November 2019 Moms
Options

The Great Question Thread

Re: The Great Question Thread

• Options
    @creamcheeseplease I would ask your OB what they think at your next appointment. I was supposed to have a RCS with my second pregnancy (ended up with a VBAC for other reasons) and I'm pretty sure we talked about it pretty early on. My OB wouldn't consider a VBAC at the time, because I was only 12m out from my CS with DD. Asking early will at least let you know if it's even an option, obviously things can change during pregnancy. I plan to ask my OB at my first appointment (still seeing family doc for now). Since I've had a CS and VBAC I have no idea what she will want to to do.
  • Options

Anyone elses dog laying on your pregnant tummy? She never did this before, only started when I found out I was pregnant!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @swedishmeatball yep. Anytime I sit or lay down, my pup is wining to get into my lap. It’s amazing isn’t it? 
  • Options
    @swedishmeatball my min pin has become very protective. She never used to care when my husband gave me my progesterone injections; in fact, my male schnauzer-dachshund mix had to sit nearby and watch to make sure I was okay. We've done these many, many times over the last 3 years. Only after my embryo transfer this time around (when it was finally successful after 2 failures) did their roles change. Now my male doesn't care much and my min pin female has to lay by my head and comfort me. She's very attached and snuggly. It's a very different behavior and it happened at implantation, which I find amazing.
  • Options
    @alwayseloquent @ejoseph16 So cute!! Makes me think she's listening to what's going on in there ❤️
  • Options
    STM/or STM+ who have had a prior C section.. when do you plan to start talking to your OB about RCS or VBAC? I realize some may already know that they are RCS, but not, j/w when you plan to start that conversation? I didn't ask about it at my first appointment because so much can change that would make me not a VBAC candidate, but I actually have no clue if she considers me a potential candidate or not.
    I asked at my 1st appointment. My OB was pro VBAC, but only one hospital in my area allowed it, so that narrowed my options. Also, my OB was different because we had moved, so he required the dr notes from my original csection to decide if I was a good candidate. If you're seeing a different OB too, take that into account that the records take time to transfer and you usually have to sign something releasing them.

I had a a failed VBAC and was told that any subsequent pregnancies would require a csection. I'll just schedule it this time around because I am aware of my hospitals policies and my VBAC had it's own complications. That being said, I have a cousin and a good friend that were successful!

I highly recommend researching on your own and joining an ICAN group. I found it super supportive, regardless of my outcome. Good luck to you! :) 
  • Options
    Thank you @doraleigh35 and @lea-v3! I have the same OB as last time so she knows why I had a CS (failure to progress and positional issue). I’m really scared of having a failed VBAC but I’ll definitely bring it up at my 12w appointment. I just want to make the safest choice but of course there’s no way to know for sure. 
  • Options
    Anyone else feeling like they'll have to tell work the news before you are ready? I have my first ultrasound between 8 and 9 weeks smack in the middle of the day so I'll have to take a full day off. I know I could just say I have an appointment but I feel like I might just tell my boss. I dont like feeling like I'm hiding something. I'd rather wait until 12 weeks to say anything but I feel like I have to!
  • Options
    @rae605 it’s completely up to you. Tell if you’d like but if you want to wait, that’s your right. What you need a day off for is your business! 
  • Options
    @rae605 I have told my team (I’m a 3rd grade teacher) so they know, but I haven’t told my boss yet. I requested off for my second appointment and just said I had a doctors appointment. It’s not technically lying, but it is keeping a secret. But a good secret. I fully intend to tell my boss around 12 weeks. 
  • Options
    @rae605 I have told my team teachers, as well as my principal, but we have a pretty close relationship.  And I wanted her to know since I'll be going to several appointments before school's out.  I've also told a few close friends and family because I like to have the support.  I'm seven weeks today and go to my first appointment at 8 weeks.  I will most likely tell everyone after that because I feel like I'm already showing.  But, if I can hide it longer I will wait.  Ultimately it's up to you when to say something!  If it was my former principal I would have waited--it would have been awkward. 

• Options
    @gapmom2019 I’ve been loving the birth hour! I also like the whole mamas podcast - their earlier episodes have lots of good info on pregnancy and nutrition. Looking forward to seeing all the recommendations because I am loving listening to those as I walk our dog:)
  • Options
    @gapmom2019 if everyone posted a new thread for every thought or question that popped into their head no one would be able to find anything. There are at least 30 regular posters. If each of us posted 1 or 2 new threads a day no one would be able to find anything because they would have to scroll back several pages. Every BMB works this way on TB. In fact, the "read First" thread was copied from the October BMB. 

It isn't meant to make the board less enjoyable. It is meant to do the opposite. Having threads specifically designed for discussion as a group builds our community. It allows for conversations instead of a bunch of threads that answer 1 persons question. 

