April 2020 Moms
Options

Introduce Yourself!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

• Options
    edited September 2019
    A big hello to all you Gorgeous Moms-to-be!
    🤱
    I am 31, a FTM, EDD April 27! DH and I are so excited! Tiny Baby Flapper is 8W3D now (Heartbeat in ultrasound made it look like it’s flapping! 😅)! I have PCOS, so wasn’t sure we would conceive naturally but our little flapper is now on the way!

Excited to be part of this community and sharing this journey together with you all! 😍
  • Options
    @korthouse Thanks! I have been doing PT and it's feeling a lot better. Now I just have to figure out how to get back to exercising without messing it up again! I'm going to look into pilates and yoga classes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lisush I hear you on the exercise front! I'm looking into options too because currently I feel like a big lump  :D
  • Options
    @sarahemily84 hello! I’m from Maine too! 
  • Options
    Hello @babyrummom! It’s nice to know there’s someone local on this board. 
  • Options
    *TW*

We had our follow-up u/s today and LO hasn't grown and there's still no HB, so it looks like I'm out. :(

Hopefully, things will work out and I'll be able to join another birth month club in a few months. 

Good luck to the rest of you ladies!

*TW*

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Options
    @mamasloth I'm so sorry 
  • Options
    @mamasloth I'm so sorry. Take good care.  <3
  • Options
    @mamasloth really sorry to hear this. Please take care. 
  • Options
    @mamasloth I’m so sorry. Sending hugs and prayers your way. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @mamasloth I’m so sorry. Take care of yourself, mama! 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    How to delete this post?
  • Options
    @mamasloth So sorry fo hear that! Praying that you’d be back in another 2020 club soon!
  • Options
    KerriAnnDEKerriAnnDE member
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    My Aug 17 mom group did an excel doc at one point that we could each fill out with screen name, location, due date, gender team, and then we updated with actual birthdays as we got closer. It was nice to see who was close to each other and see how many boys/girls we were expecting and get updates on team greens and babies arriving. Would we be up for doing something like that?
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I'd be up for that. I liked our Aug 17 spreadsheet!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had one in S17 too. I thought about creating one, but not tech savvy on my phone. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    aureatenova33aureatenova33 member
    edited October 2019
    Hello to all! I'm 35 and this will be my 2nd time around! Completely suprised and unplanned too. My daughter will turn 9 in April. Judging from my LMP, my due date is april 27th which is funny because my daughters was april 26th (born the 18th) and my birthday is april 30th. I go for my first OB appointment this next friday. I had an optional scan and the dna SneakPeak blood testing done at a local place, so have some pics that measured 8w5d (due date 4-29) but we will see what my OB says my official date is. The sneakpeak test is saying its a boy! I'm an LPN and work in an adolescent inpatient unit on the weekends. Hmm, lets see what else. we have two dogs, a cat, and have been married since 2007. glad to meet you all!
  • Options
    @tfor2 I'm also a FTM in Canada! I grew up here, but some of my family is away on sabbatical for a while so I'm doing my best to share the preggo journey with them from away. Our pups also aren't thrilled with some of the changes we've started making! Haven't evicted them from the bed yet. Not sure how we'll be able to without serious protests through the night! What else are you doing to baby-prep your pupper?
  • Options
    @korthouse I threw 3 of our dogs out of the bed in preparation for DS. It was tough for about a week, but hey got used to it. We also put out some of the larger baby items in advance and taught them not to mess with the baby’s things. We read up about how to introduce dogs to baby, which went surprisingly well for the most part. They are still spoiled, but they can’t be the center of our universe any more. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @korthouse We were really worried about how our pup would react to not being allowed up on the bed, but he's handled it pretty well. He's now got his own special spot in the room, and after the first few nights where he'd wake every hour to come and check we were still there (we got a little taste of what's to come with baby!) he's sleeping through fine! We've been trying to be more consistent with training him not to jump up on us when he get's excited (struggling with this one!). He's also now only allowed on the couch (and only when he's invited) and not all the furniture (again, struggling a little). But he's getting the idea. Next step is to get a blanket on the floor that he isn't allowed on to prep for when baby is on the floor (tummy time etc.). A long process ahead I think!
  • Options
    @tfor2 That's a great idea to train for tummy time. Of of ours is just a puppy so I feel like she'll pick everything up for readily but my pug is stubborn and clingy (which I love!) so we'll see how this goes. I also need to train myself to get in a more frequent habit of getting their nails trimmed or filed down. Luckily because we have two now they do keep themselves occupied a lot so puggo is less in need of constant snuggling.
  • Options
    @korthouse One of my pugs is super clingy. Always wants to be on my lap. It’s taken some work, but he has learned that he can’t jump on me when DS is in my lap. Now that DS is old enough to play with him and give him food, he’s accepted him more. The pug we lost in August was very spoiled and mostly stayed away from DS, so he traded the couch for his dog bed in a room that DS didn’t frequent. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I’m 31 and I’m from Canada. My EDD is April 9th. I have a 2 year old daughter and she’s very excited to be a big sister! I did the sneak peak test a few weeks ago and it said boy! However, I’m a little hesitant to believe it. 

I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy pregnancy :)
  • Options
    uh @literatureandink I have been WAITING FOR THIS!!! I am so so happy you're comfortable enough to join in and I am so happy for you!!!!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @literatureandink Welcome. It is definitely not too late to join in. So happy that you are comfortable enough to jump in now. Also, I have 4 dogs (it was 5 until we lost one in August). No judgment from me on the number of pets. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    Thank you @chichiphin and @mercury94 for your warm welcomes! @chichiphin I'll admit I'm jealous that March BMB got you! ;-)
  • Options
    lol @literatureandink I'm technically April 1, so we are very close in EDDs!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @literatureandink I totally hoped @chichiphin was introing when I saw her post and just doing both BMBs. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @literatureandink not too late at all! A lot of people are not comfortable joining until later. Welcome
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @literatureandink omgosh! Hi friend! So happy that you have joined in here. <3
  • Options
    @littleredm it's so good to see you here, too!! :-)
  • Options
    *lurking*

@literatureandink I am so so so SO happy to see you here!!! I’m gonna admit, I have also been waiting and hoping that we would see you back here. I’m glad you’re feeling comfortable and I’m wishing you nothing but a smooth and easy pregnancy from
     now on!