May 2020 Moms

Randoms (2/1 - 2/29)

Re: Randoms (2/1 - 2/29)

• @mamaj1220 You are right, I am in the Rocky Mountains, but I heard NY was getting hammered as well, we have family in western NY.  The Department of Transportation has a really good website with road updates and live cameras and such, so I just have to keep an eye on that throughout the day.  The road I drive is a designated "emergency route" so it may occasionally close for an hour or something to clean up an accident, but does not experience the long term closures of other roads when the weather is bad and tends to be well plowed by comparison, so yeah, I should make it home, in theory.

@soprano19 I try to pack breakfast and lunch and snacks for work, it's usually all gone before lunchtime!   :D

impatiently awaiting my glucose results to pop up in the portal...
  • @soprano19 I stopped at Starbucks this morning for egg bites and coffee and then found myself walking past my building to go to the bagel shop down the street because something told me I was going to need both this morning....9am here and I am already done with both 😂
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Loading the player...
  • @chewie5990 I'm just so sorry that you had to watch The Phantom Menace.
  • @soprano19 it was tough to get through - but DS loves the podracing scenes and he likes "kid darth vader"  
  • And now the network is down at work...  ugh.  I can’t do much without it and I hope it’s a random glitch that can be fixed soon and isn’t weather related.
  • @chewie5990 It sounds like we spend our days at home doing exactly. the. same
    things. 😂  So many magnatile fights in our house.. 
  • We have about 8-9 inches in my neighborhood right now and it's still coming down! Some poor teenager was out shoveling about 2 hours ago - he did the sidewalks up and down the entire street! But since it hasn't stopped snowing, they already need to be shoveled again. I thought about going out and shoveling our driveway and pathway to our front door while DS is napping...but I think I'm about to take a bath and watch a movie instead..hopefully MH will get home from work by 4 today and have time to shovel before it gets dark this evening 
  • @chewie5990 we keep hoping the snow will blow away before it's at the point we need to shovel  :D
  • @sunshinesea22 so glad he is doing well! He looks like he is so ready to come home with you <3 
  • @sunshinesea22 this is excellent news!
  • @jhysmath we had 18 inches when I got up this morning and it’s been snowing since.  Even more roads have closed and it just took me 2 freakin hours to get home from work instead of 40 min.  And the engine light came on in my car.  I am not a happy camper, but at least I am home now.
  • I’m glad you made it home safe, @pirateduck!

@sunshinesea22 - what a relief that Oliver’s surgery was so successful! He looks so happy to be with you in that pic. 

I hope everyone survived the snow days that had one! We also had a snow day, though I did work from home. H went into work, but thankfully they closed at noon so he came home soon after the snow started falling hard and accumulating fast and we holed up the rest of the day. 
  • Why oh why are children's sports so early in the morning?
  • @mamaj1220 ugh I wish DS's soccer was early! Instead his games are between 2-3 on the weekend which means he can't get his nap in and then he's extra tired from soccer and the evening is a total shit show! I always complain that whoever schedules the 3-4 yr olds in the afternoon must not have kids - I would love an 8am-9am game slot!
  • Storm totals 39 inches of snow in the last 48 hours.  Sun is out now, but the next bout of snow moves in tomorrow.  
  • Sometimes I think people who do scheduling don't think. Younger kids first thing in the morning. Get older throughout the day. 

My friend had an 8 year old last fall with football games that ended at 9 pm frequently. Uhm....what? And making 3-4 year olds to 2 pm??? Ridiculousness!

