November 2019 Moms
Options

The Great Question Thread

Re: The Great Question Thread

• Options
    rae605rae605 member
    I told my boss a couple weeks ago, and just told the rest of the staff on Friday because we went out for lunch and everyone ordered a drink. I didnt want to make an excuse and I'm almost 12 weeks so I decided to share. I also had a bachelorette party to attend the next night so I knew word would be getting out:) It's nice not to feel like I'm trying to hid something anymore!
  • Options
    Here’s a pretty random question for you guys - wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience 😳

Had my first ultrasound today - everything went well. On my way back from the appointment the technician called me back to say that the dr had taken a look at my scans and wanted her to ask me if I had a diva cup in or a tampon because it looked like there was something up there... ??? I said no (duh) and asked her what they thought it could be and she said she couldn’t say as she was just the technician and that I should follow up with my dr. Has this ever happened to anyone???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've told a few select people at work who need to know for fall planning — but I don't have any visible bump to speak of so there isn't any concern there.  (I kind of wish there were!)  I'm going to wait until it's more obvious before telling other people.  I've already gotten "you don't look pregnant" from a few people at this point when I've told them :-P
  • Options
    Does anyone else have shy bladder syndrome? I'm sitting here at the doc office with a full bladder but I just can't go. 😭 This has been such a struggle and I drank so much water today in preparation but still didn't help. Send suggestions please!!
  • Options
    kmb412kmb412 member
    @ABabyMarshall you can always try running warm water over your hand. Or take a deep breath in and clench your bladder, then breathe out and release, that can relax everything enough to get it started. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses guys, my phone freaked out and I couldn’t log in for two days to post.
  • Options
    ABabyMarshallABabyMarshall member
    edited May 2019
    @kmb412 thank you! I tried the running water to no avail but I'll try the clench and relax next time 😆

ETA: I did manage to go, eventually lol
  • Options
    Does anyone have any good books to read about siblings and raising multiple children?  I have easier, happier, calmer parenting which has been amazing but I would love one on raising multiple children (especially those close in age)
  • Options
    KurtniKurtni member
    @Dancer688 I havent read it but Siblings without Rivalry is recommended in my J17 baby month group a lot. It’s on my list. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is anyone else getting ab cramps when twisting?? It's almost like it seizes or feels like it's getting pulled and then goes away... Because of things stretching or because I've taken too much time off the gym? 😅
  • Options
    kmb412kmb412 member
    @swedishmeatball yes! It was starting to freak me out a little. So glad to hear I’m not alone in that 
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @swedishmeatball 100% me too!!! It's so freaky. I do think I need to make it back to the gym though...I think it'll help hehe

• Options
    klstone25klstone25 member
    edited May 2019
    @swedishmeatball @kmb412 @mvc003 If you're feeling it in your lower abs/pelvis, then it definitely sounds like round ligament pain and it's normal. I had it off and on during the second tri when I was pregnant with my DD. Unless, you're having severe pain, you don't need to worry. 

eta: typo
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    kmb412kmb412 member
    So I found out this morning that my grandmother passed away. I was supposed to visit her this weekend and needless to say the emotions have been strong. Is it possible that strong crying will cause any sort of risk to the baby?
  • Options
    @swedishmeatball yes, and I hate it! All these aches and pains make me nervous. I remember getting them later in pregnancy but not this early. I’ve read it’s normal though. The other day I had a lot of pressure in my vagina (tmi sorry) and it really freaked me out. Then I checked on the old google and it’s common throughout pregnancy for different reasons. 
  • Options
    @kmb412 first, I am so sorry for your loss. Second, I wouldn’t think crying would affect baby but I know extreme stress can. Maybe try some guided meditation when your emotions are at a peak? 
  • Options
    JBos82JBos82 member
    @kmb412 I’m so sorry for your loss. 😔 My Gramp died when I was pregnant with my second daughter. Everything with her turned out okay. Just try to make sure you’re staying hydrated and eat what you can - I always have trouble eating when I’m sad/anxious, but just do your best. Again, I’m so sorry.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    lex1111lex1111 member
    @swedishmeatball most definitely! First I felt tweaks in the lower abs and ligaments between my torso and thighs, and now my upper abs are stretching and cramp slightly if I stretch too far. No fun! I feel as though things are just starting to expand slightly!
  • Options
    @kmb412 I am so very sorry for your loss you must feel rocked. I can't speak for sure on dangers of heavy crying but I would definitely recommend trying to stay as calm as possible because too much stress can't be good.

