January 2020 Moms
Options

The Great Name Thread

Re: The Great Name Thread

• Options
    August, Rue, Remi and River are on our top 20 list. All unisex.
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I have a Benjamin Thomas and Chiara Marie.

For this one, current favorite for a girl is  Anna (Awn-ah) Therese

We cannot agree on a boys boy's name though. I like Robert Edmund but my FIL is a Robert and DH doesn't want that (he's close to his dad so not a bad relationship or anything...he's just weirded out naming a kid after someone close)

Other boys names we've thrown out have been Anthony and Peter but I'm just not digging those this pregnancy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @smb1803 I agree with @marebear15 your Aaliyah Marie will live on. I think it would be hard to have a living namesake. Maybe keep the same initials or middle name if you want to honor her. Do what feels the best!
  • Options
    Thanks @dumbledoredies! We'll see how it feels as things start to feel more real!
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited June 2019
    @kbrown2385 - I need to get my DH on that. He has no ideas about names, but vetoes all of mine.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 thanks for the tip! I also like Nameberry and just scroll through all the lists haha 
  • Options
    @marebear15 it helps dh figure out what he actually likes and it’s kind of surprising to see what we match on.
  • Options
    Oh golly.....I don't know.  We have three girls, Lila, Vivian, and Mara.  Picking out a name for a third girl was so hard.  You would think it would've been easy after making a list two times before that, but it wasn't at all.  I like old fashioned names, but nothing super common either. 

If we have another girl, I still have a few on my old lists that would still be there.  I like Julia or Julianna, Greta, Lydia, Martha (my great grandmother who I was super close to was named Martha Lydia).  I'm also super weird about nicknames so potential nicknames can instantly turn me off of a name I kinda like. 

For a boy.....heck we've never even gotten to think about it!  LOL  My husband has always wanted a Graham, but my step-mom's brother has a son name Graham who is around my oldest daughter's age.  I just can't do that.  Plus I have an ex whose middle name was Graham and not to mention there are like 1000 Graham's in our little hometown.  He's not going to win that one.  :)  I have always loved Luca, Leo, Rex, Bo.  Can't think of any others right now. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @lindseyjane03 Julia/Julianna and Lydia were on my list of potential names last pregnancy. Such pretty names!
  • Options
    @lindseyjane03 oh, I love Lydia! And Lila and Vivian are pretty too! MH and I have trouble agreeing on names, but for a girl, I'm liking Elliana or Elsie or Lydia or Lila.

For a boy I'm stuck on Ethan or Elijah. 

I want my kids to have their middle name start with J because both mine and MHs do. That's the closest I'll get to doing a "family name" but I also don't want to pigeonhole myself on middle names just to make it start with the right letter. It's important that the whole name flows so still playing around. I loved the idea of my daughter's middle name being June but my SIL's daughter is named June, so it's been "taken" already
  • Options
    We always have a hard time with boy names, but I think we already have one picked out...Alexander (Lex) Roy.  We want to use family names for a middle name for out boys, and DS already has the middle name of "John" which picks up about 75% of the men in our family.  Roy is my dad's middle name and my husband's grandfather's name  so that picks up the rest of the guys.

For a girl, I'm currently stuck on Gwendoline Rose.  No family ties wanted for a girl, so we have a lot more freedom there...lol!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @breweber2010 I am LOVING your girl name. DH would never go for Gwendolyn, but that combination with Rose is drool worthy! Absolutely beautiful...I hope you stick with it :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    breweber2010breweber2010 member
    edited June 2019
    @KristinUM12 My husband isn't completely on board with it either, but I'll wear him down if we do end up with a girl :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @breweber2010 You can easily wear him down!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Got a surprise when I had two gestational sacs show up on my ultrasound, and right now both babies have healthy heartbeats at 8.5 weeks. I've been waiting until I feel 100% confident to really think about names, but I'm hoping for a girl and a boy (mostly because I only have 1 boy name my DH and I agree on!)
    For girls: Giuliana Rose and Ava Grace (both Rose and Grace are names of important relatives to DH and I) and for a boy: Lucas Allan (DH and FIL are both named Allan)
  • Options
    @amb0924 im in the same position but we only have one name for each so far 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hoping to find some inspiration here for at least on more for each over the next while!
  • Options
    So we have an Addison Rae and a Molly Jean already. If this one is a boy it will be Benjamin but middle name tbd (although DH wants Danger, trying to talk him out of it). If it’s a girl I have no clue. I guess it’s good we have plenty of time to figure it out! 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 thanks for the tip! i downloaded it, hopefully it helps!
  • Options
    We have a 

