June 2019 Moms

PGAL Check-in Week of 11/25

Re: PGAL Check-in Week of 11/25

• Loading the player...
  • *lurking*

So many hugs to you @meatballs37. I can't help but think that those people lack empathy to some extent. I can't imagine how anyone who has a child could expect you to move on. Who could recover from what you've experienced in a year? I don't have any advice on how to handle the situation, but I'm thinking of you. <3
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    edited November 2018

@meatballs37 I’m so sorry you’ve had such a rough week. I honestly can’t believe there are people in your life that don’t understand you are still hurting. A year is nothing and honestly, time does not heal all wounds. I don’t think people should expect that you will ever be in a place where they don’t need to be sensitive to your losses. I’m so sorry that they don’t understand that. So many hugs, friend  <3

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I’m sorry people are being so insensitive @meatballs37 that makes me so angry for you. Losing two babies is something I would never expect someone to get over, no matter how much time has passed. It’s crazy how people can be so supportive those first few weeks and then suddenly decide that enough time has passed. It hurts to feel like the world has forgotten our babies. I think a lot of people who haven’t experienced loss also feel like a new baby somehow makes it all better, as if one child could somehow replace another. If anything, it brings up new emotions because you know you wouldn’t have this new pregnancy if your babies had lived. You have every right to feel the way you feel, for as long as you need to feel, and I’m so sorry you’ve lost friends that refuse to understand that. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @meatballs37 I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. Of course you are still grieving of course it still hurts. I don't imagine there will be a time that it wont. If someone does not understand it then it is really their loss. I dont know you but from what I have seen in the last 8ish week is that you are very caring, compassionate and supportive. You are one of the strongest people I "know". If someone can't see that then they are stuck behind some boulder in their own mind and its got nothing to actually do with you. Since having my son I am all about getting toxic people out of our lives. They are toxic because of themselves not because of us. It still really sucks and is very isolating. <3 
  • @meatballs37 I am so sorry for the rough week.  My favorite thing I saw about grief is that people used to think that grief diminishes over time.  But what they have found is that the grief remains and you simply grow around it.  I really like this and I tell this to people whenever they don't understand.  The grief will never go away.  Years later we will still think of our babies and there will still be triggers.  And people who care about you need to accept that.  Sending you big hugs.
  • @meatballs37 I’m so sorry that you’ve had a tough week, but more sorry for the last year you have had. I don’t know how any rational person can think that time would completely erase the loss of a child, especially only over the course of one year. Sending you so many hugs. 
  • @meatballs37 I know a lot of it can come from a place of true ignorance/naivety and some can come from people having their priorities skewed. My social circle with friends and family for various reasons has definitely become smaller and tighter but it has been the best thing that could have happened. The people in my life now are the ones I can be truly open and understand (even if they don’t get it) and I have never been more supported or happier. Although I am a creepy introvert so that may be a part of it too ;) 
  • Thanks ladies. I know I have a really great group of friends in my life who do get it (who know these “friends” and don’t agree with their behavior). I know I have to focus on the good. Thank you for letting me vent. It makes me feel better just to put it out there instead of turning it over and over in my head at night at where I might have gone wrong. 

I appreciate this little spot on the internet. If I didn’t have it, my anxiety would consume me. 
  • How is everyone else doing? Appointments? 

