May 2020 Moms
Options

Randoms (2/1 - 2/29)

Re: Randoms (2/1 - 2/29)

• Options
    @jhysmath any chance you can play the card about how busy you will be prepping to go to NY that you can’t have visitors until then?  

My family is saying how they want to come “help.” There are very few people I think would be genuinely helpful vs. stressful.  
  • Options
    Ugh, @jhysmath I have no advice, but hugs for support. That sounds awful and stressful. No thank you, don't fly her out and drop her on us, don't want. Sorry, not sorry.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jhysmath I hope it goes well! 

I apparently wrote the time wrong for my appointment today and am here 45 minutes early 🙄🙄🙄 so I’m sitting in my car doing some work because why not. Also a work bitch we share an office building with another company, I am not and have never been a part of said company so why do I have to be there to get their deliveries? Why isn’t that on them?!
  • Options
    @jhysmath I think the text to your BIL is wonderfully written & you explained yourself well! Even though he probably can’t imagine what birth/healing is like, you were able to describe it medically for him to understand. Hopefully it works! I also know what it’s like to have a mama’s boy for a husband. He does everything that she says. He used to not be able to stand up to her at all, even if he didn’t want to do something. Over the years, I have gotten him to stand up to her or say no more, but it is still a struggle. 

• Options
    @jhysmath I personally probably would've just lied about my due date by a few weeks, but that miiiight make me a bad person and maybe you handled it more like an adult haha so kudos to you! I hope your BIL understands and will respect your wishes. 

With DD1 DH was so excited and while I was in labor kept asking when he should start telling his family (they were like 45 minutes from hospital).  I told him he can just wait until baby is born because it's not like they're going to rush back the second she pops out anyway.  But whatever he said to his dad and step mom they ended up showing up waiting in the waiting room which was super fun because we maybe see them once a year and aren't even on great terms so exactly the people I want seeing DD within seconds after she is born.  Thankfully it worked out that she was born just after midnight and by the time we had our time together, breastfed, and they took her to clean her up it was probably close to 3 before we were in a room and they had gotten "too tired" and left so win-win I guess.  I've already warned him this time that I don't want anyone knowing when I even go to the hospital (other than my parents because I'll probably have my mom in the delivery room with us again and my dad will most likely be watching DD1).  With DD1 I was induced though and made the mistake of telling people so everyone knew when it was coming.  Hoping I can go on my own this time, but if not maybe I'll just casually not mention I'm being induced to everyone else?

Last night DD1 had a huge tantrum because I told her to stop drinking bath water and if she did it again she was getting out.  Well she did it again so we got out.  She screamed for probably 20+ minutes just yelling "I want my daddy I want my daddy!" over and over (he had just gone out to the garage).  So clearly she thinks she can get away with whatever she wants with daddy.  She kicked me the whole time I was trying to dress her, kept running away, telling me to go away etc.  Finally she came to me for a hug and wanted me to hold her.  I told her it wasn't nice to kick me and she needed to apologize and also she kicked her baby sister and that's not nice either.  So in between sobs she hugged me and said sorry and then scooted down to my belly and hugged my belly and said sorry.  I'm not sure if this is just the age where the REAL tantrums start or if this has something to do with taking her binky away last week and now she doesn't know how to soothe herself when she's upset.  She isn't asking for the binky or crying for it, but I'm still wondering if she still had it if this wouldn't have gone on quite so long.
  • Options
    @mokay19 Not sure if you eat this but organ meats (liver) are going to be the most nutrient dense. Red meats, spinach, pumpkin seeds are great sources of iron as well.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @mokay19 make sure to combine your iron rich foods with foods high in vitamin c, they help absorption. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @bananapanda Oh man the tantrums. I’m sure it’s really hard to deal with that but hold your ground on no binky and maybe the tantrums  will be a little longer and worse right now, but you will be glad that you held up once she does learn to self soothe without the pacifier.
  • Options
    @jhysmath I hope the text to your BIL works well for you. Sounds like a stressful situation that I hope is resolved easily. I liked @pirateduck suggestion of using the prepping for your NY trip as an excuse if the text seems to go no where. 

@bananapanda I agree with @shamrocandrollabout the tantrum stage. 2-4 seems to be rough when they are trying to figure out hownto express themselves and gain some control/independence over situations. Sometimes it feels like a constant battle, but eventually gets better. Hang in there!
  • Options
    @bananapanda my DD1 is 2y4m and I could have written your entire post. I think this is just a normal phase for this age. When I get super frustrated or upset with her behavior, I have to remind myself that 1) everything is temporary and no phase lasts forever, and 2) she's inherently and normally a really good, sweet kid and this behavior is out of the ordinary for her. It's really hard though, and I have a hard time remembering that it's not because I'm a bad parent.
  • Options
  • Options
    @soprano19 good luck both with passing and keeping your sanity for that long in the waiting room!
  • Options
    @soprano19 @ruby696 Good luck to both of you!  I have my 1 hour tomorrow morning.  No dessert for me tonight, womp womp.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @soprano19 and @ruby696 Good luck! The test can be boring, but it will be over soon. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 that’s good news! Did you fail the 1 hour, or did they send you straight to the 3 hour because you’re having multiples?
  • Options
    @ruby696 glad the draws went well!
    @soprano19 hope everything works out and that your sandwich is delicious!
  • Options
    @soprano19 Straight to 3 hr, although they didn't tell me why. I don't have a history of GD and I'm not obese, so I'm guess multiples?
  • Options
    @jhysmath glad your BIL was on board with everything and hopefully it can actually work out like you hope!
  • Options
    @jrouge12 Student fights thankfully don't happen often at our school. My first two years teaching though I broke up two different fights and all my students were shocked to see me run outside to break the fights up by myself. I'm at a tiny rural school with "good kids" who I truly believe would never hurt me or another teacher on purpose. I'm from a much larger school like 25 times bigger than this school and also a very urban school where fights would happen all the time in the hallways and you would just deal with it and push through, actually someone got stabbed recently there in a fight, so when I see two kids fighting here I feel like it's a just a joke. 
  • Options
    @jrouge12 @jhysmath we have fights occasionally at our school, but I generally don’t leave my classroom all day (including at lunch because I like to keep it open for kids) and am not aware of them. Music kids don’t tend to be the ones getting in fights, so I only hear about it after the fact when they come in gossiping after lunch.
  • Options
    @catem07 I was just telling my friend this weekend that looking at nursing tops online makes me laugh because sometimes they show you nothing and sometimes they try to do a peek-a-boob thing that is only kind of helpful.
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Options
    @catem07 I never bought any nursing specific clothes, I just lived in low cut tops for 18 months
  • Options
    @emlettuce I definitely prefer nursing clothes. I have no qualms about nursing in public but prefer to do that in clothes that are made for nursing since they're often more discreet. I still have some from my first daughter, but most aren't that summery. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @catem07 With DD I just invested in a lot of nursing tanks and layered loose t's, shirts, cardigans over top. It worked for me. It was nursing friendly, easy to dress up or down, and cost friendly.