January 2020 Moms
Options

Question Thread

Re: Question Thread

• Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited May 2019
    @SeriouslySirius thank you! That makes me feel better and all the Google searches I've done point to my baby being just fine. I'll feel even better when I can talk to my Dr. at my first appointment tomorrow morning. Honestly though, other than the worry, I just feel angry with myself. I know it's unreasonable because I honestly didn't know, never heard that before, it's my first time being pregnant, but it just feels like "wow, you're only 5 weeks in and you're already failing your child" 😩😭  this is going to be a fun 9 months... but thank you again for easing my mind with a real life example! ❤ also, I'm sorry for your loss, but so glad your rainbow boy is doing so well!

Edit: spelling 
  • Options
    gabadoogabadoo member
    @peppyj9, did she use a shield? I think you should honestly be okay...especially if you needed the bitewings for your dental evaluation. In general, we try to avoid "unnecessary" radiation in pregnant women, but if a study needs to get done for medical/dental reasons, it should get done. And xrays are different from US...they are considered a radiating study as opposed to sound waves. But, think about it this way...you're exposed to radiation on a regular basis (ex: a cross country flight is a similar amount of radiation to a chest x-ray and we all have "background radiation exposure" in our day to day lives). So, if you'd be willing to get on a plane while pregnant, don't sweat the dental xray that you just had...especially this early on!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    @gabadoo yes, I was wearing a lead apron. Thank you for your reassurance. 🙂 After a lot of research, I feel a lot better. Though, had I known, I still would have opted out, just to be cautious. I never knew you were exposed to radiation on an airplane! Although, now, thanks to my freak out, I know a lot about radiation and how it's literally all around us. You learn something new every day! I have to say though, I'm a little confused why I've never heard that before. It's pretty common knowledge to not drink, smoke, do drugs when pregnant. I've never once heard "don't get xrays" and I've had several dental xrays over the past few years because I recently had braces (got married in them and everything 😝) and not once was I ever asked if I could be pregnant so I've never had any indication that it wasn't recommended. 🤷‍♀️ I swore I wouldn't be one of those moms that freaks out over every little thing, but I already feel it happening 😳 anyway, thank you again!
  • Options
    @peppyj9 We all have one of those moments! Even things that you know you shouldn't do, it's easy to forget. Give yourself permission to make mistakes.
  • Options
    How do you all deal with cravings? I’m overweight and before getting pregnant I had lost 20 pounds. I mean eating clean and portioning my food(I upped my portions since finding out) and also working out. I’ve modified my workouts until my dr clears me to do my regular workouts. My issue right now is my cravings!!! I want to eat so much junk! I do well in the mornings and while I’m at work but once I get home I want to eat everything. I’m still 220 pounds so I just want to be as healthy as possible 
  • Options
    @celestecards I just roll with it but try to keep some balance too...I focus more on portion control than trying to be 100% clean eating or anything. But that’s also what I do when not pregnant. Now I just give into the cravings enough to ease them up. Yesterday I was starving and didn’t feel good and nothing sounded even remotely good. Except peachy os and Fritos. So I ate some of those then when my stomach settled I made a healthier meal 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS Yeah I need to stick to my portions. I used to be a binge eater so I'm really trying not to go back to that. Thank you!
  • Options
    Anyone considering or already switched to maternity clothes? I’m so uncomfortable and I’m only 5 weeks. If we get good news at the viability scan next week I’m going to have to get something. 
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin can we sticky this please?
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I feel like maternity clothes make me look pregnant. I’m gonna try and squeeze into my regular clothes as long as I can and maybe I’ll just look fat 😂😂😂 is trying to hide this for as long as possible because I’m a teacher and was just out last year on maternity leave. I don’t wanna deal with any questions and just ride out the rest of the year. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I’m definitely tempted. Mostly because my maternity shorts are so comfortable. Definitely holding off until after the first ultrasound though if possible 
  • Options
    @justsuzie @MrsJessS I’ll manage until we see how the first ultrasound goes. I already told dh if everything looks good I’m going to have to get something. Thankfully I only have to wait until this coming Wednesday. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I’ll admit it: I wore a maternity skirt to work today, though it’s pretty stealthy and just has a really high stretchy rise around the belly but is otherwise a normal looking pencil skirt. The bloat is awful. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I've thought about it too but I'm holding off a little longer.  I'll admit it's partially due to just finishing with packing up my winter clothes and unpacking/laundrying all my summer clothes.  I'm not uncomfortable enough yet to restart that project with maternity clothes while fatigued.  ;)
  • Options
    ruby0902ruby0902 member
    edited May 2019
    @kbrown2385 I had really bad bloating in weeks 5-7 and seriously had a visible bump forming! I knew it wasn't the actual uterus expansion yet, and I came to figure out I was just super constipated, which was causing the bloat (was only going like every other day at best), tmi, lol. Once I upped my fiber and water intake and got into a more regular bathroom schedule, my bloat went down significantly! Not sure if that's your case, but for some reason it wasn't intuitive to me right away. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I pulled them out of storage and sorted them, but i also knew that I had my postpartum "fat" pants so I've moved into those.  My regular jeans just couldn't handle the bloat. 🙄  I haven't switched to any shirts yet and am just wearing some looser fitting ones, but I pulled out some nice work maternity shirts that don't exactly look maternity for when I'm really starting to show and not ready to tell coworkers/clients yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @kbrown2385 - I totally ordered under the belly maternity shorts for summer. I needed new shorts anyway, so I might as well be comfy. Also gap factory is having a sale where their shirts and tanks are as low as $4.99 (some with an additional 15% off). I'm thinking of getting some shirts in the next size up to hide the bloat. It helped last time. I should say that these shirts are a bit thin and do wrinkle somewhat easily, but I think I'll get them for 1st trimester and postpartum. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I am in this same debate. Only about 5-6 weeks but feel huge due to all the bloat. I have this one pair of stretchy work pants that have been a life saver! I plan to be in sweat pants all weekend! I don't have any Did maternity wear but wanted to borrow some from my sister in law but not ready to tell them yet I'm pregnant so trying to hold out a bit longer. Good luck with the viability scan. I say treat  yourself to some nice comfortable clothes!
  • Options
    Glad I’m not the only one considering it! I’m a sahm so I’ve been living in my sweats as often as I can. Maternity clothes are just so comfortable lol. 
  • Options
    @spacemountaineer where did you order the shorts from? I'm in the market.

