January 2020 Moms

The Great Name Thread

Anyone thinking of names yet? Feel free to share all of your ideas! 

Re: The Great Name Thread

• @BumpAdmin please sticky 
  • So far we have Eala (ale-a) for a girl & john henry but known as henry for a boy. I now need an extra for both & so far have nothing 😕
  • Loading the player...
  • @leprechaunlady picking names is possibly the number one thing that would panic me about having twins! It took us forever to come up with one name for DS

For a girl I like: Eleanor, Eloise, Adeline, Claire, Cora

For a boy I like: James/Jameson, Henry, Thomas 
  • @MrsJessS dd is called cora! She was going to be arya up until about 6 weeks before she was born but then it didnt feel right & we changed to cora.

my sister is also pregnant & stuggling with names but my nephew has decided their new baby will be called niamh & there is no swaying him on it! Lol
  • If we have a girl we're thinking Evangeline Lily or Isabella Luna

For boy: Ace or Santiago, unfortunately my fiance is adamant james or john follow the first name to keep in lline with his family, so im really hoping for a girl because a disagreement will happen if not lol
  • Love all the names so far.. has it been easy to pick for all of you?

Girl: Lilianna   
    Boy: Nico

• Girl: Lilianna, Adaline, Victoria
    Boy: nothing, literally nothing. DH and I can't agree on anything. I like Theodore, Lawerence, and Gilbert but he vetoed all of them. He wants Jean Luc (as in Picard).
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited June 2019
    I have zero ideas for either girl or boy names. I don’t know if it’s a subconscious thing or what but there’s nothing. Dh still likes Nicholas from when we were deciding on ds’ name. 

Eta: Cora is so sweet @mrsjesss @leprechaunlady
  • Girl: DH is only accepting Wren at the moment. I think it makes a better middle name to go with our last name. So I'm not sold yet. I like lots of other names too but he is totally stuck.

Boy: DH wants wants Wren or (Ren) but I vetoed. Can't get Ren and Stimpy (stupid and gross cartoon out if my head). We both like Eoin (Owen) but then I worry it will never be pronounced right. 
  • @marebear15 We can't agree on boys names either. DH vetos everything. Same thing happened last time. Good thing we had a girl!
  • I'm loving Daphne or Athena for a girl for my greek side.

DH loves Rhinehardt for a boy for his german side. His mom is like "but then he'll be called Rhino and be teased" I'm kinda ok with Rhino as a nickname. I think it's kinda cute :P 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Girl: I've had Hailey Jade on my list since my first pregnancy.  I also really like Quinn but am having a hard time coming up with a good middle name that is meaningful.

Boy: we've never been able to decide on a boy name...husband is adamant that Harvey be the middle name after his grandpa but I'm really struggling with that middle name.  Some names we've discussed are Grant (the closest we got to a boy name first pregnancy), Owen, and Roman (which is what I'm leaning towards).
  • @smount2011 we do the same. I’d rather not listen to peoples opinions about my child’s names. 
  • @smount2011 we're planning to keep the names to ourselves also, minus my best friend and 2 sisters.  I just don't think anyone gets an opinion in what we choose to name our kids. 🤷‍♀️
  • MollySmMollySm member
    edited June 2019
    I am going to need help!  My husband's family is into their Italian heritage, so we have always chosen Italian names.   Our three girls are Lucia, Viviana, and Filippa.  I assume that this one will be a girl too (the men in H's family seem to make girls).  I am totally out of names.  I have read Italian baby name lists over and over and over during my other pregnancies.   I want something that goes well with the other 3, that isn't too popular, that H agrees with...  I have no ideas.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• smount2011  we had so much unwanted input on our dd name.  Unless you helped make her you have no say.

• @MollySm what abut Theresa?
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @biolprof just curious why you would spell it Eoin instead of Owen if you're worried about pronunciation. Is it a cultural name? 

