March 2020 Moms

July Symptoms

Re: July Symptoms

• @abbyanneheird If the morning sickness is so bad you can’t function all day, talk to your doctor. Mine was so bad I couldn’t keep up with my toddler last pregnancy, so I ended up taking the prescription meds which helped a lot. Hope you feel better soon! 
  • Oh my gosh the nausea!   I’m 6w4d and last week remember hoping for some symptoms beyond tired and painful boobs so I would feel like this was a real thing, not just a reaction to the ivf meds but oh my!  definitely all day sick and having such a hard time looking after my son.  We were strict on tv, I say were as it’s just movies and paw patrol all day so mama can lay on the couch.  Trying to remember this is just a limited blip of time but also now scared about how on Earth I will get my job done!
    EmilyLove25projectalice
  • Loading the player...
  • Weird symptoms... Anyone else having “flutters”? I definitely didn’t have them this early with my first. It’s probably just agitated bladder or uterus, but it definitely doesn’t feel like gas. Anyone else having weird ass dreams? I’m having the craziest dreams recently! I feel like I did have this with my first but can’t rememeber! Am I crazy or anyone else?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • @laurenm2123 I’ve been having what I think are ligament pains down there if I move too fast. I thought that usually happened later but with every successive pregnancy I’m noticing things happen earlier. (This is #3 for me).
    EmilyLove25lm45678
  • @momoftoddlers Funny you mention ligament pains, I swear I am feeling them now, especially after hours of standing/movement, and this also would be my third baby. 

@Noodlepig Hugs! I remember from DS how debilitating it was. But haha, I am at 5 weeks 4 days, like you were a week ago, and I am like you were then... just waiting for some serious symptoms, so I can relax and feel better about this one! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

stassischroedermomoftoddlers
  • Ok here’s a “good” symptom! I’m a nail biter because I normally have brittle, flimsy nails, but now they are stronger and I’m not biting them! I actually painted my nails last night. They are still short but not jagged and torn up, at least. I remember this from last time too! I’m definitely going to get a manicure at some point!
    mrsvp614stassischroederEmilyLove25
  • @kantobean That is a good symptom! One of my favorite symptoms last time around was that my leg hair growth slowed down a lot. Ha! Super random, but I'm ready for that to return. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
    stassischroeder
  • @laurenm2123 I’ve had weird flutters also! i know it’s too early to feel movement from the babe, but maybe organs are just moving out of the way to make room. Like “oh we know the drill.” Lol 🤷🏼‍♀️

Ive also started getting ligament pain! I almost dropped my toddler the other day because it happened when I was holding him. I don’t remember having them until WAY later with him. But I’m also much rounder already than I was. It’s crazy. This is my third baby (5th pregnancy), so I think my body just gave up. My belly button has even started deflating already. I think it’ll be an outie before second tri if I keep going at this rate 😭
  • I'm at 4w+4d, some small symptoms last week. But something hit me yesterday and I'm feeling like a hungry hungry hippo. I really need to work on my snack game, I'm feeling extremely unprepared.
    BFP: 7/8/19
    EDD: 3/19/20

lm45678EmilyLove25projectalicelulu780
  • Ok here’s a “good” symptom! I’m a nail biter because I normally have brittle, flimsy nails, but now they are stronger and I’m not biting them! I actually painted my nails last night. They are still short but not jagged and torn up, at least. I remember this from last time too! I’m definitely going to get a manicure at some point!
    keeksie84
  • @laurenm2123 I never stopped having phantom baby kicks after DS was born 15+ months ago lol. I'm pretty sure it's just uterine or bladder muscle twitches.

I guess my most noticeable symptom this week has been moodiness. By no fault of his own, every thing DH does annoys me to no end. And I find that my patience is in short supply, which makes me feel bad. And remember how I was worried because I was feeling cold all the time? Yeah, that was fun and I'd like that back. Now if I'm moving I'm HOT as hell. Oh, and I pee a lot. But, along with @EmilyLove25 I'd be happy to have some more definitive symptoms. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

momoftoddlerslm45678EmilyLove25varimama
  • The bloat got real over the weekend.  Moodiness would be my only other symptom so far.  
  • My doctor gave me samples of Bonjesta to try for my severe morning sickness. Has anyone tried this? 
  • @abbyanneheird yes! It looks like same active ingredients as diclegis, (antihistamine and b6 supplement), my doctor told me to take Benadryl and b6 over the counter last time to avoid high prescription cost = same thing and it works 
    abbyanneheirdRanFan28
  • So.much.gas. The bloating is uncomfortable! I’m also feeling extra tired. 
  • @abbyanneheird I took diclegis (same stuff essentially) last time for my severe morning sickness and it made me SO tired. It helped a little but I could only take it at night.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @abbyanneheird I took diclegis with my last pregnancy for hypermesis gravardium (lost 11 pounds in two weeks), and it was a lifesaver! I didn’t notice it making me any more tired than I already was, and I was still somewhat nauseated, but I didn’t throw up nearly as much. Good luck! I hope it helps. 
    projectalice
  • @bluguitarhannah Oh man the bloat is real. Right now it's just making me feel really chubby and therefore pretty bummed about it. I can't wait to switch over to maternity and feel more round and less squishy. 
  • @laurenm2123 @miss.sally I've also felt weird flutters/bubbles for the last week. I also know it's not baby yet, but it's definitely making me excited to feel him/her scooting around in there! 
    lm45678
  • @keeksie84 yes exactly! I know it’s not the baby I’m feeling but it makes me very excited to feel real baby movements. I’m also not very symptomatic at this point except for bloating and sore boobs, so right now I’m appreciating any symptom of pregnancy!

@mommytimesfour @bluguitarhannah yes holy bloat!! I am so uncomfortable!! It may also be all the food I’m eating on vacation :#  I am definitely starving this time around!

@stassischroeder yes to the phantom baby kicks! I definitely had those for awhile after DD was born, but she’s 3 now so it’s been awhile. Phantom kicks are such a bizarre thing!

@lusineg I can totally relate to feeling like a hungry hungry hippo! Life has been crazy since we found out- we moved our house into a pod for renovations and are now on vacation with my whole family. I really need to go to the grocery store and get small healthy snacks and good meals to try to keep me satisfied during the day. I’m going to gain 100 pounds this pregnancy if I don’t get it together soon!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
    stassischroeder
  • My morning sickness takes over from around noon until 5pm every day. I haven’t thrown up but the nausea is so bad I can barely move. Nothing is working and I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to take meds just for nausea (but I have them in case I start throwing up). 

I also just started getting a cold (thanks DS), so add that on to the nausea and no sleep and hormones and I just throw myself a pity party all day. 
  • @miss.sally I’m sorry! That’s so miserable. I haven’t had any MS yet this time, but last pregnancy it helped to just keep snacking on mild foods throughout the day. If I didn’t eat every two hours, I felt worse. 

Otherwise, I don’t have any tips. 
    miss.sally
  • @miss.sally don't torture yourself! Take the meds if you're miserable!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

momoftoddlersmrsvp614projectalice
  • @miss.sally I have a device called the Relief band.  It's more than accupressure bands.  It's pricey but I got this when suffering from crippling nausea and vertigo. I won't be graphic but the nausea and vomitting was just beyond out of control. It completely changed my life and helped me function.  It's safe for pregnant women.  Just a thought on something to try.  I hope you feel better soon.
  • @kantobean I’ve tried snacking and it actually makes it worse.  I try to force myself to eat but I don’t really have an appetite. 

@stassischroeder I may, I’m just nervous because I’m already so tired and it contains unisom. Gotta have some semblance of energy to chase my toddler. 

@bluguitarhannah I will look that up! Can you find them on amazon? I had severe all-day sickness with DS. I lost 11 pounds in a week and a half before they finally gave me meds. I couldn’t even keep a glass of water down. It was horrible. So I’m definitely thankful it isn’t like that!! 
    stassischroederprojectalice
  • @miss.sally Yes, I have ordered from Amazon.  That's been the cheapest source for me.  I'm a 10 year user (sometimes daily) and I have replaced a couple.  They take batteries so you can get a lot of wear out of it. 
    miss.sally
  • @miss.sally In the book I am reading by Emily Oster, she talks about how reluctant women often are to take meds for MS, and goes thru the history of why. Her treatment, in order, is... small meals first. if that doesn't work, take B6 plus ginger ale, and if that doesn't work, take b6 + either unisom or diclegis. and if thatttt doesn't work, take zofran. so there are options before meds, but if those aren't working, those are the best, safest meds to reach for. She's done a lot of number crunching to write the book and make her recommendations. it's a great book--called EXPECTING BETTER. I recommend it! Maybe see if your library/local bookstore has a copy and at least read the chapter on morning sickness?
    lemonlove86
  • merle89merle89 member
    edited July 2019
    I am 5 weeks today based on my LMP and dont feel many symptoms which does make me worry, I know I should enjoy not being nauseous but it would make me less anxious to know the pregnancy is progressing properly.

I do have sore breasts and have been having very vivid and emotional dreams since before I even got my BFP.  

Is anyone else having insane dreams?
    Me (30) | DH (29)
    Married 8/02/2019
    EDD 3/18/20 <3
  • @kagesstarshroom I’ve heard that book mentioned a few times and I think I’ll get it for my kindle! I took diclegis last time, and this time my insurance didn’t cover it, so my OB gave me the proper dosage of unisom + B6. So that’s what I have waiting at home. I guess I’ve just felt guilty for taking it if I’m not actually throwing up and super sick. Maybe I’m being ridiculous. I will try the B6 and ginger ale first though. And I’m currently in the parking lot of Target to pick up some morning sickness tea that a friend recommended. 
    stassischroederkagesstarshroomprojectalice
  • @miss.sally I didn’t throw up once my last pregnancy but I had crippling nausea and the meds helped so much. Morning sickness comes in many varieties! If your dr approved the meds, I would at least try them. 
    miss.sally
  • @miss.sally I’m so sorry you are so miserable!! I was that way for a long time with my daughter, and I know how miserable it can be! I agree with others to take the meds if you need them! FX this doesn’t last too long!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
    miss.sally
  • Anyone else experiencing insomnia already? I’m crashing around an hour earlier than usual at night but then I wake up around 1-2am and can’t go back to sleep. It is not helping the exhaustion during the day... 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

miss.sallyprojectalice
  • @varimama up at 5:30 this morning and can’t go back to sleep. I’ll be completely wiped by 2pm.
  • slim000slim000 member
    edited July 2019
    Hi! I’m new to the group. Well, if I’m being honest I’ve been creeping on it for a while but have been too afraid to post (anxiety that I will jinx myself). Last week I had mostly food aversions, then a short period of nausea kicked in. However the past 2-3 days I haven’t felt nauseous at all... if anything I’m eating more. 

Does anyone else experience symptoms that come and go? I feel like I’m going crazy. I never thought I would wish for nausea!!

Merle89... I also had barely any symptoms at week 5. But I too had very vivid dreams!!
    EmilyLove25
  • edited July 2019
    @slimjoco yes, symptoms come and go. Try to relax, intro here, and keep lurking around the threads to get some answers to questions as many have already been asked. Welcome!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

kagesstarshroommrsvp614EmilyLove25WorkingOnMyNightCheese
  • Y’all, the Bonjesta is a LIFE SAVER! I take it at 7 am and 7 pm and it has completely stopped the vomiting. If I’m nauseous, the meds make it to where I can eat so I feel better. I haven’t been able to eat or drink for 3 days so this is huge! Yes, it zaps me out, but I work 8-5 so I kinda just push through and take a quick nap on my lunch break. Honestly, I’d take the tired feeling over nausea and vomiting all day every day! Most women say their bodies adjust to the grogginess after a week of taking it. Going to hug my doctor’s neck the next time I see her lol. 
    NTbaby17miss.sallylm45678projectalice
  • Definitely taking some tips from all your comments, ladies. Thanks! Threw up last night for the first time (milestone ✅😂) because I barely ate anything and I know I need to force myself to but I really have no appetite. We were at a restaurant last night with friends and the pictures on the menu made me gag ugh. 
    kagesstarshroomEmilyLove25
  • My boobs are ON FIRE. I don't remember it being this bad with my son
    Pregnancy Ticker
    projectalice
  • I’m 7 weeks tomorrow and so far I’m basically just a burping machine. Eat something? Burp. Take a swig of water—burp. Haha it’s actually kind of painful at times!
    Only a few bouts of nausea but not regularly. 
    Boobs are sore, some days more than others. Then just tired—like pretty much useless or asleep by 7:30-8ish. Also, had a few days of spotting as well. 
    projectalice
  • I'm 3w6d today and have had loose stools (same with pregnancy #1), sore boobs off and on, minor cramping/uterus stretching and feeling insanely hungover when I wake up every morning. Good thing I have my tricks to ease that from when I was pregnant with DS. I get queasy off and on, but usually when my tummy is empty. I also sometimes feel pregnant and then sometimes don't so I just keep peeing on all the sticks! 😂
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

kagesstarshroom