March 2020 Moms
Options

NIPT Tests/Discussion/Questions/Results

Re: NIPT Tests/Discussion/Questions/Results

• Options
    Should I start a gender announcement thread? (I know it should be sex, but probably not as well received). Many of us are finding out and posting here, but other are doing the sneak peek and posting there, and then there will be those finding out in a few weeks/months. I get nervous starting posts...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @momoftoddlers great news. And so exciting on the boy! 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @stassischroeder Yeah once I got the lab report I started looking up info on Galactosemia. Yeah it's very unlikely that he is also a carrier so that's a plus. Glad the baby is healthy. Guess I will be waiting for my anatomy scan in November to find out the sex. 
  • Options
    @stacey6689 Totally sucks that they didn't test for the sex, but at least the baby is healthy! :)  
  • Options
    @lemonlove86 - I had my draw with Natera on the same day as you and have been anxiously waiting for the results!!! No news yet and the wait is killing me.  Will call them later today to follow up - my doctor is notorious for not calling with results on time.
  • Options
    @sweatpea99 hoping they call you back today! The waiting is awful!

I did the same thing Wednesday, they had to review it but they ended up calling back within the hour! We found out we are having a healthy baby girl!
  • Options
    OMG! @sweatpea20 good luck!!! I'll call the office on Monday to see if there's an update with my results too. Let us know how it all turned out!
  • Options
    @babyfox320 congratulations!!! That’s so awesome! Baby girl 🤗

Dynacare (Harmony) called me today and said they received my sample and will likely have results mid next week. But in Canada the doctor legally has to call/see you in person to share results so who knows how long that piece will take (although my doctor is very good at being responsive and calling generally). So I’m hoping I don’t need a re-draw, genetics counselor said 3 days is not a huge difference so they are going to use my original date of March 25. I mean what can I do 🤷🏻‍♀️ I guess I wait a bit longer and do the NT scan in about 1.5 weeks to get some info. I’m oddly calm. I figure this is the first test in parenthood, I can’t control everything 
  • Options
    I had my NIPT blood test drawn on the 29th. I’m anxiously awaiting results. I just called my doctors office to see if the results happened to be in, and of course I had to leave a message on the nurse line :-/ lol my doctor told me it would take about a week so I’m waking up everyday wishing they would call! 
  • Options
    I called Labcorp and apparently they processed and sent results in about 2 days. They said they are with my provider as of yesterday, but my provider doesn't have them. 2 days makes me nervous though - hoping that doesn't mean it was a low fetal fraction so they couldn't actually process it. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @lemonlove86 congratulations on a healthy baby girl! That’s so amazing!
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom true! I wish I could get them online or over the phone. It’s probably to ensure people are informed properly with advise from an MD? it’s also one of the only tests my midwife can’t order which I found unusual. My family doctor did the requisition since I don’t have an OB so family doctor gets results and then they are sent to midwife after I review with my doctor.
    hopefully mid this week I’ll know results or if I have to re-draw. ☺️

@justlauren05 congratulations on healthy baby girl! That’s amazing!!
  • Options
    @Madamemerle holy shit that’s such a frustrating story! I’m so sorry!!
  • Options
    @Madamemerle man, what is up with these offices?!! Makes me a little nervous that they make so many little mistakes with something so dire. Hope you get results soon!!
    @dunder_mifflin glad you don’t have to redraw and get your results tomorrow!! 
  • Options
    Oh man, sending hugs out to everyone who is dealing with stressful OB clinics and testing procedures.  You'd think these companies would have the best interest of pregnant ladies in mind, but apparently that isn't the case. 

@dunder_mifflin YAY for great results!!!!!  And ooooh let us know when you find out the sex!!! <3

@AAAG13 I'm so glad your results came back great!
  • Options
    @dunder_mifflin That's funny re: the email--DH was in the office when I was asking to OB how the results call would go, and I specifically asked him in front of her if it was okay that I knew first and he was like, "yup!" I suppose you could OPEN the email and then save it as unopened if you really wanted to haha..... I won't tell! <3
  • Options
    Thank you @Malidocious!

and lol @kagesstarshroom I wish that was his response!! Haha! But alas DH is very sentimental and I know how much it will mean to him if I wait - so I guess I’ll be a good partner 🙄 even though I really want to do what you suggested. Haha! I’ll let y’all know soon!