March 2020 Moms
Options

NIPT Tests/Discussion/Questions/Results

123457»

Re: NIPT Tests/Discussion/Questions/Results

• Options
    @projectalice congratulations!!! That’s kind of funny that you both found out by accident lol! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @dunder_mifflin! It was kinda funny, I wanted us to find out together as a surprise, but it just didn't work out. Then my mom was mad that I didn't tell her early apparently! 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    Congratulations @abbyanneheird !! 💙💙💙
  • Options
    @abbyanneheird congratulations on having a boy!! 
    @Madamemerle so glad you got them! I was happy with harmony, I liked the “less than 1/10,000 report”
    @kagesstarshroom awesome! Remind me, are you team green? 
  • Options
    @dunder_mifflin haha i am team "i know but i am not telling." which maybe i will grow out of after too many people ask me lol, but for now. <3
  • Options
    Congrats to everyone on the amazing results!!  :-D  I'm so happy for everyone!
  • Options
    @stassischroeder so happy for you!!!
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @stassischroeder congratulations on the results - we added micro deletion too!

also that story is so cute! Congratulations on baby girl! 
  • Options
    @stac4056 congratulations on great results and baby girl! That’s amazing!
  • Options
    @hmjensen Same thing happened to me last time... and I also was the jerk who called first thing at 8:30 when they opened. Zero regrets! Good luck! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @hmjensen What an anxiety-inducing hassle!  Any updates!?  
  • Options
    Oh so awesome! Yay
  • Options
    Just got my bill from Quest...just. say. NOOOOO. 😤🙃😟🤭
  • Options
    @abbyanneheird Oh noooo is it expensive??  :(  Did insurance not cover it?
  • Options
    Update: had my 16 week appt today and brought the bill with me. They are going to resubmit the claim with a different code. The original bill I got was for $797.01. Can you say STROKE? I was expecting about $200 or so because that’s what the doctor told me to expect if insurance didn’t cover it. Fingers crossed they can get it down for me!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @abbyanneheird I recommend talking directly with the testing company. The Quest website has a ton of information regarding insurance coverage, pricing without insurance, and pricing if insurance denies coverage. For instance, one of their documents states that "Insured patients, whose plan denied QNatal Advanced as a non-covered service, should not pay more than $300." and "We offer an uninsured patient price (UPP) for the majority of states of $395 for qualified patients whose physicians are enrolled in Quest’s UPP program". Check out this document. 

At any rate, I'd talk directly with them. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @abbyanneheird I second what @stassischroeder about talking directly to the testing company.  I got tests done through Myriad/Counsyl that my insurance wasn't going to cover, and it was going to be about that same astronomically high price.  I talked to the company directly and they said I qualified for assistance, so they ended up paying for the entire thing.  I didn't have to pay a dime!  Call 'em!
  • Options
    My doctor called them for me because they were told the same thing from their NIPT rep (shouldn’t be more than $300 without insurance coverage). They spoke with the rep today and the rep is looking into it. For now, I’m holding off and not paying on the bill!
  • Options
    @jenEP That's great!  I'm so happy for you that your scan went great and all looks good in there!  :) 
  • Options
    @jenEP SO glad to hear this. Nothing better than hearing PERFECT, especially after the fears! Yay!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    Update: had my 16 week appt today and brought the bill with me. They are going to resubmit the claim with a different code. The original bill I got was for $797.01. Can you say STROKE? I was expecting about $200 or so because that’s what the doctor told me to expect if insurance didn’t cover it. Fingers crossed they can get it down for me!
    I also got billed an insane amount - $690.

But I think it is just par for the course with my high deductible plan?! I'm guessing it would have actually been cheaper to not run it through insurance. In any case we've reached the deductible now, thank God. But unfortunately, we have to switch insurance in January and start over, eugh.