Also, congrats to @srscott3 two little girls ❤️ 
  • Hugs to you @meatballs37. The other ladies have said all the things I was thinking, but I am thinking of you and sorry that there are people in your life who don’t understand. 
  • @meatballs37 I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with all that and people don’t seem to understand. I can’t imagine being as put together as you are only a year later after all you’ve been through. Please don’t ever feel wrong for how you’re feeling! I’ve spoke with patients that lost children years before and they still tear up talking about it. There truly is no limit on how long we grieve. 
  • Seeing everyone’s results from the NIPT is making me anxious. I didn’t have it done because I’m doing the quad screen at 15wks. It was offered but doesn’t detect NTD so my MW said it made more sense to wait. 3 weeks seems like forever. 
  • I’m so sorry you’re going through that, @meatballs37 . There are so many complicated emotions that go with loss, and I wish more people could understand and know how to be kind and thoughtful. I am glad that you have some good friends as well to lean on. Sometimes a few great friends are way better than a lot of okay friends.
  • @meatballs37 I’m so sorry your friends aren’t understanding. It’s so disappointing when the people who should be there for you don’t understand. 
  • @meatballs37 I forgot did you go to counseling?  I started going about a month ago.  I wasn't ready before then.  But I'm finding it does help. I know we have talked about it before but can't remember what you said.  And I did hate everyone trying to push me into counseling after our loss so I'm totally not trying to do that!
  • @sparklingdiamond yes I have been in counseling for years for general anxiety disorder. But when my first son died last October in utero, my MFM was able to refer me to a psych and therapist who specialize in loss of children. I made the transfer and it has been really beneficial for me. However, I quit going because trying to schedule an appointment was getting difficult with my current childcare situation. I took DD a few times with me and it was a disaster. 

• *lurker who doesn’t go here*

@meatballs37 I just wanted to pop in and say how sorry I am you had to see that crazy woman’s comment, much less to have it made in a reply to you. I don’t plan on TTC again for a couple more years, so if she shows up again tag me and if I’m lurking I’ll happily get banned for running her out of “town” with a metaphorical torch and pitchfork.
  • @meatballs37 Ugh that is my struggle too.  The childcare.
  • Thank you for the shout out @meatballs37 ❤️ We’re very excited for two girls so close in age 🎀

and I am so sorry for people of the world who don’t understand. The toughest moments in our lives truly show us who our real friends are. And anyone who thinks you should be “over it” by now is not a person who deserves you or your love. My aunt had a stillbirth about 25 years ago and she still grieves that little girl. 

I missed the rest of the BOTB thread because we were traveling, but it seems like you handled it with such grace. I’m sorry that awful person said such hurtful things in the first place though ❤️
  • My NT scan is Monday at 1:30 and I'm so scared and anxious about it.  I keep reminding myself I have no reason to believe anything is wrong.  The chances of the same thing happening again are so low. But the chances of it happening in the first place were low and it still happened.  I just want it to be over.
  • @sparklingdiamond I’ll be thinking of you on Monday. 
  • Yay @bakerstreetboys ! So happy to hear this <3 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • So glad to hear the good news @bakerstreetboys !
  • Yes! @bakerstreetboys

@sparklingdiamond I hope Monday comes fast so you can start to breathe easier. 
  • I am so excited and happy for you @bakerstreetboys
  • Yay @bakerstreetboys! I am happy you had a good US!

@sparklingdiamond do you have any fun plans this weekend to distract you if possible?
  • Oh that's so awesome @meatballs37 !  Low risk is a huge relief, and I know you were hoping for a girl :)

• yay @meatballs37!  How exciting <3  How are you feeling about having a girl?  I hope you feel at peace with this news.  

@bakerstreetboys oh I'm so glad to hear everything is looking good after your initial uncertainty.  I hope you can relax a little bit now.  

I don't think the anxiety ever goes away @sparklingdiamond.  I hope everything looks perfect at your scan <3 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • *dirty lurker* 

@meatballs37 Congratulations! :D:D:D at YH's comment <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I totally understand that feeling @meatballs37, I've been having similar thoughts about this baby potentially being a girl- I wanted the girl we had and another one would sort of feel like a "replacement".  But then I'd also be a little sad at having a boy because it means we lost the only daughter we're ever going to have as we'd be done after two.  I know ultimately I don't care as long as I get a take home baby but there are a lot of mixed emotions.  

I'm glad to hear you are happy with having a little girl though <3 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @meatballs37 a personal question... If you know you will deliver at 36 will they give you the steroid lung shot ahead of time? I don't know a whole lot about it. But with my son I got the shot at 34 weeks because I started having conplications and he was delivered at 35. He spent a few hours in the NICU due to blood sugar but never needed oxygen so I assume the shot helped (I'm not medical so what do I know). But it's been on my mind this time knowing that I will also be induced early. I don't know if it's one of those things I can request or we have to judge it at the time and my complications in the moment.
  • Yay @meatballs37!! So so excited for you! ❤️