Glad everyone got home safe from their snow day. It's so weird to have NOT been included in the massive snow. Usually Northern Illinois is on the list for all major snow events (or at least it seems that way!). We only got 2" from the storm that went through on Thursday. We're only expecting another 3" this weekend. We expect multiple snow events from 6-12" and up per season 1-2 per week, usually Jan-Mar. This year we've only had two that size. One in October, one a week later in early November. It's so weird!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sunshinesea22, yay, glad to hear your little Oliver is recovering and in good spirits!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• @pourmeanothermocktail I hear you on the snow. We don't usually get much in central Illinois, but usually get a few good snows for sledding. It's been a bust so far this year.
  • So we were part of the large internet outage here and you guys while it was annoying I cannot believe how some people reacted! My FB is filled with over dramatic BS and I can’t 
  • jrouge12jrouge12 member
    edited February 2020
    @drkoyya Yay for DH feeling the baby kick! It doesn't happen a lot but I hate being the person thinking about calling the cops on a large party. I've never done it the closest I've come is neighbors setting off fireworks. We live in a wooded area where the houses aren't that far apart. Don't burn my place down while you're blowing off your fingers please.
  • @jrouge12 we are those neighbors with fireworks. 🙁 We throw a big party every summer, we are on 100 acres, but if you stand in the road you can see the neighbors property. My daughter slept through them the first year, last year I woke her up for them and she loved them 
  • @drkoyya Ick. I expect my neighbors to be polite and warn the street (via a note on doors, or whatnot) about late night outdoor parties. That super bothers me when they don't. I just view it as a courtesy. The very few times we did a similar, we worded ours an in invite to help spread good feelings. I think our town has an 11 pm noise curfew, and if it went loud long after that, I probably would have called. Or maybe walked over first.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh man, the how to deal with neighbors issue is a tricky topic.  I guess I’m of the opinion that people can/should be able to do what they want on their own property and stay out of each other’s business.  Provided they aren’t breaking any laws and putting others in danger I don’t feel it’s my place to interfere, nor do I want them interfering with me.  

It’s a bit different if you are in an apartment or condo and share walls/parking lot/etc., but then there are usually additional rules aimed at keeping the peace.
  • @jhysmath 100 acres is a big difference from properties on 1/2 an acre. If I was your neighbor I wouldn't judge!
  • That's so frustrating! I would have been so annoyed, but probably also would have suffered through it without calling because I don't like to be that person.

@pirateduck Other than noise issues, I'm with you on generally feeling that people can do what they please on their own property. Most towns have noise ordinances that include quiet hours overnight so technically a loud party that late is breaking the law.

I'm not a fan of people setting off their own fireworks. I get the appeal, and appreciate those that at least do it safely in more rural areas; however, my anxiety cannot handle the noise in the middle of the night. Especially when a few go off then it's silent for a bit then a few more, etc. The unpredictability is so hard on my nerves. I can't even imagine how much harder it must be for someone with PTSD from a war zone.
  • Fireworks are not legal here with good cause, it's soooooo dry at the best of times.  2 summers ago we had a 14,000 acre wildfire burning within eyesight of the house.  Then last summer there was one that burned about 10,000 acres.  I don't ever want to be that close again.

I do believe that fireworks can be had safely and provide entertainment, just not here.
  • @pirateduck Amazon has a HSA/FSA search option?!? That's life changing.
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @drkoyya yes!  I couldn't figure out how to set it from the main menu, but once you search something, on the left hand side appear a ton of filters you can apply and it showed up near the bottom of the list for me.
  • @pirateduck @drkoyya I would suggest still looking into your HSA/FSA as well to make sure you can purchase it. I haven't had an HSA, but I've had a few FSA accounts and it seems like each plan/provider has slightly different things that are fine, need some sort of approval or are not covered. For example, even though the Owlet is in that search function, your provider may require a Statement of Medical Necessity or something like that.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua thank you!  This is my first time with an HSA.  I didn’t realize some things may need to be a medical necessity but it doesn’t surprise me as I’ve come across that with various tests/procedures my doctor has wanted as well and insurance coverage.  The main point of my HSA is to cover my huge deductible this year, which I know is a qualified expense, as well as any extras my dental insurance doesn’t cover.
  • @pirateduck I know to be eligible for my HSA the monitor had to include some sort of mechanism to monitor breathing/other stats, which worked out for the one we wanted, but definitely double check for any caveats before purchasing!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20