My own grandmother passed away suddenly two weeks before my son was born...I was much further along but I was definitely mindful of keeping my cool for baby's sake (all was ok, FTR) 

Ill be thinking of you in the coming days, try to take care
  • Options
    @kmb412 I’m so sorry for your loss. I think the PP have it covered, you won’t hurt baby when you are crying. I second trying some calming exercises and making sure you’re eating/drinking. 
  • Options
    Hi! Are any of you on Diclectin (Diclegis in the US)? I’ll be 13 weeks tomorrow and my MS is not improving. My doctor offered to prescribe it, but I’m not sure if I want to start taking anything. But I also would really like to start eating like a real human again. And maybe vomit a bit less. 

Should I wait it out and see if I improve over the next few weeks? Or will Diclectin actually help? Any insight would be appreciated!!
  • Options
    Hi guys - anyone had, or is thinking of having, ur babe at home? We had our first in the hospital, but currently exploring alternatives for #2. Thanks!
  • Options
    @megmac2010 if your miserable, take it. That med is very safe during pregnancy. There is no reason to feel so sick. 
  • Options
    @jjacobsen14 my husband wouldn't let me have a home birth. He is a doctor though so he prefers that we be in a medical setting. 
  • Options
    jjacobsen14jjacobsen14 member
    edited May 2019
    Thanks @emeraldcity1214! I totally get it. My hubby grew up in a very “granola” city in northern CA and his mom had he and his two brothers at home, which I think are the biggest reasons he’s comfortable with it. i grew up with super conservative parents so thinking this would make them really anxious, but luckily not up to them  ;)
  • Options
    @jjacobsen14 If you fit the criteria for it, go for it. 
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @megmac2010 I’m 14 w + 3 d and have been on Decligis for a few weeks. I thought about waiting it out too but I’ve been so miserable. Honestly Diclegis hasn’t done anything for me beyond giving me more of an appetite when I take it. I still have bad nausea and vomiting (4 times today). I’ve lost almost 10% of my weight since getting KUed. 

Im moving to a different medicine today...Reglan...to see if I can get some relief. Like you said...I’d love to start eating somewhat normally again. 

Every body is different but definitely recommend trying something to get some relief. Some people swear by Decligis. Worth a shot!
  • Options
    @jjacobsen14 we're also considering a home birth.  I know two mothers who have done this and have had positive experiences.  That having been said, you really need to find good midwives!  We're meeting with midwives tomorrow to talk with them.
  • Options
    JBos82JBos82 member
    @megmac2010 🙋🏻‍♀️ I’m on diclegis! It does help - I was still getting sick on it, but nowhere near as bad as when I was off it. I’m 14 weeks now and the nausea is starting to calm down. I’m going to stay on it my whole pregnancy even if I fully improve because I was sick up until the weeks both of my previous babies were born and I’m going to go out on a limb and guess it’ll be that way again this time. I can only take two at night because taking it in the morning as well makes me drowsy, but when I have taken two doses my nausea completely disappeared. I hope it helps you!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 @mc0303 @JBos82 thanks for your responses! I’m not sure what my hesitation is. I just hate the idea of starting medication when I could be so close to the magical second tri promised land that people keep telling me about!

I think I’ll ask my OB to call in a prescription and see if it will take the edge off. I’d love to get my appetite back; I feel like I’m wasting away!
  • Options
    @mimigarden - we’re meeting w/ one midwife group tomorrow too. PM and let me know how it goes! 
  • Options
    @jjacobsen14 @mimigarden we’ll also be having a homebirth :) we’ve already met with our midwife team and they’re great!
  • Options
    We should start a breastfeeding thread too. 
  • Options
    All good ones @emeraldcity1214. I've already been researching the BF stuff and would love a thread to chat about it. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 @creamcheeseplease I would be interested in both a med free thread (haven’t ruled out meds but leaning towards no meds) and a breastfeeding thread! 
  • Options
    @kopp5988 I have had 2 (*TW well 3 if you count my loss but I got the epidural because I just needed to feel numb and not feel it all anymore...end TW*) births with an epidural and 2 med free. By far, my med free births have been so much better. 

Honestly, after my last experience with an epidural (the doctor didnt wait for my back to get numb before shoving the needle into me. She was not gentle at all and I wanted her as far away from me as possible) I won't be getting another one. Even in an emergency, they can just knock me out and I will see the baby when I wake up. 
  • Options
    I'm planning to get the epidural again, especially since I'm VBAC and there's a high(er) chance that I'll actually end up with an RCS, but I want to hold out for as long as possible. I got it fairly early last time, and by the time I was at a 9 it had basically worn off. My nurse made a few judge comments about the epidural while I was in labor, and also afterwards from the LC as well :( I'm hoping that doesn't happen again.
  • Options
    I went med free/epidural free last time and plan to again. I was terrified of the giant needle and held off as long as I could last time before asking for an epidural, but by the time I asked for one it was too late. Now that I know I can do it, I plan to try for med free again. Also I feel like I recovered pretty quickly last time and I'm sure the lack of epidural played a part in that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker