: there was no tornado, just some gusty winds and heavy rain for a hot second. 
  • Well today is just fantastic.  Our power went out at school for like 2 hours and they didn't send us home like I was hoping they would.  It got really hot in our classroom and the kids were SUPER dramatic about it.  Nothing got accomplished that whole time.  Just one of those days...SO glad it is Friday!
  • So happy it’s Friday! MH is coming home today, and my boss brought breakfast sandwiches for everyone!
  • @meanjellybean I was the opposite of your folks yesterday. I was like, "psh... everyone calm down. Everything is fine where we are. The tornado is, like, 30 mins away. Why are people huddling in their bathrooms?!"
    Meanwhile.... our neighborhood was being destroyed and it's about 3 mins from my daughter's daycare :#
  • @stlbuckeye132 I had been thinking we may do The Melting Pot for V-day this weekend.  We tried to go during winter break but were too early in the day.  Have fun on your date.
  • @blaf322 this is the park by our house. We love river house seafood on river street. So much good food

• @stlbuckeye132 gah I'm so jealous of your melting pot dinner! Have so much fun! There's one near our house but we never go because DH doesn't like cheese... I know, I never should have married him for that reason alone but now I must live with my mistake.
  • @meanjellybean Hmm, how does a person not like cheese?
  • @bluguitarhannah I honestly have no idea. It distresses his Italian-American mother to this day. He likes pizza, but that's about it. I've pointed out to him many times that pizza has cheese, so in fact he DOES like cheese, but it hasn't helped much, and at this point he's 36 and isn't open-minded about challenging whatever weird hangup he has about cheese being put on things. He must have had some weird texture aversion to it from a young age or something. Luckily our daughter lives for all things cheese and I intend to keep it that way!
  • @meanjellybean all the more reason to go - you would get all the cheese to yourself!! There are three other courses, he can deal while you eat cheese lol
  • I have never heard of the Melting Pot but I think I'd be here for it. I love fondue. 
  • @stlbuckeye132 true! Or I could just go by myself and then not have to share ANYTHING.

Speaking of which, DH and I were discussing this the other night because I heard it somewhere and want to do it. Does anyone think it's weird for significant others to gift each other an overnight at a hotel... alone? Like one parent watch the kid while the other parent checks in by themselves and gets to sleep, watch tv, order room service, etc undisturbed? Not even at a nice place necessarily. This sounds heavenly to me, but DH was like "but I want to be togetherrrrrr" womp womp. I kind of wanted him to do this for me for Valentine's Day  :D thoughts?
  • @meanjellybean Sounds nice to me.  Not that different than a spa day just with the overnight part and nobody would blink an eye at that.  Or that different than him getting some sports day fun (if he likes sports).  I've done it before and I don't have kids yet.
  • @meanjellybean
    When people annoyed me about what I wanted for Christmas, I told them exactly that.  A night alone in a hotel room.  And no one got it for me!  The nerve...

@stlbuckeye132
    I Loooooove melting pot!  I have to go there with my friends though, because DH says that it is so expensive for melted cheese.  Um, excuse me, it is fancy and delicious.  
  • @meanjellybean that sounds heavenly to me too, but MH would be exactly like yours. I think the difference is I'm introverted and he's extroverted.
  • @stlbuckeye132 mmmmm.... I love MP! I should see if they have an opening and go for an early dinner before a bday thing we have this weekend. 

@meanjellybean QT is my love language, so I wouldn't ever do it. Like, I'd much rather spend time with people. That said, I think that's a totally acceptable gift! A gift is supposed to be something you will love. If that's what you'll love, I say go for it!
  • @blaf322 and I would love it so much! Lol. And @stlbuckeye132 it's funny because most of the time I think I'm more extroverted than DH, but he's like @blaf322 where his love language is def quality time (but only with me apparently) and probably touch. Like he prefers cuddling while sleeping and I'm like for the love of god can you give me space so I can sleep! Hence why an empty hotel bed across from a tv sounds so heavenly to me  :D
  • @meanjellybean that sounds heavenly 😂. I feel like I would want the opposite, though. Like DH can take the kid and dogs and stay somewhere and I can have the house and my bed to myself. With the takeout of my choosing.
  • @meanjellybean omg MH's love language is touch and I HATE being touched. It's really not great. I feel you! haha
  • @stlbuckeye132 @meanjellybean
    I’m the same way. I feel like Kuzco from emperors new groove all the time ‘noooo touchy’
  • Thank goodness MH doesn't really love touch either. When it's time for sleep, we like to be as far apart as possible :D 
  • I'm a mega acts of service gal, nothing makes me feel more loved than coming home after a work event and H has cleaned the house, done the laundry, fed the cats, made the bed, filled my water bottle, and the like. He's a hybrid QT/words of affirmation guy which works for me. We're both very, very bad at gifts, both giving and receiving.
  • @pocketrose gifts are my very lowest as well. They’re nice. But there’s a reason we don’t do gifts for anything except mother’s/father’s day and choose to spend that money saved on a bigger vacation 
  • I’m all about touch and cuddling. We had a full size bed for the longest time and I loved it because it forced us to touch as we slept. Now we have a king, thanks to kids who want to climb in at night, and it feels like we’re so far apart most nights 
  • I like everything. Touch, QT, Words of Affirmation, Gifts... I'm very needy. 😬 

I'm headed for a girls day today. Pedicures and lunch out. I'm trying to decide if I should just wear leggings so the pedicure is easier, or take leggings along and just change quick before/after. The only jeans l have that still fit are skinny jeans, and the leg massage part would be difficult because they won't roll/slide up easily. 
  • @modoodles the answer is always leggings! 

On a very random note, I just ordered a second vacuum for our house to have an “upstairs vacuum.” The dogs sleep in our bedroom at night and I can no longer be bothered to haul the vacuum upstairs. And it really could stand to be vacuumed every other day, if not every day. I’m quite excited about this purchase 😂
  • @modoodles leggings. Always wear the leggings 
    @kristinl492 it’s the best! We have a downstairs one and upstairs one and it’s life changing 🤣🤣the little things 
  • @modoodles I had the same dilemma today. I wanted to wear pants. But they didn’t pas the test. So leggings it is 😂
  • @footdrbritt I’m seriously so excited. I’ve been wanting one forever. We have a robot vacuum that runs nightly downstairs and I frequently tell my husband that I love it more than him 😂. 
  • @modoodles definitely leggings and have fun! I’m about to make a target run by myself and that feels pretty pampering right now 😂

@kristinl492 I think I want to get a robot for our downstairs once we move to our new house. And then our vacuum could maybe be our upstairs vacuum. But to be honest I would never have considered two vacuums until reading you post lol I think I bought our vacuum (first vacuum I’ve ever owned) like a year ago... maybe that belongs in FFFC.