As for your question, I don't listen to any pregnancy podcasts. So no advice with that. I have read lots of good books on the topic though. 
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 @gapmom2019 @creamcheeseplease thanks for the responses. Funny you are all teachers...I am too:) I might just say I have an appointment and leave it at that. Normally I wouldn't worry but I feel like I've taken so many days already this year (a couple other appointments for myself and I have toddler twins who have been sick a few times...) My principal is great, just not ready to share the news yet! 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 yes, I get that.  The format will just take some getting used to--never said it wasn't enjoyable. :)
  • Options
    I agree with @emeraldcity1214. My previous BMB made a FB page, but I wont join unless it's closer to the end of pregnancy. I've seen plenty of crazy women on these boards in the past, and I dont want my real life info merging with this just yet until I've gotten to know our group.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with @emeraldcity1214 and @gumby22c on waiting until later in pregnancy. As a teacher, I’m really not comfortable with that at this point. I don’t even have coworkers on my FB. 
  • Options
    Hey ladies,
    I'm currently 8 weeks and 4 days. I was wondering if anyone else is or has experienced painful orgasms? I wake up having them! And trust me it is NOT enjoyable 😕 
  • Options
     @emeraldcity1214 what’s a PG? Does that stand for private group? I felt weird posting my ultrasound for the entire world to see even with my information removed since anyone can lurk here (and after reading of some crazy cat fishing situations in other BMBs). A private group would be great somewhere down the line 
  • Options
    @kopp5988 yes, private group. 
  • Options
    KurtniKurtni member
    edited April 2019
    STM/or STM+ who have had a prior C section.. when do you plan to start talking to your OB about RCS or VBAC? I realize some may already know that they are RCS, but not, j/w when you plan to start that conversation? I didn't ask about it at my first appointment because so much can change that would make me not a VBAC candidate, but I actually have no clue if she considers me a potential candidate or not.
    So my OB talked to me about it while I was still in the hospital after my csection  to let me know my surgery was routine, no out of the ordinary incisions and I should be a good candidate for VBAC if my complications aren’t recurrent (cord issues).  So I will do weekly in NST’s in the third trimester and as long as those come back reactive I hope to try for a VBAC. I am honestly getting really anxious about it though and want to discuss it more through out this pregnancy. 

Edit: adding that in the event I would need to be induced, I would choose a repeat csection over risking a failed induction/ trial of labor. Been there, done that and it sucks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 a PG is even better to begin with. I've been around these forums and another one for a long time off and on. I've seen a ton of crazy stuff go down. Most peoples intentions are good, but stranger danger is so real.
  • Options
    So what's the consensus on lunch meat? Back in 2012 it was a big no no. Work is providing lunch tomorrow from firehouse subs so I want to be prepared. 
  • Options
    @gumby22c I'm interested to know the other forum you frequent. I was around before the great exodus and I followed everyone. Then they had another move because of internal drama and I decided I was done moving so I came back here. Out of curiosity I looked up where they settled. I was surprised that I found them so easy. Is that the forum you're talking about? 
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 a sub sounds delicious right now! 😂 Prior to my loss I would have said, just eat it, you'll be fine. But post loss, I follow all the rules. Even the sushi rule. 😭I'm just not taking any chances. If you have a microwave in your office you could just warm it up a bit and it should be fine. 
  • Options
    I'd also love a bump private group before a FB one.. I'm not really on FB so I don't know that I'd join there anyway. 

@kimmer1412 I think lunchmeat is a no, supposedly. But like @emeraldcity1214 you can probably heat it up in the microwave if available and then its okay. 
  • Options
    I vote for PG later! I deleted my FB because I felt it was toxic. Talk about crazies!
  • Options
    @mvc003 I envy your ability to delete FB. I have too many things on there. 

I'm ok if we decide to move to a PG and just stay there. TB format doesn't bother me. I like being able to see all the active threads in a list without scrolling to find them. Plus, one of BMBs kinda died out once we moved to FB. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I moved with the great exodus to a page on Proboards years ago and mostly hang out there exclusively these days. But they dont have BMB over there, so I came back here in 2015 when I was pregnant with my son and again now for that. I prefer the other forum set up, but I think it's because I've been there longer than here.
  • Options
    @gumby22c are you still on Then Comes Family? Or did you follow them to However it happened? 
  • Options
    @gumby22c I was checking out However it Happened and I recognized a few usernames. So I figured that's where they settled. They actually do have BMBs but they are very slow and they have 2 months combined. So November and December are 1 group. 
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    edited April 2019
    @emeraldcity1214deleting FB was so hard! I was connected to like every person I ever knew, but it started becoming this thing where I would feel really bad about myself when I saw everyone else's updates. I did it a little over a year ago and can honestly say, I don't think I'll ever go back. I still have IG but only have my close personal friends on there. 
  • Options
    gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited April 2019
    @emeraldcity1214 I'm familiar with those ones(i did a BMB back in 2015 on TCF after I felt like I didnt fit in on the bump one well) but no I'm on the CPandE one these days. That was the original one from the first exodus like back in 2011 or 2012 (I believe there was another after it which is where the other 2 boards came from). I have tried the HIH BMB this time around, but like you said its insanely slow right now and not much going on. So I'm planted here for now 😊
  • Options
    Question for second (or more) time moms. What should I expect at my 12 week appointment. I know there’s no ultrasound but do they do anything to listen for a heartbeat to make sure it’s still there? Everything I’ve read says the 12 week mark is when miscarriages drastically decrease in likelihood but I’m wondering how they determine everything is still okay without the ultrasound? 
  • Options
    @kopp5988 they will start doing doppler checks at each appointment.