I haven't even started thinking about names. We really struggled the first time with names. Especially boy names. MH vetoed all the names I liked. We finally settled on 3 girl and 3 boy names (we were team green) probably a week before our baby was born. Ended up being a boy. At the top of my girl list was Eleanor Rae (Ella Rae) but for whatever reason it isnt appealing to me this time. Despite the fact that I've wanted to name my daughter Eleanor since I was in 5th grade and read Ella Enchanted.

We also didnt tell family the potential names the first time because we didnt want any other opinions/judgement. We had a hard enough time with just the 2 of us having an opinion lol. We will probably do the same this time.
  • @dumbledoredies Eoin is the Gaelic spelling, so I imagine it’s a cultural thing for her. I had Keira on my list and my husband chose that but said we needed to spell it Ciara because he’s from Ireland. Everyone pronounces it Sierra, but spelling it the English way would have been weird for DH.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @carrieandr I had a student name Eoin.  Personally I don't care about special spellings of names as long as they aren't made up.  I had a students named Hevin (Heaven).  Yep...
  • @carrieandr ooh where abouts is your husband from?
  • We only have girl names. I'm picky w/ boy names and I want something unique too! 
    So, I love Amari but the only ones my man agrees with is Olivia and leia (lay-a). I'm stuck loving Amari though!
  • @stashattack - I have a close friend named Theresa, so that doesn't work for me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @dumbledoredies yes it was the Gaelic spelling since my husband has some roots there and all his siblings have Gaelic names. Still not so sure. Lots of time to sort it out! 
  • carrieandrcarrieandr member
    edited June 2019
    @leprechaunlady he grew up in Wicklow, then moved to Dublin. Where are you?
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Mayzie for a girl, Gavin for a boy, middle names undecided
  • Boy: Leif Robert. My husband has been set on naming his son Leif, pronounced like Leaf, since before we met due to his viking heritage (yes, he really uses the term viking heritage, lol). Somehow I agreed to this 4+ years ago when I never expected to marry the man, let alone have a kid with him 😂!

Girl: Kate, after my late mom. Or Abby, after a family friend I've always admired. My husband and I haven't talked about names yet (apart from Leif), so he'll probably want Freya or something, which I don't hate either. 
  • @MollySm what about Vera, Elena, Iliana or Ilenia, Marina, Giada

ps I love all these names and this thread ! For DD, DH and I made a list for both girl and boy options and selected from there when she was born. We’ll do the same this time around and none of the previous names look good to me anymore hahah. I also look at the Roman Catholic calendar around the due date and the month prior or the month of to see if any names pop out. That’s how we ended up with DDs name. 

some names I like but probably will completely change by January.
    girl: Ivana, Nina, Marina and I like Astrid as a middle name
    boy: Marin, Leo, Julian

• @carrieandr im in belfast but from derry 
  • Ive been having name conversations this evening with my mum & sister too. My sister lives in germany & is due in september, her german husband loves irish names but she is reluctant due to the spellings being not like they sound & it being a potential issue when no one can pronounce their name. Though they did give my nephew an irish name & there hasnt been too many issues so 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @crf4 - I agree.  I like telling people our names and having input!  We also have aways decided early on and called baby by name starting after the a/s.   I like knowing who they are.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @biolprof that's super cool though! I say go for it but that's coming from someone who has a ridiculously easy name and I've never had to correct anyone lol.
  • I don't known gender yet, but am hoping for a girl. My last pregnancy was a girl who I named Aaliyah Marie, but I lost the pregnancy at 20 weeks. I am on the fence on if I should use the name or not if it is a girl. It's a name I picked out before I even tried to get pregnant and I love it. But losing my daughter was so hard and traumatizing, that I haven't spoken the name since the day I lost her. Not sure what to do.  Thoughts???
  • We don't share the name, because we don't to hear any comments on it. But we start calling the baby by their name as soon as we decide it between the two of us. It helps make it seem more real.
  • August, Rue, Remi and River are on our top 20 list. Unisex
  • August, Rue, Remi and River are on our top 20 list. Unisex