I'll be honest, there's a pair of maternity pants I never stopped wearing. Other than the belly panel they still fit and looked good so why not? Most of my stuff was destroyed, though and I will need a whole new wardrobe this time. Such an annoying expense.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @MrsJessS I decided to avoid DHA products at least in the first trimester, which is the ingredient that basically all self-tanners have. I found a bronzing wash-off lotion that my midwife approved.. it was a bit streaky but I used it for a wedding I went to. If you are interested it's by BaliBody. If you buy it, make sure you apply it with a mit and dont use too much. 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS I decided to avoid DHA products at least in the first trimester, which is the ingredient that basically all self-tanners have. I found a bronzing wash-off lotion that my midwife approved.. it was a bit streaky but I used it for a wedding I went to. If you are interested it's by BaliBody. If you buy it, make sure you apply it with a mit and dont use too much. 
    Why do you avoid DHA? I’m taking a DHA supplement. I

• Options
    @justsuzie it’s a different kind of dha found in self tanners, dihydroxyacetone. The dha taken with prenatals is docosahexaenoic acid, which is an omega 3 fatty acid. 
  • Options
    @peppyj9 OMG, me too. I had dental xrays, but I didn't think to tell them, as I had just tested positive a few days prior. I'm guessing it's fine since they used a protective covering over my abdomen too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone found a pregnancy approved work out plan that they really like. I haven't been running for a while due to other health concerns but walk alot but wanted to do a bit more to make bounce back easier. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Anyone feel their symptoms mostly in the evening/at night? The fatigue hits me around 4 and then shortly after the cramping and nausea start.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I’ve been pretty much down for the count after 1pm. Heavy limbs, intense fatigue, and gas pains. Luckily, no nausea as of yet. No trouble falling asleep at this point but gosh do I toss and turn. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 My symptoms have been hitting hardest in the evening too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @biolprof my doctor said I could pretty much do anything I was doing before. She said I’d have to start making accommodations in the second tri. I know Kayla somebody has something she does and she was 35 weeks along!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 and @Jellybeanqueen13 - I'm in the same boat! Morning is the best I'll feel all day, and usually around 3pm or so I get nausea in the back of my throat and fatigue that usually stays with me through bedtime
  • Options
    I'm the opposite. I've been struggling the first half of the day and then feeling way better in the afternoon/evening. It takes me 5 hours to wake up apparently 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
  • Options
    Has anyone done an Epsom salt bath for constipation?? A girl is getting desperate over here for some relief LOL
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @biolprof they are not pregnancy-specific but I am doing Nike Training Club workouts. It's a free phone app. They have ones that are quick, target different muscles groups, etc. I am just skipping crunches and any extreme twisting for first tri. When those types of exercises are called for I just do more squats. A lot of them are quick which works well with my schedule and poor energy level.
  • Options
    crf4crf4 member
    I always use epsom salt in my baths, helps with muscle soreness too!
  • Options
    @Xstatic3333 do you know if planks are okay? Or is it best to avoid any core type work?

@stashattack call the nurse line and ask about a pregnancy safe stool softener. It's better than being too constipated! I've also heard about ingesting a bit of Coconut oil to help things move a bit.
  • Options
    Is it bad to bend over if I’m 6 weeks? I will be 7 weeks this Sunday. I work with pre schoolers and they drop stuff and it’s a habit to just bend over and pick stuff up that they drop 
  • Options
    I had the most vivid dream that my husband killed someone right in front of me and then I tried to help him get out of it.  It was the strangest thing.....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic