January 2020 Moms
Options

The Great Name Thread

Re: The Great Name Thread

• Options
    I thought dh was coming round to jack for boy twin but he might not be. Though I did suggest Aodhán & its the first boys name that he hasnt outright said no to so our 2 boy options are now Jack Henry or Aodhán John.
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady, I'm quite partial to Henry. It think it's a great name. I wanted Jack, too, but that got shot down quickly. Aodhan is similar to Aidan, isn't it? Also a name I love. Kind of why I'm hoping we'll stick with Kaidan...which I think is also derived from Gaelic - Cadain.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush yes Aodhan is the irish spelling of Aidan. I really like it the more I think about it but it doesnt fit our 4 letter names which dh, dd, girl twin & I all are. Jack does but i just dont love it as much. Henry would be after my granda on my mums side & I love it as a first name but cant really push for our boy to be named after my granda when im refusing to let dh name him after his dad 😕
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited October 2019
    Oh, the naming dilemma. We're doing 3 names since I'm more or less forcing the use of SOs middle name. I realized it wasn't really fair, so it'll be First Middle SO-Middle T. 
  • Options
    We are still working on a boy's name.  I am still liking Stefano Charles after my dad.  But not loving it.  H loved Enrico but I don't like it.  So then he just came out with Giovanni, nicknamed Jack or Van.  He particularly likes Jack.  I kind of like Giovanni, but don't love the nn Geo, which I think is the most likely to stick.  I wish I could make up my mind! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    I think we are pretty set on Declan James. 
    But at the same time, I feel like I can't fully commit since its the first name we liked and I don't want to feel like it's the "default name". DH does not like anything else though. 
    We are also kinda torn on the middle name since DH is worried about the possibility of a people using the DJ nickname. I think we can avoid it though. AND he has veto'd every other middle name that I suggested. 
  • Options
    @jaceru, I love that name. It's solid and strong. There's nothing wrong with using the first name you come up with. No one will use DJ as a nick name unless you let them, I promise. 
  • Options
    @jaceru love that name!  I agree with @FyreFlyeRush it's a strong name and I think if people pick up a nickname they'll take your lead on it - they'll go with what you're calling him and other ones won't stick.
  • Options
    I'm still completely undecided. So far, for me, its between Emile and Christian because they work in English, French and bulgarian(dh's side). But I reaaaaally dont know.
  • Options
    Before DH left we had decided on Eloise Harper. And this baby is definitely Eloise. I’m just not as sold on Harper as a middle name. 
    Or it’s just “almost third trimester this is getting really real panic”
  • Options
    I really like Eloise Harper for what's it worth. In the end it's your baby though and name her what you like!
  • Options
    I love Eloise as a name! And I know a 5th grader named Harper who is such a sweet, awesome kid.  😊
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @MrsJessS, I know what it's like to go off a name. It's hard to explain it, you just suddenly hate the name you loved 5m ago. I'd consider keeping it as an OPTION but also think up some others.
  • Options
    It looks like we've added Wyatt to the list of names. I kind of like Kaidan "Cade" Wyatt, but what I've noticed is if I like a name and it's MY idea, SO instantly decides it can't be used. *sigh*
  • Options
    DH is now saying he's not down with a middle name anymore at all. For a boy I am leaning more towards giving one good solid name and that's it. For a girl I definitely want to give two names. In our culture no middle name's is really common and everyone thought it was weird that we gave DD a middle name!
  • Options
    DH wants to let Athena pick out her own middle name when she's old enough. IDK if I care enough to argue with that. I feel like everyone else in our family will find it weird, but I just don't feel like trying to figure out a middle name either I've decided.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    As someone who had no middle name & was named after my granny, whilst my sister has an unusual name & a middle name, I always felt a little hard done by in the name department & hated it growing up. I mean i got over it as i got older but still all my children will have a middle name (& one of the reasons I dont want to name boy twin after dh’s dead dad).
  • Options
    @MrsJess, I love that name. It's so classic and beautiful, and it'll suit her at every stage of life. 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS - Beautiful classic name!! I love it. And I'm partial to Grace as a middle name  ;)
  • Options
    @MrsJessS I'm jealous because I love the name grace but DH didn't so it didn't happen for us. Beautiful name! 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS one of mine will have Grace as a middle name too! After my great-grandmother, Graziella, so Grace in English. I love the name 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady lovely names!! So nice they get to have an ornament already !
  • Options
    Because the twins will definitely be here before christmas, I wanted them to have an ornament for their first christmas.

@mslan I love that name & your son’s nickname for her is the sweetest 😍
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady Those are beautiful names! I’m jealous you came up with both of them already lol. 
  • Options
    @Mslan love the name!!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - Oh my word, I totally swooned at Hannah Louise. I love it!
  • Options
    @marebear15 Louise came out of left field but I’m obsessed. It flows so nicely with our last name. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I love Hawkins for the middle name 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - My youngest now has Louise as her middle name. 💕  It came out of nowhere for us too, but love how it sounds with her name - Filippa Louise. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited November 2019
    @kbrown2385 @MollySm I am loving Louise!! If I were having a girl, I might have stolen it 😜

@FyreFlyeRush Loving Hawkins as a middle name! I like Wyatt too! 

@leprechaunlady love your twins names and how they both start with an "A" because twins! 

@MsIan I love Naomi and how cute is the way your DS says it? 😍

@amb0924 I love your names! You can never go wrong with the classics!

Edit: more to add

• Options
    @amb0924 I’m SWOONING over Giuliana ❤️❤️
  • Options
    I love everyone's name choices!!
  • Options
    We have choose Jasmine Maria for our girl!