Brayden (b)
    Harlee (g)
    Daxtin (b)
    and we are loving the name Spencer for a girl, but cannot decide on a boy name at all. 
  • Options
    For a boy, I think we’re pretty sure of Conor (middle name would be Craig — it’s a family name. Scotch Irish heritage and all that). 

For a girl, I’m flummoxed. I’ve always liked Madeline. Then I came across Roisin (pronounced RO-sheen), which means “little rose” in Gaelic, and I can’t stop thinking about it. I just worry about setting her up for a lifetime of correcting pronunciation. 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 it can also be pronounced rosh een aswell depending on where you place the fada(s).
    I have a friend called roisin who outside of ireland has gotten every variation of what people think it is pronounced as.
    im loving the shorter version of it atm for a girl which is roisé - pronounced rosha but dh isnt loving it 😕
  • Options
    We have a Maia and Amara and for a girl I like Amity or Amethyst, for a boy not totally sure! Maybe Ashton? 
  • Options
    Ok for a girl I'm really liking Andromeda now. 1) lesser HP character LOL. 2) it means ruler of men which if we have a girl we want her to be badass. So I feel like that has a pretty badass meaning to it. Now to convince the hubby.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @stashattack - Andromeda is also a galaxy. DH has always liked that name, along with Jean Luc (Picard).
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    We're thinking Elijah (Eli) Alexander for a boy and Olivia Grace for a girl. 
  • Options
    @Mslan Those are great names, they have a nice ring to them! If I have a boy I was thinking of using that middle name too. I love Jason Alexander for a boy and not sure yet for a girl. Of course my husband isn’t a fan of my boy name, but we’ll see... 
  • Options
    I like Evelyn Victoria for a girl.
    I wanted Wes for a boy but my best friend just told me her and her fiance have had that name in their head for years. Now it just feels wrong. So, maybe Owen? I also like Edison and Nikola (DH doesn't though). Hopefully, it's a girl so it's easier. But, I'm convinced it's a boy.
  • Options
    Quinn Francis for a boy and Claire Kathleen for a girl 
  • Options
    For a boy I love Jaxtyn, Josiah and Jonah. I had told my daughters therapist about the name Josiah two or three years ago and she named her son that 🤦🏽‍♀️ But it’s ok! 
    For girls we’ve been having a harder time. I like Kaiya(Kai-Yah), Noelle, Raelynn(but my daughters name is Jaelynn so they might get confused when I call their names lol my husbands name is Raymond so that’s why I like Raelynn. But if not I love the middle name Rae
  • Options
    @celestecards What about the names Raya, Rayna, or Rachel? I’m sure you could play with the spelling of Rachel too if you wanted.
  • Options
    @blackcat01 omg I love Raya! 
  • Options
    @marebear15 omg that is too funny. IF we had any french in us i'm sure DH and his dad would love Jean Luc too. They are huge Star Trek fans. LOL
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    Where did everyone start with names? We found out one of the sexes and have no idea where to begin. It wasn’t this hard with ds! We also have to come up with two and at this point they are going to be baby a and baby b after birth too. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 We sort of started with just listing a few that we liked but have been having a hard time agreeing. We decided to wait until we know the sex to eliminate half the name. But in your case, since you don’t know the other sex and have two, maybe you can also start listing out names that you and your husband like? Or read some names online and note down the ones you both like? Who knew naming would be so challenging!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 we've been using the Baby Name Together app. You and DH both go through the names and then it tells you which ones you both like. It at least gives you a starting place. 
  • Options
    @biolprof “we” have an app like that but I’m the only one using it 🙄.